• Starburst She-Ra (PoP)

34 40.96%
  • Too-Tall Hoove (NA)

5 6.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Plan the 2014 Sub, Part Two: Quarterly Variants

Help Plan the 2014 Sub, Part Two: Quarterly Variants

Scott Neitlich recently stated in response to an "Ask Matty" question on the mattycollector forums that he and his team are currently planning the 2014 MOTUC lineup. It was stated that changes can be made to the 2014 lineup, and that the schedule will not be locked until after sales of the 2013 Club Eternia membership have been reviewed.

Knowing this gives us a unique opportunity to have our voices heard and potentially make a difference in what and how we collect MOTUC.

Please choose the two variants you would like to see next in MOTUC. A future poll will be for He-Man and Skeletor variants. Too many to list in one poll....plus, logic dictates no more than one He-Man and Skeletor per year, so separating them all doesn't skew anything when looking at this from the perspective of a single year's line-up.

Yes, some may show up in the SDCC reveals for the remainder of 2012 or beginning of 2013. Those would just fall of the list in favor of the next most requested item.

In order to simplify polling, I'm only using variants that are listed in the .org's Toy Guide from prior toy lines. Anything else and the poll would skew toward my personal favorites, wants, and preferences. Trying to keep this above the table (I don't want anyone getting upset because I might include Battle Armor Marlena but not King He-Man, or Scuba MAA but not FILMation Randor. Ya dig? ).
    Last edited by bamf1980; May 22, 2012 at 07:01pm.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Starburst She-Ra & Snake Teela for me.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    If not Shower Power Catra, I'd vote vintage Catra. Horde or not, she was a powerful sorceress and as a princess in the Tri Solar System, she'd be fun to have.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Looking forward to a classic-toy accurate Starburst She-Ra that I can de-cape and turn into a classic-toy accurate costumed regular She-Ra.
    Also hoping for a Catra variant, any Catra variant, that will get her out of that bland red Horde dress and cape combo and put her into something slightly more intricate-looking like her classic toy counterpart. Big black loincloth with tail, the silver gloves, boots, the pink bodice with the silver "whiskers" and the red jewel, etc.

Had I known so much demand would be placed on toy accurate She-Ra and Catra, I would have included them. I mean, nobody has touched toy accurate Swift Wind, who I did include in the other poll.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Looking forward to a classic-toy accurate Starburst She-Ra that I can de-cape and turn into a classic-toy accurate costumed regular She-Ra.
    Also hoping for a Catra variant, any Catra variant, that will get her out of that bland red Horde dress and cape combo and put her into something slightly more intricate-looking like her classic toy counterpart. Big black loincloth with tail, the silver gloves, boots, the pink bodice with the silver "whiskers" and the red jewel, etc.
    Zodak74, have you voiced your wonderful desire for such a Starburst She-Ra (in vintage outfit) in our support thread for just that??

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Had I known so much demand would be placed on toy accurate She-Ra and Catra, I would have included them. I mean, nobody has touched toy accurate Swift Wind, who I did include in the other poll.
    OMG! I noticed that. That's hilarious!
    Last edited by Jon-O; May 22, 2012 at 08:16pm.

I'll double-check!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'll double-check!
    Yay!!!

I don't want any if those choices. I want Captain Randor and Filmation Hordak

Will there be another variants poll for other options? 200X Adam and a few others are high on my personal list!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I had to vote for vintage ones, because I don't care enough for any of the 200X ones, except maybe He-Man, so....because they are the only options....Starburst She-Ra & Buzz Saw Hordak, but had I the extra options I would have voted for the 2 Catra ones as well.

I personally want Filmation Hordak, I have all the other variants I want or need (except I have to get BA He-Man).
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I don't want any if those choices. I want Captain Randor and Filmation Hordak

Then don't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Will there be another variants poll for other options? 200X Adam and a few others are high on my personal list!
    200x Adam will be in the He-Man/Skeletor variant poll, which will go up on Sunday. Anyone else, not so much. At least not yet. I'm doing a poll for Beasts, Variants, He-Man/Skeletor Variants, and then Monthly Figures. These polls will only consist of characters that appeared in the vintage lines, for simplicity's sake, and because the primary goal of MOTUC is to recreate all of those characters.

Once those are done, sure, I can look into a poll for others.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Voted for Shower Power Catra and Starburst She-Ra. Vintage Toy Catra would have also gotten a vote were she there.

I would have voted for Hook Em Flogg, but I think they will actually combine him with regular Flogg.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Starburst She-Ra

& Claw Attack Stratos

Normally I go with Skystrike Stratos seeing him as a viable Stratos 2.0, but his colors are so much like like Stratos 1.0 I feel he'd get the same type of reception SMAA did (being that 2.0 and 1.0 would be so similar)

So, Claw Attack Stratos seems to have a non-traditional Avion color scheme that would set him apart from Stratos 1.0 and hand held accessories.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Buzz Saw Hordak and by default, Texas Longhorn Flogg...I mean Hook 'Em Flogg.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Voted: Snake Teela and SBSR!

I'd take most any of them though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I didnt really want to vote for any of these. The variants I want are not applicable via this list.

That being said I love being a part of polls, so I voted Buzz Saw Hordak, out of vintage love, and Scratchin' sounds Catra when what I'm really voting for is "vintage toy version" catra, but close enough.

Shower Power Catra for sure!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

None of the above. I'll take a King Hiss 2.0 updated to look like the Earl Norem art
    Also a Catra 2.0 to look like the toy or Style Guide V2

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

What I want, is a direct translation of 1st series toy Catra with the wild hair shown in The Story of She-Ra mini-comic and Starburst She-Ra...BUT with the skirt depicted on the cardback for 1st series She-Ra, as I'm afraid Mattel will never give us the original. (Throw in the original sword too, please) That skirt is superior to the dull gold elastic waist version that's included with Starburst She-Ra. One MAJOR caveat about the skirt: PLEASE, please, please DON'T make it a shortened mini-skirt that's bluntly cut at the end. I want a long, flowing skirt that comes down to a V shape. I don't know why there's such an aversion to skirts with this type of construction.

Lastly, as my honorary mention, I want toy-based Tallstar.

Yeah, I don't any of those. There have got to be better choices for variants, if we absolutely must have variants.

Hmm... I'll have to go with Buzz-Saw Hordak (to get me one step closer in finishing the Hordak variants) & Snake Teela (to go with SMAA).

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Khamo khan as a variant.

Re-use buzz off arms. Mix bio into actual snake men. Use clawful weapon.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Then don't vote.
    Hmmm, then how exactly do I 'Help plan the 2014 sub' (as the title suggests)? Without an option to suggest ether 'other' or 'none' then the final results are useless because there's nothing to benchmark them against. The only conclusion you could draw is 'of the participants, the most popular was X'. If the highest variant receives 20 votes, yet there are 30 people who don't vote because there is no option for them, how is that captured?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Hmmm, then how exactly do I 'Help plan the 2014 sub' (as the title suggests)? Without an option to suggest ether 'other' or 'none' then the final results are useless because there's nothing to benchmark them against. The only conclusion you could draw is 'of the participants, the most popular was X'. If the highest variant receives 20 votes, yet there are 30 people who don't vote because there is no option for them, how is that captured?
    What you're saying makes sense, but bamf1980 has made it clear throughout that this particular poll is just for those who had vintage counterparts in the original toylines, and that there will be additional polls down the road. Since it's likely--though not definite--that Matty will give more priority to those variants with a vintage counterpart, I think the way he's set this poll up makes perfect sense as a first step, and then we can all delve into the other variants that we're interested in (e.g., Battle Armor Marlena, which is a preference for both bamf1980 and myself, and your choices of Captain Randor and Filmation Hordak, which I want too).

Getting back to my own vote in this thread, I went with Starburst She-Ra (because I think she'll fill the NA niche and give us the best hope we have for a toy-accurate outfit) and Scratchin'-Sound Catra ('cause I like her outfit a bit more, and I actually had this one so there's a personal nostalgia connection). That being said, I still hope we see one or both of these lovely ladies before 2014.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook