Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glimmer is SOLD OUT

Glimmer 'Day Of' "ALMOST GONE"

Tried to find an appropriate home within an existing thread for this topic, but didn't see one. Mods feel free to merge and close this one.

As the banner says, Glimmer's currently showing as "almost gone" on mattycollector, so go snag her before she's gone... for now.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

And she is now officially Sold Out!
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    And she is now officially Sold Out!
    And... it only took a week! Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    And... it only took a week! Not bad.
    Five days not even a week
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Five days not even a week
    Touche'! Sorry, I was thinking work week.

Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

YES that happened yesterday and we celebrated already:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...MOST-GONE-quot

But we canīt celebrate enough
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

That's good news. Maybe I can sell mine for cost + shipping now.

POP fans exist out there. They need to buy more than doubles of everything, though. Stockpile these ladies for a few years, maybe.

OMG que the it's a false sell out posts in five... four... three... two...
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It's a false sell out IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    That's good news. Maybe I can sell mine for cost + shipping now.

POP fans exist out there. They need to buy more than doubles of everything, though. Stockpile these ladies for a few years, maybe.
    Lol....just wait till Flutterina.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    That is because Glimmer is AWESOME!!!

It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Great to see! I have 2 secured (being in the UK they are taking time) but i have no idea why i got 2. But i have and i have no regrets.

I didn't buy from matty because i refuse to pay customs. But nice to see the POP ladies doing well!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    OMG que the it's a false sell out posts in five... four... three... two...
    Are you saying that they really sold every last Glimmer? Because that flies in the face of all prior evidence.

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    I'm sure she will show up at the Black Friday sale.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Heroic Warrior
    It's true though, what someone said. Fans who want these less popular characters should be buying five each of them. It's the same with Star Wars Black. Everyone wanting aliens that only appeared for one second in the prequel films, and then they get one and the rest peg-warm. Im buying all of them, mind you. Then again, I am pretty sure that a reissue of say, Beastman, would still sell more than Glimmer ever will.

A lot of POP fans are subscribers. I have 2 Glimmer's coming with my subs and I'm keeping them both.

Now Flutterina on the other hand, I'm only keeping one (but thats just to have POP complete) Hopefully she won't get DOS along with Battle Lion. Still it's usually the NA that sell well below cost
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

This sell out should be no surprise. Glimmer is a much needed character and Mattel do have a pretty good dataset now of how big the total MOTU demand is so I'm sure most items will sell out reasonably quickly after DOS.

For those of us internationals who have to wait a month for our Glimmers to arrive, I wish TG would do a review we can savour in anticipation!

Quote Originally Posted by Quimby the Mouse View Post
    Are you saying that they really sold every last Glimmer? Because that flies in the face of all prior evidence.
    Mattel will have kept a small supply for customer service.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

There's customer Service stock, and the stock that was most likely held back for black Friday Cyber Monday.

Oh and I speculate that she will be available for EA for the February 16, 2015 sale that will happen on February 13th. And there will be people who say see see she didn't really sale out it was a fake one like the others.

;P

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    There's customer Service stock, and the stock that was most likely held back for black Friday Cyber Monday.

Oh and I speculate that she will be available for EA for the February 16, 2015 sale that will happen on February 13th. And there will be people who say see see she didn't really sale out it was a fake one like the others.

;P
    Customer service stock is a given and it's necessary--so that wouldn't make the sell out bogus.

But you are suggesting that there's more being held back for two separate sales in the distant future--and I agree. Which means she didn't sell out.

Customer service stock is a given and it's necessary--so that wouldn't make the sell out bogus.

But you are suggesting that there's more being held back for two separate sales in the distant future--and I agree. Which means she didn't sell out.
    Just one sale, the EA for next year would be customer service stock, since they have to wait a year before they can sale the product off that was held back for that purpose. Now if they hold back more I can't say.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Does it strike anyone how a five day sell-out is made to sound like a horrid failure on Matty? Selling out all your stock of something in 5 days would make most companies outright giddy...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The only thing I can argue back from the people who question that Glimmer really "sold out" is that in December, Plundor and Strong Arm stayed available the entire month and never sold out. Why would they false sell out Glimmer but not Plundor and Strong Arm? Doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure there is customer service stock left of her, but I imagine their main quota has been sold through.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Not sure if any significant portion of the fanbase is really calling it that or not. My initial post may or may not have cut it off who knows. I can even give a rationale for them having Black Friday stock and still calling this a sale out. They allotted so much for CS, and so much for a year end sale and they sold out of everything that wasn't held back for those two events.

Part of my joke was also on the people who seemed to be confused about Ram man and Fangman customer service stock being offered up this year for EA. I am sure we will get the other figures that happened to last year in the same month they were offered the year before.

Like Scott said 5 days really isn't that bad for a sale out time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    This sell out should be no surprise. Glimmer is a much needed character and Mattel do have a pretty good dataset now of how big the total MOTU demand is so I'm sure most items will sell out reasonably quickly after DOS.

For those of us internationals who have to wait a month for our Glimmers to arrive, I wish TG would do a review we can savour in anticipation!

Mattel will have kept a small supply for customer service.
    Someone help me understand. Why does Mattel under produce certain more sought after figures making it so that they never appear for DOS, and yet other figures (like Glimmer) that perhaps aren't in such demand are left with multitudinous Day of stock? When questioned on this Scott always whips out the "it's complicated" excuse, but I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this.