View Poll Results: Will you support pre-orders for each figure instead of a yearly subscription?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

13 17.11%
  • Yes, but if not possible I will buy/bought a yearly subscription if not possible.

36 47.37%
  • Yes, but if not possible I will be a cherry-picker even with "many" figures not be available to me.

20 26.32%
  • Yes, and it's the only way I'm deciding to buy MOTUC in 2013.

7 9.21%

Thread: Will you support pre-orders for each figure instead of a yearly subscription?

Will you support pre-orders for each figure instead of a yearly subscription?

I tried to be as fair as possible in phrasing the options, any feedback welcome.

(EDIT: Sorry for the grammar typos in the options.)
    Last edited by GozzoMan; July 20, 2012 at 11:04am.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Absolutely YES!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

BBTS has Pre-Orders, so I do that already....

HTS.com can do pre-orders, and that is the company's own sales site.....

DR is too inept to handle it, otherwise I believe it's entirely possible, besides, the sub is basically a pre-order, just a full years worth....And I get that many figures are not revealed, but they DO know which figures are coming full ahead of time, after all, they have that much endeared "ROADMAP" to go by. So I don't understand why they can announce at the beginning of the year which figures are coming, or even a few at a time each month, the given time it takes to need the full production numbers per figure which by the way they go....is like 2 or 3 months before the figure is sold.

Even if the figure slips a month, people who sub still get the figure same year (except Demo...cough), so would anyone who Pre-Orders....this way no one has to be out a figure, subscribers still get their perks...early shipping, sub exclusives....blah blah....and not much will ever sit in the warehouse, because most every figure produced will be accounted for. It would be a month to month sub per-Se. I don't see why it's a huge deal when other toy companies offer Pre-Orders on their own sale sites....why can't DR? OH wait, they can't even properly handle a defective figure exchange correctly without the Toy Company stepping in and waving their finger at them saying no, no, not like that.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    It should be a straight up "yes" or "no", adding caveats just lets Mattel off easy... especially the "if not possible". Of course it is possible! It is just a matter of will.

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    It should be a straight up "yes" or "no", adding caveats just lets Mattel off easy... especially the "if not possible". Of course it is possible! It is just a matter of will.
    If you had asked me yesterday afternoon, I would have said yes. But I'm out. Unless TG leaves the line and the execs start treating customers with respect, nothing they can do will cause me to buy anything from them.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    If you had asked me yesterday afternoon, I would have said yes. But I'm out. Unless TG leaves the line and the execs start treating customers with respect, nothing they can do will cause me to buy anything from them.
    I respect this. I'm almost at the same point.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Yes! It's crazy the line has got to the "sub or we won't sell to you" point and this option hasn't even been seriously considered. Mattel have proven time and again they can't accurately measure demand for this line, this would give them an easy out. It has the benefits of the sub (know demand before production) and allows people to know what they're ordering and gives them time to order without worrying about 10 minute sell outs.

I would be all over a pre-order system. Especially since some characters (Double Trouble, Horde Troopers) I'm going to want more than one of anyways. If they could do pre-orders and the sky is the freaking limit, put me down for 13 sets of Horde Troopers right now and TAKE MY CA$H, Gangstor!

Yes, I would love a pre-order system instead of a subscription.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    ...like the man said...

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I respect this and I AM at this point.

I would have loved to have been able to preorder figs I want because then I wouldn't have to be on Matty each month, I could just sit back and relax and wait for my figs to come to me.

But even if they announced they would be doing this in the next 5 mins it is too little too late. They tried to scare / bully me into buying a sub by saying I wouldn't get any more figures if I don't and then I and other cherry pickers get the same thing from other org members insisting we just man up and buy a sub just so THEY can have a complete collection...

It's not my job or responsibility to ensure ppl have a complete collection and I don't feel like supporting Mattel or this line anymore considering how they have acted towards us recently
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I respect this and I AM at this point.

I would have loved to have been able to preorder figs I want because then I wouldn't have to be on Matty each month, I could just sit back and relax and wait for my figs to come to me.

But even if they announced they would be doing this in the next 5 mins it is too little too late. They tried to scare / bully me into buying a sub by saying I wouldn't get any more figures if I don't and then I and other cherry pickers get the same thing from other org members insisting we just man up and buy a sub just so THEY can have a complete collection...

It's not my job or responsibility to ensure ppl have a complete collection and I don't feel like supporting Mattel or this line anymore considering how they have acted towards us recently
    That's the thing that really has me turned around. Here on the Org. blaming each other for the line failing. When did that become the reason? The original line didn't fail because of the fans. NA didn't fail because of the fans. And, of course, 200x absolutely did not fail because of the fans. So why do fans today feel that the reason why MOTUC will fail is because of the fans?

If we start blaming each other for this line failing then the terrorists have won. But in seriously, if we start blaming each other for the line failing then maybe the line didn't deserve to keep going. That's just this old-head's point of view.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

ya that is one of the worst things for me as well, this ever growing war between the subbers and the cherry pickers and the constant blaming from each side that the others killed the line for whatever reason.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    great option for those that dont want everything in motuc.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    YES, YES and YES!

Mattel can have my $40.00 for Netossa right now if its wants. And another $45.00 for Ram Man too.

I'm more than happy to pre-order and PAY for the characters that I know I want in action figure form months and months in advance of their ESTIMATED release date. I don't need to see a proto-type to make a decision. I know that I want to add Glimmer, Mantenna, Extendar, 200X Sorceress, etc to my collection. I'm more than happy to give Mattel money in exchange for those figures.

If only Mattel were willing to take my money in a way other than forcing me to purchase an entire year's worth of action figures, the majority of which I personally have absolutely no interest in (e.g. Fighting Foe Men, Fang Man, King He-Man, Dekker, etc).

had to vote no. I dont understand pre-orders. Especially since the only thing pre-order means to me is fullfilled by the sub.

I want a gurranteed figure (boy can I not spell) and I get just that. Why have to do it every month? once is enough for the year. Covers all bases.

I'm still not convinced a preorder system would work for mattel. If a figure that's mostly a repaint (say Snake MAA) ends up not reaching whatever pre-order limit they need, how would they then offset the cost of the more expensive tools if they can't do the occasional 'quick repaint'? Obviously SMAA is an extreme example as Faker sold well and he was 100% repaint, but I could see management seeing it that way.

I'd be for a preorder system as long as the sub was still in tact. I like not having to hop on mattycollector monthly.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.