Have I forgotten anyone? Hmmm, nope. That about covers it...
Not so cut and dry for me as eras go:
2) Horde (comics, POP, MYP, concept, anyone not vintage)
3) Snake Men (same note as Horde)
4) Filmation/MYP cartoon characters
5) Great Rebellion
8) all others including concept and obscure characters
Have I forgotten anyone? Hmmm, nope. That about covers it...
Traversing the concussion blasts of Despondos!
As far as styles of toys go:
3: Vintage MOTU
4: Vintage PoP/NA
If MOTUC had been in the 200X style I would have bought a lot more of the figures. (Or perhaps not, since without shared tooling the price per figure would probably be about 4-5 times as expensive.)
As far as eras, or media sources or whatchamacallit:
1: The setting as portrayed in the first 4 mini comics.
2: The MOTU toys
3: Everything else
1) Princess of Power vintage
2) The Evil Horde vintage
3) Filmation Princess of Power
4) NA Vintage
5) TIED Obscure + other MOTU vintage (Evil Warriors, Snake Men, Masters) + Jetlag
6) TIED Filmation MOTU + POG
MOTUC wants: Modulok, Entrapta, Scorpia, Madame Razz, Sea Hawk, Spinnerella, Double Trouble, Glimmer, Angella, Sweet Bee, Mermista, Flutterina, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kowl, Loo-Kee, Huntara, Two-Bad, Extendar, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Hydron, Sebrian, Flogg, Crita, Hoove, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, Chef Allen
Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz, Climan
1. POP Filmation
3. He-Man Filmation
1. 200X is MOTU to me. I loved the detail and style.
2. Vintage. Original MOTU and Arnold movies started my infatuation with getting as big as I could so it will always be special to me.
3.POP I actually enjoy the He-Man/She-Ra team up episodes a lot.
Just do not care for at all really NA.
My preferences in order are:
4. FILMation & Jetlag
5. Mini Comics
6. Vintage Prototypes/Obscure
8. Brand New Figures/Son of He-Man
I love all 8, but the first 5 are all extremely close and equally important to me. If I had to drop one of the 5, I couldn't choose one in the favor over the other.
MY MOTUC WANTS: SKY SLED, Rio Blast, Extendar, Gwildor, Eldor, Glimmer, Kowl, Angella, Mermista, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Sea Hawk, Madame Razz, Huntara, Hydron, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Two Bad, Saurod, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Masque, Horde Trooper, Modulok, Dragstor, Imp, Scorpia, Vultak, Entrapta, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, NA Skeletor, Flogg, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta
6) Obscure ( comics, one time appeareance characters, concepts, prototypes)
3) Mini-Comics/ Vintage DC Comics
Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz
Pretty straight forward:
1) Vintage (minus horde characters that i feel belong to pop)
6)Son of He-man
8) pop (and vintage horde)
After the way MOTUC has spoiled us, this is pretty much like trying to pick your favorite child, very little separates how much I love some of these.
Vintage, POP, POG, Filmation and Concepts are pretty much all tied together for me. NA comes right after those, narrowly missing being clumped together with the previous group. The only black sheep of the family is 200x which is still very disappointing and underwhelming for my personal tastes to this day.
Snake Men need a woman of their own too!
Proud supporter of the Snake Men.
Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Horde Trooper, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram.
Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Scorpia, Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Sea Hawk, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Lizard Man.
No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!
1 Vintage POP and Flimation These 3 go hand and had for me when I think He-man I think to toys and the cartoons
2 200X New chacters "I do not need 2 version of my Heroes and Villian"
3 Concepts and other media chacters " This include Protypes"
4 NA I will welcome them with open arms but they few esp I have seen I have not cared for it
1. Mini-comic/Protoypes(all lines)
3. 200x (200x style versions of characters[i.e. Randor, Stratos etc...], toys, and never produced before characters[Veena, Calix, etc...])
4. Filmation (only never before produced characters, if there is a toy equivalent I don't need a Filmation version)
Last edited by slackrguy; July 26, 2012 at 01:21pm.
Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.
2) Pre-Filmation Era
3) Vintage MOTU
4) New Adventures Mini-Comics
5) Filmation Princess of Power
7) 1987 Movie
8) Filmation MOTU
NA (not very interested...)
...Filmation? (Could honestly care less).
My main wants would defiantly be towards the Snake Men and Evil Horde.
If I HAD to choose:
1) POP / Filmation
2) Vintage MOTU / POG (frankly, the current line has given me a bit of vintage MOTU fatigue)
5) Mini-Comics (that would be vintage MOTU, POP, and NA mini-comics)
Now, just because NA is lower on the list doesn't mean that I don't absolutely need Flogg, Hydron, Crita, Mara, and Master Sebrian to feel like my collection is even close to complete. I want them all.
Last edited by bcrduke; July 26, 2012 at 03:32pm.
A Want List of Sorts:
Rokkon, Stonedar, Nepthu, Plundor, Sea Hawk, Strong-Arm, Dactys, Horde Troopers, Storm, Geldor, Modulok, Battle Ram, Kowl, Loo-Kee, Hydron, Glimmer, Eldor, Two Bad, Ninjor, Rio Blast, Mermista, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Flutterina, Gorpo, Flogg, Crimson Fury, Songster, Lodar, Kex Queen, Goat Man, Darius, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle
2) Early Mini-Comics & Box Art
3) MYP / 200X
5) Concept / Preternia
I don't care for He-Ro: son of He-Man, Filmation or NA
"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."
Powers of Grayskull
Concepts / Protos / Box Art
"Son of He-Man"
Brand new characters
Go big or go home
6 and 7) Obscure ( comics, one time appeareance characters, concepts, prototypes) and NA
SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!
1. Vintage MOTU
2 (Tie) POP
1. Vintage The Evil Horde
2. Filmation POP (with added details from Vintage POP)
3. Vintage MOTU
That's about it. I personally don't have a lot of interest in any of the other media, although that's not to say that I don't want to see some figures from that other media, for example, 200X Sorceress.
1) Vintage, 200X (tied)
3) The Great Rebellion (Filmation styled POP only)
4) Filmation (still waiting on a "real" Filmation character...)
6) Power of Grayskull
7) New Adventures