Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Confirms AT LEAST 2 POP and 2 NA Figures for 2013

Hybrid View

ToyGuru Confirms AT LEAST 2 POP and 2 NA Figures for 2013

ToyGuru recently stated this in the ask Matty forum:

Put it this way, we have at least 2 vintage toy POP and at least 2 vintage toy NA figures planned for 2013 (including Netossa). Octavia or anyone Filmation that is also POP would be on top of that. Nuff said.
    Do you suppose he means only one additional POP character or 2 more in addition to Netossa for 2013?

Sounds like one more in addition to Netossa for a total of 2. And that any Filmation-specific POP characters will be in addition to the 2 toy-based figures.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yes, it sounds like 1 other PoP lady that had a toy. The "at least" gives me a little bit of hope.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yes, it sounds like 1 other PoP lady that had a toy. The "at least" gives me a little bit of hope.
    Scott said we have "lots" of POP coming in 2013 in the latest video, so it better be more than 2.

2 is 1/6th of the year, which is pretty fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Gas View Post
    2 is 1/6th of the year, which is pretty fair.
    I agree. Totally fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Scott said we have "lots" of POP coming in 2013 in the latest video, so it better be more than 2.
    how do you know that 2 isn't lots for Scott?

I'm just afraid we'd get someone like Sweet Bee as the other 2013 figure. Nothing wrong with that, but it'll push glimmer/Angella/etc. to 2014 at least...
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    I'm gonna take that as there is a flimation pop non toy figure coming out like seahawk.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    From what I gather from all the responses he's been giving, it's at least 2 vintage figures (Nettosa + 1 more) and some Filmation characters that also check the POP box (ie Octavia or Seahawk) but I don't think we'll see more than 2 vintage figures.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

ah hell, just release more POP,,.. enough with all the weird made out characters... ugh
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I seriously hope for at least one more than that. But so long as it's someone prominent like Glimmer or Queen Angella, I can keep my complaints to a minimum.

OCTAVIA Does NOT count as POP, she's Horde. POP means Great Rebellion!
    Why are people suddenly pointing the finger at Octavia? At the rate we're going and with the recent news, I'd be surprised if they get to Octavia at all. She was in two episodes (one is massively stand-out, granted) and although she's popular, I'm not sure whether Scott sees this. He's mentioned her name once or twice, but then he's also mentioned Flutterina.

Octavia and Madame Razz are the two characters I want THE MOST who I fear might be on the chopping board and I'd be terribly surprised to see either of them in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I hope the 'at least' is there for a reason. Is that because things can change in the line up? Or is Scott hinting there could be POP-related Great Rebellion members coming like Huntara or Sea Hawk? Either way, 'POP' (in particular the Great Rebellion) needs more representation. There are so many amazing characters we're never going to see at this rate.

True dat! He may be referring to MOTU Horde members like Mantenna and Modulok though. I expect them to come soon. It's a natural progression. One note for Scott though: Dragstor NEVER appeared in the She-Ra cartoon. Please don't try and fob POP fans off with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    I'm still not satisfied. Look over the threads on these boards these last few weeks. POP girls are in high demand. 1 more on top of Netossa? The only way that would make me happy is if we get Sea Hawk and either Octavia or Scorpia as well. I'm greedy, yes. But one POP girl in the entire "roadmap" from September 2012-March 2013 is unbelievable. And, like I said in the other thread...any year that has more figures based on model kit package art than vintage POP girls is the year that MOTUC dies.
    Christ, I'd *never* thought of that. We're likely to get THREE concept figures based on some box art and only two members of the Great Rebellion? What a sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Ditto.

But seriously - two POP figures? At this point, when the MOTU well is running dry, and MOTU fans are saying they would be into cool She-Ra characters like Sea Hawk?
    I think Sea Hawk is more likely than Octavia. The parts are virtually all there. Males seem to be preferred than females for some reason and Scott has mentioned him on quite a few occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I think that we will probably get Glimmer and Scorpia.
    Scorpia's been confirmed for 2014. Glimmer is probable - she's been touted for AGES! (and currently winning MOTUC Idol - not the POP one, the general, all-encompassing one!) I'd prefer Castaspella though.

Can everyone at least agree to the following?
    * Since NA and POP have already been represented in the line, it's fair to say that before the line ends, we SHOULD get the heavy hitters from each faction? It's only a few from each line... Hyrdron, Flogg, Glimmer, Castaspella, and Queen Angella?
    * Like them or not, these characters are an important part of the overall mythos
    * These few characters could easily be released in 2 or 3 packs, heck, even as singles they'd hardly dent vintage releases in a years time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Scorpia's been confirmed for 2014. Glimmer is probable - she's been touted for AGES! (and currently winning MOTUC Idol - not the POP one, the general, all-encompassing one!) I'd prefer Castaspella though.

What's this MOTUC idol you speak of? Is there a poll somewhere I'm missing?

If we can get about 3-4 POP characters (a mix of Filmation and Great Rebellion) I'd be satisfied. That's 1/3 to 1/4 of the total characters in the line. I just think wanting more than that is unrealistic.

BUT... that means that 2014 would for sure need a healthy chunk of Great Rebellion just to get the main characters out.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    What's this MOTUC idol you speak of? Is there a poll somewhere I'm missing?
    Here you go:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=motuc+idol

2 POP this year? BAH!!!

I bet its most likely Spinnerella or possibly Glimmer.

I seriously hope for at least one more than that. But so long as it's someone prominent like Glimmer or Queen Angella, I can keep my complaints to a minimum.

OCTAVIA Does NOT count as POP, she's Horde. POP means Great Rebellion!

I'm just happy to get some of the core characters to back She-Ra up!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I'm hopin' for Castaspella.
    ...and I also hope the mention of Octavia is more than just TG citing example.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Not bad considering we got 5 POP characters this year. The 2 NA is interesting. Thats how it should have been all along.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

ToyGuru Confirms AT LEAST 2 NA figures for 2013

ToyGuru recently stated this in the ask Matty forum:

Put it this way, we have at least 2 vintage toy POP and at least 2 vintage toy NA figures planned for 2013 (including Netossa). Octavia or anyone Filmation that is also POP would be on top of that. Nuff said.
    Any guesses?
    Will they be NA He-man and NA Skeletor or the supporting characters?

Shouldn't the thread title be "TG confirms AT LEAST 2 NA figures for 2013"? Cuz it could be 2, it could be 10.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I hope with the end coming soon, LOL, that they are not HM and Skele variants, I would rather Flogg, he is the Mutant faction leader, is he not? Then Hydron or another of the Galactic Protectors.

I would guess Flogg and Hydron are on tap for 2013. The only way I could see NA He-Man & Skeletor being done is via the Quartertly slot as they wouldn't be monthly figures (either as a 2-pak in the $50 price point or just one of them at the $25 price point). As it stands I think we'll probably see a Horde Trooper 2 pak next year and not an NA 2-pak.

Flogg and Hydron.

Although I'd like to see Quakke, Mara or Crita.