Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing PoP Figures in MOTUC

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Missing PoP Figures in MOTUC

I saw this link posted on Facebook. Someone made a page of all the PoP characters we are still missing that were in the vintage line (including variants) and important Filmation PoP characters that are missing. It's a VISUAL list and really highlights just how many figures we are still missing.

http://motuc.host-ed.me/pop.htm

* Double Trouble is listed twice, just FYI.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I'd be happy with Mermista, Castaspella, Scorpia, Entrapta, Glimmer, and Angella. They could throw in Madam Razz, Kowl and Loo-Kee as accessories much like they did with statue Cringer.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

SUCH an important list. Thanks for sharing it. I hope Mattel takes note (though I'm doubtful).

If the line ends before another 10 She-Ra/POP characters are made...it's going to be so...bizarre to see people's collections with the Star Sisters...but no Castaspella, or Sea Hawk, or Razz.

Actually, make that depressing...

Awesome checklist - the blanks are most unfortunate. Hopefully, they can come up with some smart strategies to release as many of them as possible - two packs and 3 packs will get most of them out. Hopefully, we'll get a multi-pack in 2013, along with one or two more monthly slot
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Since characters like Vultak and Batros are listed for the Horde, I'd probably put Dial-A-Mug in there as well, even though the needed tooling probably makes him unlikely to be made. I hope we get Kowl somehow with other small figures or with a regular figure.

I gotta have Kowl! Never had the original and I really think he'd look great in MOTUC (like Orko).

If we can get Glimmer, Queen Angella, Mermista, Scorpia and Castaspella at least then as a POP fan I'll be happy.

I'm sticking with Glimmer, Huntara, Sea Hawk, Kowl, Scorpia and OCTAVIA.

Man oh Man, I want an Octavia. No question!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I gotta have Kowl! Never had the original and I really think he'd look great in MOTUC (like Orko).
    They could even reuse Orko's hands and flight stand

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be packed-in with Glimmer. It's not I really need them to make her flower-stick thing. Just a nice looking Glimmer figure with a Kowl? Perfect.

It really is a shame when you look at it like that. And many think we should be satisfied because we got "6 figures in 12 months" (those same people ignore the ONLY ONE FIGURE slotted for the seven month span of September 2012-March 2013.

I think now that we are getting Netossa, that makes Spinnerella an essential character too. I just see them as a pair.

So, along with Spinnerella, I think the essentials are Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella and Kowl. Mermista is ridiculously popular and Peekablue has many parts already made with Netossa so those two would be great too. But if they can get most of these out then they'll have a lot of parts to make almost all of the other POP girls too with little tooling so maybe theres hope after all.

I just hope the people running the line will put the time and effort into giving us what we deserve and what will sell more units. I think personal preference for specific figures by those in charge helped dig the grave. Many posters here say "If POP was as loved as MOTU, they'd have more figures" Thats just stupid. If the people running the line really paid attention instead of working on their own wish lists, the line would not be in jeopardy right now. Bottom line. They can deny it and blame price increases and they might even try to blame DR once everything is said and done. And that definitely did contribute. But it could have survived all that if a big chunk of the fans didnt feel disrespected and had not lost faith.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I saw this link posted on Facebook. Someone made a page of all the PoP characters we are still missing that were in the vintage line (including variants) and important Filmation PoP characters that are missing. It's a VISUAL list and really highlights just how many figures we are still missing.

http://motuc.host-ed.me/pop.htm

* Double Trouble is listed twice, just FYI.
    I love that somebody finally made this list, I always refer to the MOTU one. It's such a difference between the two.

Also, I love that Double trouble is listed twice
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

How could I forget Filmation Hordak???! Silly me. Add him to my final MUST-HAVE list, and let's put Mantenna on there too, cause I'd buy him up if they make him Filmation-y:

Filmation Hordak, Octavia, Kowl, Huntara, Sea Hawk, Kowl, Scorpia, Glimmer and Mantenna.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Well now that Netossa is made, she shares alot of parts with Peekablue, so I hope and expect to see her soon.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

If they make Glimmer, Castaspella, Queen Angella, Octavia, Scorpia, Mantenna, Batros , Horde Troopers, Filmation Hordak with imp, General Sunder Sea Hawk, Kowl, Madam Razz & Broom before the line ends I would be happy with that. I want the villens & Great Rebellion from the She-Ra cartoon so this is a nice mix.

If they could do other Filmation Characters like Lord Masque & Shokoti and a few vintage like Clamp Champ, Ninjor, Tung Lashor, Squeeze & Snake Face that would be great too

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I just read this over on ask Matty and Scott answered Tallstars Question and it looks like many POP & filmation may be slotted for 2013 already.

Tallstar
    Matty Member
    Posted July 22, 2012 11:33 AM

I'm hoping Mattel will finish off characters that will probably get left behind in 2013 and 2014, including the winning classic toy versions of the Star Sisters, Perfuma, Flutterina, Mermista, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, Starburst She-Ra, Original toy version Catra...to name but a few.

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

Posted July 22, 2012 03:05 PM

By the end of 2014 our goal is to hit all the major POP and NA and vintage MOTU and Filmation. Many many will be in our already locked in 2013 line (that is fantastic I might add!)

We won't get to EVERY POP and NA and Filmation by 2014, but we can always hit the last remaining POP, FM or NA figs that didn't make a full year program in 2013 or 2014 with a few strategic convention figs or other programs beyond 2014.

We're still reviewing options based on where we end up with 2013 subs on how we can continue the line.

Oh, and if I forgot to mention, there will NOT be a price increase in 2014. One of the reasons we went to 25.00 is to try and hold this price for at least 2-3 years.

Well now that Netossa is made, she shares alot of parts with Peekablue, so I hope and expect to see her soon.
    I knew - knew - that their horrible "let's save the most popular figures for later in the line" mentality would backfire, just as it did with Justice League Unlimited.

They learn nothing.

Peekablue does not matter if we're looking at the last four or five She-Ra/POP figures. She's C-level.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I knew - knew - that their horrible "let's save the most popular figures for later in the line" mentality would backfire, just as it did with Justice League Unlimited.

They learn nothing.

Peekablue does not matter if we're looking at the last four or five She-Ra/POP figures. She's C-level.
    Yeah but they'll go for the most cost effective, and if Peekablue shares parts more than anyone else, she'll get made.

My MOTU collection is just about complete (minus Two Bad, Mantenna, Gwildor, and Jitsu).

My PoP collection still lacks Madame Razz, Kowl, Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Peekablue, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, and Octavia.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I mostly want to see Glimmer and Kowl, I am curious to see how they do Scorpia, I'm worried her tail could make it a problem for her to stand. I was curious about how they'd do Mermista until King Hsss, however I hope The Horsemen find a cool way for us to display her as a Mermaid.

My personal POP collection MUST include

Entrapta
    Double Trouble
    Mermista
    Spinerella
    Sweet Bee
    Peekablue
    Scorpia
    Octavia

Snappy Threader
    Awesome checklist. Looks like the MOTU one in the index. Thanks for sharing. I hope we get Kowl soon....

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    If we keep this line going, there should be no reason why we can't get them all. I came into the classics just caring about MOTU, but She-ra and POP grew on me. I want Sweet Bee myself. To me, POP and MOTU go hand in hand. I want them all.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    That's a very depressing check-list.

At least Scorpia has been confirmed for release IF the subscription meets the minimum levels for 2013 AND 2014.

And at least one more POP figure (The Great Rebellion or The Evil Horde) has been confirmed for release in 2013 as well, IF the subscription meets the minimum levels for 2013.

That's two figures off the list (unless Scorpia is the "POP" for 2013).

I'm excited to see this list! I love the MOTU One! But it does have my pet peave on it! Batros isNoah a Horde member and there is no connection between him and the Horde in Filmation. His bat symbol doesn't even look Horde, it's just a red bat symbol because he is a bat creature! He is an independent bad guy on Eternia, not a Horde member! OK, off my soap box...

In my opinion the essentials are all the characters that had vintage figures and the Filmation ones that had a strong presence that never did get a figure like Madam Raz, Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Octavia, and General Sanders. I also think that Imp, Kowl, and Lookie could share a limited Articulation buck and it would be great if they could work them in as accessories. Glimmer with Kowl, Scorpia with Imp, and Peekablue with Lookie. Make them small like Orko...or even a little smaller.

I'd like to see at least the following POP/Filmation figures before the line ends (in order of importance):

-Madam Razz (with Broom)
    -Scorpia
    -Glimmer (with Kowl)
    -Queen Angella
    -Filmation Hordak (with Imp)
    -Entrapta
    -Castaspella (with Loo-Kee)
    -Mermista

If we got those I'd be content. Obviously there are more I'd buy such as Spinnerella, Peekablue, Octavia etc..., but those aren't 'essential' to my collection.

They could actually do a 2-pack of Filmation Hordak (with Imp) vs Starburst She-ra (with Kowl). That would be a cool way of getting that variant of She-Ra out. I'm also seeing folks say Razz could be a pack in! No way can she be a non articulated figure!!! Madam Razz needs a figure slot of her own!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.