View Poll Results: What is your preference for Classics Mekaneck's hands?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want flesh colored plastic to avoid chipped paint and stiff hands!

41 89.13%
  • I'm okay with painted hands for Mekaneck.

5 10.87%

Thread: Mekaneck's hands. Flesh colored plastic or painted plastic?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar

Mekaneck's hands. Flesh colored plastic or painted plastic?

I don't want paint chipping issues or stiff hands on Mekaneck. This poll doesn't guarantee anything but maybe Scott will see it and can ensure we don't have the same issues some of us had with Prince Adam, King Randor, or Count Marzo.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    i would prefer flesh colored plastic for his hands as well... however aside from his face (which will most likely be painted) there is no other flesh tones on this figure. chances are a good percentage of this figure will be cast in blue and painted over. but who knows, maybe we'll luck out with mekaneck.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Of course "flesh colored plastic"
    UNITED WE STAND
    divided we fall
    C'mon let's vote!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I know why they say they do it....but I want non painted parts that interact with other parts....

Therefore molded flesh hands....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm okay with painted hands just like I'm ok with painted faces.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I have replaced many hands to try to keep my core figures to not have painted hands, King Randor, Prince Adam, Queen Marlena, and I'm sure there were others. Lots of He-Ro figures had to give their hands up to the cause (a She-Ra did too for her mother.) I just used my last set of unpainted hands on a custom figure, but if Mekaneck comes with painted hands, my new custom figure is out of luck and will be getting his hands traded.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't consider painted hands that much of a problem. As I have said many times, I'm a loose collector but I don't play with my figures. I get them out the box, put them in a decent pose and that's just it. All my figures with painted hands just look fine, no paint-rub at all, not even on their palms. I was alot more worried about Fisto's painted biceps but it turned out the flesh color used for is rock-solid.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    As I have said many times, I'm a loose collector but I don't play with my figures. I get them out the box, put them in a decent pose and that's just it.
    There are others like myself who also don't play with our Classics figures but we do alternate their stance or exhange a weapon once in a while. One of my Prince Adam figures was left on the shelf for a year holding his purple sword aloft and I was able to obtain an extra silver sword for him so I went to exchange it, and the hand paint came off because it had bonded with the sword hilt. It's not unlike the issue some had with Prince Adam's vest pulling off the paint from the Wind Raider.

This "adult collector" line cost too much to have issues like this continue to happen. Painted hands need to be addressed by Scott and Matty.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; May 26, 2012 at 02:01am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    There are others like myself who also don't play with our Classics figures but we do alternate their stance or exhange a weapon once in a while. One of my Prince Adam figures was left on the shelf for a year holding his purple sword aloft and I was able to obtain an extra silver sword for him so I went to exchange it, and the hand paint came off because it had bonded with the sword hilt.
    I see what you mean, but wouldn't it be easier just to coat the hands with a matte finish to avoid this kind of problem, instead of swapping parts like He-Bro did? I'm no customizer that's why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    This "adult collector" line cost too much to have issues like this continue to happen. Painted hands need to be addressed by Scott and Matty.
    The way I see it "adult collector" doesn't have to mean the product has to be very durable. I once collected Guyver toys from Max Factory. They were super poseable, came with exchangeable parts and usually cost about 60-80 Dollars each, but they were also extremely fragile. To put them in a decent pose you had to be very, very carefull and the exchangeable parts used ridiculously thin pins. IIRC the Guyver toys were not labeled as adult toys, but you could just see from the way they were made, that these are not meant for kids to play with because of their fragility. What I'm trying to say here is, if I know a figure has a weak point, I try to avoid to overly use it.

Of course it is perfectly legit to address the issue, but after almost 4 years of collecting the line, it should be clear that Mattel will always go the route which is most cost-effective. They have shown the will to improve their product (ankles) but sometimes there are sacrifices that have to be made in order to have enough money for another (tooling heavy) figure. I'm not trying to defend their other screw ups like wrong assembled shoulders or the Stinkor incident, it is just something I'd like to make you think about, when it comes to a IMO minor issue like painted hands. To use something will most likely cause abrasion. It is only natural.
    Last edited by Barnster; May 26, 2012 at 04:17am.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

ill be too happy to get him to care, but of course id rather have it flesh color plasti

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Flesh-colored for me...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I see what you mean, but wouldn't it be easier just to coat the hands with a matte finish to avoid this kind of problem, instead of swapping parts like He-Bro did? I'm no customizer that's why I ask.

Coating the hands with yet another layer would only make them even stiffer and the friction of trying to swap a weapon would more than likely rub off the clear coat.

The way I see it "adult collector" doesn't have to mean the product has to be very durable.

I'm not asking for Tonka durability but if a figure has interchangable weapons, we shouldn't have to worry about the paint chipping as easily as it does.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    matching flesh tone is the worst. I had this issue with a quite a few toys already.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Maybe the people should read the Black plastic post, since the last few figures were black plastic and painted....I'm willing to bet the painted hands for Mek poll here will be a pointless thing once the end of September comes and people see whether or not Mek is painted like Spikor & Vykron, and it's still unconfirmed I think if SLL is as well.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!