View Poll Results: Are you happy with the Fighting Foe Men being part of the Subscription?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

125 54.11%
  • No

106 45.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with the Fighting Foe Men being part of the Subscription?

For me its a YES and NO cause even though I don't like the price tag being put on these figures which I have a idea it will be the 75 for the sub it could be split up I think to save a bit of cash.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the price is worth it. you get three cool characters at once!
    no waiting for all three. unless you count the windraider pilot.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    star sisters at $60 caused a big uproar. how did tg not think that 3 characters even more obscure at $15 MORE wouldn't be an issue?
    I totally agree!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the price point of 15 extra is a bit much but prices going up was unavoidable.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Yes. Really like them, especially in "Horde mode". Will definately be using them as Horde Force Captains. It's surprise figures like these that make me love Classics so much.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

I think a three-pack of the Horde Invaders from 'the origin of the sorceress' would have been far better. Though I guess by the time they got filmation rights it was to late to make them for this three pack.

Yeah i don't mind them, though i hope there are no more after this one.

I would think the "niche" would be collectors who would buy a subscription to He-Man action figures...

I voted yes (cause I can since I bought one! ).

It's a 66% Yes 33% no. I really dig the blue dude (I think he is really cool) and the girl. The other dude...hopefully someone will want him!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I'm cool with them being in the sub.

I want every character they can throw my way, so it doesn't matter to me.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm not thrilled about the Fighting Foe Men. I want them because I have a major MOTU problem, but they are pretty overpriced and very obscure/concept figures. Multi-paks should be cheaper but in MOTUC they aren't. $75 is a bit much for these.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    No, I think, it was a big mistake to bring them in.

Obscure & expensive = not an item for casual customers.

I'm fine with them in the subscription. I do plan to raise Hordak's ranks.

The more I looked at them, I was happy with their looks, but I am not happy to pay $75 for them. But other than price and knowing no more 3 packs, I can live with it....I just really hope no Non Sub items are out that month.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I love em, if they are in the sub thats cool with me, if not, I'd still get them. I just think they're fricken cool.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    My favorite is definitely the Roton pilot but I like the customizing potential of the Talon Pilot. His updated boots, loin cloth and arms are going to be great fodder for custom figures.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 14, 2012 at 02:19am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I'm very happy with them being part of the sub, they're my favorite reveal of 2013 so far.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Yep; I quite like them.

I can't wait for their Bio!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Just curious as to who is happy that they're part of the sub.

Would you prefer it if they were outside of the sub?
    This poll is confusing and misleading. The first question asked is, "Are you happy with the Fighting Foe Men being part of the subscription?". But, then the opposite is asked in the body of the post, "Would you prefer it if they were outside of the sub?". I, for one, voted "YES" because I'm happy that they are included in the subscription.

You won't likely get an accurate result from this poll.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

I like them but I voted no. I know it's unrealistic but i'd prefer established characters in the sub and obscure concepts outside of it. (established can mean they were only seen in toon form)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I voted 'No I don't want them in the sub'. They are expensive and obscure, so obviously a major reason for subs going down. I think it's actually insulting these get a release while we are still waiting for Scorpia, Mantenna, Two Bad, Modulok, Glimmer, Flogg etc... and if 2014 is scaled way back, we might not ever see them released!

I just hope all the folks that are singing their praises want to buy my set from me and lets hope Mattel do not offer these on sale day. I know we were told some items won't recieve sale day stock, so the FFM would be the best item to make limited.

- - - Updated - - -

This should be removed from this thread as it does make the poll very misleading
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I voted 'No I don't want them in the sub'. They are expensive and obscure, so obviously a major reason for subs going down. I think it's actually insulting these get a release while we are still waiting for Scorpia, Mantenna, Two Bad, Modulok, Glimmer, Flogg etc... and if 2014 is scaled way back, we might not ever see them released!

I just hope all the folks that are singing their praises want to buy my set from me and lets hope Mattel do not offer these on sale day. I know we were told some items won't recieve sale day stock, so the FFM would be the best item to make limited.

- - - Updated - - -

This should be removed from this thread as it does make the poll very misleading
    Well, you're the only one who's found it misleading. It's a pretty straight forward poll.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I don't think that the FFM don't belong to MOTU, but I do believe that they shouldn't have been made so "early" in the line. TG said that they would be the last of the 3pack, which is a bit of a shame as I feel that there are many other characters which deserved the 3pack treatment prior to the FFM (Rock People, Horde Invaders, 1987 Movie figures...)

The problem is not about giving us too many obscure characters (some obscure characters are not that bad in MOTUC toy form) but rather giving too many obscure characters too soon. It's a bit frustrating to think that the line could very well end without B- or C-listers like Glimmer, Scorpia, Hydron or Modulok while 3 FFM figures were made in 2013!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    This poll is confusing and misleading. The first question asked is, "Are you happy with the Fighting Foe Men being part of the subscription?". But, then the opposite is asked in the body of the post, "Would you prefer it if they were outside of the sub?". I, for one, voted "YES" because I'm happy that they are included in the subscription.

You won't likely get an accurate result from this poll.
    The poll question is clearly asked with two simple answers (yes and no) in the poll portion.

An additional question was posed in the discussion portion of the thread.

This isn't rocket science, people - LOL - it quite clearly has a one sentence poll question, and a simple answer.

On the actual topic...

Personally, I voted no - I am not happy with them as part of the sub. I believe it was one of the many contributing factors that led to the huge drop in subs. People just do not have $80+ to spend on figures of characters they don't know and never asked for. They'd rather just chance it on sale day for the ones they do want.

I think it adds insult to injury to have Scott running around saying he changed the roadmap to get them in because they were so "high fan demanded". I think he must have been high to think that, as there is virtually no discussion about them prior to their announcement whatsoever - certainly not a groundswell of anything. I can name 50 characters that have been more "fan demanded".

Just curious as to who is happy that they're part of the sub.

Are you kidding me? They are the reason i didnt bought a subscription

I believe it was one of the many contributing factors that led to the huge drop in subs. People just do not have $80+ to spend on figures of characters they don't know and never asked for. They'd rather just chance it on sale day for the ones they do want.
    Last edited by vazqjose; October 2, 2012 at 12:22pm.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Yes they are too expensive, but I do get paid 4 times a month so I can swing it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app