View Poll Results: Are you happy with the Fighting Foe Men being part of the Subscription?

Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

127 54.27%
  • No

107 45.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with the Fighting Foe Men being part of the Subscription?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar

Are you happy with the Fighting Foe Men being part of the Subscription?

Just curious as to who is happy that they're part of the sub.

Would you prefer it if they were outside of the sub?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Slight reluctant yes, but the reason why...

I really wish they all would've been Gar characters!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Slight reluctant yes, but the reason why...

I really wish they all would've been Gar characters!
    I do like them, don't get me wrong and i love the fact we can change them into Horde members. But I know I'm not thrilled about them being in the sub itself
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I love these guys. I didn't know about them until SDCC week between Emiliano posting concepts on his blog and then the reveals. Then I learned where the art/inspiration came from for them.

I think they're really a very clever set.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would buy them anyway because i'm a fan. I wanted them & love them.
    but the price is a bit expensive for being in the sub. $75!!
    to be frank its a big reason for me not buying a second sub
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I do like them, don't get me wrong and i love the fact we can change them into Horde members. But I know I'm not thrilled about them being in the sub itself
    In the sub...tell me about it! That one is gonna smash my wallet. No, I honestly do like them and the fact they can be Horde members (which I totally forgot about) is cool. I just thought being they are supposed to be from Preternia, the vehicle themes would be kinda incoherent with the time period they come from, unless they somehow come into current Eternia timeline, but that would require some Spectorish assistance.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I voted yes, as I like them, BUT if they jeopardize the overall sub sales and health of the line, then pull them out and replace them with some Horde Troopers!!!!

yes. I am not sure why I would not be. They are a part of this line, and so I want them. I admit that they are also cool, that helps.

I am not happy that Netossa is a part of the sub before Glimmer, for instance, but I would still expect her to be. I expect anything in the line to be subscription, unless it is a pleasant extra they come up with outside of the sub for freedom's sake.

I like the FFM, but I think it would be easier to deal with the $75 price tag if it were of A/B list characters. Concept characters have become a difficult sell because people are tired of waiting for characters from the other facets of MOTUC.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    They put the $45 Wind Raider and $80 Granamyr outside of the sub, but made the $60 Star Sisters and now this $75 3-pack of obscurest no-names an onerous obligation for subscribers? Why not use such slots for highly-requested oversized items such as Battle-Ram or Stridor?

I think these guys should be about $5 cheaper or so since multi-figure packs are usually cheaper than buying singles, but that's my only minor quibble. They look fantastic and I can't wait to get them into my collection. I'm genuinely shocked at all the hate they've been getting.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I'm genuinely shocked at all the hate they've been getting.
    I'm sure they would've been better received if TG/Mattel hadn't forced such an arcane and incredibly expensive item down every subscriber's throat, especially when at the same time they're denying fans of highly-requested vehicles such as the Battle Ram that could've been placed in one of these precious few oversized slots, if not for TG's selfish insistence in prioritizing his personal must-have list of unknown concept characters over the desires of a great majority of fans.

Heroic Warrior
    Well isn't this where the Four Horsemen crew get the well-deserved nod? There were posts about getting Four Horsemen MOTUC figures made, and now here's a three pack, and folks are up in arms. It is confusing to me. Of course I am getting two sets to display both ways. I understand the need for recognizable multipacks. The movie trio, the rock warriors, three New Adventures characters, something else.

And while I take this time to defend Scott and the good things he has done, a friend did remind me that he not given us Glimmer or Two-Bad or Mantenna, yet we have three "Scott" figures:

Palace Guard
    The Mighty Spector
    Red Lantern Nite-lik

This, unfortunately, is the perception fans get from him, and he needs to change that perception. I get it. Hopefully he does, too.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I am happy about them, my favorite reveal.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I feel it would have been better outside the sub.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I'd get them regardless if they were in my sub or not. I don't want them in the sub if they really turn so many people off.

Snappy Threader
    I lvoe the way they look and the way they integrated the model characters, so yes I'm very happy with them.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Love the figures but they should NOT be part of the sub. They are too "niche" market.

I voted no for the simple fact I was hoping for Horde Troopers instead. I am sure I will like the Fighting Foe Men more when I get them in hand though.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Love the figures but they should NOT be part of the sub. They are too "niche" market.
    My sentiment exactly. I also would have preferred seeing a vehicle or a beast pack in the same slot instead.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

a Muppet of a man...
    Not sure how to answer this one. On one hand, yes... I love these figures. They are quite possible the SDCC reveal I am most excited about. On the other hand, if there's any truth to the notion that these guys are "killen teh lein", then that makes me quite sad.

I'm fine with it. I like them. I have 2 subs and doubt I'll want to keep both, and realize they will probably be selling for less than $75+shipping on the secondary market.

I love them but feel they should have been offered outside of the sub ala Granamyr. A $75 boxset of some of THE most obscure of the obscure is not as smart a move as, let's say- a boxset of three long-clamored-for figures like Rokkon, Stonedar, Granita... or Madame Razz, Kowl & Broom (plus a boatload of Filmation PoP artifact/accessories), or 3 Horde Troopers, or a $75 deluxe set that included both Modulok & Multibot.

star sisters at $60 caused a big uproar. how did tg not think that 3 characters even more obscure at $15 MORE wouldn't be an issue?

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Hey, I know others wanted these guys, but I had no clue about them till SDCC. Doesn't mean to say I'm not intrigued by them. I'm sure they'll be a welcome addition to my collection when they arrive, just like all of the other new characters have been (even Castle Grayskullman is growing on me and I was very turned off on his initial appearance). The point of having a line like this is not so you can get all the figures YOU want right NOW, it's about perhaps opening up to a wider assortment of characters, so that everybody gets a turn to get what they want eventually. I'm willing to buy the figures I'm not necessarily all that excited about if it means I'll eventually get all of the characters I want. Could always sell the others off at cost if I REALLY didn't want them (hasn't happened yet). Anyway, all that is moot now.

If these guys are "killin teh lien", I'd rather see them out of the sub. :\
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!