Page 93 of 188 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    LOLOLOL

I am not going to tell any one that they MUST by a sub but the fact is the line is all but dead. We may get a 2014 but if Scott screws it up this year and releases crap figures after everything we have gone through then no one will be coming back again. If it is revealed that this was indeed a scare tactic then no one will ever come back again.

So what I am asking you to do is give back a little faith right at the end. Yes we have all be burned (some badly) by Mattel and their shoddy practices but this line will never recover from where we are now, no matter how much we wish it would.

Now is the time to not support Mattel or Scott or any other negative. Now is the time to support the Four Horsemen, the MOTU brand and support the tail end of what was a fantastic looking line. If you can afford it, I implore you to buy a sub. Mattel are in a major hole now. If 2013 goes ahead and anything goes wrong with QC then they will be accountable for the failure as we, as fans, would have proved we could save it when things were dire.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yes, it is kind of sad how cynical everyone is.

I act as an Art Director in a Marketing department. I appreciate that people are wary about communications from companies. They should be. I think it's great to be skeptical of what people are trying to sell you. Honestly, when all of this began I had my own share of skepticism. I know what it's like to be on the other end of crafting messages to consumers. The best companies know that it's not in their interests to intentionally deceive their customers, but there ARE unscrupulous characters and companies out there.

But, any little nagging doubts floating around my head started disappearing days ago. It started with Scott's videos. You know, I just don't think Scott is that good of an actor. He seemed pretty genuine and direct. And in videos and on RGD is where he really shines, I think. So my "is this really a scare tactic of some kind?" thoughts were greatly diminished.

The Four Horsemen's message totally eradicated them. If any MOTU fan STILL thinks this is a scare tactic after reading that... well, that's their right. I just don't think they know the 4H very well. I don't claim to know any of them personally, but in every single interaction I've ever read or heard about or seen between them and their fans and customers, they've never been anything but honest and open. They have no ulterior motive here.

I really thought their message would start to sway people and start to break through the walls of cynicism I see from some fans. It seems I was sadly naive, I guess.

But, I'll leave those fans to that. I know people have their reasons for being cynical. If all of this can't get through that, then nothing will. The only way to utterly prove them wrong would be for the line to fail and I certainly don't want that! Best to just focus on getting those people we can on board.

My thing is, at the end of the day, I could care less about all the backstage drama. I just want my toys. I've been a very happy customer (bar some DR CS issues) and I hope I can stay one for years to come.
    yes but i just cant understand it
    before scott was like: we need to make the line till 2017 so thats why they cant give all the heavy hitters at the start because the interest in the line would fall, so thats why he spread the heavy hitters trhough the line, but now he had to reschedule all the upcoming list for 2014 to heavy hitters, if this is not clear i think people are blind! or just dont want to believe that the line really is in danger and i know there will be a lot of people will be like god why i didnt believe it after all of us lost the line.......

If they will give us all the heavy hitters for 2014 this means something important! this means that maybe and just maybe the line will not do it till 2015 cause maybe they will ran out of main characters at least the hit on really interesting filmation, pop characters or staff like that
    i think if 2013 will survive the possible end of the line is the end of 2014, but if they play good cards and choose the right characters for 2015 like huntara, lizard man, sea hawk, strong arm, madam razz and brum, Kowl, imp, mermista, perfuma, flutterina, Octavia, general sunders, maybe hunga and a beast like molkrom, or rabar, i think they could extend the life of motu till 2015.....
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I signed up.

First time since the mini sub in 2009, I hope I don't get TOO burned by this

I would be VERY surprised if 2013 doesn't happen.

For that matter I would also be VERY surprised if 2014 doesn't happen.

Club infinite earths didn't hit THEIR minimum last year, and they got a Pity Sub... AND they got the planning money for 2013.

Going just by thermeters, Infinite earths very well could have been spared last year... but they should have just rode out into obscurity with nothing planned for 2013.

As it is, I don't think that line will make it this year. But regardless, has anyone heard that Mattel REGRETTED that decision? I haven't really heard anything along those lines.

MOTU however sold over and above what they needed EVERY year. Last year in just 48 hours they filled their invisible thermometer...

Why would MOTU be a 'one strike and out' line? I really think if we're close they'll be a pity line for 2013, and I think 2014 will still get some planning with a more streamlined year, fewer sku's etc.

Seems there's no middle ground here. Either the line is Above and Beyond expectations... or it's dead!!

THAT I find a bit harder to swallow... It will still be in everyone's best interests to subscribe and keep the line 'healthy'... But I have a hard time believing that Ram Man and 2013 WON'T get made...

I Think Scott is hoping that too... Odds are good the bosses won't TELL him that until after Sub week is over... So he's not LYING to us... but I think he still has a few emergency Aces up his sleeve.

OK I have to admit that I am a bit concerned for the line but I will get my sub when I get paid. Its as simple as that and it will be only 1 sub at that.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

thanks for all the support guys! we must keep the line alive!!!
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am not going to tell any one that they MUST by a sub but the fact is the line is all but dead. We may get a 2014 but if Scott screws it up this year and releases crap figures after everything we have gone through then no one will be coming back again. If it is revealed that this was indeed a scare tactic then no one will ever come back again.

So what I am asking you to do is give back a little faith right at the end. Yes we have all be burned (some badly) by Mattel and their shoddy practices but this line will never recover from where we are now, no matter how much we wish it would.

Now is the time to not support Mattel or Scott or any other negative. Now is the time to support the Four Horsemen, the MOTU brand and support the tail end of what was a fantastic looking line. If you can afford it, I implore you to buy a sub. Mattel are in a major hole now. If 2013 goes ahead and anything goes wrong with QC then they will be accountable for the failure as we, as fans, would have proved we could save it when things were dire.
    I totally agree with ya.

So, I was one of the fans that originally said that I couldn't afford another line, but with deeper research, and moving some things around, I went and purchased a sub. I know I need to save for larger things like a home, but I also have funds from items I sold in the past that I use and re-use specifically to buy collectibles. My "toy fund" if you will.

The only way to purchase this sub and not use my funds from my paycheck and still save for larger life purchases, I have decided that MOTUC will be THE ONLY collectible line I will collect in 2013. I will sacrafice all other collectibles this coming year as best as I can and will go through what I do have and sell what I can live without to free up more funds for this sub.

After reading the genuine post from the four horsemen, it really made me think. I realized all the characters we had the chance of getting...and all the characters we have yet the chance to get. I know I won't be keeping my fighting foe men 3-pack, but even if I take a loss of 10-20$, it is what it is. I don't have the room for ALL of the classics, so I keep the ones I truly want and love.

After re-looking at the figures in 2013, out of all the reveals, I want Netossa, Ram-man, and Fang Man, so out of all the reveals, that's not that bad. I also saw Scott's post where he mentions we will definitely be getting another another POP and that's not including filmation. That makes me smile.

All in all, I finally bought a sub...and hope this line lasts long enough for everyone to have the chance to get their favorite characters.

I was one fan that said he would definitely NOT purchase a sub, but re-thinking for the past weeks and the four horsemen's post last night changed my mind for good. I accepted the truth about the line and it didn't make me happy on where the line was heading. I would hopefully think that I'm not the only one out there that this happened to. I hope 2013 will be good to go.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Club infinite earths didn't hit THEIR minimum last year, and they got a Pity Sub... AND they got the planning money for 2013.

Going just by thermeters, Infinite earths very well could have been spared last year... but they should have just rode out into obscurity with nothing planned for 2013.

As it is, I don't think that line will make it this year. But regardless, has anyone heard that Mattel REGRETTED that decision? I haven't really heard anything along those lines.

MOTU however sold over and above what they needed EVERY year. Last year in just 48 hours they filled their invisible thermometer...

Why would MOTU be a 'one strike and out' line? I really think if we're close they'll be a pity line for 2013, and I think 2014 will still get some planning with a more streamlined year, fewer sku's etc.

Seems there's no middle ground here. Either the line is Above and Beyond expectations... or it's dead!!

THAT I find a bit harder to swallow... It will still be in everyone's best interests to subscribe and keep the line 'healthy'... But I have a hard time believing that Ram Man and 2013 WON'T get made...

I Think Scott is hoping that too... Odds are good the bosses won't TELL him that until after Sub week is over... So he's not LYING to us... but I think he still has a few emergency Aces up his sleeve.
    This is what I find really hard to stomach - A few weeks ago MOTUC was still a fantastic line - #1 in many collector's eyes (excluding CS problems, odd QC issues) - now it is in crisis - the world has been turned upside down and its do or die - how can things change so quickly??? MOTUC all of a sudden is damaged goods and needs saving - really depressing
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Wow, I see a lot of people doubling their sub numbers, people that left the subscription coming back this year, and people that never bought a sub buying one now for the first time... And they say that we still are at the 50% of the required minimum to keep the line alive... Last year this minimum was reached within the first 48 hours. This makes me wonder, perhaps this year the required minimum number of subscriptions has been increased? Have the subs this year actually decreased a 75% or more in absolute numbers?

Heroic Warrior
    Big companies are notorious for fudging numbers

just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by sensei_yume View Post
    Wow, I see a lot of people doubling their sub numbers, people that left the subscription coming back this year, and people that never bought a sub buying one now for the first time... And they say that we still are at the 50% of the required minimum to keep the line alive... Last year this minimum was reached within the first 48 hours. This makes me wonder, perhaps this year the required minimum number of subscriptions has been increased? Have the subs this year actually decreased a 75% or more in absolute numbers?
    What happend is that who usual buy a lot of motu staff are resellers and im pretty sure that they got really hitted with the star sisters that a casual fun doesnt know who are they and now they are going to get DEKKER, FFM, if they will buy 10 subs they will keep 10 ffm of 75 dollars each on their hands! they need heavy hitters names for can get their money back, not uknown characters
    Last edited by dark knight; July 27, 2012 at 07:44am.
    visit my albums:

Court Magician
    It was pay day today, so just bought my sub

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Mass resellers could scalp the hell out of Ram-Man (and to a lesser extent, Fang-Man & Jitsu) and take a loss on the FFM pack. After all, so many are not buying subs and declaring they'll still cherry pick, despite the crisis with the line... Wonder how much those folk are prepared to part with (genuine question, not flaming accusation)? If they don't sub but still expect to pay the minimum possible just for the figures they 'want', I suspect they're in for a disappointment.
    Last edited by redsquadron; July 27, 2012 at 08:06am.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Yes. It could be the big, bad, manipulative corporation choosing to mislead their customer. Or, we could be in the real world, and they could be protecting themselves from uncontrollable circumstances that would require they adjust who is sold in a particular month.
    With DCIE, there were factors like licensor approval (from a company that was apparently pushing its own agenda) that complicated matters. THey could only show what DC approved. Mattel owns MOTU, so no such problems occur there. We've been told the schedule for 2013 is locked and cannot be changed, yet we can't know what is coming. Add that the proposed GI Joe sub through the Joe club announced it's complete proposed list right up front, and you are left with little reason not to reveal this part of the roadmap. We already have delays and switching around withothe announced figures, so the whole argument kind of falls apart. Add in that Mattel uses the legal department as an excuse for every problem, like the web page that allows us to change our address and such like every other etailer being delayed, and there's little reason to believe Mattel is hiding the names other than being outright stubborn. This is the way we do it, our way, no highway. The attitude that lead us to this place....

As for the numbers game, there's no telling if the minimum this year is the same; there is a good possibility it's higher simply because Matty is a sinking ship. Basically, MOTUC has to not only support itself, but make enough to keep the world's worst website afloat. It's the only reliable seller on the site, aside from the occasional success like the Legion pack. So MOTUC is hostage to Matty's costs, and I honestly don't see how Matty continues without it. I think this is why you're seeing TG and company in full panic mode: if MOTU goes down, Mattycollector is essentially dead in the water.
    Last edited by scott metzger; July 27, 2012 at 08:20am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The GI Joe club that revealed all of the figures and has released a whopping none? The same GI Joe sub that was only a couple of weeks away from starting in January? Yeah, I think I will stick with Mattel on the sub front

Heroic Warrior
    As for the numbers game, there's no telling if the minimum this year is the same
    I wonder about this precise question too...

And given that many of the remaining figures are more special and need more tooling (think about Modulok, Mantenna, Extendar or Multi-Bot, for instance), I have a feeling that Mattel might have been tempted to manipulate the numbers and to requests a higher minimum amount of subs compared to the previous years.

The GI Joe club that revealed all of the figures and has released a whopping none? The same GI Joe sub that was only a couple of weeks away from starting in January? Yeah, I think I will stick with Mattel on the sub front
    Yeah after you see their price for each figure, $25 for a 6 inch MOTUC sounds much better especially in you are not a club member.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I wonder about this precise question too...

And given that many of the remaining figures are more special and need more tooling (think about Modulok, Mantenna, Extendar or Multi-Bot, for instance), I have a feeling that Mattel might have been tempted to manipulate the numbers and to requests a higher minimum amount of subs compared to the previous years.
    This question have already been answered at the forum in MattyCollector Web Page and the answer was NO. Speacially taking into account that last year was one with lower sub numbers in the line's history. Hope this helps people to make up their mind and subscribe for 2013 withouth second thoughts.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    Yeah after you see their price for each figure, $25 for a 6 inch MOTUC sounds much better especially in you are not a club member.
    Did they even announce a price yet? I lost interest in following the news when I figured they were talking out of their ass

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Yeah, this is what we need! It will be like the last couple of seasons of "Chuck" where they managed to save the show by having Subway as a sponsor and they would have all of these absurd scenarios where they would have to basically work a subway ad into the show!

They could change the logo on the figure packaging to say "SUBWAY presents Masters of the Universe Classics!" and each figure could some with a little plastic sub sandwich accessory!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; July 27, 2012 at 09:33am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Did they even announce a price yet? I lost interest in following the news when I figured they were talking out of their ass
    No but if you look at their store you will get a good idea their prices, you're looking at paying no less than $40 each. Also with all the delays of getting their sub running most membership bought to get their sub is about to expire. For example say the sub starts two months before their member ship expires they only get two months worth of sub figures, they then need buy another $44.00 ($92 for international members) membership to get the rest.

So if I were you I would stick with buying a MOTUC Club Eternia Sub!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New Trademarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    *shaking and crying*

New trademarks. (Some of these have already been unveiled)

Geldor
    Shakoti (that's how they spelled it)
    Snake Face
    Mosquitor
    Rokkon
    Shield Maiden Sherrilyn
    Madam Razz
    Mermista
    Lord Dactus
    Karatti
    Fang Man
    Dawg-O-Tor
    Dylamug
    Cy-Chop
    Castle Grayskullman
    Rokkon...that's gonna be interesting.

Mermista and Madame Razz? POP fans have some good reasons to sign up...

Karatti? People kind of liked him when I made up that support thread awhile ago.

Dylamug and Shokoti? I hate Dylamug, but Shokoti is cool.

Lord Dactus? I was never too crazy about him.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 27, 2012 at 10:07am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Hey, with all of the stress, I thought I would add something to help us all relax.
    You've probably seen this but it is worth watching again --

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    This is what I find really hard to stomach - A few weeks ago MOTUC was still a fantastic line - #1 in many collector's eyes (excluding CS problems, odd QC issues) - now it is in crisis - the world has been turned upside down and its do or die - how can things change so quickly??? MOTUC all of a sudden is damaged goods and needs saving - really depressing
    It is a bit shocking, but the last time that people subscribed was about a year ago. A lot can happen in 12 months. Subs were down in 2011 and 2012, so it was to be expected that they continue to decline for 2013. The sudden erosion of support is probably a culmination of several factors that people have discussed thoroughly in the last week (price increase, quality control, character selection, Digital River, etc.). A lot of the subscription base must have reached a tipping point with one or more of those issues between 2012 and 2013.