44 52.38%
  • Translucent blue hair

37 44.05%
  • Crisp white Details on outfit

80 95.24%
  • Blue Gray Details on outfit

3 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Frosta NOT Final....Time to show our preferences. TG please check!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Frosta NOT Final....Time to show our preferences. TG please check!

Ok so during The SDCC 2112 walkthrugh, TG Commented to Dan that Frosta is NOT Final as yet. so its time to show our preferences.

At SDCC we saw her with Clear plastic Hair and a Gray white color on her 'White' parts of the costume.

what do YOU want?

This is multiple choice, so you can vote for the Hair and the 'White' of your choice!

ka

NYTF 2012 - Cartoon accurate solid hair color with lighter shading to add depth. and a crisp white on her costume.

SDCC 2012 - Translucent Blue hair with a slight wash. and a Blue Gray 'White' on her costume

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

voted white costume details as im certain that is the intention. i voted translucent hair because while i prefer the pale blue color, i am a sucker for clear plastic and i can always give the hair a paint wash. i'd actually like pale blue [cartoon] colored translucent hair, perhaps with a light paint wash, but like this clear idea at any rate

I saw her in the case at sdcc.

The white parts ARE white, not gray-white.

That pic above is incorrectly colored. There must be something up with the contrast.

It's not gray in person.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I also would like the paint app returned to the collar of her cape!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Can you please add 'FULLER LIPS(TICK)' option in the vote?

I think the prototype had an amazing sexy mouth. If you look at both photos, the SDCC Frosta looks VERY generic i.e. similar to the Star Sisters / Bubble Power She ra etc.

The sculpt on Frosta is AMAZING, and the pouty lips are still there, it's just that there's not enough lipstick to actually see them and as a result, the mouth looks kinda bland.

Compare the two mouths: there's more WHITE COLOR (teeth) than RED COLORnin the SDCC one, and there's more RED (lips) than white on the prototype. I don't want a rabbit tooth Frosta! I want a pouty frosta!

And that DIMPLE on the left corner of her mouth. That made her look unique! Keep that dimple please!!!!

The translucent cape might be nice. Not a deal breaker for me. The translucent hair looked awesome in person, and the grey color looked fine. It actually looks great with the dark blue of the outfit. A pure white would make her 'POP' a little too much and look too cartoony in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Solid pale blue hair please, the translucent hair looks terrible IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Can you please add 'FULLER LIPS(TICK)' option in the vote?

I think the prototype had an amazing sexy mouth. If you look at both photos, the SDCC Frosta looks VERY generic i.e. similar to the Star Sisters / Bubble Power She ra etc.

The sculpt on Frosta is AMAZING, and the pouty lips are still there, it's just that there's not enough lipstick to actually see them and as a result, the mouth looks kinda bland.

Compare the two mouths: there's more WHITE COLOR (teeth) than RED COLORnin the SDCC one, and there's more RED (lips) than white on the prototype. I don't want a rabbit tooth Frosta! I want a pouty frosta!

And that DIMPLE on the left corner of her mouth. That made her look unique! Keep that dimple please!!!!

The translucent cape might be nice. Not a deal breaker for me. The translucent hair looked awesome in person, and the grey color looked fine. It actually looks great with the dark blue of the outfit. A pure white would make her 'POP' a little too much and look too cartoony in my opinion.
    What this guy said !!! I think the final figure looks very disappointing compared to that awesome prototype. I'm tired of all those doll-like faces. Painting small lips on a sculpt with lush, full lips is just plain silly.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I want solid pale blue hair, not translucent and bright white detail on the costume.

(A Translucent cape would be awesome too!)
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

The translucent hair would be cool, if they layered color on top of it, like if it was frosted or something, and more frosted towards the tips or something like that, but if not, it should be non translucent plastic, but still frosted. But as far as the white goes, it should be white, and in some pics she is grayer, and some she's white....I hope the final plastic they use she always looks white, and not gray at times
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to see:

- solid, pale blue hair. If the "translucent" hair is final, then I would like to see it painted and slowly fade to fully translucent only at the very end of the hair.
    - bright, white paint on the boots, gloves and skirt.
    - a translucent cape. I would like the cape to be to Jewelstar's cape in terms of "sheerness" and "shimmer", but in blue.

The translucent hair is fine for me as is a solid color as well. it should have some color added to it either way, a wash or "frosted" highlights, particularly the same type of color as she had it in Filmation since the PoP gals are based more on this look. Her collar on the cape needs to be blue and of course the white on her outfit to be white, as white as BP She-Ra is.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

translucent hair, white trim & darker eyebrows.

the picture with the cherry on it is one Crusader did at my request, she has darkened eyebrows in it because in the original pic they were lighter maker her less expressive, imo.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Personally, i think the translucent blue hair looks way better than the solid hair. And definitely crisp white to contrast with the blue. Having said that, my opinion may be moot as i don't know who she is and probably won't be buying her.

Solid Blue Hair please!! and whiter paint apps on costume

Heroic Warrior
    This is starting to look bad because everyone appears to want something different. Here's the deal :

The consensus wanted an Aurora Borealis clear effect on the cape. The clear hair and cape was the sculptor's preference, and then Mattel did just the hair, which no one asked for. I say the fans spoke. Give the effect to the cape only. Everyone won't object to painted hair, since at the end of the day, it's accurate. Quite a few object to clear hair. The collar was not painted, so good catch on that.

Remember about painting female faces skin color? It appears Frosta's face isn't painted like Battleground Teela or Starla, so her facial details aren't as striking. The original, though quickly painted, showed a lot of character. Now her face has lost that expressiveness, like She-Ra...and Kristen Stewart. The lips are the big issue. Painted faces skin color makes all the difference.

I though she looked white in person, but even Stinkor's white looked gray again (though maybe a byproduct of painting over black). A reminder for white like Sorceress and Bubble Power She-Ra hurts no one.

Translucent hair, crispy whites (though I had a feeling the "gray" everybody was seeing in the SDCC pics was due to lighting since the teaser pic of her with Spector had her wearing not-so-dirty-whites...).

She looked fine at SDCC, maybe a bit more shading on the hair for depth if anything but really she is fine!
    I'd rather them use any spare budget to give her more accessories, like a repainted axe-comb, than waste it trying to appease fans with tweaks, because no matter what there will always be people who would want her differently

I want her whites bright and crisp. I'm fine with the translucent hair, since it hides the sculpting people weren't too fond of better. A frosty dry-brushing atop it would give it more depth, though.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I can't decide on the hair. Doesn't really matter to me, but I know that I want her WHITE to be WHITE and not gray. Snow is WHITE. It's only gray when it's all plowed and nasty in a parking lot somewhere.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I can't decide on the hair. Doesn't really matter to me, but I know that I want her WHITE to be WHITE and not gray. Snow is WHITE. It's only gray when it's all plowed and nasty in a parking lot somewhere.
    This is also exactly how I feel. I voted painted hair, but honestly, I could go either way. To me, her hair colour/translucency isn't that big of a deal. Her white colour is a big deal! She needs to be Bubble Power She-Ra White!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    She is that white, so its a non-issue. Ask anyone who saw her in person. I have personal pics that show her that white. Doesn't hurt to reinforce that though.

I want the hair painted though. Folks are pretty indifferent to the clear, but I want full-on painted hair. You all have your white, let me have my hair hahaha.

If I were picky, Id say paint only the snowflake on her belt in the blue matching her wand for matching consistency. Kinda toy-inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    She is that white, so its a non-issue. Ask anyone who saw her in person. I have personal pics that show her that white. Doesn't hurt to reinforce that though.

I want the hair painted though. Folks are pretty indifferent to the clear, but I want full-on painted hair. You all have your white, let me have my hair hahaha.

If I were picky, Id say paint only the snowflake on her belt in the blue matching her wand for matching consistency. Kinda toy-inspired.

Agreed!!

And yeah, I saw her at the con too - the white in her costume IS really white. The pics that show it gray are just wrong with incorrect contrast or whatever.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind the traslucent hair as long as it doesn't disintigrate within a couple of months.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Where's the option for a translucent blue bodice?
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com