Thread: Adopt an International MOTUC fan!

Adopt an International MOTUC fan!

At the risk of my own wallet, I am willing to take on another sub for an international fan at cost. This means, you pay me exactly what I pay for the sub every month and you pay for the shipping method of your choice. If you want them shipped monthly, quarterly, semi annually, or one huge shipment at the end of December, it's fine with me as long as you can pay for it.

Payment would work like this: After I recieve the figure, I'll take some photos of exactly what you'd be getting and send it via e-mail (I've got a decent camera, lots of mega pixels). Of course it's a white box, but if you want me to take them out prior to shipment, it's up to you. I will not open the box unless instructed by you. Depending on the shipping arrangment, I can also include step by step pics of the packaging. I'd expect payment within a week of that notice. After I recieve the payment, I will ship it out within the week (I have a rotating shift so I end up missing a few days out of the week). Payment would have to be through paypal at this point.

I will expect the initial sub payment after I send you a greeting by letter which upon reception, you will confirm with me via an e-mail. Again I'll give you a week to send me the money after e-mail confirmation.

I'm not unreasonable and am open to ideas. Obviously, I won't be able to cover a lost shipment, but I'd be open to returning half your payment if it gets lost.

Preferably, I'd like it if you've been a member here for at least one year and have someone vouche for you on the boards. If you're a frequent poster I doubt we'll have a problem. This is a matter of trust on both sides so let's make this work!

Post here or PM me if interested.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Inhibitor, let me applaud you for your generosity towards us internationals. It's not something you see every day and it's much appreciated here.

Now not to sound negative, but sadly I feel that this idea won't work. Mattel is NOT overcharging international fans for shipping. What they charge is what it actually costs and there are no cheaper methods other than what they offer (Well, there are a few but they are so unreliable that if one gets his stuff, he might call it a very very lucky day).

So in the end the international fan would have to pay not only the exact same cost of shipping, but also domestic shipping (from Mattel to you) and Paypal fees.

Sure if you ship everything together in December that would be a different story but still the costs saved would be really very little. I would estimate the costs for 17 figures to be about $150-$180 (I bought like a thousand toys of all sizes from US so I always have quite a good idea of the actual costs). That's like saving $70 but still with shipping from Mattel to you the international fan would have to pay at least another $120, so again it will be more expensive for them than buying directly from Mattel.

Once more, it's very nice of yours to offer to do this, but the hard truth is it will not work.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Inhibitor, let me applaud you for your generosity towards us internationals. It's not something you see every day and it's much appreciated here.

Now not to sound negative, but sadly I feel that this idea won't work. Mattel is NOT overcharging international fans for shipping. What they charge is what it actually costs and there are no cheaper methods other than what they offer (Well, there are a few but they are so unreliable that if one gets his stuff, he might call it a very very lucky day).

So in the end the international fan would have to pay not only the exact same cost of shipping, but also domestic shipping (from Mattel to you) and Paypal fees.

Sure if you ship everything together in December that would be a different story but still the costs saved would be really very little. I would estimate the costs for 17 figures to be about $150-$180 (I bought like a thousand toys of all sizes from US so I always have quite a good idea of the actual costs). That's like saving $70 but still with shipping from Mattel to you the international fan would have to pay at least another $120, so again it will be more expensive for them than buying directly from Mattel.

Once more, it's very nice of yours to offer to do this, but the hard truth is it will not work.
    Hmmm. I could eat some of the domestic shipping, but I see what you're saying. I was hoping there might have been a cheaper alternative Mattel hadn't included. It was worth a try anyway!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, thanks for the kind words Arthur!

Folks, I'm keeping this open if you can find a way to save money. I'm bumping it because I don't want to appear as though I've given up just yet. Like I said before I might be willing to eat some of the shipping, even the international shipping to make it worth your while. I'll keep you all posted!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    At the risk of my own wallet, I am willing to take on another sub for an international fan at cost. This means, you pay me exactly what I pay for the sub every month and you pay for the shipping method of your choice. If you want them shipped monthly, quarterly, semi annually, or one huge shipment at the end of December, it's fine with me as long as you can pay for it.

Payment would work like this: After I recieve the figure, I'll take some photos of exactly what you'd be getting and send it via e-mail (I've got a decent camera, lots of mega pixels). Of course it's a white box, but if you want me to take them out prior to shipment, it's up to you. I will not open the box unless instructed by you. Depending on the shipping arrangment, I can also include step by step pics of the packaging. I'd expect payment within a week of that notice. After I recieve the payment, I will ship it out within the week (I have a rotating shift so I end up missing a few days out of the week). Payment would have to be through paypal at this point.

I will expect the initial sub payment after I send you a greeting by letter which upon reception, you will confirm with me via an e-mail. Again I'll give you a week to send me the money after e-mail confirmation.

I'm not unreasonable and am open to ideas. Obviously, I won't be able to cover a lost shipment, but I'd be open to returning half your payment if it gets lost.

Preferably, I'd like it if you've been a member here for at least one year and have someone vouche for you on the boards. If you're a frequent poster I doubt we'll have a problem. This is a matter of trust on both sides so let's make this work!

Post here or PM me if interested.
    Thanks for your generous offer! I'm from Argentina and i've already bought my sub, but I wanted to thank you for being so pro active and try something to keep the line going for us all! THANKS!

Lantern-Ro, right on man! I wish I could do more...

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, how much more would you guys be set to pay for shipping if you were to buy a sub as opposed to last year? Also, Arthur could you or any other Italian fan tell me what the deal is with customs for toys in general over there. I heard a few years back that they only accepted international toy shipments if they were made out of wood! I hope that was just a strange rumor that wouldn't affect this kind of person-to-person shipment.