Plot/pacing: New Star Trek
    Violence level: Harry Potter/LOTR
    Creature effects: Narnia and Hellboy
    Primitive barbarian vs. technology: John Carter/Avatar
    Look of Zodak: Gatekeeper guy in Thor
    Look of RamMan: Juggernaut in X3
    Teela: Absolutely, positively Jessica Biel

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah no. Eternia should look nothing at all like Pandora.

Movie shouldn't resemble John carter either.

None of that is really groundwork laid for Jon Chu. Sure those are elements you would maybe want to inspire the movie, but none of that is really groundwork.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

To me, you can’t beat Filmation’s Eternia. It was packed full of character and style. The MYP’s Eternia just looked very bland and generic.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I try to conceive of how ,I, would make a Masters movie, on earth, using enviroment available and I can think of a key thought, that earth real locations could be used if there was certain things put in the enviroment, like trees and rocks that could look almost like earth real plants and rocks, but a bit different and significant things like flowers that grow out of a rock instead of soil, or purple trees, or giant mushrooms.

..just how my brain works.

Heroic Warrior
    If this Jon Chu (had to google him) directs it, it will be absolute trash. It will be everything I DO NOT want it to be. Based on his previous work, he seems like a corporate yes man and hey, I saw the trailer for GI Joe Retaliation (first one really stunk too). Enough said.

But hey, it's going to suck no matter who makes it. MOTU, as cool as it is, is still nothing more than a commercial property to those who own it. So it's all going to be about the biggest crap stars, CGI, Slurpee cups, etc.

Hollywood doesn't make movies that stand the test of time anymore. As long as it makes money opening week, they don't care if it ends up in the bargain bin.

I think it goes beyond money.
    I have had alot of disgust for all the stupid crap movies that keep coming out and the best actors are 90 yrs old and computer animaters dont get first credit for making 80% of the video, and so on.

..But it is something to think on how one projects thought on creation of a movie, that first suttle wondering that there is anyone out there that deserves the effort and beauty of a good movie.

..Oh, and positivily thinking, the future would enentualy produce the best movies ever made, and possibly before the pirates and 2-faced eilite burn hollywood to the ground, to make way for the zombie appocalipse.

Simple. (I wonder who could do it right?)

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Yeah no. Eternia should look nothing at all like Pandora.

Movie shouldn't resemble John carter either.

None of that is really groundwork laid for Jon Chu. Sure those are elements you would maybe want to inspire the movie, but none of that is really groundwork.

By "GROUNDWORK" I don't mean that he should edit Pandora out of Avatar and paste it into a MOTU movie. I'm just saying that the idea that a MOTU world won't work on screen has no merit. The movies I mentioned have tackled some of the problems of bringing MOTU to life and shown that it can be done well.
    You just need a director with creativity, and passion for what he is doing.
    If they stick to a few core characters, stay true to the MOTU canon, they don't need made-up bad-guys and over the top special effects and action scenes with no heart. (Battleship, GI Joe)

Chu is open to Dolph having a cameo in the new MOTU movie.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...niverse-reboot
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

A fan, not a nostalgic
    A cameo of Dolph Lundgren in the new movie? I hope it's a flashback scene and he plays King Grayskull.

Well, at least he’s still talking about it. A Dolph cameo would be great and a nice little nod. He also said this, from heyuguys.com:
    I’m working on the movie right now and it is fun. I love the fact that I have a whole world to play with, I love that challenge. Tonally it’s very tough to do but trying to figure all that out is what I love about film making.
    Not much. We'll see in the coming months. I think we should know by the summer whether or not the film will go ahead.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Well, at least he’s still talking about it. A Dolph cameo would be great and a nice little nod. He also said this, from heyuguys.com:

Not much. We'll see in the coming months. I think we should know by the summer whether or not the film will go ahead.
    Looking forward to GI Joe: Retaliation in 10 days! Heard lots of positive reviews about it so far. I would love for a live action MOTU movie to be made!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Chu is open to Dolph having a cameo in the new MOTU movie.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...niverse-reboot

THIS IS A GREAT NEWS Dolph Lundgren he's made for that role. Now we need Langella for Skeletor

This part went unnoticed I guess:

Masters of the Universe follows Prince Adam, who transforms into a warrior called He-Man and becomes the last hope for a magical land called Eternia, ravaged by technology and the evil Skeletor. The reboot is being written by Richard Wenk, no casting or release date have been announced.
    So the guys from Predators are out and this guy has even worse credits as a writer... man...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

..I could write and direct..?

..(throwing my name out there)

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    This part went unnoticed I guess:

So the guys from Predators are out and this guy has even worse credits as a writer... man...
    It’s been known since October. I don't think it’s a whole new script; it is a rewrite of the draft from the Predators writers. He wrote the script for the upcoming 'The Equalizer' starring Denzel Washington. Apparently that's why Sony and Escape Artists asked him to work on MOTU, because they were so impressed what he did with that. We'll see.

"refining the script " are the exact words (according jon chu)

Devon Franklin said : "jon chu is on board working on the script"
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Always nice to get some updates on this.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

He doesn't know what Lundgren is doing? How can a big Hollywood director not know about imdb? Also, how can he not hear about the Expendables movies?

I just hope that his Gi Joe is good...
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Here is an article from a UK website. Make a few more references and a little speculation.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/jon-m-chu-...xpected-cameo/

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    He doesn't know what Lundgren is doing? How can a big Hollywood director not know about imdb? Also, how can he not hear about the Expendables movies?
    Yeah, I found that statement a bit weird. The Expendable films were both pretty big affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, I found that statement a bit weird. The Expendable films were both pretty big affairs.
    I took it more as... "if he's available... I don't know what he's up to (project wise)." Expendibles 3 and a spin-off film are both in the works so chances are Lungren is at least a little busy and that could prevent his appearance. Or I could be making all of this assumption up!

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Dolph Lungren for Skeletor..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Dolph Lungren for Skeletor..!!
    Lol! We need someone who can act to be Skeletor... not just someone who looks old.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Lol! We need someone who can act to be Skeletor... not just someone who looks old.
    For sure. some real cool 40 something actor to make the age flow nicely.

Lungren can act, he's very good at it, he has been in alot of movies, alot of different movies, playing different rolls and doing it seamlessly well.

..(..of course this thread is about Chu, and I question his acting history immeasurably more)