Page 54 of 188 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

  1. #1326
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,427
    Its really too bad that the negative issues are the ones being hi lighted in this thread. I collect motuc because I enjoy it. Obviously there are people that don't don't enjoy it and seem to beat the dead horse until people agree with them.

    Reality is (so some of you are referring to) that these are action figures and although not perfect bring me and a lot of other fans happiness. One things for sure when I look at my collection I'm proud of what I see. Just because you can only see the few bad things and not most of the good (which in my opinion the good far out weigh the bad) is why I feel bad for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Its really too bad that the negative issues are the ones being hi lighted in this thread. I collect motuc because I enjoy it. Obviously there are people that don't don't enjoy it and seem to beat the dead horse until people agree with them.

    Reality is (so some of you are referring to) that these are action figures and although not perfect bring me and a lot of other fans happiness. One things for sure when I look at my collection I'm proud of what I see. Just because you can only see the few bad things and not most of the good (which in my opinion the good far out weigh the bad) is why I feel bad for you.

  2. #1327
    Casual Fan slackrguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    ToyGuru: "When Classics does finish, MOTU as a brand won't go away. It will continue, possibly with new toy lines."


    If MOTUC ends I will not get any figure not compatible with MOTUC, so If you want my money make all the vehicles and new beasts in the same scale with MOTUC and all be fine.
    I am right with you on scale, it is hard for me to even consider picking up a chracter from another toyline if they won't fit in with MOTUC's scale. Working Class Villains' The Prince of Crystal is slightly shorter but still looks like he's going to fit in scale wise and has toned downed details.

    If MOTUC size ends I'd likely switch to Gothitropolis and just start a new display.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

    If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

  3. #1328
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,336
    About reveals:

    He revealed Faceless One in 2009 for 2011...

    He revealed Nocturnus in 2012 for 2015...

    He revealed Granamyr in 2011 for 2012...


    Why he can't put out more names for the figures in 2013? Especially, if the success of the line may depends on it...

    Anyway, I like the way he appears in the video. But he has to do more product PR and that's including reveal more names in this line crisis...

  4. #1329
    Heroic Warrior kup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    well, I think its a normal thing. If you love something youre ready to let your ball kicked everytime.

    thats what men do after a cheat - if theyre in love they will always come back to the woman, no matter what. period.

    and we're like those men. we know that they have the power and we act consequentially, in order to do not lose our toys.
    That's creepy, dude. This isn't about a love story, it's about being treated with the respect we deserve as paying customers rather than people who don't mind being exploited and lied to.
    Last edited by kup; July 24, 2012 at 09:28am.

  5. #1330
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Its really too bad that the negative issues are the ones being hi lighted in this thread. I collect motuc because I enjoy it. Obviously there are people that don't don't enjoy it and seem to beat the dead horse until people agree with them.

    Reality is (so some of you are referring to) that these are action figures and although not perfect bring me and a lot of other fans happiness. One things for sure when I look at my collection I'm proud of what I see. Just because you can only see the few bad things and not most of the good (which in my opinion the good far out weigh the bad) is why I feel bad for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Its really too bad that the negative issues are the ones being hi lighted in this thread. I collect motuc because I enjoy it. Obviously there are people that don't don't enjoy it and seem to beat the dead horse until people agree with them.

    Reality is (so some of you are referring to) that these are action figures and although not perfect bring me and a lot of other fans happiness. One things for sure when I look at my collection I'm proud of what I see. Just because you can only see the few bad things and not most of the good (which in my opinion the good far out weigh the bad) is why I feel bad for you.
    People with negative experiences/opinions always seem to want to drag everybody else down with them. Like you said, they can't just be negative and then move on. The won't stop until EVERYBODY knows how terrible things are.

  6. #1331
    "No Lashor, We Bash Ya!" Robzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Okay everyone - we want to discuss the topic at hand, but at this point a few people are starting to strangle the discussion with constant back and forths and repeating their same points over and over.

    If you want to engage with a one on one dialogue with another poster, that's great - but take it to PM.
    Once you've stated your point once, then please think about whether you're saying something new or bringing some new perspective to the table before posting again.

    That way, lots of posters get to share their thoughts without it getting buried by repeat postings and one on one conversations.

    Thanks!
    THANK YOU! Considering we had a Mod put a stop to it yesterday, I can't believe people are still trying to twist people's words out of context to stir trouble. Glad you stepped in! Thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    If MOTUC ends I will not get any figure not compatible with MOTUC, so If you want my money make all the vehicles and new beasts in the same scale with MOTUC and all be fine.
    This is a really good point (and one I've discussed with many other fans)... who would be willing to start all over again with a new MOTU line? That's a HUGE ask by Matt-El, considering even Scott himself said fans have already "invested" heavily in MOTUC.


    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yeah, I agree... I don't see myself starting over... unless there is a different brand manager who has more of an affinity for POP and NA characters.
    And there you go... this is the same response I've been getting from others.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

  7. #1332
    Heroic Warrior bigsexy_j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    802
    So according to Scott I should blindly put my faith in Mattel that they will make all the core characters? They can't change anything about 2013, but can't tell us the line line up?

    Mattel wants me to commit $700 to them and they can't even get the my subscription page up, but hopefully it'll be ready by January. Seriously!?! Something that has been a problem for 4 years, is still a problem and was a couple weeks away in February is now hopefully ready in January.

    Scott you want to know what would have been better then these sponsor MOTUC adds, actually doing something about the fans concerns for the pastn4 years. Fans are now showing that your spin no longer works, and the price increase didn't help, and real action needed to be taken.

    I love these figures and the feeling I get when a new one arrives, the problem is that the hassle and cost are almost out weighing that now. My most wanted is Two-Badd, if I knew he when he was coming that would get them another sale that year, but something at Mattel doesn't like that idea.

    J
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; July 24, 2012 at 09:36am.

  8. #1333
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

    Yeah, I think this is decent... Something like this?

    Netossa, Castaspella
    Karatti, Hydron
    Calix or Miro
    Fang Man, Octavia, Strong Arm or Sea Hawk
    Jitsu, Snake Face, Rio Blast, Mantenna

    Ram Man is extra... the Troopers could be the 2-pack... or the NA leads could be a 2-pack...

    the $25 slot could be a variant... POP or MYP
    Sounds good - I really think we'll see Castaspella next year as well as Hydron and possibly Mara or Flog.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

  9. #1334
    Heroic Warrior benzie-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    112
    I bought my sub and will again in 2014. However, I know of at least 10 guys who are waiting untill the end of the month after payday! I hope we will see substantial improvements after this whole mess.
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

  10. #1335
    Heroic Warrior Delthaindia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kitten Town
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's creepy, dude. This isn't about a love story, it's about being treated with the respect we deserve as paying customers rather than people who don't mind being exploited and lied to.
    im gonna explain to you like were both cavemen.

    me like motu
    mattel owns motu
    no more mattel no more motu
    me buy sub
    me want motu
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

  11. #1336
    Heroic Warrior kup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    im gonna explain to you like were both cavemen.

    me like motu
    mattel owns motu
    no more mattel no more motu
    me buy sub
    me want motu
    Thanks, I can now understand your thought processes.

  12. #1337
    Heroic Warrior Delthaindia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kitten Town
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Thanks, I can now understand your thought process.
    I understood yours the first of several times you wrote it,
    it was on pg 16.
    Last edited by Delthaindia; July 24, 2012 at 09:41am.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

  13. #1338
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Sounds good - I really think we'll see Castaspella next year as well as Hydron and possibly Mara or Flog.
    I hope so on all accounts. These are the "new" figures I want


    I've already purchased 2 Subs. So hopefully I won't be disappointed.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  14. #1339
    "No Lashor, We Bash Ya!" Robzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    im gonna explain to you like were both cavemen.

    me like motu
    mattel owns motu
    no more mattel no more motu
    me buy sub
    me want motu
    For some reason I can hear Grimlock's voice
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

  15. #1340
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,591
    I think you have to look at 2012 overall to understand what's happening right now. We have had more significant problems in this past year, starting around November of 2011, than we've ever seen in a similar period. It's not just switched forearms to make things "pop;" there have been some serious breeches of faith and contract here. The basic tenet of the subs is that this is the one way to ensure you get every figure. And yet we saw cases where people abided by their side of the agreement, had money ready on their cards, and because of a foul-up on DR's part, did not get their figures. I don't think you can minimize that fact, or it's impact on how people view the subs. If I can buy a sub and still miss out on a figure, even the sub exclusive itself, what good is it?

    TG does nothing to address this problem. What has DR done to make sure that, for the third year running, there won't be a rash of sub cancellations again? If Matty isn't concerned about meeting it's contractual obligations with us, why should we trust them and sub?

    Tell us that DR will reserve the exact number of figures that the sub requires each month, based on the number of subs that emerge from the final day of sub sales. Period. If subs get cancelled, those figures will still be held back, not sold, not used for exchanges, to give people time to deal with inevitable sub cancellation problems. This is something that should have been common sense back in February of this year, as they knew there were major problems with subs being cancelled (but were too busy finding ways to blame it on customers to actually deal with it). Those figures were contractually spoken for, and yet they were gone at the end of the day. If the sub offers no binding guarantee that you will get your figure if you follow the rules, it is a worthless bit of data in cyberspace. That, above ALL ELSE, needs to be directly addressed if you want people to have enough faith to buy a sub.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  16. #1341
    Heroic Warrior kup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    For some reason I can hear Grimlock's voice


    What a real "Masterpiece" looks like

  17. #1342
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yeah, I think this is decent... Something like this?

    Netossa, Castaspella
    Karatti, Hydron
    Calix or Miro
    Fang Man, Octavia, Strong Arm or Sea Hawk
    Jitsu, Snake Face, Rio Blast, Mantenna
    I think I love you

  18. #1343
    Heroic Warrior kup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think you have to look at 2012 overall to understand what's happening right now. We have had more significant problems in this past year, starting around November of 2011, than we've ever seen in a similar period. It's not just switched forearms to make things "pop;" there have been some serious breeches of faith and contract here. The basic tenet of the subs is that this is the one way to ensure you get every figure. And yet we saw cases where people abided by their side of the agreement, had money ready on their cards, and because of a foul-up on DR's part, did not get their figures. I don't think you can minimize that fact, or it's impact on how people view the subs. If I can buy a sub and still miss out on a figure, even the sub exclusive itself, what good is it?

    TG does nothing to address this problem. What has DR done to make sure that, for the third year running, there won't be a rash of sub cancellations again? If Matty isn't concerned about meeting it's contractual obligations with us, why should we trust them and sub?

    Tell us that DR will reserve the exact number of figures that the sub requires each month, based on the number of subs that emerge from the final day of sub sales. Period. If subs get cancelled, those figures will still be held back, not sold, not used for exchanges, to give people time to deal with inevitable sub cancellation problems. This is something that should have been common sense back in February of this year, as they knew there were major problems with subs being cancelled (but were too busy finding ways to blame it on customers to actually deal with it). Those figures were contractually spoken for, and yet they were gone at the end of the day. If the sub offers no binding guarantee that you will get your figure if you follow the rules, it is a worthless bit of data in cyberspace. That, above ALL ELSE, needs to be directly addressed if you want people to have enough faith to buy a sub.
    Exactly right. I hope people understand that what you have written in your post summarizes the reasons why we are protesting and are 'upset' about.

  19. #1344
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's not the point at all, you missed it by miles or you simply don't want to see it as it has been explained several times already.

    What the hey, I will give you a hint, just for you :

    [whispers]It's not about people who buy subs and more about some people's grip on reality[/whispers]

    To put it simply, if you like to believe or idolize a guy who repeatedly kicks you in the nuts just because he sells you candy, then good for you.
    And what the hell does that mean? Just because I collect MOTUC and I can understand where Scott is coming from doesn't mean I "idolize" him??? It's not like he is running this line out of his basement and he makes every single desicion based on his own personal preferences. Some people just don't seem to understand this? He works for a much larger company and has policies to follow along with upper management's choices.

    And my service has been pretty good, any problems I've ever had have been fixed and taken care of. But maybe since I work in retail I understand Mattel's/Digital River's point of view more than others?
    Last edited by cbomb23; July 24, 2012 at 10:09am.

  20. #1345
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,861
    ToyGuru: "When Classics does finish, MOTU as a brand won't go away. It will continue, possibly with new toy lines."


    This seems to confirm a grim plan : choking the life out of MOTUC, THEN replacing it with a new MOTU-based line ! It is now very clear that a new movie will bring a new MOTU-line, and that it will be detrimental to MOTUC - if MOTUC is still alive by then, that is.

    Personally, as far as I'm concerned, there is no "after MOTUC". MOTUC is the ultimate and LAST line I collect, and the last Mattel line I'll ever spend my money on !


    The basic tenet of the subs is that this is the one way to ensure you get every figure. And yet we saw cases where people abided by their side of the agreement, had money ready on their cards, and because of a foul-up on DR's part, did not get their figures. I don't think you can minimize that fact, or it's impact on how people view the subs. If I can buy a sub and still miss out on a figure, even the sub exclusive itself, what good is it?

    TG does nothing to address this problem. What has DR done to make sure that, for the third year running, there won't be a rash of sub cancellations again? If Matty isn't concerned about meeting it's contractual obligations with us, why should we trust them and sub?
    This is exact, but this is only ONE example of the MULTIPLE issues this line is plagued with. The real problem is that NOTHING SERIOUS was done by "the Firm" to actually resolve a thing. And after 4 years, it can become heavy - even for the most dedicated fan.
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 24, 2012 at 10:40am.

  21. #1346
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I think I love you
    STOP!!!! That was NOT a hint LOL!! It was just a guess... I figure they need to put an heroic vintage MOTU in there somewhere besides Ram Man.

    I love Rio Blast. I hope he IS in the line-up for the year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think you have to look at 2012 overall to understand what's happening right now. We have had more significant problems in this past year, starting around November of 2011, than we've ever seen in a similar period. It's not just switched forearms to make things "pop;" there have been some serious breeches of faith and contract here. The basic tenet of the subs is that this is the one way to ensure you get every figure. And yet we saw cases where people abided by their side of the agreement, had money ready on their cards, and because of a foul-up on DR's part, did not get their figures. I don't think you can minimize that fact, or it's impact on how people view the subs. If I can buy a sub and still miss out on a figure, even the sub exclusive itself, what good is it?

    TG does nothing to address this problem. What has DR done to make sure that, for the third year running, there won't be a rash of sub cancellations again? If Matty isn't concerned about meeting it's contractual obligations with us, why should we trust them and sub?

    Tell us that DR will reserve the exact number of figures that the sub requires each month, based on the number of subs that emerge from the final day of sub sales. Period. If subs get cancelled, those figures will still be held back, not sold, not used for exchanges, to give people time to deal with inevitable sub cancellation problems. This is something that should have been common sense back in February of this year, as they knew there were major problems with subs being cancelled (but were too busy finding ways to blame it on customers to actually deal with it). Those figures were contractually spoken for, and yet they were gone at the end of the day. If the sub offers no binding guarantee that you will get your figure if you follow the rules, it is a worthless bit of data in cyberspace. That, above ALL ELSE, needs to be directly addressed if you want people to have enough faith to buy a sub.
    This is all so on point.

    I'd forgotten about the fact that MANY subscribers never received a Fisto... and that Scott obstinately insisted that "every subscriber was mailed a Fisto figure."

    Apparently that was not the case. Many people received a Fisto Mailer box with a Sorceress figure in it.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  22. #1347
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

    This seems to confirm a grim plan : choking the life out of MOTUC, THEN replacing it with a new MOTU-based line !
    I think so too ...


    It began with the forging of the great line-up:

    Three were given to NA, the most annoying and hated of all era's.
    Seven to Princess of Power, all shiny and glittery in their Crystal Falls
    And nine, nine figures were gifted to the Vintage Purists — who above anyone else, have the Power.

    But they were all of them deceived, for another line was made ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  23. #1348
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,772
    I appreciate all that Scott has done for this line. He did not have to take the time to make these updates or fight for this to continue. He could have just let it go (especially after some of the comments people make about him). None of us here have had to run a toyline and until we walk a day in his shoes we really don't know the pressures/stress of his job. I think some people talk about him like he owns Motuc, he doesn't Mattel does. There are many decisions made that are out of his control.

    I hope that everyone puts the negativity, and bickering aside and get a sub to support the brand that we all love. I know there have been many bumps along the way, but looking at my figures makes me see how amazing this line truly is. We can not let it end this way. If you can't afford to get one that's one thing, but not to get one because there are going to be one too many Pop or Na characters included is just ludicrous to me. This will probably end up being the most completed/vast He-man line ever made. Expansion is the key to longevity. Look at Joes, Transformers, Tmnt, etc. These brands have all expanded.

  24. #1349
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,268
    well from this post over on ask matty...

    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/8791075767

    ...we can confirm that the Horde Troopers will be out in 2013 or 2014

  25. #1350
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,263
    I am confident the Horde Troopers will be coming out in the next two years as long as subs can hit the minimum. They are one of the more popular vintage MOTU figures still on the list to be made and that will be the focus of the line moving forward. It's also good to hear that the prices are locked in for the next couple years so they should be $25 per figure. If I knew they were coming in 2013, it would make me seriously consider ordering a couple more subscriptions to make sure I get my army.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •