Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think DC/Mattel's Plan Is For She-Ra In The Comics?

What Do You Think DC/Mattel's Plan Is For She-Ra In The Comics?

Like where do you see things heading once this "Horde Takes Over Eternia" story arc is over and Adora/Despara embraces her destiny as She-Ra? Do you think they'll drop her...have continuing He-Man/She-Ra adventures...give her a spin-off comic?

AND

What would you like to see happen?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I think they'll go with the troubled hero routine. Adora will find out who she is and she'll probably receive the power of Grayskull by the end of the series but this time she isn't under any spell. Every choice she made was one she made contiously and she'll probably head off and take her time putting things in perspective. We'll probably see her again on occasions where she is really needed or if they accidentaly bump into her, sort of like Zodak or Mossman in the 200x show. I can't see her becoming the She-Ra we saw in the 80's. This version might have some rough edges. I don't think she'll get a spinoff though.

And this is also how I would like to see She-Ra handled.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    I think Mattel/DC will have She-Ra die in an act of redemption for her evil past with The Evil Horde. The Sword of Protection will then either be merged with the Sword of Power to make He-Man even more powerful or The Sorceress will safeguard the Sword of Protection in Castle Grayskull for He-Man's future heir (aka He-Ro V2.0).

I would like to see She-Ra spin-off into her own comic book with a more "mature" plot that follows the Filmation cartoon. She-Ra and The Great Rebellion are fighting to free Etheria from The Evil Horde. I would definitely like to see more distrust of Adora as a result of her past. And I would like to see more guilt on the part of Adora. I hope her role with The Evil Horde isn't simply all part of an "evil spell" and everyone just seems to pretend that it never happened like the majority of the Filmation cartoon.

I have to admit it...i much prefer this hardcore version of Despera over force capt. Adora.
    I think they'll strech this story out and at the end it will be resolved only to get her own mini series.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Good question.

Since no one knows who Despara is, no one needs to be distrustful. All Etheria knows is Despara with Hordaks faced mask so Hordak is even more hated than he ever was, since they saw his face all the time.

Maybe a few members will know she was Despara but most of them won´t know and so they have even two secrets the can play out.
    If she gets her own series there will be some struggle and a lot of whinning....modern comic writers/stories like that. It´s all about self doubts, fear and frustration. Best example was The dark knight rises, if you ask me(but i seem to be the only one who didn´t like that movie and it´s plot.)

My guess as well is, she will take some time apart or rushes of the Etheria immediately to right all the things she has done wrong and once or if she is returns to Eternia she will have an updated look of her FILMATION appearance.
    Last edited by Niki; May 5, 2013 at 11:30am.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I think we'll see her become She-Ra around issue 25 or so, maybe as soon as 12. Then, she'll head off to Etheria to kick Horde butt (after sending them back), getting a spinoff and maybe a solo title.

If this is a success I can definitely see She-Ra getting her own series soon enough.

Until there is a new tv show or movie, I don't see the Masters of the Universe comics being popular enough to spawn a spin-off series. I'd venture She-Ra will be used less once she becomes She-Ra again.

It would be very important for the brand in general to expand as much as possible, with a movie comin in a few years, I hope to see the ongoing series to continue and I'd be happy to see a solo series for she-ra/adora together with others incredible stories such as I dont know... "MOTU - PreEternia years" , "Keldor - origin story" , "New Adventures of He-man" and more !
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Heroic Warrior
    I think the dead farmer and his sons will return and kill her...

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't read the comic, but if it's DC canon that she is Hordak's adopted daughter, then I think it would be amazing if she learned her true identity/destiny, and CONTINUED to be Despara to gain intel for the Great Rebellion. She wouldn't lead every attack, so She-Ra could still fight the other invasions, and Despara could always "lose to She-Ra" as well, or have her attacks fail for some reason or another, denying Hordak any future gain.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Until there is a new tv show or movie, I don't see the Masters of the Universe comics being popular enough to spawn a spin-off series. I'd venture She-Ra will be used less once she becomes She-Ra again.
    I disagree with this. The Masters of the Universe comics started off as a mini series to test the waters. It proved successful enough to award an ongoing series. It is perhaps premature to think of a spin-off series, but I think building up Despara as a character and villain will lead to a more succulent transformation. For all points and purposes this first story arc is being used to test the waters for a She-Ra series. If readers enjoy Despara and the Horde enough, then they'll likely follow them back to Etheria in their own series. It would be interesting to see how Despara unfolds as a character - switching from villain to anti-hero to ultimate world savior. That's a story worth reading.

What could possibly happen is that this story arc will come to a close, seeing the Horde defeated and chased back to Etheria. By this point, Despara will have either started turning away from her Horde influences, or have left them completely. Then, a mini series would tell the contemporary "Secret of the Sword" tale, sending He-Man to Etheria to find/rescue a chosen one (please bring Teela'Na back for this!). Maybe he doesn't realize that Adora is the one he seeks. Eventually, Adora discovers her destiny, and takes the opportunity to redeem herself. I too believe that she hides her past identity - He-Man and the rebels might not connect Adora to Despara. Adora uses her She-Ra persona to aid in her personal redemption. But the conflict of carrying the secret of her past will constantly haunt her and the audience. Will she ever reveal this ultimate truth? Will her brother find out? Should she confide in someone about it? The two comics would run parallel, likely crossing over from time to time, and aiding in telling a larger story more often than not.

IF the Despara/Horde story arc and mini series were to not pan out, I don't see them dropping Adora/She-Ra completely. She would at that point become another character in the one comic. Similar to how Captain Marvel has an ongoing sub-series in the back of the Justice League comic, they could do the same with She-Ra, and have her feature in some of her brother's adventures.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Assuming the current comics series continues to prove successful and Despara becomes She-Ra helping to kick the Horde off of Eternia I see DC/Mattel giving She-Ra a shot of her own series. DC is after all dropping the Sword of Sorcery comic starring Amethyst which means there should be one less competing superheroine title out there.

Should the solo series run I see She-Ra and her allies becoming gritty, tougher and possibly darker with the Horde being more fearsome and doing real harm to people than shown in her Filmation Series.

The story could develop from the expulsion of the Horde from Eternia. She-Ra will realise with her experience of command and her insider knowledge of the Horde that they may come back stronger than before and that Eternia is ill-prepared to resist a second invasion. She therefore considers it her duty to atone for past deeds and with her greater knowledge of the outside universe to go out and find allies to join the fight against the Horde. In the process she bids a tearful farewell to her newly discovered twin brother, telling him to keep Eternia and its people safe, to cherish Teela and above all to take care while she is gone.

This leads to two MOTUC comic series.

1. He-Man (& Sorceress Teela) continue their adventures on Eternia.

2. She-Ra travels from one world to another defeating the Horde and others making both new friends and enemies along the way. She could visit:
    • Earth where she briefly joins the Justice League (as this is a DC Comic), reminisces about the Horde in the Batcave, becomes an honorary amazon in Themyscira and gets to briefly cuddle Superman in the Fortress of Solitude.
    • Etheria where she meets old friends, has to seek forgiveness from those she harmed and joins up with He-Man and the Rebellion in a surprise attack to weaken Hordak’s main base and free the planet from Horde rule.
    • Primus where she forms a much needed allegiance with the Galactic Protectors.
    • Silax the famed world of the best hunters, trappers, and warriors in the galaxy where she meets her greatest challenge to date, Huntara the planetary champion.

All would lead to a final climatic battle with the allies against the Horde and with the much over used comic cliché, the future of the universe at stake!

I doubt this would happen but at least it would keep me entertained!
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think Despera/Adora is brainwashed in the new series too. After she tells Shadow Weaver of her dreams and faint memories, Shadow Weaver tells Hordak she begins to remember AGAIN. Hordak then says, when she is re-committed, this will end. So...that sounds like mind wiping and brain washing to me. I guess we'll find out for sure later on though.

Anyway, I see her becoming She-Ra and maybe staying on in the comic (but won't be very prominent). I would LIKE her to be prominent or get her OWN comic. I mean, there's just SO many stories to tell with She-Ra, Etheria, the Horde, the Great Rebellion, and He-Man, the big evil, who the masters are now, etc. It seems like too much story to tell for one book. Especially because each issue has very little story as it is. It's more action with some story. Two comics would work best...with team-ups every now and then, of course!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post

2. She-Ra travels from one world to another defeating the Horde and others making both new friends and enemies along the way. She could visit:
    • Earth where she briefly joins the Justice League (as this is a DC Comic), reminisces about the Horde in the Batcave, becomes an honorary amazon in Themyscira and gets to briefly cuddle Superman in the Fortress of Solitude.
    • Etheria where she meets old friends, has to seek forgiveness from those she harmed and joins up with He-Man and the Rebellion in a surprise attack to weaken Hordak’s main base and free the planet from Horde rule.
    • Primus where she forms a much needed allegiance with the Galactic Protectors.
    • Silax the famed world of the best hunters, trappers, and warriors in the galaxy where she meets her greatest challenge to date, Huntara the planetary champion.

All would lead to a final climatic battle with the allies against the Horde and with the much over used comic cliché, the future of the universe at stake!

I doubt this would happen but at least it would keep me entertained!
    Can you please apply for a job as a writer? I would buy your stories in a heart beat!

EDIT: I had one more idea you could add. One of the Rock Warriors stationed on Etheria comes along to earth her name is Kryptonitia
    Last edited by Niki; May 5, 2013 at 08:53pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    EDIT: I had one more idea you could add.
    Me too. Well two, actually.

She-Ra and a few members of the Great Rebellion leave Etheria with the Star Sisters to go up against the new Big Bad, the Celestial Witch.
    She-Ra briefly teams up with Wonder Woman and the Star Riders.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    I expect to see a spinoff or mini series comic. Also, I'd love to see a MOTUC of Adora as captain of the Evil Horde. Great debut!

I would love too see She-Ra get her own spin off series with a darker tone, show more of Desparas evil ways and just alot more serious and for the mature reader.
    It would b awesome if Adora isnt under a spell n she did this on her own that way she reminds me of Xena so that would be an awesome story there.
    Im just so glad She-Ra has finally made a return coz its been way too many years!
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

today She-Ra is not considered a spin-off I think , it is part of motu and her adventures will be part of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe".
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I'm expecting Despara to have a change of heart after four to five issues, then appear to die stopping the Horde and their invasion by somehow closing their dimensional portals. The Eternians will think she's martyred herself, and she might even go out saying something like "for honor..." And that's how it will appear to end for her until DC maybe gets a She-Ra spin-off started that would pick up on Etheria where Adora lands unbeknownst to any of our Eternian characters. Then all the She-Ra mythology like her sword, the Crystal Castle, and rebellion will be introduced in the She-Ra series without overlapping with the MOTU story arcs. That's my guess for now, with no investment in it being right or not.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think she'll be a semi-regular in the book. We might not see her EVERY issue, but we will see her every now and then every year. If MOTU has annuals or some special issue, we might see She-Ra back-up stories.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Can you please apply for a job as a writer? I would buy your stories in a heart beat!
    Thank you for the kind words.

I love the idea. Unfortunately, my employer has ways of ensuring my loyalty that would make Hordak proud. They also rely on my professional duty to continue working and offer the perk of regular international travel. Intriguingly, they even seem to know when I’ve been approached by another employer, it is as if they have Imp working for them undercover!
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Snappy Threader
    First off, i am a fan of She-Ra. As of right now, i don't believe there will be a spin-off comic, just because I think Mattel wants to make it all one universe and stuff, but, somewhere Etehria will play into it but you never know. I am having trouble understanding so far, how like in the cartoon, Adora thought the Horde was doing good deeds, obviously under a spell, but she didn't really know they were so evil. In the new comic, she is wanting to kill people and everything. I need to read more issues to form an opinion on where they are headed.

One thing in comics and cartoons, especially with She-Ra, that I don't really understand, is the switching sides thing. Even in the old cartoon, would Adora not be facing trials for her crimes? Would she not want to be stand up and say hey I helped to commit these crimes I should bear the consequences....perhaps she did "off screen" so to speak, but idk. Same in G.I. Joe with Storm Shadow. I admit I'm not the G.I. Joe expert I once was, but I don't recall there being a trial so to speak. If I were to go rob a bank, steal a car, then suddenly say "oh hey, I want to be a good guy now"......sure I might get off a bit lighter in punishment, but punishment would still be there. I guess what I am trying to say is maybe in the new comic they have her so evil and doing such evil things, it's hard to imagine her being welcomed with open arms to the good guys after all of the lives she cost Eternia. To be clear, I am pulling for her to join the heroes as she did in the old days of our cartoon youth. But using the "adult perspective" I am interested in seeing how it all goes down.

I see Mattel giving the order to kill her off.

You know the brand manager has been chomping at the bit to make that happen.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    BCR, I agree with you. I really do believe Scott will give the 'all-clear' to kill She-Ra off.

It's confusing though as when fans gave immense credit to Despera, he was the first one to say 'we had lots of input into the design of Despera' etc etc, but then when fans complained of how DC He-Man looks, he immediately said 'we have no input into the DC MOTU comics'

So you have to wonder, which is the actual truth.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"