Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huffington Post Article of "Dream Cast"

Huffington Post Article of "Dream Cast"

Here is today's article on Huffington Post about one of their writers dream cast for the new movie. Enjoy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_1724967.html
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Not sure I agree with all the choices, but hey getting it out there is good.

I cant believe people are like noo don't touch the Dolph Lundgren movie. How can you improve on that? Um, how could you NOT improve on it? The thing is crap in my opinion and not even MOTU.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Pretty good choices all around. I can't see Hemsworth working as He-man though (great as he'd be) because he's so associated with Thor.

I actually like most of the choices. Great idea about The Hemsworth brothers playing Adam/He-Man. Also would love to see Christoph Waltz as Skeletor, he would be awesome!

Of course, actual movie will probably have 2-3 names everyone knows about and the rest would be lesser known actors.

I can't see Guy Pearce coming onboard for a lesser part such as Man-E-Faces. Peter Dinklage is my favorite actors on Game of Thrones and it would be a shame to not let him have clever lines to say so not sure if he works for Ram-Man for me.

I do agree that Chris Hemsworth could be a good fit. Possibly have him film as a skinny guy for the Adam scenes clean shaven, fair skinned, dirty blond hair and have him bulk up, dye hair lighter, get more tan for the He-Man scenes assuming we get a transformation sequence.

I think Chris Hemsworth would be the perfect He-man as well....some of the other choices....not so much.

Chris Hemsworth already has carved himself out a reputation as Thor, who is too close to He-Man. It would feel like Thor in a MOTU movie, so no. As for Ram-Man, I don't want someone small for him, I want someone huge and rotund! He needs to have that mass to knock things over, ala Juggernaught!. I like Guy Richie, but that's just because he's awesome. Cristoph Waltz is as good as anyone for Skeletor. Adam, don't know who I would see as him IF he's a different actor then He-Man. I could see either route working.

The younger Hemsworth brother should be Adam/He-Man. I think we're all going to have to get used to the fact that He-Man and Adam will probably be played by the same person. Also, he’s exactly the right age. As for Ram-Man, no disrespect, but Ram-Man should not be a dwarf. Don't really know how they came to that conclusion. Is it because he was shorter than everybody else in the Filmation cartoon? Also, Skeletor should be played by Michael Sheen. No one else. He was born to play that role.

Another thing, their choices for Man At Arms and Teela make me laugh. Are they aware that Man At Arms is Teela's father?

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The younger Hemsworth brother should be Adam/He-Man. I think we're all going to have to get used to the fact that He-Man and Adam will probably be played by the same person. Also, he’s exactly the right age. As for Ram-Man, no disrespect, but Ram-Man should not be a dwarf. Don't really know how they came to that conclusion. Is it because he was shorter than everybody else in the Filmation cartoon? . . . Another thing, their choices for Man At Arms and Teela make me laugh. Are they aware that Man At Arms is Teela's father?
    I agree. People who are concerned about Adam and He-Man being played by the same actor should consider that the differences between Adam and He-Man can be exaggerated as with Steve Rogers and Captain America in The First Avenger and the average-size actors who were made into dwarves for Snow White and the Huntsman.

Why not get rid off Adam and secret identity angle altogether, it worked for the 1987 movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I cant believe people are like noo don't touch the Dolph Lundgren movie. How can you improve on that? Um, how could you NOT improve on it? The thing is crap in my opinion and not even MOTU.
    I think it's a great movie and for me personally it's more important than the Filmation cartoon. The only negative about that movie is that the biggest part is on Earth. All the Eternia scenes were awesome.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I think they needed to swap their Olivia's: Olivia Wilde as Evil-Lyn (not Teela) and Olivia Munn as Teela (not Evil-Lyn). Both of them would be great reasons to watch the movie!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    i like some of the ideas, but here's what I'd be thinking:

King Grayskull - Triple H

King Randor - Dolph Lundgren
    Queen Marlena - Courteney Cox
    Adam/He-Man - Liam Hemsworth
    Duncan - Karl Urban (great call... but would he do it?)
    Teela - Olivia Wilde (6 years older than Liam... too old?)
    Ram-Man - Ray Stevenson

Skeletor - Hugo Weaving
    Evil-Lyn - Olivia Munn
    Beast Man - Tyler Mane
    Tri klops - Luke Hemsworth (Can also buy him as Fisto or Duncan)

Olivia Wilde as Evil-Lyn is a great idea! I love the Hemsworth brothers as Adam/He-Man, but it will never happen.

Widget
    I for one like Skeletor's cartoonish cackling.

Widget
    Alright. I'm gonna throw my hand into dream casting this movie. Since this article only had maybe 3 reasonable cast choices.

King Randor - Dolph Lundgren (Totally agreeing with most of the masses here on this choice. Pass the torch Dolph.)
    Queen Marlena - Uma Thurman (Why not?)
    The Sorceress - Kate Beckensale (I believe this is the best choice for the role. She could pull off the regal type omnipotent protector)
    Teela - Natalie Portman (Sorry folks, but in an odd fashion I believe she could pull of Teela and be a love interest type for Liam's Adam)
    Prince Adam - Liam Hemsworth (Kinda hinted this in my Teela selection, but this is one of the only credible choices the article made)
    He-Man - Chris Hemsworth (I am totally down for the brothers handling the transformation. This would feel appropriate and incredible)
    Skeletor - Dwayne Johnson (I may get flack for this, but he did enough of a good bad guy in Doom even though that movie sucked hardcore. Let's give him a shot to do it right here.)
    Man At Arms - Vin Diesel (It's Vin. Nuff said. lol)
    Man E Faces - Ryan Reynolds (His action creds and his humor capabilities could really work for a guy with literally multiple personalities.)
    Beast Man - Andy Serkis (This is where I switch one of the articles choices for what I feel would be more realistic than Orko. Come on folks, this is Orko not Jar Jar lol)
    Tri Klops - Linden Ashby (This guy can do action and really fight. He did the Johnny Cage role very well, and I think they could put Klops in this trait for sure)
    Stratos - Sean Connery (The way I see it, if MYP could barrage us with the vocal similarities, might as well CG the Avion defender and give him the real thing for voice)
    Ram Man - Michael Madsen (He was a brute enforcer in most of his movies. It makes enough sense here.)
    Orko - Mark Hamill (This is in no way meant to insult Mark. But I feel he could bring admirable qualities to Orko. And could very well give him a better reputation.)
    Evil Lyn - Anne Hathaway (She was mad brilliant in Dark Knight and she wasn't even fully evil in that. Let's unleash her inner evil and see a great role again.)

And absolutely not on Jess Biel being She-Ra. I wouldn't be able to fully stomach the movie if that happened.

I'd like many actors of Spartacus series in the film, especially viva "Ilithyia " bianca as evil-lyn spartacusV_s1e4_ilithyia.jpg

also i'd like michael biehn as duncan220px-Mbiehn.jpg
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    Half of those characters won't need to be cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Half of those characters won't need to be cast.
    You know something, don't you?

I do find it quite concerning when you say half of those characters won't need to be cast. There aren't actually that many there. I hope you were exaggerating. Of course, I fully expect that He-Man/Adam will be played by the same actor, as going by a previous audio interview with Alex Litvak from two years ago it seems that they've got rid of the secret identity aspect. I'm assuming that Orko, Ram-Man and Man-E-Faces aren't in it. The other characters, though, are pretty much must-haves.
    Last edited by Krueger; August 15, 2012 at 08:57pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey, man. Sorry. Didn't mean to be snippy. Just fooling around is all. I don't know any more than the next person.

Hey, man. Sorry. Didn't mean to be snippy. Just fooling around is all. I don't know any more than the next person.
    Alright, sorry. I've never been very good at reading jokes and sarcasm on forums. I see that both of our posts have been deleted.

Heroic Warrior
    It's just my guess that because of the way movies need to be told that you won't see characters that we think of as major and indispensible to the film. It will be a tight group like the first film. So if you look at Skeletor's major crew: Beast Man, Mer-Man, Evil-lyn, Tri-Klops and Trapjaw, I think you'll see some but not all and the choice of who gets dropped will be cause for controversy. Also, you know there will be a new villain or two thrown in. My guess--and it is only a guess--is that either Beast Man or Evil-Lyn will be dropped since both were in the previous movie and the screenwriters, Mattel and the studio will naturally be inclined to want to distance themselves from using the same group. They won't be able to help themselves.

I'd say tolerate it. Tolerate it and hope they pop up in the sequel or, better yet, the fourth sequel!

Then, sadly, I think you'll see major relationships and canon changed and ignored. I say "sadly" because the fan base might not like it if people's origins are altered or large parts of the canon interchanged with one another. But I think we need to prepare for that. For instance, you know they'll deal with Keldor but how likely is it that he'll be a half gar, who gravitates to the wrong mentor who saves his life after his attack on his half-brother the crown prince goes wrong by merging him with an extra-dimensional being? If they do an origin story they will simplify or change that.

We all need to be ready to go with it.

Hrmm, i like Michael Biehn as MAA. I like the two olivias as originally pitched, with Munn as Evil-Lyn and Wilde as Teela.

But for the love of all that's holy, NO FREAKING WRASSLERS! Wrestlers by and large stink a movie up. With the exception of Dwayne Johnson, who can actually act a bit, most of them just suck in any kind of speaking, non total meathead role. I'd also prefer if they keep Dolph Lundgren far, far away from it.

I think Michael Sheen as pitched for Skeletor has been the best casting pitch for a MOTU movie that I've heard.

Heroic Warrior
    I do wonder how they'll make everyone be inhumanely big and muscular. Can they do that with CGI now? Would they?

I do wonder how they'll make everyone be inhumanely big and muscular. Can they do that with CGI now? Would they?
    Man i hope not! I think they should be muscular, but not freakishly so.