Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Action Masters of the Universe Targets Jon M. Chu

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I can just see He-Man step'n it up now.

..oh and that's not a complimentary or encouraging statment.

oh boy...
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity! Please, no Prince Adam secret identity!

Interesting. I will reserve my judgement until i have a chance to see GI Joe. At least it's good to see SOME forward movement. I could really care less about his "Step-Up" history. Then again, before he directed Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson was known for a movie about puppets killing and sleeping with each other, so you never know what abilities a director may have previously untapped.

I think some are not seeing the whole picture, a movie will help a lot to the property and that is what most interests me.
    ok Transformers movies are bad, really really bad but they helped the transformers property a lot . two new series, several toys lines ,videogames , children love transformers,all because the movies , I want that with motu.

by te way criticize Jon M. Chu is only prejudice for now.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

It'll be a wait and see. If G.I. Joe Retaliation is pretty good, then Chu as a director for MOTU could be a good thing. No Michael Bay or that other horrible director that ruins video game movies - Uwe Bol (I think thats his name). There are many theories as to why the film was pushed to 2013 - 3D conversion, rewriting of Duke's supposed death, superhero films taking over the Summer, to even politics (terrorist organization taking over the White House in an election year).. but G.I. Joe #2 is looking solid and I'm keeping one positive eye on it with the other ever watchful.

With Chu potentially directing Motu, will Channing Tatum be cast as He-Man?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Tatum might actually make for a good He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho:3088243
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but Tatum might actually make for a good He-Man!
    I think he can be as well, for some odd reason. He is a bankable star now and the movie will draw in much more people, besides sci-fans...the women will line-up like they did for Magic Mike Lol
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    First off...aside from Whedon I'm fully on board with your directors.

Secondly...how do you know he ruined GI Joe? It hasn't come out yet.
    He didn't direct the first one. Stephen Sommers did.
    Because it just looks down right terrible and Roadblock is a ninja commando. Roadblock is NOT a ninja commando. Plus, it is a sequel to one of the worst movies ever made, a movie that makes Transformers Revenge of the Fallen look like The Dark Knight. There is no way the movie can be anywhere near good except when compared to Rise of Cobra. Oh yeah, and the other reason I know it is bad is because they pushed it back a month before its release date by 9 months. That clearly shows they were banking on just it being named GI Joe and having Rock and Willis in there to make its money. If I wanted to, the delay gave me enough time to knock up my girlfriend so my baby could have its first disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Good to see the writers of Predators are the ones still attached to the flick. I know that was announced ages ago, and I guess I just assumed somebody else took over writing duties!
    The writers of Predators? Oh god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I want people who can actually act in my MOTU movie. Not halfassed losers that are given roles for their looks like Sam Worthington and Channing Tatum.

In fact, just get the actors from Game of Thrones for He-Man. Jason Momoa and Emilia Clark would be awesome as He-Man and Teela. Plus, having Sean Bean as Man-At-Arms can mean he will still be able to play a character that will eventually die.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; July 31, 2012 at 02:52am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

http://www.facebook.com/officialjonmchu

Jon M. Chu has an official Facebook and he looks to be accessible. He posted the Deadline article. MOTU stans attack! (with questions)

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post

Well if he do this movie this would be the plot in his head.

There will be no sword fight or physical fight, but dance fight between He-Man and Skeletor.
    It will turned into musical, with some contemporary Pop, Teen Pop & Urban R&B Music.
    Jock (With lack of intelligence and an eye candy male) will be He-Man like Tatum.
    The theme song will not be a tribal or some epic soundtrack but more like Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black'ish theme song.

My point: Do not put teenage comedy like director into Motu Movie.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

He-Man will dance and y'all will deal.

Heroic Warrior
    And so it begins .... MOTU is reimagined for the big screen and cast with flavors of the moment actors who physically are not half the ferocity and stature we associate with the characters popular & iconic looks. The vastness of Eternia will boil down to some CGI enhanced forests in Vancouver B.C. and maybe a desert and some well designed soundstages. Gone is the iron cross. Stakes are non existent in a family film where factions cannot cinematically wage warfare without offscreen kills and bloodless sword fights.

Oh and the best part ... Mattel can KILL Classics because it's bringing a new movie line to stores so it's resources will be focused on both a sub par kid friendly line and a new Movie Masters 'Masters' collector line that is difficult to collect because of non-sensical pack outs and beloved CHASE/VARIANT figures.

But maybe EVERY mistake Hollywood and big toy companies ever made with these kinds of projects won't happen this time. Perhaps this will be the new golden era of film/merchandise driven entertainment and Masters will finally get some mainstream respect ... or not ...

Dolph and company still make me grin ...

Court Magician
    Maybe this guy just landed bad jobs early in his career and the one-year delay for his only major action feature to date is only just a little due to the re-shoots and...

You know what? No. Just no. Can't do this.

Best case scenario: this gets it off the ground and someone else is in charge long before cameras start rolling.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...m-he-man-movie

On IGN as well.
    I do not like this guy's filmography...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Remember that we talked about Justin Bieber as Prince Adam? Your wishes will come true on this subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ets-jon-m-chu-

I know it's not much but at least it's moving forward...sort of.
    You call that moving forward, that's like we are all agree for Uwi Boll to direct the movie.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Heroic Warrior
    Admittedly, I don't know a lot about making movies, but if the script is strong, shouldn't that help keep the director from doing crazy stuff? I know the director has a strong hand, but if we consider G.I. Joe for example, the basic story of the first movie wasn't very good. And it's hard to polish a you-know-what!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Michael Bay presents Jon M. Chu's "He-man: Master of the Universe" with Channing Tatum as Adam Masters, Jessica Biel as Teela, Robert Pattinson as the misunderstood Keldor and Zach Galifianakis as Orko. Bloated special effects, dazzling fencing and Bay-provisational comedy collde! Some summer!

I wouldn't mind Channing Tatum as He-Man.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on his previous films. Recent case in point would be Kevin Tancharoen. His first movie was that FAME remake along with some work with Spears and Madonna. Then he turns around and with money out of his own pocket (and some friends pitching in) dropped that shocker of a short that no one saw coming, MORTAL KOMBAT: REBIRTH on YouTube (which later grew into the MORTAL KOMBAT: LEGACY series).

Guys like Tancharoen and Chu are examples of directors who want to do something else, something AWESOME, but they have to pay their dues first before studios will sign on the dotted line. Chu in interviews said he used to play with the Joe figures and acted out battles with them, so he at least knew the line going in (unlike Bay with TRANSFORMERS). And if he played with Joes, it's possible that he played with MOTU as well (which is highly probable as he was born in 1979).

Of course I'd much rather have Peter Jackson behind the camera for this one, but he's a little busy right now. Now if Guillermo del Toro could do it.......
    Last edited by Obelisk666; July 31, 2012 at 07:57am.
    My MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE RE-DESIGN post: click it because you know you wanna

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I wouldn't mind Channing Tatum as He-Man.
    I'd rather see Dolph reprise the role than have some pretty-boy GQ model type portraying He-Man.

Seriously though, He-Man needs the look of a rugged warrior, not a pretty-boy model.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I'd rather see Dolph reprise the role than have some pretty-boy GQ model type portraying He-Man.

Seriously though, He-Man needs the look of a rugged warrior, not a pretty-boy model.
    The housewives demographic wants Channing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The housewives demographic wants Channing.
    Ok. Cast him as Keldor so his face has 2 minutes of screen time before it's melted by acid. Then have someone cooler play Skeletor.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

There are only four directors that should be allowed to touch MOTU. Peter Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, Joss Whedon, or Chris Nolan. Jon Chu wrecked GI Joe, we do not need him to **** up MOTU.

- - - Updated - - -

That is like saying poop with hot fudge tastes better than poop with urine. In the end, poop is still poop. You can only go up from Rise of Cobra, but that does not mean Retaliation is going to be good as a movie.
    Tarantino?!?!?! for a He-Man movie?? I just CAN'T see it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by EatTheseCrackers View Post
    Michael Bay presents Jon M. Chu's "He-man: Master of the Universe" with Channing Tatum as Adam Masters, Jessica Biel as Teela, Robert Pattinson as the misunderstood Keldor and Zach Galifianakis as Orko. Bloated special effects, dazzling fencing and Bay-provisational comedy collde! Some summer!
    Oh my..... sounds absurd, but this could actually happen. Mattel has shot down so many scripts already, I'm hoping it means they actually care what happens with this project and wouldn't let that happen. But hey, it's Mattel. They are terrible with story development.