Thread: How would you want the MOTU movie figures handled ....

How would you want the MOTU movie figures handled ....

While i love MOTUC i think i would like to see Movie Masters versions of the MOTU characters ?

what about you ?

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'd like to see figures done in the style of NECA movie figures... Realistic and movie accurate sculpt, 6-7" scale, solid paint, not much articulation to avoid "destruction" of the sculpt, 17-19$ retail price... Basically, I'd like them to be done by NECA, I'd buy every single variant! But it won't happen...
    I am more than MAN..., more than LIFE..., I AM A GOD!!! And now.. you.. will.. kneel... KNEEL!!!!

My toy collection

My Deviant Art

A fan, not a nostalgic
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    While i love MOTUC i think i would like to see Movie Masters versions of the MOTU characters ?

what about you ?
    Oh yes, I'd love to see a MOTU movie figure line. If the new figures have action features, more detail than MOTUC, and are sold in regular stores to keep the price low, I'd definitely buy some.

Guess i'll have to be a dissenting voice on this. I would like the movie figures to be smaller scale (what, is 3.75 inches the standard?). I think the movie figures ought to #1 be as different from the classics as possible, and #2 be specifically designed with a mass market, children's toy market appeal rather then a collector's market appeal.

On the MOTUC buck. That is pretty much the only way I am going to be interested in movie figures. With the exception of Star Wars, there has never been a toy line where I liked the movie figures.

A fan, not a nostalgic
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I think the movie figures ought to #1 be as different from the classics as possible, and #2 be specifically designed with a mass market, children's toy market appeal rather then a collector's market appeal.
    This man speaketh the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    Guess i'll have to be a dissenting voice on this. I would like the movie figures to be smaller scale (what, is 3.75 inches the standard?). I think the movie figures ought to #1 be as different from the classics as possible, and #2 be specifically designed with a mass market, children's toy market appeal rather then a collector's market appeal.
    Very noble thought man, but i don't think kids and collector toy lines have to be exclusive, love at Avengers or Spider-man, star wars, JLU, Ninja turtles, transformers ...It can be done!

I say mass market them in the 3.75" scale in retail, but then have the movie designs on the MotUC buck to be sold on mattycollector. That way it's win-win!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX:3098966
    I say mass market them in the 3.75" scale in retail, but then have the movie designs on the MotUC buck to be sold on mattycollector. That way it's win-win!
    I agree 100%.

The dc movie lines are in scale with the other dc lines (standard 6inch) so motu movie should follow suit and make them using the motuc bucks. That way they can squeeze into the line other characters from across motu and not just the movie. Marvel and G.I. Joe have done this with their lines whenever a movie is out. That way we can expand our collection even more.
    Last edited by Count Judas; August 9, 2012 at 02:12am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I agree 100%.

The dc movie lines are in scale with the other dc lines (standard 6inch) so motu movie should follow suit and make them using the motuc bucks. That way they can squeeze into the line other characters from across motu and not just the movie. Marvel and G.I. Joe have done this with their lines whenever a movie is out. That way we can expand our collection even more.
    I'm with you on this.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the figures should either be like the MOTUC or the new Power Attack Batman line Mattel is doing which are nice sized figures and at a decent price. Either way I think Mattel can and should skip the whole actors likeness thing.

Widget
    I would want to see the figures look like the premium format figures from sideshow, were they are an almost exact look of the charactor's extremely life like and around 12inch tall.. that would be awsome