Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing PoP Figures in MOTUC

here you go... to answer your thread about missing PoP characters in MOTUC line...[enjoy]...

...I am posting this message around so that everyone can locate it that is "on the fence" about getting a sub [IF] your a PoP fan...[get ready to be excited]....

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?227751-Toyguru-Update-on-2013-Subscriptions&p=3077785&viewfull=1#post3077785
    Last edited by Replikor; July 22, 2012 at 10:49pm.

This is a great job by the creator, so a big THANKS to that person. I have been delighted by Scott's NUMEROUS responses to all of the questions on the Ask Matty forums today, particularly the POP based ones. Let's hope they become reality
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

This is great news to hear that so many of our beloved Pop characters will finally get a chance to shine in Motuc. This has gotten me really excited for 2013-2014 subs.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I saw this link posted on Facebook. Someone made a page of all the PoP characters we are still missing that were in the vintage line (including variants) and important Filmation PoP characters that are missing. It's a VISUAL list and really highlights just how many figures we are still missing.

http://motuc.host-ed.me/pop.htm

* Double Trouble is listed twice, just FYI.
    I created the list yesterday and posted it only here on the org
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?174872-MOTU-Classics-Checklist-2008-for-all-MOTUC-Releases-Upcoming-Rumored-Trademarked&p=3076479
    I will be updating The Great Rebellion with the logo as soon as we get the stickersheet in October!
    I also created a visual checklist for The New Adventures of He-Man and will be adding the rest when I get the time to do so. They are listed here: http://motuc.host-ed.me

ps. Should Double Trouble be listed only under The Great Rebellion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Since characters like Vultak and Batros are listed for the Horde, I'd probably put Dial-A-Mug in there as well, even though the needed tooling probably makes him unlikely to be made. I hope we get Kowl somehow with other small figures or with a regular figure.
    I have a full list with all that I know of listed here: http://motuc.host-ed.me/pop_all.htm
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I created the list yesterday and posted it only here on the org
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?174872-MOTU-Classics-Checklist-2008-for-all-MOTUC-Releases-Upcoming-Rumored-Trademarked&p=3076479
    I will be updating The Great Rebellion with the logo as soon as we get the stickersheet in October!
    I also created a visual checklist for The New Adventures of He-Man and will be adding the rest when I get the time to do so. They are listed here: http://motuc.host-ed.me

ps. Should Double Trouble be listed only under The Great Rebellion?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a full list with all that I know of listed here: http://motuc.host-ed.me/pop_all.htm
    I was just going to open that thread! I saw people sharing the PoP list all over Facebook!

Double Trouble is a tricky one (since there are so few villains in the PoP line). I would put her in the Great Rebellion though, because that's where her TRUE alliance lies.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it a lot!
    If you feel there is something which need to be changed to the lists, let me know!

I really wanted visual checklists for Princess of Power and The New Adventures.
    I didn't see anyone else making them in all this time and I had a few days off from work which gave me the time to create them. I based them off of soundwavempl his MOTU visual checklist because it is a great and very inspiring list!

I've had Bow, Catra and NA He-Man when I was a kid, but other than that I was actually never into PoP and NA!
    MOTUC has completely changed that and now I can't see the MOTUC line complete without them!
    I really hope we somehow manage to get all of the unique characters which had vintage toys along with the most popular characters from the animations made as MOTUC figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I'm excited to see this list! I love the MOTU One! But it does have my pet peave on it! Batros isNoah a Horde member and there is no connection between him and the Horde in Filmation. His bat symbol doesn't even look Horde, it's just a red bat symbol because he is a bat creature! He is an independent bad guy on Eternia, not a Horde member! OK, off my soap box...
    Thanks for clearing that up Jinxieman! I added Batros under Other FILMation characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Since characters like Vultak and Batros are listed for the Horde, I'd probably put Dial-A-Mug in there as well, even though the needed tooling probably makes him unlikely to be made. I hope we get Kowl somehow with other small figures or with a regular figure.
    Dial-A-Mug is added under The Evil Horde now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I was just going to open that thread! I saw people sharing the PoP list all over Facebook!

Double Trouble is a tricky one (since there are so few villains in the PoP line). I would put her in the Great Rebellion though, because that's where her TRUE alliance lies.
    Thanks Darkspecter, that's really cool!!! I'm glad I can help people out by finally getting a visual checklist made for PoP and NA!
    I removed Double Trouble from The Evil Horde!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think we at least have to get Glimmer, Angella and Castaspella before the end.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I can't rest until we get Glimmer and Queen Angella! The rest I would LOVE, but Glimmer and Queen Angella are must haves for this line.

Seeing Clawdeen's name on the list makes me a sad panda since we'll probably never get her.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Personally, I won't be satisfied until I get that Perfuma, Filmation Hordak, and Horde Trooper "Flowers for Hordak" three pack I've always wanted. Multiple flower lei accessories included, of course.

So never basically.

Itīs not a secret that i am a Peekablue fan and i know she is a wave 2 character and so she wasnīt fortunate enough to be included in the FILMATION intro scene but poor Double Trouble wasnīt and even Catra got cut from there, which totally makes no sense.

Anyway, last night i was goggling and put in images/Great Rebellion FILMATION and this picture pops up as the first one.

The cast is randomly chosen and I donīt know if itīs an official picture or if itīs a mock up but i have the eary feeling this could be the Great Rebellion we will be getting in MOTUC.

And i know from my perspective, lucky me but still there are a lot of strong characters missing and from a vintage POP point of view there are six missing members.

I think Mermista & Perfuma are far too fan demanded to be left out of the MOTUC line up. Flutterina, Double Trouble and Sweet Bee are on more shakey ground IMO. But I think Spinnerella has a good chance of making it...whats the point of having Netossa without Spinerella. They just fit together.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    It's a travesty that after five years of this line (the end of 2013), we still won't have half the characters in that picture, without even going into the ones that aren't shown. I know I complain about it in ever single thread where it's brought up, but it's just such an injustice.

Snappy Threader
    They are such cool characters. We definately need more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I think Mermista & Perfuma are far too fan demanded to be left out of the MOTUC line up. Flutterina, Double Trouble and Sweet Bee are on more shakey ground IMO. But I think Spinnerella has a good chance of making it...whats the point of having Netossa without Spinerella. They just fit together.
    Mermista is very high on my list and honestly i prefer her over Castaspella or Queen Angela but as members of the Great Rebellion those two were so much more used it makes totally sense that they are used in a picture like that.

If you ask me i think Sweet Bee is more fan demanded than Perfuma but thatīs just my feeling.

In her four(or five) appearances Netossa only interacted with Spinnerella in one episode as far as i remember and in the mini comic they didnīt know each other at all. I like the thought that they are a couple but so far it is no where really confirmed.

If I remember correctly, that Great Rebellion pic above is one of Emiliano's prints that he was selling at Power-Con, it looks cool! Actually, if that group shot represented the MOTUC figures we'll have, I'll be happy. Looking at the print, there are only 6 figures missing, which isn't too bad. I'd rank them in the following order...

1. Glimmer
    2. Castaspella
    3. Madame Razz w/ Broom
    4. Queen Angella
    5. Sea Hawk
    6. Peekablue

I didn't count Loo-Kee and Kowl because I'm sure they'd be pack-ins, like Broom, and not their own full figure slots. Other additions I'd like to see are Mermista, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, and Spinarella...Eh, who am I kidding, I want all the Filmation POP figures made to have as complete a roster as MOTU!

Scott seems not to like POP, and I'd guess that's why there aren't more characters from that line.

I don't subscribe to the "there are not a lot of POP characters yet, because we've had to spread them out" speech for many reasons. For example, there are less POG characters, and look at how many of those we have. The vintage MOTU characters haven't been spread out. The concepts have been good-n-plenty.

ALL the monthly POP characters have sold out far more quickly than vintage characters like Man-E-Faces, Buzz-Off, and Spikor. I'd even argue that Shadow Weaver SAVED the 2012 Sub last year.

We keep hearing that we have POP characters because we have Shadow Weaver, Horde Prime, and Octavia (upcoming).

It's also a FACT, according to MATTEL, that the females are cheaper to produce than the males. They are especially so when Mattel subtracts accessories. So that's another reason they should ALL be made.

I just hope that we keep seeing Great Rebellion characters. I feel as though we, POP fans, deserve a payback for all the loyalty we have shown this brand and its manager (despite our criticisms), especially during the Subscription "drive."
    Last edited by bcrduke; October 6, 2012 at 12:48am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    If I remember correctly, that Great Rebellion pic above is one of Emiliano's prints that he was selling at Power-Con, it looks cool! Actually, if that group shot represented the MOTUC figures we'll have, I'll be happy. Looking at the print, there are only 6 figures missing, which isn't too bad. I'd rank them in the following order...

1. Glimmer
    2. Castaspella
    3. Madame Razz w/ Broom
    4. Queen Angella
    5. Sea Hawk
    6. Peekablue

I didn't count Loo-Kee and Kowl because I'm sure they'd be pack-ins, like Broom, and not their own full figure slots. Other additions I'd like to see are Mermista, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, and Spinarella...Eh, who am I kidding, I want all the Filmation POP figures made to have as complete a roster as MOTU!
    Okay, thank you for the info as i said i wasnīt sure but it looks very professional and Emiliano sounds very possible.

The members on this picture just makes sense with Netossa already been announced and since she came with Peekablues bug in the vintage line now it will be the other way round for at least some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Scott seems not to like POP, and I'd guess that's why there aren't more characters from that line.

I don't subscribe to the "there are not a lot of POP characters yet, because we've had to spread them out" speech for many reasons. For example, there are less POG characters, and look at how many of those we have. The vintage MOTU characters haven't been spread out. The concepts have been good-n-plenty.

ALL the monthly POP characters have sold out far more quickly than vintage characters like Man-E-Faces, Buzz-Off, and Spikor. I'd even argue that Shadow Weaver SAVED the 2012 Sub last year.

We keep hearing that we have POP characters because we have Shadow Weaver, Horde Prime, and Octavia (upcoming).

It's also a FACT, according to MATTEL, that the females are cheaper to produce than the males. They are especially so when Mattel subtracts accessories. So that's another reason they should ALL be made.

I just hope that we keep seeing Great Rebellion characters. I feel as though we, POP fans, deserve a payback for all the loyalty we have shown this brand and its manager (despite our criticisms), especially during the Subscription "drive."
    I wouldnīt say he doesnīt like POP but his behavior towards POP(and NA and Jetlag) reminds me a bit of my brother when we were children.

He was a typical boy, he loved to play with cars and could built everything out of Lego plus he made up fantastic stories. When we played together, even though he is three years older than me, he included one or two female characters but only because he knew i liked them.
    But he didnīt care which one, he took the first which came to mind or the most powerful as he thought this would be the obvious choice.
    He didnīt do that to be mean or anything he simply didnīt care much for my beloved characters and honestly i didnīt care for his but in the end we played great scenarios together and always had fun!

And this thinking reminds me of Scott-Toyguru-Neitlichs behavior again. The big difference is my brother didnīt need to include those characters for his games since he wasnīt paid for it.

Scott-Toyguru-Neitlich is getting paid to listen to every customer and give the people he wants money from what they ask for.

I want for everyone to get their favorite character and since Scott-Toyguru-Neitlich got himself twice along with his own creation into the line i think itīs time he starts to think out of his own box and finally listens to the fan demands he choice to ignore for the most parts.
    And that includes vintage Princess of Powers, the Great Rebellion in general, the Galatic Protectors and the Space Mutants before he starts fleshing out his Time Agents and He-Ro, Son of He-Man, if you ask me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I fully agree, and at this point feel borderline scammed.

I started collecting this line (and, as of sale day this month when I get BA He-man, I'll have every single figure), on the promise of getting to all PoP vintage "in time". I'm not one of those people who makes a stink about what color I want them, or what version, etc. - I have preferences, but personally, I really don't care as long as they are made.

And this month we are getting our first "really for real" GR female member. And we have at least 11 more to go then, after Neotessa:

Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Angella
    Double Trouble
    Mermista
    Peekablue
    Flutterina
    Sweet Bee
    Perfuma
    Entrapta
    Spinnerella

And that's not including any Filmation characters like Scorpia, Madame Razz/Broom (who I used to be very confident in but now not so much), Huntara, and forget any minor but cool characters like Hunga The Harpy, etc.

There is no way we will even get to all the vintage figures at this point, I just can't see how. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of the time and expense I have put into this collection, thousands of bucks, and now the centerpiece for me will always remain an unfulfilled promise. For a long time I was patient, fine with the Demo-mans and the like, because I believed what we were told. Now we are going to be lucky to get 1/4 of the vintage line.

I skipped out on 200x, and I'll skip out on any future MOTU line. Not out of spite, but out of disinterest. I don't care about people ego stroking to come up with new characters when they cannot even make the ones they promised to begin with, I don't care about "fresh new takes" on characters that are already existing and interesting on their own and just need to be immortalized in plastic. But then again, maybe it's luck in disguise - so I am not cleaning or re-posing my collection in ten years to find all my PoP figures have flaky paint and ink black showing all over every joint...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    And this month we are getting our first "really for real" GR female member. And we have at least 11 more to go then, after Neotessa:

Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Angella
    Double Trouble
    Mermista
    Peekablue
    Flutterina
    Sweet Bee
    Perfuma
    Entrapta
    Spinnerella

And that's not including any Filmation characters like Scorpia, Madame Razz/Broom (who I used to be very confident in but now not so much), Huntara, and forget any minor but cool characters like Hunga The Harpy, etc.

There is no way we will even get to all the vintage figures at this point, I just can't see how. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of the time and expense I have put into this collection, thousands of bucks, and now the centerpiece for me will always remain an unfulfilled promise. For a long time I was patient, fine with the Demo-mans and the like, because I believed what we were told. Now we are going to be lucky to get 1/4 of the vintage line.
    I don't think you or the POP fans were scammed, but Mattel outright ignoring or being slow to act upon all of the various problems in the line (Digital River and Quality Control) have contributed to it's decline. How many people have famously dumped Classics because of DR? We've heard podcasts and seen YouTube videos...even some stalwart collectors who were excited enough to put up Classics websites have fallen off. DR's incompetence is damn near legendary at this point. A reality show dude who liked MOTU collected this line, but eventually left saying "collecting these toys shouldn't be this hard." TG probably DID think that this line was going to last forever, but underestimated the problems that the fans have been warning him about and overestimated the fan's patience toward obscure characters. Lastly, alot of the international fans were priced out from the price increase and the shipping involved.

Hopefully Classics will eventually reach all of the POP and NA characters...depending if 2013 is virtually problem free and if the remaining fans are interested in completing their collections.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't think you or the POP fans were scammed, but Mattel outright ignoring or being slow to act upon all of the various problems in the line (Digital River and Quality Control) have contributed to it's decline. How many people have famously dumped Classics because of DR?
    DR is definitely a factor, but I don't think it's the one biggest. Yes, it's a hassle - but then again, it's a hassle because Mattel makes it a hassle by insisting on doing business this way.

I think for most people, it's a huge combination of things.

I think the reason I feel "scammed" is because Scott brought out figure after figure that very few asked for and we kept being told it was for the overall good, when in fact it was to shoehorn in the ones that he personally wanted in the line.

PoP has been a definite after-thought, especially when you take out the Horde which was really vintage MOTU aside from Catra.

My thing is why have even made Adora to begin with...

Adora, to me, is a huge draw for POP fans who never got an Adora in vintage...let alone POP in true action figure form. I mean imagine if Adam had never been made into figure form.

Adora was a figure, to me, that spoke of great promise for the POP figures.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would like to see Crimson Fury & King Argho eventually.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    My thing is why have even made Adora to begin with...

Adora, to me, is a huge draw for POP fans who never got an Adora in vintage...let alone POP in true action figure form. I mean imagine if Adam had never been made into figure form.

Adora was a figure, to me, that spoke of great promise for the POP figures.
    Adora was what pulled me into the line.

I was mildly aware that they were remaking MOTU figures, and I had noticed Evil-Lyn, but she was still florescent yellow so I didn't bite. Then I happened by an auction on eBay for Adora, and thought she was a custom. When I figured it all out (no pun intended), I started collecting this line.

The promise of having the real Filmation/Style Guide versions of these characters drew me in, and now to think we likely won't even hit all the vintage released characters, let alone all the other possible characters, is a tragic based on what could have been.

Figures like the Fighting Foe Men really surprised me especially since they made one of them a female and iīm really looking forward to them but right now iīm looking at the list of already made or announced MOTUC and there are characters who arenīt that popular at all but since they were vintage originals they have every right to be made.

And thatīs how i feel for every character...or letīs say felt.

Right now i think characters like Mermista, Entrapta, Flutterina and Peekablue had featured scenes in FILMATION and even whole episodes evolving their characters and abilities. And that alone gives them more right to be made at this uncertain time for MOTUC than Rotar or Twistoid who depend on there gimmick which isnīt going to be made in MOTUC anyway.

And why do they have to spread out the female characters more than the male characters?

Would it be so difficult to release a female Great Rebellion character right after Octavia? I donīt get it?

Most everyone has a sub now and a little sign like that would show us POP fans they do care.