Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe #3 Digital Comic - Battle Cat Talkback *SPOILERS*

If they are every other week, then there should be two in August. My wishes are for a Tri-Klops and a Teela tale of some sort

I liked this even more after a second read. I think it was a great origin story for BC. It's a cool way of explaining Cringer's cowardly behavior and the contrast between he and BC.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I liked this even more after a second read. I think it was a great origin story for BC. It's a cool way of explaining Cringer's cowardly behavior and the contrast between he and BC.
    Same here. I was very torn after my initial read. I definitely like several aspects of the story, if not the way it was presented.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I want to see DC's take on the Trap Jaw story and if they will make him Kronis

loving these!

I didn't notice teela's hair colour early in the story and thought it was adora at the end as well. damn. hehe

I must say that I was afraid this new line of digital comics was a way to make characters most of us don't want/like an integral part of the MOTU saga. Sir Laser Lot in issue one (with a mention of The Mighty Spector) had me fearing the worst. Yet I really like where these are going. Kinda like I just love the Icons Of Evil 200x comics giving the readers a glimpse (or more) of where all the Evil Warriors come from.
    Anyway, tjis has been my favorite thus far. I really like the way it explains the difference in character between Cringer and Battle Cat. Yes it has it's flaws, yes the art could have been better. But overall I'm really enjoying the series.

Digital download #3 Battlecat.......

I liked it. It's kinda cool. I'm not sure about the end who that is but is it.....Teela?
    Oh well whatever never mind.

Bought it, read it, loved it.
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

I hated it! This is the only MOTU item I have ever hated. The story was weak and slow!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    it was alright nothing spectacular. better than the sir laser lott crap but not as a good as maa

but again the idea that everyone comes from a tribe of all the same species just lowers the individually of the character, also a war between BC and pathors tribes seriously i thought it couldn't get more cliche until i seen that "pathor" killed his father. you might as well gone the whole hog and made pathor his adopted brother

and as others have said again the designs are so friggen poor that you can not even tell who a character is meant to be
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

I quite enjoyed this one, great to give Cringer/bc a feature and was told very well
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I quite enjoyed this one, great to give Cringer/bc a feature and was told very well
    I agree. They did a good job of creating his fear. I personally like how they updated everyone's look and Merman's tail is awesome! My favotite panels are the first transformation and the big layout with all the heroes and BC. I think they art is pretty well done, I just wish the faces received more detail.

I want to start buying up so extra BC's and make the tribe now How much are they typically during the November sale?

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I really DIDN'T like this one this time. It was very lacking in comparison to the last two IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    No information yet.

And I'm actually curious about that. If anyone can help.

Does DC Entertainment put out some list of future titles and their dates? Where could I find it?

You can get a list of future DC releases HERE but I don't think they usually list digital firsts.

I can't believe how excited I get every time one of these MOTU digital comics gets released. I really liked this one (I'm a sucker for cats...just look at my avatar) and thought they did a good job of giving us the story from the pov of an animal, with his thoughts and reactions being so instinctive and in-the-moment. I suppose the blonde woman at the end is either Teela or Queen Marlena?
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    it was alright nothing spectacular.... but again the idea that everyone comes from a tribe of all the same species just lowers the individually of the character, also a war between BC and pathors tribes seriously i thought it couldn't get more cliche until i seen that "pathor" killed his father. you might as well gone the whole hog and made pathor his adopted brother
    Totally. The "cat war" was a pretty stupid idea.

If they wanted "gritty" they could have had people hunting them all to virtual extinction instead.

He-Man saving Cringer takes something essential from the Adam/Cringer relationship.

Glad he didn't talk, at least.

The art was the best so far, at least.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; July 31, 2012 at 11:04am.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I enjoyed this issue. I don't think it was anything out of this world, but I appreciate how they made Battle Cat/Cringer into a more primal animal as opposed to a highly intelligent speaking tiger. The whole Panthor's tribe killing his dad was a bbit too "Lion King-ish" for me, but overall, I enjoyed it. Especially for only $.99

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    If they are every other week, then there should be two in August. My wishes are for a Tri-Klops and a Teela tale of some sort
    I think issue 2 of the main series is supposed to ficus a bit more on Teela. I'd love to see a Trike one shot however.

I actually really liked this. I thought the art was the strongest so far.

I would love ones for more obscure characters, but I doubt that will happen. Next I'm hoping for either Ram-Man, Trap-Jaw or Evil Lynn.

I don't know if I like this one yet.... Something is NOT clear to me.

Was Cringer:

- Dreaming?
    - Trying to find a happy place because he was afraid of the guy walking down the stairs?
    - Remembering how EXACTLY he became Battle Cat?
    - or was it a combination of memories, plus a metaphor of how he acts when he becomes Battle Cat?

If this is exactly how he became Battle Cat, then I'm not sure if I'm happy to learn that He-Man already existed... UNLESS that he-man was one of the previous ones, which wouldn't make me like this any better....

I'd like it a lot if Cringer is just dreaming, remembering things the same way Adam is in the woods for this particular storyline... Confusing memories.

Regarding him being Teela's pet... I think this is happening during this canon's alternative reality... Maybe teela adopted the cat somehow.
    "From here to Eterni...a"

These seem to be doing well... currently the Battle Cat issue is at #2!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I liked it... I hope these comics help boost the subs... somehow.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

I am wondering if that is supposed to be Queen Teela at the end (after she marries He-Man)?
    That's what I got from it
    Last edited by Jedi_Kunle; July 31, 2012 at 01:42am.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    I thought DC was only going to do three chapter for this series. I don't know where everyone else is getting this information about there supposedly being more chapters. I am open to more chapters, personally, but if DC is planning on doing more, it would be nice for them to post some kind of info about it on their site.

As for the comic, I liked the entire thing. The art style invoked the savagery of the original mini-comics(pre-filmation) and the story added something new to MOTU.

I honestly like the new direction DC is taking MOTU yet keeping certain things familiar. I'm still curious as to why they chose to make Teela blonde in all of her cameos thus far. Is it a homage to the way they depicted Teela in their 80's comics or is it supposed to be Teela ascended ala 'Battleground Teela'?

The questions just keep rising. Hopefully, when the main series FINALLY returns in September we might start getting some answers.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Someone from the Comixology website responded to an inquiry I made about future issues, and said without being very specific that yes- there are more to come... one every other week. So the second one should be online Sat Aug 11th

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Someone from the Comixology website responded to an inquiry I made about future issues, and said without being very specific that yes- there are more to come... one every other week. So the second one should be online Sat Aug 11th
    Seems they are more forthcoming with information than DC is. Well, if it is true, at the very least it will be something to look forward to while waiting for the return of the main series in Sept.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I am wondering if that is supposed to be Queen Teela at the end (after she marries He-Man)?
    Now that I look at the comic again, the tiara Teela wears in battle against Mer-Man looks the same as the one she's wearing at the end, so it might not be Teela as a Queen - just her regular attire in this version.

I assume DC is going with their own canon here and not following the MOTUC bios, so who knows if Teela even becomes a Queen at any point?
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca