Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru's A-List Princess of Power: Could he have picked better choices? [RUMOR]

Heroic Warrior

Toyguru's A-List Princess of Power: Could he have picked better choices? [RUMOR]

Let's debate who defines "Main PoP." Shouldn't Matty cater to the buck crowd as well? I see this line limping to the finish like JLU. Should the next PoP they select have more unique parts, so that in the effort of wringing out the last few characters, tooling money would be significantly less. That was the very issue he claimed plagued MOTUC vintage.

Shouldn't character choice be delineated by new tooling NOW?

Glimmer and Angella: I would PREFER to have unique tooling to match the toy, but with FILMation colors, and not be identical and plain in design as they were in the series.
    Castaspella: New tooling, goes towards Entrapta
    Mermista: Would have extensive new tooling, which is great!
    Sweet Bee: later reuse for vintage Catra's top, Double Trouble's boots/gloves(?)
    Spinerella: Netossa's girlfriend and companion piece for display; body re-use for Flutterina minus head and wings/dress
    Loo-Kee NO SLUGS
    Kowl NO SLUGS

Netossa provides us almost with Peekablue and even Perfuma if they really wanted to skate by with reuse.

After new tools, the rest are easy to knock out, even if in a more limited convention run. I know there is Madame Razz, etc, but the goal or intent of this thread is to show Matty that the rest of the line is easier to make if they selected just a FEW more informed choices NOW.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; July 31, 2012 at 02:24pm.

I'm not that bothered about Sweet Bee, Spinnerella and Peekablue to be honest. I'd sooner have the ones Scott listed. Though I'd swap Castaspella and Mermista for Madam Razz and Kowl in a heartbeat!

I DO NOT want Double Trouble whatsoever and definately won't buy her willingly.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Most of my exposure to POP is from Secret of the Sword and the Christmas special. Glimmer and Angella totally make sense. Don't know enough about the other two but assume they are important to the story. Shocked that Madam Razz wouldn't make that cut. Seems like Glimmer and Madam Razz would be the most important.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Angella is an odd choice, I think. I don't really consider her an 'A-lister' beyond the fact that she's Glimmer's Mum.
    Mermista is another one I can take or leave, but I do admit that a figure of her would be a challenge for the 4H. Be interesting to see how they tackled her.

Glimmer of course is a major player who I'd like to see in figure form, and my own bias demands that Castaspella *sigh* makes an appearance in the line. I'd like to see all done in their Filmation styles, I might add.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

If he's referring to strictly vintage toy POP toys, then I agree with those being the most "core", in addition to Kowl. We must get Kowl.

However, if he is also including Filmation with that list, then Scorpia and Madame Razz/Broom are most certainly also "core", and to a lesser extent Sea Hawk.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I want:

Angella, Glimmer, Castaspella, Mermista, Peekablue, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Spinnerella, Perfuma, and Double Trouble.

I also REALLY want Entrapta, Kowl, and Loo-Kee.

Don't even get me started on listing Filmation PoP figures I want...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Madam Razz, like Scorpia, would fall under the Filmation banner, so she still might get made. I still have hope that they'll find someway to fit Kowl into the line.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I'll be brief. According to friend, Scott says that going forward, the PoP figures to make the cut are :

Glimmer
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Mermista

All are sound choices, but shouldn't Scott cater to the buck crowd as well? I see this line limping to the finish like JLU. That said, shouldn't Scott select characters with more unique parts, so that in the effort of wringing out the last few characters, tooling money would be significantly less. That was the very issue he claimed plagued MOTUC vintage.

Shouldn't character choice be delineated by new tooling NOW?

Glimmer and Angella I would PREFER to have unique tooling to match the toy, but with FILMation colors, and not be identical and plain in design as they were in the series.

Castaspella and Mermista both would have extensive new tooling, which is great!

Characters the SHOULD make the cut too:
    Sweet Bee: later reuse for vintage Catra's top, Double Trouble's boots/gloves(?)
    Spinerella: Netossa's girlfriend and companion piece for display; body re-use for Flutterina minus head and wings/dress
    Loo-Kee
    Kowl

Netossa provides us almost with Peekablue and even Perfuma if they really wanted to skate by with reuse. Casta gets us Entrapta (and though VERY unpopular, I would prefer the animation colors to keep the cartoon aesthetic universal, though I MUCH prefer the gold). It broke my heart that Cringer was almost a slug. Loo-Kee and Kowl BOTH need to be as fully-articulated as Orko. It's only fair.

If they added these 4, the rest are easy to knock out, even if in a more limited convention run. I know there is Madame Razz, etc, but the goal or intent of this thread is to show Toy Guru that the rest of the line is easier to make if they selected just a FEW more informed choices NOW.

Thoughts?
    I thought that was the whole point was slowly bringing in characters that have unique parts to be latter used on other figures that need lots more uniquely tooled parts. it would be less on cost for the company each year to do it this way & it insures that the line will eventually get to every character.
    I would like for motuc to reach its goal for getting to every character in the motu universe (with a few exceptions).

POG, MINI COMICS/GOLDEN BOOK, CONCEPT, MOTU VINTAGE, FILMATION, MYP/MVC COMIC 200X, POP, N/A & SON OF HE-MAN!!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

That's definitely what I would call the A-list. They're all from the first series of figures and other than Mermista, they all appear in quite a few episodes. I'd consider Kowl and Imp A-list, too, but they might be counting those guys differently.

Honestly, I'm surprised that Mermista made the A-list considering she only appeared in 4 episodes, but I know she is quite a fan demanded character so no harm there.

Loo-kee probably appeared episodes than anyone except She-ra and Swiftwind, though.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I want Flutterina I think she would be a beautiful MOTUC figure!
    Transculent wings
    Oh and Madame Razz is a must have!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I think Toyguru has it right...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 30, 2012 at 07:33pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Beautiful character models... Don't mess with 'em, TG!!
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Add one Kowl to the mix and I'd LOVE this list! Mostly cause of Glimmer!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Those figures sounds about right, but I would also prefer for Double Trouble and Entrapta to make it onto the list, too. Entrapta because she's a Horde member!

Those are perfect choices, but we gotta also have Kowl and Sea Hawk.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

glimmer, castaspella & angella are definite a-listers. they are top on my list.
    sea hawk, peekablue, perfuma, crimson furry, hunga the harpy, king argho & vultar are on my wish list.
    i really hope that motuc can eventually get to them.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    I want Flutterina I think she would be a beautiful MOTUC figure!
    Transculent wings
    Oh and Madame Razz is a must have!!
    I agree. Flutterina would look great as a MOTUC figure! Her wings would be gorgeous! Same for Peekablue.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    That pretty much matches up with what I would pick. Although given that they gave us Netossa I would personally sub in Spinerella over Mermista for display purposes.

I kind of wish Netossa wasn't coming given the change in focus and character selection now.

that is a good list from tg.
    three core characters & a unique tooled character. i'm very curious how she will be executed? maybe like the king hisss figure with removable torso/legs. may have legs that can be swapped with the fish tail.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I think that list is pretty spot-on!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I'll be brief. According to friend, Scott says that going forward, the PoP figures to make the cut are :

Glimmer
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    At the very least, he should include Entrapta. It's my understanding Scorpia is a Filmation character but if not, she should be included in the POP list.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I think he's got it right too. The only thing I would add to that list is Kowl. Kowl is an essential part of PoP.

Now, the Filmation fan in me is screaming Scorpia, Razz, Hunga and Seahawk. But they're not PoP, they're filmation, and I'd like to think that's how we'll get them in the line-up.

As for Sweetbee, Flutterina and Peekablue -- make them Vykron style - one buck three heads and accessories.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Scorpia already made the cut. I know the 4 horsemen desperately want to work on her.

I definitely love the 4 characters Scott selected. I would prefer him sneaking in the other 4 for tooling bank purposes. Loo-Kee and Kowl can sneak in with characters lacking accessories, or even together: Kowl carded centered like Orko with Loo-Kee peeking out upside down behind the MOTUC logo :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I agree with MGM, but I'll be disappointed if we don't get a Peekablue. She's just not A-list though, and I get that. However, if she shows up in 2013 trust and believe I will be doing a happy dance.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

the onlt 2 i really want are toy non vac Entrapta and Double Trouble.

i wonder if Mermista will get her fish scales, that body can be re used,Snake girls/2000x Merlana/Snake Teela

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041