Page 62 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I certainly do. Australia is renown for its Tigers. This could save my life
    $1000 + shipping. I'll use the money to buy TWO more subs and Rio will either be released this or next year. Everybody wins and nobody gets mauled by Tigers!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm late to the party tonight, but here is all of the new stuff collected!

2013 outside the sub item(s)

Hi Scott, I know there is a lot of uncertainty with 2013 going through at this point. My question is, do you have any "can't miss" items planned outside of the sub for the classics line in 2013? I don't care about names, prices, or otherwise. Just offer another reason for fans to sub up and use the early access to their advantage! On a side note, I appreciate you spending so much time here answering our questions. Obviously everyone here is passionate about the line and want to be a part of it for years to come. Thanks again for all you do!

It all depends on what your opinion of can't miss is!
    Got my business!

Toyguru, Thank you for your prompt response to my question and I assume talk with your CS. I was able to place the order for my 3 MOTU, 3 CIE and 2 Watchmen subs tonight. Now that is good customer service and I'll do my part to support your efforts to bring out more great toys!

Fantastic. Spread the word.
    How all vintage MOTU by 2014?

with all the new tooling for the final MOTU characters will it really be possible to complete all the vintage MOTU by 2014? And will there be enough slots for all MOTU plus major POP, NA, & Filmation? thank you for all the hard work.

I can't guarantee it but we will try. It all comes down to how 2013 sells.
    International Shipping Policy

Forget the price increases (although that's quite a sting) it's your change in shipping policy that has changed the ability for international buyers to Sub from a struggle to a distant dream.

Please reconsider, and provide the same level of customer services we received when buying our 2012 subs with the lowest postage option.

Lost or damaged items should be replaced regardless of the shipping option selected.

By using the $30 shipping option that means the charge to get the same customer service in 2013 that I received in 2012 has gone up from $30 to $75 (including additional customs fees).

That's more then doubled...

If you use a non trackable method we can't be held responsible for lost packages. It is basic econimics. If you want a replacement guarantee we need to know the figures arrived. Otherwise we get scammed too much. A few bad apples ruin it for everyone else.
    Your Responce to jzachery!!!!!!

"Do you think the problem is that there are far too many sub-factions to MOTU? It must be hard to placate to POP, NA, Vintage, Preternia, Filmation, 200X, etc. It seems you can't please everyone 100% of the time. But do you think this is ultimately what's working against the line?!

"That is certianly true! WE do our best but know we can never please everyone. I just try to please myself. If I like the toy, I'm happy."

Don't you think that perhaps this attitude is the reason why so many fans are so unhappy and refusing so sign up for the sub right now!!!!!! Whilst it's understandable that as a massive fan boy yourself, your own vision of the line and story is what drives you, but it's not you yourself that is buying the figures, it's US the dedicated collectors, and we signed up for the line to get all the much loved MOTU, POP, NA and MYP characters. Hearing you speak like this is very concerning Scott and it shows the attitude you have to things that are not important to you like the essential POP accessories you cut from Netossa & the Star Sister's because those elements didn't personally please or appeal to you. The line is bigger than that...it's bigger than one man's personal fandom and you must start to reflect that in the way you professionally handle MOTUC.

You were warned last year by the "Fareness in the Factions" campaign that this storm was comming. Why should POP & NA fans put their trust in you again? You want us to hand over hundreds of dollars....just for us to continue watching you short change the prescious few POP figures we actually get in MOTUC, while our money is proping up the vintage fans feast of figures and the slew of unrequested concept figures every year that you almost always go above and beyond on when it comes to accessories. You need to check this attitude immedieatly Scott, because it's not helping you win subscribers back. Put what you personally want & like aside and do whats right for the brand!

We NEVER asked for all this Power of Grayskull stuff, all this concept stuff, that wasn't our agenda, we wanted a collection full of Horde, full of Evil Warriors, full of Great Rebellion, and instead of filling slots with the much loved characters we signed up for you've given us all this Powers of Grayskull and concept stuff. I Totally get and appreciate you wanted to tell a story, but I think you have to stop thinking as 'you' and what makes 'you happy' in this line and start paying attention to the endless messages you get from your customers saying 'we want POP, we want NA, we want MYP'.

It's not about what makes you happy Scott. It's what makes your paying customers happy, and that is why we're in this situation now.

Sure, but someone has to make the call. Just as the Horsemen make the call on what each fig should look like, it is my job to make a call on releases. It doesn't mean that I don't look at fan polls and take every opinion into consideration, but at the end of the day I have a job to do and that is why I get paid to do what I do. I will never please everyone, but look at the fan requests I have helped make happen:

Keldor Swords
    Sorceress
    Photog
    Ram Man
    Filmation rights
    Fan's choice slot
    Mini comics
    Windraider
    Beasts
    Army builders

Do I get any credit?
    Character-Poll for Matty-customers

Dear TG,

thank you for your engagement for MOTUC, here an idea to increase the number of subscriptions for 2014:

You could start a poll to ensure to get to the characters which the majority of us want to have. Every person who has purchased a MOTUC-product should be registered in your data. Send each of them a code (as made for the Fan-Choice) so that they can access to a poll which could look like this:

-----------
    1: This character invites me very much to subscribe
    2: This character invites me to subscribe
    3: I don´t mind having this character in a subscription
    4: This character blocks me to subscribe
    5: This character blocks me very much to subscribe

CHARACTER_____1__2__3__4__5
    Clawdeen___________X_________
    Disco Skeletor_______________X
    Hydron_____________X_________
    Rokkon__________X____________
    Scorpia____________X_________
    Evil Seed________________X___
    Zombie Randor_______________X
    etc...

I believe that the cooperation of the fans would be huge. You can get a lot o useful information, and evaluate the results on different ways (considering for example the buy habits on the day of sale or the numbers of subscriptions done so far). This would surely help to get happy customers and more subscriptions for 2014.

Thank you very much for your time!

Lets sell in 2013 first. Before we look at 2014 we need to sell 50% more 2013 subs.
    Scott, please read: International fans feeling mistreated AGAIN...

First of all, let me tell you I DO appreciate your work, and your passion for MOTUs.

I'm an international fan from SPAIN, and I'm sure I speak for almost all of us when I say we want MOTUC to continue, but AGAIN, we feel being treated as "second class collectors". To mention some examples of this: we could not buy the "surprise packs", we were not allowed to send in ideas for customs for the 30th Anniversary (why!?), and now, Mattel tells us to buy a sub to support the continuity of the line, but WITH NO REPLACEMENT POSSIBILITY if a package is sent with "INTERNATIONAL POST" option (the cheapest one) and does NOT arrive to our address.

I don't mind waiting more for my items to arrive with that option (sometimes a lot of time really), but at least I'd expect Mattel to support me in some way, and send me a replacement if after 6, 7 or 8 weeks the items do not arrive. Why?:

1. Because I'm a HONEST collector (and I'd say that for at least 99% of the International buyers) and I'm not here to profit on Mattel. I'm here to collect my loved MOTUCs, which I'm going to pay for in advance, and I'm not going to ask for a replacement if I do receive my figures.

2. Because it's almost surrealistic to pay for a shipment option which costs almost the same (or more) as the figure itself, to be probably overcharged later with abusive CUSTOMS FEEs when it arrives at my home country. Result: Probably a $25 figure will cost me in the end $60 or more. Really crazy! : (

Isn't there a possibility to have some European distribution center to send to all European countries? Almost all packages since a year or more ago are being sent through SWEDEN's POSTAL SERVICE (?). I'm sure it'd be better for all Europeans to have a centralized distribution center here, to solve all commented problems regarding shipment costs/issues.

Scott, we International buyers WANT to support the MOTUC line to continue for many years, but we're having a hard time to get our figures from Mattel with this new politics regarding us. With this options, it would probably be cheaper for us to get our figures from eBay, even with the reseller's prices increments... Which is really sad.

Please, do not mistreat AGAIN your loyal International buyers. Please think about it, ToyGuru. Thanks for your time.

I totally get it. International shipping is just not something we have much control over. It costs what it costs to get this product to you in a trackable way. Just look at American Girl, Barbie.com and Hotwheels.com. They don't offer any international shipping. So getting anything from Matty.com is honestly already ahead of other colletor sites.

I wish it was cheeper. I really do. We just don't have any control over shipping costs. In the past we have eaten some of the cost and we can't afford that any more with skyrocketing material and labor costs.
    Please get us Kowl before the end of 2014.

This is just a plea to the powers at be to not forget Kowl when discussing the heavy hitters and must haves to make before the line possibly ends. We've had Bow for a year and a half and his better half is still noticeably absent. I can't imagine the line ending and not having Bow and Kowl together.

We';ll try! First step is selling in 2013 at the min prodcution quota to be able to hit 25.00 a figure. Anything less then that and prices go way up per fig. The lower to run the higher the cost to make.
    Can you do a 2014 poll?

Would it be possible to do a 2014 poll to see which characters from all factions fans are clamoring for. I know that there seems to be an emphasis on the vintage line, but there are some NA and POP characters that are more important to the mythos and/or fans than a character taking priority just because they were vintage. For instance Glimmer and Queen Angella had much bigger parts to play than, let's say, Rokkon, or Ninjor.

Lets wait to see how 2013 sell in goes. If it doesn't sell through there isn't much point since a 2014 line won't happen.
    What Mattycollector MUST do to make the sub viable for international customers

So it's no secret that not only have costs gone up but that for international customers to be covered in the event of faulty stock, they must go with DHL.

To put this in perspective for those of us in Australia for example, this means individual figures go up from $30 to $65 a figure. Now while it's true that costs have gone up and that the price rises are out of control; the notion that there's nothing you can do to alleviate costs for international customers is a blatant lie, and no that does not mean Mattel taking subsidising shipping costs.

In fact the solution is something that Mattel already IS doing with those who have both Club Eternia and 30th Anniversary subs, namely bulk shipping of several months' worth of items in a single shipment.

I'll refer you to the following breakdown a he-man.org board member raised comparing International Post with DHL shipping:

Int.Post/DHL...

01: 13.75/01: 30.60
    02: 21.70/02: 35.50
    03: 30.15/03: 40.45
    04: 38.25/04: 45.25
    05: 46.60/05: 49.40
    06: 60.25/06: 58.50
    07: 69.70/07: 63.05
    08: 78.60/08: 67.65
    09: 87.55/09: 72.25
    10: 96.15/10: 76.85

As you can see, the moment you hit 5 std items or their equivalent, there's less than $3 difference in shipping costs. When you hit 6 std items or their equivalent, DHL is actually cheaper than International Post.

Therefore, if you implement a bulk shipping approach to international customers, you actually completely remove one of the price increase hurdles for international customers with the current changes to the shipping costs and policy. Furthermore, there's more than 5 months to adapt the bulk shipping systems which have already been employed this year in Masters Subscriptions to the Club Eternia 2013 Subscription.

I'm not the only person wondering about this. There's been a fair bit of chatter on the .org for example about this, yet there's a resentment to what people rightly see as scare tactics. Now I understand that what you say about the viability of the line is merely stating economic realities. However the first rule of any sales and marketing project, as you would no doubt be aware is that the key to closing sales is effectively handling objections.

What you have recently said about importing toys being expensive is correct; however it's hardly anything remotely close to effective objection handling when there is a solution to minimise costs that is within Mattel's power here - namely to allow international customers the option of combining shipping on several months' worth of figures in one lot.

International fans like myself want to support the line and subscribe, however we feel like Mattel is refusing to meet us halfway here, when as the shipping arrangements for those who have both 30th Anniversary and Club Eternia this year prove; they're able to do so.

So with that said, will you and DR look at adapting the bulk shipping options used for combining 30th Anniversary and Club Eternia Subscriptions this year for international Club Eternia subscribers next year and in doing so, completely remove that objection? Because I can tell you, that it would remove a major stumbling block for international fans who do want to subscribe for next year.

We have looked into this and it is not possible. What we offer is still alot better then what our sister sites like Redlineclub, American Girl and Barbiecollector.com offer - zero international shipping options!

I know it is not perfect, but we have very little control over international shipping and we are offering the best we can. It is similar to when American collectors want Japanese toys. They are very expensive to import. That is just how it goes. I wish we could do more, I really do!
    A-List charcaters

Scott, I realy appreciate your answering questions. I've been a silent lurker in these parts for ages, but I've been buying the toys. I purchased a sub last year for the first time, and I guess I must be in the minority because I was thrilled with the 2012 lineup. Sorceress, Fisto, Swifty, and Weaver plus lots of others. I do understand peoples' frustration over not getting what they consider to be A-list charcaters and instead getting concept charcaters. I share this to a point(my girls love PoP, and the absence of Glimmer, Castaspella, Kowl, Razz, Angella, Mantenna to name justa few) can be frustrating especially when replaced by charcaters we have never heard of. As to my question, you've committed to us that if we get a sub, the next two years, and especially 2014 will be filled with A-list charcaters, but this begs the question, who do YOU consider an A-list character? I ask this because you're the guy pulling the trigger on who gets the green light, and your A-list may be my "c" or even "d" list. I realize that you cannot tell us who exactly will be on the roster, and I'm NOT asking that you do that. What I am asking for is NOT a commitment that ANY charcater will be on the list. Instead I am asking you to list your A-list charcaters. This will make a lot of folks on the fence sub up(at least I hope it will). Again, I love the line. It's alllowed me to introduce characters to my kids that I loved as a kid!

A list figs would be all the vintage MOTU figs and the main POP, filmation and NA characters. The obvious ones (Glimmer, Angella, Mermissta, Cataspella, Flogg, Hydron, Scorpia, Shakoti, Icer, Strongarm, Lizard man, etc...) All figs we will try to get to before end of 2014 if we can get the min 2013 sold in.
    May we know how far in percent we are from the minimum subs needed??

Im trying to convince people who dont buy anymore subs, im always updating my facebook page with 2000 people about masters of the universe with all the news and support about the line cause i think is the best line we will ever get!and i love that we have a lot of different eras on it im a completist but of course i preffer the vintage over all! please let us knwo how far we are from the goal to stop eating the nails! are we at least close??? i will keep looking for support everywhere i can and sharing ur answers!

We have over 50% to go. We are at 46% of the min orders we need as of right now.

If we don't hit 100% of the min it means fewer figs at higher prices (i.e. 30-35.00 per figure and likely only 4-6 figs for the whole year)
    Dedicated to ToyGuru ! Buzz for 2013 Subscription ! U MUST SEE IT

We realized all the efforts you made to keep MOTUC going on!
    Fans can do the same!
    Take a look at the supporting video I created Wink
    It will be shared tonight!

Youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ3deCpo5qI

Awesoome! Long live MOTUC! (I hope!)
    Daily MOTUC Sub Goal Total?

To kind of add to what 'Dark Knight' said in an earlier question. Because many of us are masochistic nail biters (or is this just me?), in lieu of a thermometer or until one is active, is there any way you can post daily the percent of total reached for the MOTUC sub goal? Perhaps post it somewhere in this thread as a sticky either at the EOD or beginning of day, just so we know where the subs stand?

The thermometer for the DCUC thread is ultra handy and obvious, but since we don't have one of these yet for MOTUC many of us are forced to read through your voluminous responses here and hope to glean when/if you mention the days total. For instance; yesterday you replied to a fan who asked about the math involving the subs and you replied that we're at about 80% of our goal. Now one could assume that in just under two weeks time we'll hit 100% no problem, but I for one would like to know how we're doing on at least a daily basis until we get a thermometer. Thank you!

We are working on getting a meter. Right now we are less then 50% of the min.
    A thanks and maybe a goodbye.

I just wanted to thank you for helping put out such an awesome line. Since I am on an extremely tight budget, I've never been able to afford to sub. I just get what I can. The combination of the price increase, along with shipping and many sku's not being available DOS has essentially pushed me out of collecting this line.

I'm not upset about this as I understand the economics, but I am sad about it.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for putting out so many awesome figures and I hope things continue on for some time for those with more expendable income than me (stupid mortgage and student loans! lol).

Also, I wanted to say thanks for getting Keldor's 200x swords made and put into the new weapons pack. I still hope we can get a "Prince Keldor" figure someday, perhaps like he is on the new mini-comic that comes with king He-Man. I would find some way to get that, for sure.

BTW, I did sub for Watchmen. I can afford 6 figures just fine, I just can't swing it for MOTUC, sadly :-(

Like I said, I'm not mad, I LOVE this line. Just sad to see it go out of my price range. It was a blast while I could tag along, though!

-KTC

I hate to see it go too. Especially since if we don't get the min sub orders it will mean fewer figs at even higher prices (since we will be producing at below our min order at a high premium like what happened to GB and JLU)
    combined shipping question for ToyGuru

What is it that has to be figured out for early access items to ship with subscription items? I don't see why subscription figures have to ship early. Why can't they just ship at the same time the day of sale figures ship, then you would have time to add the early access items to the subscription orders for combined shipping. I think saving money would be more of a priority for most fans over having your figures a few days earlier than non-subscribers.

Not having combined shipping is the biggest sticking point for me not buying a subscription and I'm afraid we're not going to get a definitive answer on this before the subscription sale window ends. I just refuse to buy a subscription only to pay double shipping costs, it's not going to happen.

We need to work through some shipping and purchase logistics before we can offer this. We are working on it!
    Dreamworks acquiring Classic Media: Implications to MOTU?

I was curious to get your feedback on the possible effect the acquisition of Classic Media by Dreamworks could potentially have on MOTUC/MOTU IN GENERAL, and for that matter She-Ra? Is this an instance like when Disney acquired Marvel and it was business as usual, or will there be an underlying change in Mattel's access to Filmation material and how/if She-Ra characters can be used? Will this possibly help with a proposed media incarnation at some time in the future? Pretty much anything you could tell us as a fan base would really help right now!

As of now there are no changes.
    The Bios.....

First off, thank you for a great line of figures! I'm just wondering if all the bios you had planned up to 2016 will still see the light off day if the line is going to end in 2014? I have really enjoyed the story you have been telling in the bios, and I really would like to see how it unfolds and concludes.

If we get enough customers and can keep making figures we will keep making bios. Right now we are over 50% down from where we need to be. Time to subscribe. The alt is less figures at higher prices (like what happened to GB).
    Will there be any slipups/delays in 2013 line up ?

Assuming if the Sub sales hitting the minimum required numbers, Will there be any slipups/delays/pushes in 2013 ?

I am asking this because @ SDCC Reveals, you announced Ram Man would be coming in January. But the Subscription information reads that Ram Man would be coming on February !

Frankly, the slipups/delays this year created quite a lot of confusions & at the end of the day, international customers had/have to pay heavy customs fees for large bundles !!

What we don’t want to see is 2+ Ram Mans & 2+ FFM (& 2+ Monthly Figures) OR 2+ King He-Man & 2+ FFM (& Monthly Figures) coming together !! I really don’t want to get stuck with that kind of situation !!

I seriously hope all figures come the way it was announced at SDCC (Sticking To Their Respective Months/Quarters that is) !!

The reason we have a hard stop of Aug 6th is to do all we can to avoid slip ups. I'll confirm if RM is Jan or Feb ASAP.
    DONT KILL OFF MOTUC.. A plea to fans

I think it’s a sad day indeed when the end of MOTUC may be in sight.

Im one of the supposedly insignificant international customers( meaning a small percentage according to Mattel) that has from day one supported the line and from the start of subs bought 2 every year ( including shipping and other costs.)

For me whats killing off these figures isn’t the added cost per figure or shipping it’s the general feel about the line. It used to be great reading the posts on here how excited and pleased the majority of fans where.

These are toys OK nobodies life hangs in the balance, but for me the mix of figures we didn’t ever see in figure form was the beauty of this line . I was NEVER a new adventures fan but the addition to the MOTUC line really changed my mind. Same with the POP figures the MOTUC versions also have changed my opinion.

We are going to loose figures that would have added to line and given us a range of characters to learn to appreciate all for the attitude of I want every thing now.

I think a few people acted a lot less like children in the 1980s, when their parent bought them figures as a surprise.

I think we are killing the golden goose for the sake of quicker eggs.

Yeah. We can only make figures as long as their are customers willing to buy them. I've always said what will "kill teh lein" is when it costs more to make these figures vs. what fans will pay. I hope we are not there yet. Right now we are over 50% down from where we need to be. It is up to fans to step up. We will unite or we will fall (sorry, I've been watching a lot of LOTR this week)
    Advertising: Missed Opportunities

Why are the subs not being advertised on the main Mattel website and/or Facebook page?

Same goes for the DC comics website and Facebook page...

We're working on this.
    I'm guessing this year would be off the table...

But if you could anticipate the figure pricing remaining the same through more than one year, could a 2-year subscription be offered in the future?

Oh, and a shout out to PoP! If I didn't have that line as a kid, I wouldn't be here now. Thanks for all the great figures so far!

You are correct. that is not possible right now. We ar enot far enough along on 2014 to offer it yet.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

For example, let's pretend 5000 is the minimum requirement to greenlight the sub. Last year the subscription sold 50% more which would be 7500. But half of that wouldn't = 5000
    I think the quote you are referring to is when TG said we could lose half our 2012 sales and still be ok. If that is what you are talking about, then mathematically, saying we can lose 50% and still hit the minimum is not the same as saying we sold 50% more than the minimum. The example you gave is we sold 50% more than the minimum. What TG said is they could half of their sales and still be ok, so if the min is 5000, then they sold 10000 last year. Losing half of 10k is 5k.

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I'm late to the game tonight and trying to catch up.

I'm afraid to start another thread in the event that it's somewhere in the billion pages I haven't read through on the site. But, we should start a brainstorming thread to consolidate thoughts on how to help this situation. News is one thing, but if we want to actively move forward, and quickly, we need ideas.

*Someone had mentioned contacting Newsarama about the sub - perhaps this and other fan/figure sites might be good. Not sure how something like Newsarama would feel about giving Mattel free advertising though.

*Online etailers buy in bulk, I have a feeling this is a decent portion of the missing sub numbers. If we create buzz that there will be no day of sales, and they will be the ones the cherry pickers go to, they may pick some up. They're typically small businesses, with the economy they may be investing less in large stock like this.

*Local comic shops, try to get them into buying a sub, they could probably put the figure up for sale every month and make money back, if not a profit. And they're just cool to display anyway.

Ideas guys. We need ideas!

Sure, but someone has to make the call. Just as the Horsemen make the call on what each fig should look like, it is my job to make a call on releases. It doesn't mean that I don't look at fan polls and take every opinion into consideration, but at the end of the day I have a job to do and that is why I get paid to do what I do. I will never please everyone, but look at the fan requests I have helped make happen:

Keldor Swords
    Sorceress
    Photog
    Ram Man
    Filmation rights
    Fan's choice slot
    Mini comics
    Windraider
    Beasts
    Army builders

Do I get any credit?
    Scott, your ego is showing

E-tailers were told last year there would be little to no day of stuff as well and they got left with a lot of stock. They aren't going to be burned again, especially when they aren't getting a bulk discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    E-tailers were told last year there would be little to no day of stuff as well and they got left with a lot of stock. They aren't going to be burned again, especially when they aren't getting a bulk discount.
    Man, I wish Mattel/Scott had a better hand on the pulse of these E-Tailers. I kills me to think of the lost opportunities!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    yeah sadly I think BBTS has been burned and not looking forward to getting "stuck" with more inventory
    the ignore list is my new best friend

DC is tracking to where it was last year (which if trends continue it will be the bare min to at least go forward with the sub, I'm not sure if we will hit the "fully tool'd fig in 2014 mark"). MOTU is about 50% down from where we were at this point last year. Watchmen is its own thing but is doing about as well as DC.

So MOTU is the biggest concern right now. We usually get the bulk of sub int he first 48 hours and in the past have hit the min for MOTU in those first two days. This year, due to the price increase it has been slower.

So if you love MOTUC, the way you can vote for more figs is to buy a sub. Not a scare tactic, just the truth.
    If that's the truth, and TG's comment that last year they got more than double the minimum subs needed (since he stated they could have lost over 50% and still meet the required mininum), then that means WE ARE VERY CLOSE OR HAVE ALREADY REACHED THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF SUBS FOR 2013 (unless they have greatly increased the required minimum for 2013 from what it was for 2012).

Why? Because he states that the bulk of the MOTUC sub are usually sold in the first two days. That means that, at this point last year, they had already sold well over the minimum required (since that minimum was quickly met during the first 48 hours). We're already well into the second week of the 2013 sub sale. By this time last year, they must surely have been at around at least 150% of the minimum, since by the end of the sub sale they had sold well over 200% of minimum. Since he states that we're now about 50% down from where we were at this point last year, that means we're now probably at around 75% of the minimum for 2013 subs.

To explain it with concrete numbers, rather than percentages: Suppose last year they sold 25,000 subs and their minimum was 10,000 (that is, they could have lost over 50% of the 25,000 total, i.e. 12,500 less, and still be well over the 10,000 minimum). Now, by the third day of last year's sub sale, they had already sold at least the 10,000 minimum, which means that by the twelfth day they were probably at least around the 15,000 mark. So, if this year we're at about 50% of what we were at last year, i.e. 50% of 15,000, that means we're at around the 7,500 mark, or 75% of the minimum.

Don't let Toyguru's purposefully obfuscated phrasing fool you. He's actually telling us that at this point we're not that far from reaching the minimum (or maybe already even there). But of course he won't admit that much plainly and clearly, as his marketing strategy is obviously to scare the greatest possible number of people into buying the sub.

To all my international brothers and sisters...We're boned! Plain and simple there is absolutely NOTHING TG or Mattel can or will do to help us out. Its like TG said, its just business economics. Unless we can figure out a workaround, the BBTS solutions sounded pretty good, we have to either deal with prices increases and buy a sub or become cherry pickers and still pay higher prices but at least we dont have to pay for figures we dont want, that would be any and ALL POP figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    $1000 + shipping. I'll use the money to buy TWO more subs and Rio will either be released this or next year. Everybody wins and nobody gets mauled by Tigers!
    What happens if it gets lost in the post?

Of all of his responses there's one that stands out. His refusal to give us combined shipping on subs, or even bulk shipping.
    I'm sorry but this is utter balderdash. When this line started they offered to ship an entire years worth of figures in 1 go!
    I very much doubt that DHL cares whether Matty ships a box of 2 figures or 10 as long as they(and by extension us) pay the appropriate shipping charges.

There is much that I will accept about the reality of our current situation but this is one area where I call shenanigans of the highest order.
    You don't get to just wave your hand and say "Looked into it, can't do it." When we know fine well that such things are WELL within the realms of possibility and don't involve doing anything drastic like removing figures from the sub or changing prices because we all know that isn't going to happen.
    This flippant dismissal of what is for us international customers a very serious issue just isn't going to fly. Give us an actual CONCRETE answer as to WHY this is not possible, and I don't want to hear any nonsense about confidentiality or not being privy to divulge company procedures or any of that kind of bilge.
    The impression that they're giving is that the matty sub is in some SERIOUS trouble. I fully expect "certain" parties to be panicking like crazy behind closed doors. Considering that this is such a sore point, and that this one consideration would be enough to convince many internationals to re-sub for this year I would be so bold as to suggest that perhaps they should eat crow, realise that they're in desire straights and MAKE IT POSSIBLE.

The only reasons I can possibly think of why we can't have this would be that they don't want figures taking up space in warehouses for a few months at a time before they get shipped, or they may have negotiated some kind of deal with DHL that gives them slightly decreased shipping prices on the condition that they are provided with a minimum number of packages per month. If they come out and admit that this is what it is then I'll understand. I'll still consider it to be some Grade A nonsense but at least explain to us WHY you can not provide us with this very simple concession.
    Last edited by Jii Dee; July 24, 2012 at 10:27pm.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    46% of the min!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST DEPRESSING!!!!!!!!! Even with a price increase, how in the world could that many MOTUC's collectors BAIL on this amazing line of figures???????!!!!!!!????????? UNBELIEVABLE

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    If that's the truth, and TG's comment that last year they got more than double the minimum subs needed (since he stated they could have lost over 50% and still meet the required mininum), then that means WE ARE VERY CLOSE OR HAVE ALREADY REACHED THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF SUBS FOR 2013 (unless they have greatly increased the required minimum for 2013 from what it was for 2012).

Why? Because he states that the bulk of the MOTUC sub are usually sold in the first two days. That means that, at this point last year, they had already sold well over the minimum required (since that minimum was quickly met during the first 48 hours). We're already well into the second week of the 2013 sub sale. By this time last year, they must surely have been at around at least 150% of the minimum, since by the end of the sub sale they had sold well over 200% of minimum. Since he states that we're now about 50% down from where we were at this point last year, that means we're now probably at around 75% of the minimum for 2013 subs.

To explain it with concrete numbers, rather than percentages: Suppose last year they sold 25,000 subs and their minimum was 10,000 (that is, they could have lost over 50% of the 25,000 total, i.e. 12,500 less, and still be well over the 10,000 minimum). Now, by the third day of last year's sub sale, they had already sold at least the 10,000 minimum, which means that by the twelfth day they were probably at least around the 15,000 mark. So, if this year we're at about 50% of what we were at last year, i.e. 50% of 15,000, that means we're at around the 7,500 mark, or 75% of the minimum.

Don't let Toyguru's purposefully obfuscated phrasing fool you. He's actually telling us that at this point we're not that far from reaching the minimum (or maybe already even there). But of course he won't admit that much plainly and clearly, as his marketing strategy is obviously to scare the greatest possible number of people into buying the sub.
    I'd like to believe you, but he's saying we're still only 46% of the minimum number needed. It's pretty scary really, I didn't think we'd be this much in trouble this year and am very sorry that many subscribers have dropped the line. If Mattel has actually burned that many people, I'm especially sorry. Not being a customer who had been burned very badly up to now, the current situation is the bigger drag.

If the line does die, I wish we'd at least get the bios to finish up the story. Not that I really like the bios all that much, but I am curious. TG wouldn't even commit to that, saying if we make the minimum, we'll keep writing bios. I thought all the bios were already written? Hasn't he said that again and again?

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I'm afraid to start another thread in the event that it's somewhere in the billion pages I haven't read through on the site. But, we should start a brainstorming thread to consolidate thoughts on how to help this situation. News is one thing, but if we want to actively move forward, and quickly, we need ideas.

*Someone had mentioned contacting Newsarama about the sub - perhaps this and other fan/figure sites might be good. Not sure how something like Newsarama would feel about giving Mattel free advertising though.

*Online etailers buy in bulk, I have a feeling this is a decent portion of the missing sub numbers. If we create buzz that there will be no day of sales, and they will be the ones the cherry pickers go to, they may pick some up. They're typically small businesses, with the economy they may be investing less in large stock like this.

*Local comic shops, try to get them into buying a sub, they could probably put the figure up for sale every month and make money back, if not a profit. And they're just cool to display anyway.

Ideas guys. We need ideas!
    if etailers are holding off, this 50 percent we need yet could be tough to get but I can't believe that we will miss the mark.. We have to get there! Buy a sub... I have four for 2013...twice as many as last year.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I can't afford more than one. And I only need one anyway.

But I did ask this on the Matty boards just now, I didn't see it asked, and figured I'd put it out there...

I'm currently a sub holder, and I check the boards often, so I knew of the sub sale going on right now. But it sounds like a lot of current sub holders aren't renewing yet. As a sub holder, I haven't gotten an email or anything letting me know that a 2013 sub is up for sale. I see you posted it on the page here, but any chance you can send a mass email to current sub holders to let them know? Is there any extra incentive you can give to current subholders to renew?

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar

But I did ask this on the Matty boards just now, I didn't see it asked, and figured I'd put it out there...

I'm currently a sub holder, and I check the boards often, so I knew of the sub sale going on right now. But it sounds like a lot of current sub holders aren't renewing yet. As a sub holder, I haven't gotten an email or anything letting me know that a 2013 sub is up for sale. I see
    you posted it on the page here, but any chance you can send a mass email to current sub holders to let them know? Is there any extra incentive you can give to current subholders to renew?
    At least you're doing what you can!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I'm currently a sub holder, and I check the boards often, so I knew of the sub sale going on right now. But it sounds like a lot of current sub holders aren't renewing yet. As a sub holder, I haven't gotten an email or anything letting me know that a 2013 sub is up for sale. I see you posted it on the page here, but any chance you can send a mass email to current sub holders to let them know? Is there any extra incentive you can give to current subholders to renew?
    Web Marketing 101 really. I'm shocked they haven't done this already.

Huh? I've gotten 2 emails.

email.jpg
    Last edited by NorthCoast; July 24, 2012 at 10:55pm.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Huh? I've gotten 2 emails.
    Then you probably got mine> LOL.

I hope they're advertising in the MOTU comic book!

Not only won't he follow the 2016 road map, he might not even follow the 2013 one at the point.

I haven't gotten an email. The only emails I get are the ones advertising the upcoming store sales but nothing to do with sub stuff...except my confirmation emails. I didn't get the ones regarding Mekaneck and DB Skeletor??? And yes, I checked my junk email!

If I were a cherry picker right now I would think it would be the perfect year to buy a sub. With the little to no day of sales it's the perfect time to sell off extras you don't want...especially if you are a POP or NA cherry picker. You would have all those Vintage MOTU's to resell. If I could afford a second sub I would get one to keep doubles I want and sell the rest off.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I had a sub last year. Im just over it all.

I will find the few left i need at cons or secondary markets.

The org will be here after MOTUC. just as it was before.

I like everyone else in the world would likd either 6 month subs or pre order.

As far as I've heard, Hasbro's shop doesn't offer overseas shipping either.

I'd like to get more than 1 sub to help out but I'm also getting the DC one and the Watchmen one ( I've been collecting DCUC since before this line came out), but I really can't swing all of that so sorry everyone. If all the lines fail dont know what I'll do next year. May go back to Gundam models...
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)