Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nickelodeon TMNT Figure Reviews by Pixel Dan

Heroic Warrior
    Can't sit through the commercials so can't comment on the reviews but the toys themselves are great. Ill just stick to the 4 Turtles, maybe Splinter but Im passing on all the rest.

I really did not want to start another line...

But after watching the videos I decided to try it out today!

Leonardo was/is my favorite so I thought if any of the figures could get me hooked it would be him!

I'd have to say, as I got mine at Wal-Mart, paying $7.77 for this figure was a GREAT deal! I was impressed with the amount of articulation. Is it anywhere near classics...no, but I'm spending LESS than $8.00 for this figure. Also, the actually quality of the plastic...is great IMO. The overall sculpt...fantastic! As I do not have the other turtles, but knowing they are all unique sculpts, I can see I apreciate this variation and uniqueness to each turtle!

I never had the vintage line turtles. All of their allies & enimes I had. I just never like how the vintage turtles looked and as this has been carried over, obviously, to the classics line I really have 0 intention to buy them. I said, in another thread, this is my makeup to vintage turtles!

The other figures, I am unimpressed with. I will pickup Splinter...how can you not!? April O'Neil, I am on the fence about her. I am not really digging the teenage-girl look. I prefer her as a mid to late 20's woman. I may get her as the figures does look good with the other turtles.

For $7.77 I really do think we get a great figure.

Unpainted weapons I can live with.

In some ways I wish the belts were removable, but then it would take away from how good it looks folded over the body, esspecially across Leo's shoulder.

A+ from me to Playmates for Nickelodeon's TMNT!

F- from me to PD for making me reconsider buying these!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I really did not want to start another line...

But after watching the videos I decided to try it out today!

Leonardo was/is my favorite so I thought if any of the figures could get me hooked it would be him!

I'd have to say, as I got mine at Wal-Mart, paying $7.77 for this figure was a GREAT deal! I was impressed with the amount of articulation. Is it anywhere near classics...no, but I'm spending LESS than $8.00 for this figure. Also, the actually quality of the plastic...is great IMO. The overall sculpt...fantastic! As I do not have the other turtles, but knowing they are all unique sculpts, I can see I apreciate this variation and uniqueness to each turtle!

I never had the vintage line turtles. All of their allies & enimes I had. I just never like how the vintage turtles looked and as this has been carried over, obviously, to the classics line I really have 0 intention to buy them. I said, in another thread, this is my makeup to vintage turtles!

I'm in the same boat as you. I never had the vintage turtles. My mom bought a figure here and a figure there. There was no way for me to get the 4 turtles without falling behind a wave.

BUT: I don't consider these new ones a makeup; I also want the vintage guys, finally.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Two new videos for today: Dragon Chopper and Power Sound FX Shredder.

Enjoy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

It still kills me that outside of the unreleased NECA figure, NO ONE has made a good Shredder, WHY IS IT SO HARD?!?!?!?!
    I think prefer this scale to use with the regular turtles though do you mind taking a pic of the regular turtles with this shredder?. as for the soundfx turtles I LOVE their head sculpts
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure