Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Post here when you got Vykron!

I finally got the shipping notice, really excited to see how well they turned out.

Mine finally shipped! Cannot wait to get them.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I was going to get a Vykron but after seeing the one "pixel" Dan got for his review I changed my mind.

How was the paint job on your Vykron?

If I hear positive reviews I may change my mind and buy off of a Scal-Por.

Well here you go:

The first one I opened had the lioncloth paint stuck to his upper right thigh. Scratching what I thought was brown paint reveals the base plastic is black, and the legs are painted skin color, so all the color came off. I had to take an X-acto knife and carve out the hole in the Space Ace belt so the peg could fit through. It took 2 solid hours to get the space outfit on, and it's staying on. When the helmet slid on, the left eyebrow scratched right off. He was bulky and relatively hard to pose. It's plastic-on-plastic, so it's layering and bulky. Bear in mind, I am NOT aggressive in my posing and playing. Working patiently with these, I ran into issues.

From all the exclusives, he is just behind Molarr as the worst. Barbarian looks good, Space Ace is bulky, and Tank Top is out of place even for MOTUC, and the one-sided armor cinches it as cheap-looking. It was somehow a step BACK from the original concept.

BUT, the second set was fine, no paint issues, just a warped lioncloth. As a display piece, they were always meant to stand with Gygor as a concept grouping for me (With Vikor and Demo-Man), so that, and that alone, saves them. I still have no home for Molarr, Spector, Young Dekker, or King-He-Man should he come.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Well here you go:

The first one I opened had the lioncloth paint stuck to his upper right thigh. Scratching what I thought was brown paint reveals the base plastic is black, and the legs are painted skin color, so all the color came off. I had to take an X-acto knife and carve out the hole in the Space Ace belt so the peg could fit through. It took 2 solid hours to get the space outfit on, and it's staying on. When the helmet slid on, the left eyebrow scratched right off. He was bulky and relatively hard to pose. It's plastic-on-plastic, so it's layering and bulky. Bear in mind, I am NOT aggressive in my posing and playing. Working patiently with these, I ran into issues.

From all the exclusives, he is just behind Molarr as the worst. Barbarian looks good, Space Ace is bulky, and Tank Top is out of place even for MOTUC, and the one-sided armor cinches it as cheap-looking. It was somehow a step BACK from the original concept.

BUT, the second set was fine, no paint issues, just a warped lioncloth. As a display piece, they were always meant to stand with Gygor as a concept grouping for me (With Vikor and Demo-Man), so that, and that alone, saves them. I still have no home for Molarr, Spector, Young Dekker, or King-He-Man should he come.
    Crappy. I like the look of my sdcc vykron in the box so I might just open one of my 3 matty vykrons to display loose instead of all three. One in three chance it will be okay/bad. :P

Finally got my shipping notice today as well. They'll be here Tuesday via UPS.

Snappy Threader
    Got my shipping notice too. It took a while after I ordered it, but I'm excited to get him and I can't wait.

I ordered one off of ebay (which arrived today) and ordered two more off of Mattycollector that might be here next week sometime.

I really, really like Vykron. I was fiddling around with him while looking at the PAH art book and was very ecstatic! I remember reading about these guys in Sweet's book and then when I saw them last year hoping they'd some day appear in MOTUC.

Barbarian Vykron is great. Like Vikor, he is a very archetypical barbarian warrior. He'll look perfect on a POG/Preternia shelf.

Tank top might be my favorite, however. He is just so wacky and weird, yet with a serious edge. Very impressive looking when fully outfitted.

Space Ace is the weak point of the set. His armor nicely replicates the original model, but it still doesn't look very good. The boots and loincloth make him look rather odd and getting the loin cloth to snap on the back ain't happening.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Still no shipping notice. Paid $50 for faster shipping via UPS so I can have it tracked and it doesn't take a month to arrive. Takes them a week just for them to ship it out. Not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Still no shipping notice. Paid $50 for faster shipping via UPS so I can have it tracked and it doesn't take a month to arrive. Takes them a week just for them to ship it out. Not happy.
    So I ordered 2 subs for 2013 with 2 day UPS. I will be getting Vykron Wednesday since they waited almost 5 days to send him via regular UPS. If this is the case next year I will be extremely p****d. We are all jumping to keep this line alive on the hopes of amazing figures and potentially empty promises. Mattel needs to show us the love we show them monthly.

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    No shipping notice for me yet. I got my order in at 12:08 PM on Monday, chose USPS shipping as I always do. I ordered from Matty the week before and it only took 2 days to ship then.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no shipping notice. I e-mailed Matty this weekend and got a generic reply saying it'll be "shipping soon." I called them today and they tried to blow me off the same way but I pressed a little harder and they said they'd send my information to the department responsible for shipping. Tried to send a message to one of the reps on the Matty forum this weekend too but didn't hear back yet and the Matty forums haven't been working all day today.

Last year the sale was on Wednesday, August 1st and my items shipped by noon 5 days later on Monday, August 6th. It is interesting though that Matty didn't do the sale last year until August 1st. Perhaps this year they didn't give themselves enough time to get all the stuff back from the convention before taking orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got the shipping notice at 3 AM this morning. Woo-hoo!

Got a Vykron since I've been heavy into the Conan stories recently from a local trade show. It's a good and imposing figure that could easily be the center of it's own mythos. Just wish he came with a alterante unhelmeted head or a removable helmet. Proud to have one.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    better late than never i guess

Heroic Warrior
    I think it is among my favorites for a generic barbarian type character, I too am happy that I have one. I would like a few more!!

I still need another 2!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    better late than never i guess
    Yep! I really liked the figure and wanted to say it somewhere, this seemed like the most apporiate thread for it in "search". Have I mentioned lately how much I appircate that this board community isn't one of those "bringing a old thread from the 'graveyard' is a crime against humanity" ones (and there's quite a few like that around).