Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Confirms AT LEAST 2 POP and 2 NA Figures for 2013

Id say octavia counts as a pop figure. Great rebellion figure? No, but is definitely a pop figure. But hey, i guess technically prince adam/he-man is a great rebellion figure too. Scotts defining and labelling of figures is very broad, for example, mantenna would be vintage, pop, and horde.
    But thats not why i am here. 2 gr figs is def very fair, partner that up with na getting 2 (at least) throw in some filmation, maybe a 200x (COME ON EVIL SEED OR PHRAVUS!) and ur lookin at 8/12 slots potentiallywhich we already know 1 will def be vintange (jitsu) and most likely snake face is comin so 10 slots taken for each faction/era gettin 2 representations

What will the last 2 be? Idk, but heres the thing, if pop fans want to break things down into faction one could argue that great rebellion is seeing 2 members in 2013 where as snakement are even more under represented then that! It all gets blurry, does smaa count? Hes 200x, does kobra kahn count? Vintage wise he was evil warriors, 200x he was a snake man. So really, depending on different opinions and era, hsss is the only snake man we've so far received. And THATS why i say octavia counts as pop, and the distribution is pretty fair. Because ur looking only at 1 specific faction, and not the larger picture

2 is def fai, especially if a filmation character from pop shows up. (and ill give u horde members who had vintage toys are a cop out on pop figures, but shadow weaver octavia catra and scorpia are all def pop figures)
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Heroic Warrior
    This is horrible news its 2 too many

Its not too many imho, and to be honest not being a huge pop fan myself i love the figures. I just think there theres too many ways/sub factions to break things down in to, to properly make everyone happy. No one says motu to describe a group of characterd, it gets broken down in to vintage, 200x, and filmation, and movie, where as until recently all figures from she-ras area gets thrown in to pop, and only until recently they have begun to use the term great rebellion (which i still think is wrong, as i mentioned above, faction wise, snakemen, galactic protectors or w/e and space mutants are grossly under represented compared to gr). Id probably use the term filmation pop and vintage pop over gr, but thats just me.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

This sounds promising. Scorpia and Sea Hawk are my two "Holy Grails". Good thoughts and positive vibes.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

I'm still not satisfied. Look over the threads on these boards these last few weeks. POP girls are in high demand. 1 more on top of Netossa? The only way that would make me happy is if we get Sea Hawk and either Octavia or Scorpia as well. I'm greedy, yes. But one POP girl in the entire "roadmap" from September 2012-March 2013 is unbelievable. And, like I said in the other thread...any year that has more figures based on model kit package art than vintage POP girls is the year that MOTUC dies.

I'm hopin' for Castaspella.
    ...and I also hope the mention of Octavia is more than just TG citing example.
    Ditto.

But seriously - two POP figures? At this point, when the MOTU well is running dry, and MOTU fans are saying they would be into cool She-Ra characters like Sea Hawk?

I really hope Sea Hawk and Octavia are on the way in 2013, in addition to Netossa and someone else (GLIMMER WITH KOWL!) That would be a much nicer picture!

Very glad to hear that NA lovers have two figures to look forward too...wish it was more, for their sakes, though.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
    This is horrible news its 2 too few
    There you go. I fixed it for you!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The confirmed NA figures didn't make the threads title?

Again,
    NA is forgotten.
    The NA confirmation is the actual news here.

Ok so thinking this over and Netossa + Sea Hawk + Octavia or Scorpia + one more vintage POP girls + weapons pack with sword for Netossa and if they somehow manage to squeeze Kowl in the 2013 lineup then I could mostly be satisfied.

Oh I wouldn't even hope for that much. A POP weapons pack? Well, yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Oh I wouldn't even hope for that much. A POP weapons pack? Well, yeesh
    I dont want a whole weapons pack...just a slot in a regular weapons pack for a white BP sword we can give to Netossa.

I think that we will probably get Glimmer and Scorpia.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    We got 4 POP this year, the Star Sisters and Frosta. Shadow Weaver does not count as per the title of this thread POP Great Rebellion characters.
    Then Scott hasn't confirmed the title of this thread, either. He said at least 2 POP figures, which could include Scorpia...his post didn't say anything about the GR.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

ToyGuru Confirms AT LEAST 2 NA figures for 2013

ToyGuru recently stated this in the ask Matty forum:

Put it this way, we have at least 2 vintage toy POP and at least 2 vintage toy NA figures planned for 2013 (including Netossa). Octavia or anyone Filmation that is also POP would be on top of that. Nuff said.
    Any guesses?
    Will they be NA He-man and NA Skeletor or the supporting characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Then Scott hasn't confirmed the title of this thread, either. He said at least 2 POP figures, which could include Scorpia...his post didn't say anything about the GR.
    Scott said 2 vintage toy POP and one of the 2 is Netossa so that means the other has to be a GR member unless it's Entrapta and it's not going to be her at this point.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Brakk/ Flogg, Hydron and Glimmer with Kowl!
    That's what I want to see!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Shouldn't the thread title be "TG confirms AT LEAST 2 NA figures for 2013"? Cuz it could be 2, it could be 10.

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I hope with the end coming soon, LOL, that they are not HM and Skele variants, I would rather Flogg, he is the Mutant faction leader, is he not? Then Hydron or another of the Galactic Protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Scott said 2 vintage toy POP and one of the 2 is Netossa so that means the other has to be a GR member unless it's Entrapta and it's not going to be her at this point.
    Ah, gotcha.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I'm totally cool with this news. Any more POP or NA in a year from the vintage toys would seem to be a bit much for my tastes. I do hope for some POP/Filmation characters like Scorpia and Sea Hawk this year too though

I'll be happy if they at least start hitting the main players of the Great Rebellion. Glimmer and/or Angella. As for NA, Hydron and Flogg are both due, but there are still plenty of NA characters that I want to see made.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    By the way, someone PLEASE add NA to the thread title!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    They should just stop with the ratio nonsense. Yeah, maybe on paper it makes sense to include so few POP figures per year, since there's less vintage POP than MOTU, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to keep the loyal fans waiting several months between releases.

I don't care if they didn't "promise" equal (or close to it) representation at the start of the line. They weren't going to include 200X variants either, but here they are accomodating those fans.
    At least you get months between your figs, for us NA fans...well we have to get figures first to be concerned with how long the time between them is
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Shouldn't the thread title be "TG confirms AT LEAST 2 NA figures for 2013"? Cuz it could be 2, it could be 10.
    You are right
    But we will have 2 for sure!

I am hoping for a Mutant and a Protector too.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Scott said we have "lots" of POP coming in 2013 in the latest video, so it better be more than 2.
    From what I gather from all the responses he's been giving, it's at least 2 vintage figures (Nettosa + 1 more) and some Filmation characters that also check the POP box (ie Octavia or Seahawk) but I don't think we'll see more than 2 vintage figures.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar