Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Action Masters of the Universe Targets Jon M. Chu

Oh yeah get in July and they'll be golden. Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises, a couple of Harry Potter films I believe have all been huge in July. And if you can release right before 4th of July in NA, even better! However if MOTU could open, say two weeks after Transformers, that could help build the 80s nostalgia buzz.
    Last edited by skelethon; August 4, 2012 at 07:15pm.

July is surprisingly sparse so far... That'd be a cool place for it to be slotted in.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Honestly, from what little I've heard of Guardians of the Galaxy (an admittedly, that's very little) it serves some of the same sort of gonzo wonkyness that MOTU boasts. Because of that, I would rather have MOTU not up against it. Perhaps in July a few weeks prior to X-Men would be a good time!

One thing we have to factor in here, though, is the importance of the international box-office. In recent years, the international box-office has grown ridiculously huge, particuarly Asia, Russia and Latin America. Pretty much, summer blockbusters make the majority of their money overseas nowadays.

For example, Transformers 4 may take a further hit domestically because DOTM grossed the least amount of the series in North America. However, the overseas gross pushed it to making well over one billion dollars. So Transformers 4 will no doubt make a killing overseas, too. I’m just using that film as an example. MOTU could work against Transformers 4 in America if it were to open about a week later, just in time for the 4th July holiday. But how would it fair against Transformers internationally?

It’s funny, though, I can’t believe no studio has booked the 4th July holiday yet. Quite weird.

hmm july looks interesting but maybe is too late i think.

ok maybe August is a month weakest of the summer season but still movies builds up good money for that month.
    it's a quietest month but this is one reason why I think that is a great month for the movie.
    the other reason is the international box office, in this case does not affect the month, this could raise a lot of money.

i'd like to know What successful films were released in August (and their box office)
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; August 4, 2012 at 09:11pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

^ Rise of the Planet of the Apes came out last August. That did very well, indeed.

It might be worth noting, rumors have it that The Hobbit part three will be in theaters summer 2014. I really wouldn't want to see MOTU going up against a Peter Jackson directed Middle Earth film!

MOTU has an script sales entry on sellascript.com

Scroll down.

http://www.sellascript.com/source/sales.cfm

Is this a legit website? I’ve never heard of it. This is the synopsis they’ve given the script:

The story takes place on an alternate world called Eternia, where a prince named Adam has a sword that transforms him into the musclebound hero He-Man.

Mike Finch and Alex Litvak are the screenwriters who wrote Predators! Cool !

This Chu story broke almost two weeks ago. Anybody know if they've reached an agreement? Seems like no news is not good news here.

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    This Chu story broke almost two weeks ago. Anybody know if they've reached an agreement? Seems like no news is not good news here.
    I donít know if theyíd make another official announcement if he got the job. Itís a bit like Jonathan Liebesman entering ďtalksĒ to direct Ninja Turtles. Thatís all we heard, though, no actual official announcement, just that he had entered talks to direct it. Next thing we know, itís official that he got the job, even though the studio released no press release. Iím guessing it might be the same here. Although I think the fact that Chu himself linked to the Deadline article on his personal Facebook page speaks volumes, as well as Escape Artists. Iím almost sure heís going to get the job.

Iím guessing we wonít hear anything else for at least another month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    It might be worth noting, rumors have it that The Hobbit part three will be in theaters summer 2014. I really wouldn't want to see MOTU going up against a Peter Jackson directed Middle Earth film!
    Which is an incredibly aggressive and hostile move by WB. Why not just stick to December? I hope they change their minds and go back to December. Of course, MOTU could take the December spot if they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    Mike Finch and Alex Litvak are the screenwriters who wrote Predators! Cool !
    Really? That's cool? I didn't like Predators. To each his own I guess.
    Last edited by VZX; August 11, 2012 at 07:40pm.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I didn't like Preditors either.

..they forgot the two silable name character format,,

"Dillon!!",, "Billy!!",,

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Which is an incredibly aggressive and hostile move by WB. Why not just stick to December? I hope they change their minds and go back to December. Of course, MOTU could take the December spot if they don’t.
    I doubt it, or at least according to the rumors, WB agreed to fund a third movie on the CONDITION that they could use it as a summer tent pole.

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    in my opinion he is already the director of the movie ,the "talks" is just a formality, I don't think we'll have a news like "jon chu confirmed as director," the next news we're going to have is a confirmation of the film.
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I doubt it, or at least according to the rumors, WB agreed to fund a third movie on the CONDITION that they could use it as a summer tent pole.
    The presence of The Hobbit could really put a dampener on things, more internationally than domestically. He-Man can have the December spot, then. I think its something worth considering. December is a fantastic time to release big films, as films released in that month have the best legs.

I still think itís a bad move by WB, though. Quite aggressive, as I said.

Widget
    They should make the movie and release it the end of May or sometime early jun. But i would like to see marvel take the control ovet MOTU they so far seem to be the only ones that can take a movie from the comic's and not put to many changes on it to keep what made the comic's great... Also it would be awsome from marvel to take he-man and run with it like they did with thee avengers charactors would be awsome.. and also do the same thing with voltron,thundercats and so on would be really awsome to see all these childhood fav's become a big saga collection of movie's

Well, talking about release dates......The Hobbit 3 has been given a July 18th 2014 release date. So, seeing as it will be the third film and a very big event I think July is out of the question. Only fools would open a potential franchise starter in the path of The Hobbit. December 2014 is now a free hot spot. Let’s hope Sony book it before anyone else has the chance to.

I bet it will be released in early Spring or late Winter, the wasteland of movie releases. With the exception of Hunger Games, no movie does well in that season. But it might see some life as a cult hit on video, if it is received well enough.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

December is a very desirable release window, particularly for tentpoles and family films in general. Releases in December also have an even bigger advantage, in that movies released in that month have the longest legs of films released anytime. If it is secluded enough, it could be huge in December. Anyway, if worst comes to the worst, there's always summer 2015.......

what if we make a little noise again on escape artits facebook with mass messages . this time by pressing on the release date,it's time for that.

https://www.facebook.com/EscapeArtistsEnt
    MOTULA.ORG

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    what if we make a little noise again on escape artits facebook with mass messages . this time by pressing on the release date,it's time for that.

https://www.facebook.com/EscapeArtistsEnt
    Well i doubt you will get one this year i mean respond. Maybe entirely something else (in my opinion they are far away from date decision)

We’d be better off hounding Jon Chu and Devon Franklin on Twitter.

Heroic Warrior
    No way they make a deal with Jon Chu until after the release of GI JOE 2. Don't hold your breath.

John Stevenson was attached to direct this. Now he's doing the sequel to Gnomeo and Juliet.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk