Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Confirms AT LEAST 2 POP and 2 NA Figures for 2013

I would guess Flogg and Hydron are on tap for 2013. The only way I could see NA He-Man & Skeletor being done is via the Quartertly slot as they wouldn't be monthly figures (either as a 2-pak in the $50 price point or just one of them at the $25 price point). As it stands I think we'll probably see a Horde Trooper 2 pak next year and not an NA 2-pak.

I'm guessing the other POP vintage figure is either Glimmer or Castaspella and the Filmation related POP will be Sea Hawk, Octavia, or Scorpia. While Octavia & Scorpia are not Great Rebellion, they are definitely POP related (under the Horde Faction).

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I seriously hope for at least one more than that. But so long as it's someone prominent like Glimmer or Queen Angella, I can keep my complaints to a minimum.

OCTAVIA Does NOT count as POP, she's Horde. POP means Great Rebellion!
    Why are people suddenly pointing the finger at Octavia? At the rate we're going and with the recent news, I'd be surprised if they get to Octavia at all. She was in two episodes (one is massively stand-out, granted) and although she's popular, I'm not sure whether Scott sees this. He's mentioned her name once or twice, but then he's also mentioned Flutterina.

Octavia and Madame Razz are the two characters I want THE MOST who I fear might be on the chopping board and I'd be terribly surprised to see either of them in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yes, it sounds like 1 other PoP lady that had a toy. The "at least" gives me a little bit of hope.
    I hope the 'at least' is there for a reason. Is that because things can change in the line up? Or is Scott hinting there could be POP-related Great Rebellion members coming like Huntara or Sea Hawk? Either way, 'POP' (in particular the Great Rebellion) needs more representation. There are so many amazing characters we're never going to see at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Scott said we have "lots" of POP coming in 2013 in the latest video, so it better be more than 2.
    True dat! He may be referring to MOTU Horde members like Mantenna and Modulok though. I expect them to come soon. It's a natural progression. One note for Scott though: Dragstor NEVER appeared in the She-Ra cartoon. Please don't try and fob POP fans off with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    I'm still not satisfied. Look over the threads on these boards these last few weeks. POP girls are in high demand. 1 more on top of Netossa? The only way that would make me happy is if we get Sea Hawk and either Octavia or Scorpia as well. I'm greedy, yes. But one POP girl in the entire "roadmap" from September 2012-March 2013 is unbelievable. And, like I said in the other thread...any year that has more figures based on model kit package art than vintage POP girls is the year that MOTUC dies.
    Christ, I'd *never* thought of that. We're likely to get THREE concept figures based on some box art and only two members of the Great Rebellion? What a sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Ditto.

But seriously - two POP figures? At this point, when the MOTU well is running dry, and MOTU fans are saying they would be into cool She-Ra characters like Sea Hawk?
    I think Sea Hawk is more likely than Octavia. The parts are virtually all there. Males seem to be preferred than females for some reason and Scott has mentioned him on quite a few occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I think that we will probably get Glimmer and Scorpia.
    Scorpia's been confirmed for 2014. Glimmer is probable - she's been touted for AGES! (and currently winning MOTUC Idol - not the POP one, the general, all-encompassing one!) I'd prefer Castaspella though.

Flogg and Hydron.

Although I'd like to see Quakke, Mara or Crita.

If it's anyone but He-Man and Skeletor I'm not interested.

Can everyone at least agree to the following?
    * Since NA and POP have already been represented in the line, it's fair to say that before the line ends, we SHOULD get the heavy hitters from each faction? It's only a few from each line... Hyrdron, Flogg, Glimmer, Castaspella, and Queen Angella?
    * Like them or not, these characters are an important part of the overall mythos
    * These few characters could easily be released in 2 or 3 packs, heck, even as singles they'd hardly dent vintage releases in a years time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Scorpia's been confirmed for 2014. Glimmer is probable - she's been touted for AGES! (and currently winning MOTUC Idol - not the POP one, the general, all-encompassing one!) I'd prefer Castaspella though.

What's this MOTUC idol you speak of? Is there a poll somewhere I'm missing?

Since they didn't know sub sales would be so low, I'm thinking it'll either be Flogg or Hydron. Whichever one doesn't come out in 2013 will be sure to come in 2014. That being said, if they planned Nocturna at some point I'm hoping we'll get a less requested character like Tuskador, Crita, Mara or Darius.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I really want the He Man variant. But only if he was released in a variant slot. Otherwise, I think we need to focus on all new characters. Flogg, Hydron, etc.

If we can get about 3-4 POP characters (a mix of Filmation and Great Rebellion) I'd be satisfied. That's 1/3 to 1/4 of the total characters in the line. I just think wanting more than that is unrealistic.

BUT... that means that 2014 would for sure need a healthy chunk of Great Rebellion just to get the main characters out.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    If we can get about 3-4 POP characters (a mix of Filmation and Great Rebellion) I'd be satisfied. That's 1/3 to 1/4 of the total characters in the line. I just think wanting more than that is unrealistic.

BUT... that means that 2014 would for sure need a healthy chunk of Great Rebellion just to get the main characters out.
    If they could get Glimmer or Queen Angella in 2013 we wouldn't be too bad off.

probably Flogg and Hydron. With so few NA out thus far, its hard to tell but they seem to go for the more popular NA characters. I'd like Mara or Crita though. NA He-Man and Skeletor would be nice but I dont see them happening this year.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Excellent and exciting news!

With at least 2 Rebellion figures, not to mention 2 vintage NA, possible highly requested Filmation characters, ON TOP of the amazing Ram Man and Jitsu, I've no doubt 2013 is going to be one of the best years ever for MOTUC.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Personally, I hope for Flogg and Crita. Knowing I won't get all the Space Mutants, I want those two first.

The only ones we have trademarks for are darius, hydron, and tuskador, so im thinking its going to be one of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    What's this MOTUC idol you speak of? Is there a poll somewhere I'm missing?
    Here you go:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=motuc+idol

Well, I'm glad we're getting *at least* 2 whole figures in 1 year. Not that 2 figures in one year is bigger than the poor ratios we've had before. I'm hoping for more. POP is the main reason I collect this WHOLE line.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I wouldn't tout it as exciting news until the figures are listed for sale on their website.

One note for Scott though: Dragstor NEVER appeared in the She-Ra cartoon. Please don't try and fob POP fans off with him.
    Oh lord, if they try to make the Monstroids "for the POP fans" or some other such nonsense I'm going to need a drink.

I'm officially annoyed about the Star Sisters again. To think: with the time and money for tooling they put into each of those characters, we could have gotten Angella, Casta and Glimmer in a three pack!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    The only one I'd really not want is NA He-Man himself. I'm cool with any other character, but Hydron would be especially nice.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

I'd love to see NA He-man and NA Skeletor, but I'd also love to see Flogg as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    I'm still not satisfied. Look over the threads on these boards these last few weeks. POP girls are in high demand. 1 more on top of Netossa? The only way that would make me happy is if we get Sea Hawk and either Octavia or Scorpia as well. I'm greedy, yes. But one POP girl in the entire "roadmap" from September 2012-March 2013 is unbelievable. And, like I said in the other thread...any year that has more figures based on model kit package art than vintage POP girls is the year that MOTUC dies.
    Except it isn't. It's October 2012-January 2013.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Thank you! Cast my vote Does Toyguru look at this I hope?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I'm hoping for Mermista.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

They seem to be going in an evil then hero order, so I'll go with Hydron in 2013 along with either the NA He-Man or Skeletor variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Except it isn't. It's October 2012-January 2013.
    Um, no...Following the "roadmap" (and ignoring the various delays), there was ONLY ONE POP girl scheduled for the months of September 2012-March 2013 (and likely beyond but those months have yet to be revealed). On Toygurus roadmap, Frosta was to be the August 2012 figure. Meaning there was to be no POP figure in September 2012, October 2012, November 2012, December 2012, February 2013 and March 2013. So, just as I stated...there was one POP girl in the entire "roadmap" from September 2012-March 2013...that would be Netossa...the January 2013 figure.

I'm betting Hydron and 1 Mutant. Probably Karatti or Hoove to go with Slush Head and Optikk.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!