View Poll Results: Are you buying a 2013 subscription?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

154 79.38%
  • No

40 20.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you buying a 2013 subscription?

I need to verify my new address first since I'm moving in the fall.

Yep, bought two for '13.

I plan to get mine, but I have to wait until the 3rd or 4th.

I don't feel pressured, I don't see it that way, I see it $25 is my cap, always has been for month to month, if I bought 3 or 4 figures a year, I'd spend more per figure, but since I've been buying a lot lately, $25 is OK (still a bit high for toys), and I don't have to be at the computer DOS, and the most expensive "SUB" month will be $119 roughly, and that would likely be April, and that would be just fine with taxes and all, other than that each month would be much less. Now I'm sure that there will be out of sub figures that I may want, and sub figure I don't, I can either sell them or just give those to my son. Hopefully there won't be many out of sub figures I want....if so, I hope they come on the 8 $25 months, and not the more expensive quarterly months.

I just hope I don't get bit in the ass for this, I have had so so dealings with DR personally, not much to complain about myself buying DOS, but the horror stories from the sub holders have me reluctant to hit the "Add to Cart" button, regardless.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

2012 sub

I bought one even though I am on some of the hardest financial times in my life and I cant lie I am extremely dissapointed in the majority of the lineup. I dont post much and usually dont have much to say, but this is something I feel I have to address. I / WE havent come this far not to get what we need to finish our core collections. I refuse to let this end up like 200X and obviously each of us can only do so much but I cannot express the level of dissapointment I would have if I am left hanging again. I have heard Scott & Mattel acknowledge the problem is that they have been making figures very few people want (yes Fighting Foe Men etc) and believe it when I say that this was no accident. They have extended this core line as far as possible to sell other figures and make money. They can claim all they want that there is no profit, but thats just not true. A large corporation like Mattel isnt in this business to break even. Then there's Scott having more than his fair share of power over this line. Dont get me wrong if I was in his position I would also use it to my advantage to get what I wanted (30th anniversary & Spector) but once again figures very few people actually wanted and even though this was a seperate sub they still spent money tooling them. I dont question Scott's respect for the fans, or his desire to satisfy us all but fundamental mistakes have been made! Poor customer service, poor billing, poor shipping, figures people dont want, not seperating POP, NA, MOTUC from the get go! Spending all this money to tool and extend this line beyond its limits is just foolish. Only making 5-6 core figures a year for around $500 a sub - well thats unacceptable if you ask me and makes the figures I want nearly $100 each. Everything else gets boxed up or sold for a loss which is unfortunate and its a complete turn off. I wish this had been and always was a pre-order system. I will be so ****** if this turns out like 200X - it is the equivelant of 5 spin blade skeletors per case!!... I guess in the end they dont realize just how many people were buying 2 or more subs and dropped the extras because of all this BS. Although I am sure it would have been very simple for them to pull reporting on this and analyze just how many people had multiple subs and adjust accordingly. That missing 37% is likely a huge result of people only buying 1 sub instead of multiples. I used to have 2 as well and dropped it based on cost and lack of content. Ok I am done lol
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Yep, I'm buying 2 subs, just like the last two years.

I've decided to give into the pressure and buy myself a sub.

I have to wonder with it this close and the chance it might not happen, has that changed anyone's minds? Has hearing about the potential 'Horde trooper' pack or the fact that 2013 supposed to be a 'strong year' or has a 'high tooling budget' helped?
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Buying one sub just like last year.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    33 subs for me this year! Yowza!

LONG LIVE MOTUC's!

Heroic Warrior
    Bought 2 because of the vintage part... will sell most of the other stuff, like Netossa, Fighting Foe Men & Octavia...

yup think I might as 90% of the figures that where showcased for 2013 I want

- - - Updated - - -

wait did I miss the 2013 one ? when do they have a sub for then ? I went to matty and only see a 2012 one ?