Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Confirms AT LEAST 2 POP and 2 NA Figures for 2013

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    As much as I want to see Glimmer released, a big part of me hopes that Spinerella comes out this year, because if she wasn't part of the original 2013 plan she may not make it at all.

Obviously if i could pick the other NA figure it would be Crita, but something tells me the next one will be a Galactic Protector. My first pick would be Mara (in her second TV show outfit, but I would take the toy prototype outfit over the toga), but I would rather see Hydron over NA He-man. besides He-Man gets his variant with the King He-man figure. I wonder if the $25 variant slot will go to NA Skeletor since he makes a big splash during the climax of the 3rd comic.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Maybe Kowl will be a part of SDCC
    Ugh, please do not raise my expectations like that! HOWEVERRR, that would be an excellent choice. Filmation colors for Matty and yellow as the con exclusive?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    As much as I want to see Glimmer released, a big part of me hopes that Spinerella comes out this year, because if she wasn't part of the original 2013 plan she may not make it at all.
    Yes, Netossa is waiting for her

Well, here is what I can offer to this news, I'm guessing Glimmer or Castaspella, but since TG hates the females in POP, I will say that sea hawk will count as our other POP. I'm thinking he's filmation, but he and the boys/girls at Mattel can spin it any way they want this time. I know we will eventually get all three so I'm not buggin.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Since they released Netossa, I'm really thinking the POP figure in the later part of the year is going to be more of a major one. And Glimmer would fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Well, here is what I can offer to this news, I'm guessing Glimmer or Castaspella, but since TG hates the females in POP, I will say that sea hawk will count as our other POP. I'm thinking he's filmation, but he and the boys/girls at Mattel can spin it any way they want this time. I know we will eventually get all three so I'm not buggin.
    Whatever makes you think that? He's gone on record as saying Castaspella is one of his favorites.

Yea thats one thing I can say...he is total fanboy of Castaspella & Frosta.

But I mean really now...Mermista is SUCH the obvious choice for the next POP GR female.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I don't mind PoP, but I'm not really looking forward to yet another NA character either. Hopefully it turns out to be the NA He-Man, Skeletor or Teela variant.
    I don't mind the POP either, they have all turned out nice in my book, and POP is a close second to the original MOTU, NA is just a knock off disguised as an official show to me, but whatever, to each their own. I honestly have the one Teela I care about, and while I would not object to seeing the NA He-Man & Skeletor, since I disavow any information of NA, I don't need to have them in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It's NOT Octavia.

It's someone else.

Two vintage toy characters from POP... "at least."

I'm hoping for Castaspella.

I bet we see more POP Filmation too
    Castaspella would be awesome, but I'm torn between what deco I like better, I like the blue, but the yellow looks good too....Also, I wouldn't object to another Filmation POP, since all the characters weren't represented by the original doll line....or even the MOTU figure line. I would prefer a Filmation version of Hordak, but he's not a necessity for me, since I just finished my custom, but I know others want him. Sea Hawk would also be a cool addition.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

But didnt TG say that Octavia DID count as a POP/Filmation/Horde/Female figure...

By rights then we have the 2 (Netossa & Octavia)...

you know guys wouldn't it be great if one of the POP figures was Clawdeen for Catra to ride . was there any hint to who the second NA figure would be ? I would love to see flogg or Hoove or even lizorr done

The only hint we've POSSIBLY gotten is during the PowerCon walkthrough with Pixel Dan, TG says something about Icarius needing some help against all the Mutants released. Just like the fact we got a more "obscure" POP character I expect to be balanced out by a popular one, I think the next NA figure is going to be Hydron to balance out Karatii.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    But didnt TG say that Octavia DID count as a POP/Filmation/Horde/Female figure...

By rights then we have the 2 (Netossa & Octavia)...
    Yes she can be counted as POP but Scott has said we are getting two POP releases this year based on the VINTAGE LINE. So Octavia and Sea Hawk would not be included in this. For the record my money is on Castaspella for that slot, with Glimmer and Angella in 2014.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The only hint we've POSSIBLY gotten is during the PowerCon walkthrough with Pixel Dan, TG says something about Icarius needing some help against all the Mutants released. Just like the fact we got a more "obscure" POP character I expect to be balanced out by a popular one, I think the next NA figure is going to be Hydron to balance out Karatii.
    ah well if its gonna be a guardian then maybe Nocturna ,Vizar or Mara.

in regards to the POP figures didnt toyguru hint at scorpia to? saying she's on the way

ah hell, just release more POP,,.. enough with all the weird made out characters... ugh
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

well, be it 2013 or 2014, just give me Glimmer already. At the end of the day, as long as there is a line, I'm cool. But ultimately after all we've gotten, I NEED Glimmer & Sea Hawk. Everyone else will be gravy. And since I'm already getting my least favourite POP lady next year, at least it can only go up.

After previous mentioned, give me Castaspella & Mermista. Peekablue after.

But if Octavia really doesnt count (specifically) then Glimmer or Sea Hawk.

Widget
    I'm gonna go with Entrapta since the vintage POP villain side is a bit lonely for Catra and Spinwit for NA since he could mostly be done with Icarius parts(how many times did the twos color palates get swapped during the show?)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Yes she can be counted as POP but Scott has said we are getting two POP releases this year based on the VINTAGE LINE. So Octavia and Sea Hawk would not be included in this. For the record my money is on Castaspella for that slot, with Glimmer and Angella in 2014.
    Damn, i really hope Sea Hawk comes sooner then later, also i havent seen too much mentioned about fans wanting Queen Angela, another pretty important POP character.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I want Scorpia!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Now you have me worried Brian.... I can see it now... Filmation colours Kowl for SDCC and toy colours Kowl for Matty. If that happens I'll be seriously mad! I just hope everyone has a chance at the Filmation version as it's basically what the majority want.

I'm guessing Madame Razz, Broom and Kowl is shaping up to be the SDCC exclusive? If so that would be the best exclusive EVER!

Thinking about it... I guess one version would be packed as Madame Razz and the other as Kowl.... I'd sooner the Matty version be Madame Razz.
    That would be so cool if Madame Razz, Kowl, and Broom were the SDCC exclusives. They would be much better than Vykron.

Next NA figure will most likely be a Galactic Protector.
    When Toyguru tossed the roadmap out and said 2014 will have mostly vintage and main POP and NA characters, he said that "we won't get to Kayo in 2014" to make his point...

So, maybe, just maybe, Kayo will be the next NA figure for fall 2013! (think about it : most of the needed parts to make him are already tooled...).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu-Berlu Reg View Post
    Next NA figure will most likely be a Galactic Protector.
    When Toyguru tossed the roadmap out and said 2014 will have mostly vintage and main POP and NA characters, he said that "we won't get to Kayo in 2014" to make his point...

So, maybe, just maybe, Kayo will be the next NA figure for fall 2013! (think about it : most of the needed parts to make him are already tooled...).
    Hmm..It`s possible...

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    He's gone on record as saying Castaspella is one of his favorites.
    This of course doesn't immediately imply that Scott's favorites always get made before fan favorites (it just sometimes works out that way), but I tend to agree in this case Castaspella will probably see a toy before Glimmer. And I'm perfectly okay with that. Personally I'd rather see a unique sculpt like Mermista or even Sweet Bee (hey, at least the wings would be unique), but if it's Castaspella first... I'm good.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Yes, Netossa is waiting for her

I certainly don't have anything against Spinnerella, but I'd rather Toyguru punch me in the face than tell me she is the next PoP character we're getting. Getting Star Sisters, the "We're sorry this figure is so bad" variant of Frosta, Netossa, and then Spinnerella would be a little too much for me. I like all of those girls, but to get those particular figures all in a row at this stage in the game would make me feel like I'm being trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I certainly don't have anything against Spinnerella, but I'd rather Toyguru punch me in the face than tell me she is the next PoP character we're getting. Getting Star Sisters, the "We're sorry this figure is so bad" variant of Frosta, Netossa, and then Spinnerella would be a little too much for me. I like all of those girls, but to get those particular figures all in a row at this stage in the game would make me feel like I'm being trolled.
    Except for the punching stuff i´m all with you.

Spinnerella, as much as any other MOTU/POP/NA character should get her or his figure in classics but right now i want others first.

And as much as i can´t wait for Peekablue, Entrapta or Mara(in her prototype outfit) i think Glimmer is so much more needed right now. She is one of the leaders of the Great Rebellion and one of it´s most powerful members.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    This would leave two available monthly slots in this year.

Jan. Netossa, Ran-Man
    Feb. Jitsu
    Mar. Fang-Man, King He-Man
    Apr. Snake Face, Fighting Foe Men
    May. Karatti
    Jun. Octavia, Var?? (Oo-Larr)
    Jul. Clamp Champ
    Aug. ?? (Evil Seed), Con. Exc.?? (Eldor)
    Sep. POP?? (Glimmer)
    Oct. ?? (Strong Arm), 2-Pack (Rokkon & Stondar)
    Nov. Geldor
    Dec. N/A?? (Darius), Strobo
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I certainly don't have anything against Spinnerella, but I'd rather Toyguru punch me in the face than tell me she is the next PoP character we're getting.
    Neitlich Punch! QCF, QCF, P. Hits you twice. If used with a Fierce Punch, it hits three times and sets you on fire!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    This would leave two available monthly slots in this year.

Jan. Netossa, Ran-Man
    Feb. Jitsu
    Mar. Fang-Man, King He-Man
    Apr. Snake Face, Fighting Foe Men
    May. Karatti
    Jun. Octavia, Var?? (Oo-Larr)
    Jul. Clamp Champ
    Aug. ?? (Evil Seed), Con. Exc.?? (Eldor)
    Sep. POP?? (Glimmer)
    Oct. ?? (Strong Arm), 2-Pack (Rokkon & Stondar)
    Nov. Geldor
    Dec. N/A?? (Darius), Strobo
    There is also the SDCC exclusive

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)