Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Confirms AT LEAST 2 POP and 2 NA Figures for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    POP and NA get represented every year in some capacity.
    2 out of 12 monthly slots I could stomach, 4...not so much, especially with the price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Not sure why folks are convinced Castaspella's on the way...have y'all heard something I haven't?
    Scott mentions her as a main POP character frequently and also mentioned that she is his personal favorite.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by dr thunder View Post
    2 out of 12 monthly slots I could stomach, 4...not so much, especially with the price increase.
    That's funny because to me two out of twelve is remarkably tight for such a popular part of the franchise.

I'm betting it is going to be Spinerella. She was on one of the fake lists prior to SDCC (and a good portion of these are made as evidenced from the year before), plus it makes sense since she is the counterpart to Netossa.

I agree, 3 or 4 is much more like it. With POG almost complete, I think it should be broken down like this: 4 vintage MOTU, 4 POP, 2 NA, 2 2002/MYP.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    If it's not Hydron and Glimmer, I'll kick a puppy! I'm sure they look tempting to hold off on until next year and be sub bait, but c'mon!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    If it's not Hydron and Glimmer, I'll kick a puppy! I'm sure they look tempting to hold off on until next year and be sub bait, but c'mon!
    2013 is still a tricky year since itīs the last original roadmap year.

Logical i would say Hydron and Glimmer are the next but they hold back some demanded characters to spread out the factions. So itīs still very possible itīs someone like Kayo or Entrapta.

The fan boy inside me still hopes the NA release will be Mara in her prototype outfit since it was said there wonīt be any more concept characters but that doesnīt include prototype characters and she is one of the few who actually had a prototype along with Darius.

Quote Originally Posted by dr thunder View Post
    I don't mind PoP, but I'm not really looking forward to yet another NA character either. Hopefully it turns out to be the NA He-Man, Skeletor or Teela variant.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I don't mind PoP, but I'm not really looking forward to yet another NA character either. Hopefully it turns out to be the NA He-Man, Skeletor or Teela variant.
    I'm sorta non-plussed by the NA characters as well, but I really want Flogg and Crita. Then I'll probably buy Slush-Head off the secondary market and maybe Flipshot and Hydron when he's released. I do think Karatti has been designed exceptionally well though - and if I had more space at home, I may be tempted to invest in some of the lesser-known NA people...maybe some time...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I'm betting it is going to be Spinerella. She was on one of the fake lists prior to SDCC (and a good portion of these are made as evidenced from the year before), plus it makes sense since she is the counterpart to Netossa.
    I would *love* a Spinnerella figure - she's one of those expected casualties of the line though, I fear. I hope I'm wrong though, as I can't imagine who I'd pose Netossa with otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm sorta non-plussed by the NA characters as well, but I really want Flogg and Crita. Then I'll probably buy Slush-Head off the secondary market and maybe Flipshot and Hydron when he's released. I do think Karatti has been designed exceptionally well though - and if I had more space at home, I may be tempted to invest in some of the lesser-known NA people...maybe some time...
    I agree that Slush-Head is awesome ... but Karatti, Flipshot and Optikk are wasted slots as far as I'm concerned. Those could have been Glimmer, Sweet Bee and Mermista, which undoubtedly would have pleased a lot more people.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I agree that Slush-Head is awesome ... but Karatti, Flipshot and Optikk are wasted slots as far as I'm concerned. Those could have been Glimmer, Sweet Bee and Mermista, which undoubtedly would have pleased a lot more people.
    You would like Sweet Bee over Flipshot?

Flipshot's a major character in NA. Optikk and Karatti (along with Hoove) are the NA equivalents of Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

At PixelDans PowerCon Walk Through, Scott -Toyguru- Neitlich again mentioned that Karatti isnīt the only NA charater this year and than he said "Icarius needs some help, i think" while he was putting down Karatti.

I really think that that was a hint that the next NA release will be a Galatic Protector.

My guess itīs NOT Hydron simply because itīs still the old Roadmap and i mentioned before i hope for Mara(in her prototype outfit) or Darius as it was clearly said prototype characters are excluded from the -NO MORE CONCEPT CHARACTERS FROM THIS POINT ON- comment.

But at this point it could be anyone, even Sagitar but thatīs unlikely.

Snappy Threader
    I figure it may be Netossa and Octavia. Karatti and ?..............idk the thought just hit me after reading this......

It's NOT Octavia.

It's someone else.

Two vintage toy characters from POP... "at least."

I'm hoping for Castaspella.

I bet we see more POP Filmation too
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 26, 2012 at 07:03pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    At PixelDans PowerCon Walk Through, Scott -Toyguru- Neitlich again mentioned that Karatti isnīt the only NA charater this year and than he said "Icarius needs some help, i think" while he was putting down Karatti.

I really think that that was a hint that the next NA release will be a Galatic Protector.

My guess itīs NOT Hydron simply because itīs still the old Roadmap and i mentioned before i hope for Mara(in her prototype outfit) or Darius as it was clearly said prototype characters are excluded from the -NO MORE CONCEPT CHARACTERS FROM THIS POINT ON- comment.

But at this point it could be anyone, even Sagitar but thatīs unlikely.
    I hope it IS Hydron. Flipshot needs his co-pilot to lock arms with.

Toyguru described a concept as a character without actual media depictions, a la Vikor. Darius and Mara were in actual media (the UK comics and Jetlag cartoon respectively), so they aren't excluded.

Sagitar would probably be a beast slot, if you imagine how they would package him. None of the remaining 2013 price points fit the bill...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Snappy Threader
    If it's not Octavia, then I am betting on either Sweet Bee or Glimmer. I really want it to be Kowl but he would most likely be a pack in or something of the like. For NA, I want Lizorr badly, but I too figure it will be a good fella so Hydron would make sense, especially since he is in the mini comic. I know a lot of characters and/or versions are in the mini that we don't have yet, but Hydron would be a safe bet I think.
    Last edited by iron_pride; September 26, 2012 at 07:11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I figure it may be Netossa and Octavia. Karatti and ?..............idk the thought just hit me after reading this......
    Octavia isn't included in the 2 POP as she's a Filmation character. 'Princess of Power' was the name of the 80's She-Ra toy line and NOT the cartoon series. The cartoon was 'She-Ra Princess Of Power'

From the rumours we've heard thus far, it sounds like the other POP character is Castaspella and the NA character will be He-Man in the quarterly variant slot.

I don't think Scott said how many Filmation figures we are getting this year? Here's hoping for Madame Razz though as she's my most wanted! I always wished they had made Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and Madame Razz in the 80's. Once I get the latter 2, I'll be more than happy!
    Last edited by blackiecats; September 26, 2012 at 07:09pm.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Maybe Kowl will be a part of SDCC
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    That's funny because to me two out of twelve is remarkably tight for such a popular part of the franchise.
    2 out of the 12 slots... is just about right in ratio to popularity. I doubt Octavia is one of them.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Octavia isn't included in the 2 POP as she's a Filmation character. 'Princess of Power' was the name of the 80's She-Ra toy line and NOT the cartoon series. From the rumours we've heard thus far, it sounds like the other POP character is Castaspella and the NA character will be He-Man in the quarterly variant slot.

I don't think Scott said how many Filmation figures we are getting this year? Here's hoping for Madame Razz though as she's my most wanted! I always wished they had made Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and Madame Razz in the 80's. Once I get the latter 2, I'll be more than happy!
    Cool. I had been wondering about that one since I saw Octavia. One never knows how they think so I was fearing/figuring that it may be the case since they "kind of" included Shadow Weaver in the POP category when people said there weren't enough POP characters. That's what I was kind of going off of. I agree with you about Madame Razz and Scorpia......gotta have them.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I disagree... glad we got who we got...

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I disagree... glad we got who we got...
    I agree with the glad we got what we got....I think Karatti, Flipshot and Optikk (and Slush Head) are very cool as I never had them in the vintage days, but I really want Glimmer and Mermista in classics form too......Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Maybe Kowl will be a part of SDCC
    Now you have me worried Brian.... I can see it now... Filmation colours Kowl for SDCC and toy colours Kowl for Matty. If that happens I'll be seriously mad! I just hope everyone has a chance at the Filmation version as it's basically what the majority want.

I'm guessing Madame Razz, Broom and Kowl is shaping up to be the SDCC exclusive? If so that would be the best exclusive EVER!

Thinking about it... I guess one version would be packed as Madame Razz and the other as Kowl.... I'd sooner the Matty version be Madame Razz.
    Last edited by blackiecats; September 26, 2012 at 07:17pm.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You would like Sweet Bee over Flipshot?

Flipshot's a major character in NA. Optikk and Karatti (along with Hoove) are the NA equivalents of Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw.
    To quote Gwildor: "I don't like New Adventures"

I gave the cartoon a try, but couldn't get past the first episode. It just doesn't feel like Masters of the Universe to me. The original PoP line is a bit too girly for my taste, but most of them have turned out pretty cool in MOTUC.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Now you have me worried Brian.... I can see it now... Filmation colours Kowl for SDCC and toy colours Kowl for Matty. If that happens I'll be seriously mad! I just hope everyone has a chance at the Filmation version as it's basically what the majority want.

I'm guessing Madame Razz, Broom and Kowl is shaping up to be the SDCC exclusive? If so that would be the best exclusive EVER!
    Oh yeah, that indeed would be the best ever (and I flipped out for Orko/Prince Adam and Marlena/Cringer). I would flip out, in, off, on and upside down for Razz/Broom/Kowl. Kowl has always been my favorite POP character. Always....