Thread: Some new ones... Tycor, Monteeg, King Pythos, Kraggox, Danavas and more....

Some new ones... Tycor, Monteeg, King Pythos, Kraggox, Danavas and more....

Hey All,

here are a few new vintage figs I thought I would post:

Most of the characters are fully posable and what i really like are that the wings on Tycor are movable as well (good old magnets). Let me know if anyone wants any recipes and I'll be happy to post them...

The fire fighter is Jaxton (would have been snout spout before he was transformed) - Thanks E-Man for that idea

The Geldor is a total copy of E-man's recipe so consider that one a tribute... imitation is the highest form of flattery right?

I have a few others I am working on now so I'll post them when I am done.

Gotta love the filmation characters!

Bahdra and Tuvar.jpgDanavas.jpgJaxon.jpgKeldor.jpgKing Pythos.jpg
    Last edited by Definitions; July 24, 2012 at 09:28pm.

Wow, nice customs....Danavas is PERFECT!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    thats cool.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Definitions View Post
    Gotta love the filmation characters!
    Great job on the head for Geldor! (he is labeled as Keldor)

Sir, you continue to impress. Was it just a year ago you said you were going to start making your first customs? And you were asking other customizers their secrets? You have surpassed all the masters: your cartoonish and 110% accurate sculpting is astounding. I think most will over look the work you had to do on that Tuvar (or is it Baddrah? the purple one!)----you had to resculpt an entire arm and leg to make them match! (as well as the armor).

Your knack for capturing Filmation's simplicity is a harder job to complete than most think.

GREAT JOB, MY FRIEND!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Holy hand grenades batman those are amazing! Great work! Is that mr. T's head on geldor? Amazing!
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    Holy hand grenades batman those are amazing! Great work! Is that mr. T's head on geldor? Amazing!
    Yes sir that is Mr. T.... i stole the recipe straight from E-man.) Good catch on the Keldor instead of Geldor too He-Guy!

Tyke, as always, thanks for your encouragement. I really enjoy talking to the other customizers on the org and I have learned alot thats forsure.

Mantisaur and Kylan, thanks for the feedback too! always nice to know people enjoy your work.

Snappy Threader
    Very cool customs. I love seeing vinatge customs.

Oh boy, I'm not sure if I should feel flattered or threatened. I made my Geldor when I was roughly customizing as long as you have. And yours is SO MUCH BETTER LOOKING! I completely have to agree with Tyke here, your progress is frightening. That said, these are all just awesome! I especially like King Pythos. Just wonderful, as if he stepped right out of the Filmation cartoon! You are no doubt one of the best vintage customizers I know.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    very cool jaxson. really easy custom. nice work.... good creativity....

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    very cool jaxson. really easy custom. nice work.... good creativity....
    Yup that took about 10 minutes.) I had some cord, a roboto hand and a galaxy warrior and boom done. Sometimes the quick easy ones are just as rewarding. so thanks!

E-man... your Geldor is identical so don't you worry! Thanks for the kind words, filmation is my thing now forsure... the figures all use pretty simple bases, colors are bright and it brings me back to being a kid so it's good for me. I wasn't much of a comic guys or the later he-man lines just mini comic and filmation. Next up I have an Arzog and Karg so I'll keep everyone posted...

KARG!!!
    That will just be AWESOME! Can't wait!!

By the way, how did you make that Kragox tail? Is it a rubber MOTU tail customized? Or made from scratch?

Wow Def. These are great. You've got great taste and eye for parts to use in the customs to make them all the way vintage.
    Verry clean and well selected paintjobs and the sculpting is way up there, just super jobs on all of them.

How big/small is Monteeg in comparison to a regular figure and is there a base figure underneath ore sculpted from scratch (loving his drink).
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Hi Motumulder! I fully sculpted the monteeg... he is about 3.5 inches high so in proportion to the filmation version. I used magnets to make him posable too so I'm happy with him. He was fun to make forsure and glad you like the drink... it's his weapon of choice.)

Quote Originally Posted by motumulder View Post
    Wow Def. These are great. You've got great taste and eye for parts to use in the customs to make them all the way vintage.
    Verry clean and well selected paintjobs and the sculpting is way up there, just super jobs on all of them.

How big/small is Monteeg in comparison to a regular figure and is there a base figure underneath ore sculpted from scratch (loving his drink).

Verry cool, sculpted from scratch!
    I'm working on a Hannibal and was thinking of making a Monteeg myself to complete the set (with Blackbeard) but was woundering how to, cause of his size. Liking the use of magnets to make him posable.
    And I could go to battle with his weaponry
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!