View Poll Results: Do you want to buy Cy-Chop?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

98 45.58%
  • No

117 54.42%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to buy Cy-Chop?

Doesn't look very appealing even with his connection to Trapjaw, er Kronis from the past. Besides, he can sure pass for a slasher.

For me, the scissors hands kill the aesthetic. They are over sized by about 300% (no doubt a design choice that is supposed to be modern and ultra cool) however for me, they throw it off completely. It just makes him look clumsy and awkward. How and 'industry professional' created this, I'll never know. If they were smaller and perhaps more simple, matching the metallic, he would probably be a much more appealing character.

Also, the solid metal head could benefit from a flesh tone paint. I have no doubt some fan will customize him and vastly improve on the design. Like Castle Greyskull Man (ugh) the more I look at it, the less I like it.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; July 24, 2012 at 12:18am.

Nope, worst figure in the line for sure. Mo-Larr is better.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Yes.

His freakiness grows on you. He's the most japaneezy of any MOTU ever and he will have a place of honor amongst my universe of moveable fighting men.

I really can't believe all the dislike for this guy. Trap Jaw will definitely pay for what he did to him. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    For me, the scissors hands kill the aesthetic. They are over sized by about 300% (no doubt a design choice that is supposed to be modern and ultra cool) however for me, they throw it off completely. It just makes him look clumsy and awkward.
    In battle, Cychop(s) often "walks", spins, and does other acrobatics with his bladed appendages using a deadly martial art of his on devising. Anyone who's seen it and lived can tell you this lethal contortionist is the most limber, agile, and capable of all Hordak's employs. When not fighting, he just transforms his hands back to their "normal" cybernetic state.

Imagination is awesome.

Cy-Chop was one of my favorite reveals at SDCC. I must have walked past the display 5 times just to look at him again.

LOVE him. I just hope we get Horde Prime hands in orange or blue in a future Weapons Pack so that he doesn't have to have the scissor hands all the time.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yes! I think he's pretty cool looking!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Snappy Threader
    Yaeh I do want to buy him. I think he is cool looking too.

He's in my sub, however he is a pretty awful figure.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I'm getting 2 of him love him. Just want hands for him. Those scissors are way to big.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Those beast feet would sure look good on Stratos.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the figure has really grown on me. I excited to get him, but those scissors have got to go!
    I'm going to replace them with HP metal hands.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    He is the laziest figure design wise in the entire line. I've got the sub, but I won't be displaying this one. Still deciding on what to do with Spector...

Its a badass looking figure. Happy to have it on my shelf.

As soon as I seen this figure I knew I wanted him cause he reminded me of the edward scissor hand character so I was like oh yeah thats cool.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I'd like him more if he had normal hands or at least smaller scissors. Looks a bit of a mess really, mish mashing other parts. I know that's the idea but it just doesn't look good to me. So no i'd rather not buy him.

i voted no
    why i dont know for what he is use?!?
    But i like hiss bio maybe i like one day but not for now

what speak for him he is a new MOTU Figure (as childs we all loved new figures ^__^ )

Thanks for all who give him and the Line support by buy him
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

I am actually on the fence with this one. He reminds me of something you would see in an old anime cartoon.....like on Dragonball Z or something.....so that is a turn off. I am going to let Pixel Dan sell me on this one....

Heroic Warrior
    Not a chance, this looks not like a MOTU figure to me.

Nope, while Spector & SLL have a tie for the worst new figures in MOTUC, CC doesn't look right at all to me, and I just don't like him.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

No, but since I already signed up for the 30th sub I will be getting him anyway. He just looks like someone put a character together with spare parts.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    wow, a lot of no votes.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

At first sight, I was confused and a little...we'll say underwhelmed. His Bio changed all that though-I love him!

I do want to get a pair of extra Horde Prime hands for him though...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I voted no. Now i have said this about TMS and SLL initially too and relented (or plan to anyway) but I just can't get into this guy. The head kills it for me. I had passing thoughts about doing a head swap...but nothing I have really works. The characters bio/story is pretty cool though.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

No....but I did get the 30th sub. I was thinking the 30th sub line would have been different. So I will be trading him out for something else hopefully. 30th sub line went 3 for 6 IMO. Fearless Photog...long overdue. Draego Man....what 30th sub line could have been. CG Man....kudos,looks the part & bio rocks. The others are a

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    He is the laziest figure design wise in the entire line. I've got the sub, but I won't be displaying this one. Still deciding on what to do with Spector...
    In TOTAL agreement, apologies to Mattel, Rudy and all fellow 'orgers who like it, but this is a pretty bad design...
    IMO; He definitely ranks Number one on worst of this sub, Sorry!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....