Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's pretend it's 2016...

Let's pretend it's 2016...

....and the line has ended. Would you be interested in brand new characters created by the 4H or maybe even by our fellow Orgers?

I know 2016 is still out of sight, but wouln't it be cool to see new Snake Men like these one day as MOTUC?

Feel free to add more characters to the list!

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

sounds like a great idea, but if it is going to be under MOTUC, then i'd want it to be in the classics style still. a better idea might be to have some kind of MOTU:ExpandedUniverse line where the 4H can pick their own design style and make up new characters - ideally i'd like some kind of mini-comic or something to put the character in a context (just putting a MOTU sticker on it and saying 'use your imagination' isn't much fun).

They got a bit Cobra La and Bravestarr at the end but those designs are freaking awesome. I would like to see more new characters if they are of that standard.
    WTB Loose complete Tyrantisaurus Rex and Laser Light Skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    Nice designs!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    ....and the line has ended. Would you be interested in brand new characters created by the 4H or maybe even by our fellow Orgers?

I know 2016 is still out of sight, but wouln't it be cool to see new Snake Men like these one day as MOTUC?
    The problem with that is that Toyguru has said many times now that the line is not scheduled to END in 2016--that's just as far as they have it planned up until. If the Filmation rights are acquired, and if Mattel loosens their hate for 200x, the line can be expanded for years beyond that.

I'd love it. I never want this line to end!
    I do think though, that hopefully by then Motu or maybe more specifically Motuc is supported by other media, say a comic or animated series.
    That way, new characters can be introduced via comic or animated series and Mattel can get an understanding of which characters are popular and which aren't. Those characters can then get a figure made in the classics line.
    It beats producing a new Motuc figure out of the blue that may never sell...

It's 2016?

Damn, MOTU Classics have been gone for four years now.

(Just kidding, folks. I hope)

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    I didn't know that Vipra joined the Snake Men.

Chewer of Trollans
    I'd love to see some original characters, perhaps building on Kronis', Prahvus', or Marzo's armies and backstory.

Spectacular

Indeed great designs, especially Slithor, Cooperhead and Emprsss!

Nice designs, but 200X is retired. If in 2016 all is left is new untested characters past all the prototype and unproduced characters, I'd probably be done with the line.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I prefer obscure MOTU characters from all eras rather than new ones...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The great thing is that all of the old figures will be out of the way, so now there wouldn't be so much resistance to new things. Can't wait for that.

Now we can have some new races, new Masters, new Evil Warriors, new Horde, new Snake Men, new POP, new Galactic Guardians, new Mutants.

MOTU will truly be back.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    In 2016 I plan on reading the following:

WTFWTK

Toyguru: "If and when we get to Ram Man...."

I would buy ANY new characters that this line produces. Remember the 80's when you didn't know what new characters might be next? There was lots of discovery happening in MOTU. I would love to see more and more of that. Vikor and Gygor are a nice start... and I want more!!!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I started a thread asking if MOTUC ends would Fighting Foe Men begin, and I think something based from Vikor and Demo-Man exclusively would be awesome. I'd like to also see the concepts that were never made that don't make their way to MOTUC.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I think this would be great. And it could actually happen before 2016 if a live action movie was produced in the meantime. I would prefere that the new characters be consistant with the standard MOTUC style. Once we get all our "classic" re-makes and some 200x characters like Carnivus etc., it would be nice to see the 4H let loose on some brand new stuff to add to the line beyond 2016.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    I started a thread asking if MOTUC ends would Fighting Foe Men begin, and I think something based from Vikor and Demo-Man exclusively would be awesome. I'd like to also see the concepts that were never made that don't make their way to MOTUC.
    What is/are Fighting Foe Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post

WTFWTK

That was awesome.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post

WTFWTK

Now that is funny, no matter what anyone says...

I'm glad you liked the Snake Men tour of Eternia! Those were all fan characters (not mine) that I thought would be great to augment the Snake Men faction. I don't know if I really want to see them adapted to MOTUC's asthetic with the same builds as everyone else. Copperhead and Wraptor seem like they would lose the most in the translation. I also think we'll have still enough official characters unmade by 2016 that they won't need to adapt fan creations for MOTUC. That and Mattel would probably rather cancel Classics and start a new line reselling all the main characters again in yet a new style. I know, bite my tongue!

Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    I didn't know that Vipra joined the Snake Men.
    I would have called her Vipra if another fan hadn't used the name Vipera. My theory is that had Filmation made a Powers of Grayskull show, they would have added Vipra to the Snake Men because they often added female characters like that--even to a group boasting that they're all guys. In fact Bravestarr was conceived as a spin off of He-Man (same universe), so while the franchises never met up, maybe Vipra belongs to King Hiss after all. She about the only Bravestarr character I could see transitioning over and fitting in with MOTU characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    sounds like a great idea, but if it is going to be under MOTUC, then i'd want it to be in the classics style still.
    Yep. That's what I mean.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The great thing is that all of the old figures will be out of the way, so now there wouldn't be so much resistance to new things.
    Wow. That's rather...optimistic. I don't think all the old characters will be out of the way by then but eh, I'm a pessimist.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

8 years is a long time for a toy line to be around. But I guess you never know.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"