Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: International Issues - MOTUC Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Go back to $8.95 Canada shipping and I'll buy a sub.
    LOL I pay $15 shipping to ship within the usa, im all the way on the east coast in GA
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Excellent news for international collectors (just in case anyone missed this update):

No matter what shipping option you chose as an international collector, if your product is damaged or defective, you are able to return it to Mattel for a replacement or refund. You pay the initial shipping fee to ship it back, but that fee is reimbursed to you once Mattel ships out the replacement or refund.

Hope this help international fans to make up their minds and get a 2013 sub ASAP!
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

Heroic Warrior
    No matter what shipping option you chose as an international collector, if your product is damaged or defective, you are able to return it to Mattel for a replacement or refund. You pay the initial shipping fee to ship it back, but that fee is reimbursed to you once Mattel ships out the replacement or refund.
    ERRATUM : this is ONLY valid if you choose a shipping method with tracking (so it DOESN'T work for international post, which is the cheap option) !

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    ERRATUM : this is ONLY valid if you choose a shipping method with tracking (so it DOESN'T work for international post, which is the cheap option) !
    Incorrect. No matter which shipping option you chose, you are able to return/exchange defective product and they refund your shipping costs. Or, more accurately, they refund you the cost of shipping the initial item.

Here's a quote from Catra's Wrath at Matty:
    Hello Skell-skells

I can clear this one up quickly for you.

If a product is faulty, you can return it for a free replacement, no matter which shipping option you chose to recieve it by.

The replacement will be sent out once customer services recieve the faulty item back in the warehouse.

They will not cover the cost to send the item back, but, they will refund you your original shipping cost (the cost of shipping the figure to you the first time around).

Lost or missing items are a seperate issue. Replacements will only be given for lost or missing items if you used a trackable shipping option.

I hope that answers your questions.

best wishes

Cat

Heroic Warrior
    Incorrect. No matter which shipping option you chose, you are able to return/exchange defective product and they refund your shipping costs. Or, more accurately, they refund you the cost of shipping the initial item.
    TG explained clearly in one of his latest videos that these things were valid for shipping with TRACKING options. Were other contradictory infos released afterwards that I'd be unaware of !?
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 3, 2012 at 07:31pm.

Heroic Warrior
    If you're going to troll, at least make sure you're not posting erroneous information.

TG explained clearly in one of his latest videos that these things were valid for shiping with TRACKING options. Were other contradictory infos released afterwards that I'd be unaware of !?
    It was explained in the latest video from TG where he reads directly that it works with any shipping. You can see the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvnQ...ature=youtu.be

Heroic Warrior
    Here's a quote from Catra's Wrath at Matty:

Hello Skell-skells

I can clear this one up quickly for you.

If a product is faulty, you can return it for a free replacement, no matter which shipping option you chose to recieve it by.

The replacement will be sent out once customer services recieve the faulty item back in the warehouse.

They will not cover the cost to send the item back, but, they will refund you your original shipping cost (the cost of shipping the figure to you the first time around).

Lost or missing items are a seperate issue. Replacements will only be given for lost or missing items if you used a trackable shipping option.

I hope that answers your questions.

best wishes

Cat
    Oh, OK. This is quite different from what Toyguru explained in his video... Ultimately, I wonder what are the REAL conditions.

In the video you mentioned, Balthus Dire (the one we can watcj here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvnQ...ature=youtu.be ), Toyguru exctamly says this at 2:56 :
    « If you choose international post, we can’t offer refunds or replacements for lost or undeliverable shipments because there's no way for us to track it ».
    I guess what Catra's Wrath said at Matty's is clearer and less confusing... But I still wonder how this will turn out in practice once issues occur.
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 3, 2012 at 07:43pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Actually, that's exactly what TG said in his latest video. The only thing that was remotely vague was WHICH shipping would be reimbursed.

TG explained clearly in one of his latest videos that these things were valid for shipping with TRACKING options. Were other contradictory infos released afterwards that I'd be unaware of !?
    Please, don't give wrong info to International fans. The policy for defective poroducts is clear:

If a product is faulty, you can return it for a free replacement, no matter which shipping option you chose to recieve it by

And one more thing, it really saddened me each time I see a fan as bitter as you are towards the MOTUC line.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

I just worked out that with my MOTUC sub and Watchmen Sub, and a rough estimate on the timing of releases for the figures, my shipping costs for the year are going to be around $285 with the international post or $430 with DHL. That is only $145 more for DHL. That would equate to around 3 figures that can be lost via international post (unlikely but could happen in a quarterly month) to have to replace from the secondary market. If Rammy or King He-man goes missing though that might just be the tipping point to choose DHL.

And with DHL i have my figures within a couple of weeks rather than 6 - 8 weeks. So it is DHL for me thanks. My DOS figure purchases for doubles/customs on the other hand will likely go international post.

In comparison to 2012 shipping prices, my international post would have cost $175 which is $110 cheaper than the 2013 int. post and $256 cheaper than 2013 DHL.
    Last edited by atlas0413; August 5, 2012 at 10:05pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm just hoping that the sub page is actually up and we can change from month to month. If I'm only getting 1 fig, I'll drop to postal, if it's a month of 2 or 3, I'll switch to DHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    I'm just hoping that the sub page is actually up and we can change from month to month. If I'm only getting 1 fig, I'll drop to postal, if it's a month of 2 or 3, I'll switch to DHL.
    Good point, if it is a figure i could afford to lose then this might be a good option. Having the watchmen coming every other month though and quarterly figures and king He-man, i don't think i will get a chance to try this out.

Heroic Warrior
    I've never had a package go missing, so I'm not concerned about that part of it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    I've never had a package go missing, so I'm not concerned about that part of it at all.
    Likewise.

I also really hope they sort out the changing the shipping thing, because I have a Watchmen sub and it'd be awesome to be able to switch to DHL anytime I have more than 1 figure on the way.

it's possible that a US based seller can sell an item in the whitemailer wrapped in craft paper, and send it USPS First class mail, which is about $20.00 USD.
    Is that even worthwhile to you unlucky fans outside of the USA?