Thread: So is this movie dead again?

So is this movie dead again?

No news = dead, to me.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Not dead, ''zombie.

..zombie appocolipse.

...(more like un-dead)

Um, have you been keeping tabs over the last month or so?

Look at the date: http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/jon-...niverse-talks/

Also, one of the producers, Todd Black, conducted an audio interview from July and he said that, all being well, they'll be shooting it next year. So I guess they're aiming for a 2014 release. Here's the thread discussing that: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cer-Todd-Black
    Last edited by Krueger; September 8, 2012 at 11:25am.

@Eternian-King Paul, that's the best description I've heard
    @Krueger, of course. That's my point. The latest developments were from months ago. The discussion thread has no new news that I've read... just lots of speculation, questions, and wishes.

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

The July interview was not that long ago. If they are in the pre-production phase that was discussed there would not be much news for the public, regardless of the wants of hardcore fans.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The story about Jon Chu was from the 30th July. Also, in that article, it says that talks have "just begun". It’s also worth noting that the Deadline article says the film is in "high gear". I really think this could be it. My assumption is that we will probably hear something more concrete by the end of this year. Jon Chu has probably got the job. Either that, or it’s his job to lose. He's doing reshoots sometime between now and December for GI Joe 2. But for the producer to say production should begin next year is a pretty big sign that this thing could finally get made.

OK. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks.

Theyre not going to talk about a movie thats being made.

If a movie was good, then it wouldnt matter when it comes out or what they say about it, people will want audio commentary and features after that too.

..but when they make crappy movies, they have to be all about the release time, so that hype cradles the movie in and out of theatres.

..they dont talk about the movie before, and no one cares about how it was made later.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Theyre not going to talk about a movie thats being made.
    umm pardon, i think there is a multitude of sites, magazines, tv shows and companys that are willing to disprove that

of course they are going to talk about a movie thats being made, otherwise there would be no interest in the film at all from the general public
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    umm pardon, i think there is a multitude of sites, magazines, tv shows and companys that are willing to disprove that

of course they are going to talk about a movie thats being made, otherwise there would be no interest in the film at all from the general public

Agreed. Now that we live in the Internet age there are very few movies that go into production quietly.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Oh, in this day and age, especially if you frequent the Internet, it’s actually nigh impossible to not know next to everything about a film before it’s released. Fanboy-centric films, which is obviously what MOTU will be, get it even worse.

I love how people get excited about "rumors" about a movie being made or not made until we see a script or a trailer that's when we know we are getting a movie until then...

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Agreed. Now that we live in the Internet age there are very few movies that go into production quietly.
    Few is true. Case-in-point: Curse of Chucky just went into production! http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94393

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I love how people get excited about "rumors" about a movie being made or not made until we see a script or a trailer that's when we know we are getting a movie until then...
    None of them are "rumours". Particularly the audio interview with the producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    None of them are "rumours". Particularly the audio interview with the producer.
    Did anything happen with this?? No then it's hearsay...

..do zombies need to eat brains, or do they have the ability to eat any flesh, but are intellegent enough to know that theres nice soft protein in the brain?

,(I'm just curious.)

Heroic Warrior
    It's meaningless. Chu's movie got delayed because the studio didn't have faith in it to release it over the summer.

This movie has had directors attached before. It means nothing until Sony is ready to put money into it. Studios don't want to endorse properties like this right now because they are so volatile. Even the MOTUC line is about on its deathbed.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    ..do zombies need to eat brains, or do they have the ability to eat any flesh, but are intellegent enough to know that theres nice soft protein in the brain?

,(I'm just curious.)

I think they are fine with the flesh, and getting to eat brains is dumb luck. Kind of like eating a cupcake and finding a sweet surprise in the middle.

..I agree.

,oh, and Schwarzenegger for King Randor.