Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYCC 2012: Offical Talkback Thread

NYCC 2012: Offical Talkback Thread

I ask because 2012 will be my first year (Mainly going for ToD Sorceress) and I got my tickets the second they went on sale and have yet to receive them. They're being sent regular mail, but since I'm a mere 2 hours away in Philadelphia I didn't think they'd take THAT long to get here. Is it just the way they do things to take a long time to send out tickets?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Uncle Montork; July 24, 2012 at 11:17pm.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I ask because 2012 will be my first year (Mainly going for ToD Sorceress) and I got my tickets the second they went on sale and have yet to receive them. They're being sent them regular mail, but since I'm a mere 2 hours away in Philadelphia I didn't think they'd take THAT long to get here. Is it just the way they do things to take a long time to send out tickets?

Thanks!
    if i remember correctly, don't they send them out a few weeks before the convention? Or is that creation ticket sales i'm confusing?

to add to your thread, anyone know if there are cheaper than $190 VIP tickets? I remember seeing a $90 option last time i bought it.. thanks
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

They mention it some where on the check-out page that they won't mail them until a couple of weeks or so before the convention.

So, no worries you'll get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    They mention it some where on the check-out page that they won't mail them until a couple of weeks or so before the convention.

So, no worries you'll get them.
    I must've missed that. Thanks!

When will the tod be on sale will she be sold on Friday....cause I'll go Friday and get her.
    Oh well whatever never mind.

Who all is going?
    And is anyone looking for a room mate? I'm looking for a floor to call home for the convention.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm planning on going. And stupid question here...how do I get tickets so I can get a ToD Sorceress?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'm pretty certain I'm going!
    I'll be crashing on a friend of a friend's floor. So, I probably can't help you, Val.
    But I'm certainly looking forward to seeing some .org peoples!

I'm going, but will be there for only one day, the 12th, which is my birthday. Hope to see a lot of .orgers there!

Heroic Warrior
    Who has two thumbs and is going to both NYCC and Mid-Ohio Con?
    KryptonianMike.

To anyone else who is going, are you going to dress up?

im heading there as well....cant wait...it'lll be my first ny con
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I'm on the fence. Dunno if I should go or not. Plus I'm not looking forward to paying the prices for a hotel room. BUT, my cousin did mention that sometimes people rent out their apartments, so I might look into that.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm going. I think my wife and I are going to cosplay again this year (we went last year as Lex Luthor & Mercy Graves). Just going in for the Saturday. It's just across the river for us, so it's about as easy a con to get to as there can be!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    I'm rooming with 5 other people, so split 5 ways will make it somewhat cheap. I'm going to be dressed as Superman (with fake muscles). I want to go as He-Man, but He-Man doesn't have a Pepsi gut on him.

I am going, as it is a quick train ride away. Going on Sunday with my kids, and 12 and under are free on Sunday. If there are any Vikron left, I may get one there. I have never been to NYCC b4, hoping it will be a good experience!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar

Who's Going to New York Comic Con 2012?

I'll be there Saturday. Maybe if there's enough of us, we can do a .Org lunch after the Mattypalooza panel?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior
    I'll be there all four days, and this is just after I went to all three days of Mid-Ohio Con.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'll be at the Onell booth in The Block Thurs-Sat. I will have a couple of Galaxxor exclusives there.

haven't been in a few years.. how are they with their autographs? Long lines for big stars? Same w/photo ops?

Also, how do you buy tickets for both, or do you just go in?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I will be there at our booth and floating around here / there throughout the show for specific things I want to see and attend. Val and others, I wish my small *** apartment was big enough to help out some of you guys in the lodgings situation, but as some of you have pointed out; there are apt. rentals (I'll try to fond the website and get permission to post it) and IMO... DO NOT get a hotel room in Manhattan! Get something out of the borough like Brooklyn or Queens where it will be cheaper! All hotels are well aware of the 'Con and the prices are jacked up!

For anyone inquiring the passes are being mailed as of this week, as I have delivered numerous ones to many customers yesterday!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost View Post
    When will the tod be on sale will she be sold on Friday....cause I'll go Friday and get her.
    Not sure but if you are in NY earlier, @ the Toy Tokyo MOTU Art Show premiere night, they will be selling her!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    haven't been in a few years.. how are they with their autographs? Long lines for big stars? Same w/photo ops?

Well for the 'Con they do have an area in the front just before you go in.

Autographs: it all depends on who you're looking for cause each individual has different representation or companies; as I call them handlers where there may be specifics as to how you can get a signature. Some require tickets, armbands or simply just purchasing something they may be selling. There are some if you find an opportunity, that may just sign but it's a rarity when the crowds are that stacked!
    Last edited by Nemisythe; October 2, 2012 at 08:07am.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Everyone knows TT underground is having a MOTU shindig on wednesday night? Its down on 2nd AVE close to St. Marks Square. I will be there on Wednesday and then Ill be at Comic con on sunday only this year.
    BTW On the website it is stated that TTU will have advance copies of the sorceress there as well.

A little proof. Oh I will be there in my Masters/misfits t-shirt. http://theshowroomnyc.com/TT_Underground/Home.html
    Last edited by cobrakahn; October 2, 2012 at 08:26am.

Got my tickets yesterday, can't wait!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post

I don't usually do the autograph thing, but last year, celebs who didn't have booths were in a separate room. I think early on the lines are fairly long, but it settles by early afternoon. As far as I know, there's just one 'common feeder' line to get in, and then you can go to the showroom, artists' alley, or the celebrity room (or the panels) as you desire.

There are some celebs who are on the show floor. I need to work up the courage to say hi to Neal Adams this year!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Movie mayhem!
    I'm looking for two 3 or 4 days passes to NYCC. If you can't go and want to get rid of your tickets PLEASE let me know.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    My brother and I are going to try and get to the Mattypalooza panel early. If anyone wants us to save them some seats, just shoot me a PM and I'll send you my phone number so you can find us in the panel room.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?