Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huffington Post Article of "Dream Cast"

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    It's just my guess that because of the way movies need to be told that you won't see characters that we think of as major and indispensible to the film. It will be a tight group like the first film. So if you look at Skeletor's major crew: Beast Man, Mer-Man, Evil-lyn, Tri-Klops and Trapjaw, I think you'll see some but not all and the choice of who gets dropped will be cause for controversy. Also, you know there will be a new villain or two thrown in. My guess--and it is only a guess--is that either Beast Man or Evil-Lyn will be dropped since both were in the previous movie and the screenwriters, Mattel and the studio will naturally be inclined to want to distance themselves from using the same group. They won't be able to help themselves.

I'd say tolerate it. Tolerate it and hope they pop up in the sequel or, better yet, the fourth sequel!

Then, sadly, I think you'll see major relationships and canon changed and ignored. I say "sadly" because the fan base might not like it if people's origins are altered or large parts of the canon interchanged with one another. But I think we need to prepare for that. For instance, you know they'll deal with Keldor but how likely is it that he'll be a half gar, who gravitates to the wrong mentor who saves his life after his attack on his half-brother the crown prince goes wrong by merging him with an extra-dimensional being? If they do an origin story they will simplify or change that.

We all need to be ready to go with it.
    I agree mostly, although I think Skeletor's crew will stick to the main ones. Meaning, I'm sure Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Trap-Jaw and Tri-Klops will feature. Mer-Men, though, I'm not sure of. I've always thought of him as the more expendable one. In the audio interview I mentioned earlier with Alex Litvak, he does name-drop Tri-Klops being in his script. So we know, unless he's been taken out since, he'll probably be in the film.

Luckily, he also says that Battle-Cat is in it and that he and Adam have a really good relationship. In the same interview he alludes to something that will undoubtedly be the biggest change and subsequently the biggest pill to swallow. I'm pretty sure there will be no secret-identity in the film. Adam is basically going to be Adam throughout. I think that's the most controversial aspect the movie could have.

Here’s a link to the audio interview. It’s from July 2010, so just after he and Mike Finch were hired. It’s near the end, just after he talks about The Three Musketeers: http://mediap1.roadkast.com/moviefea...lex-Litvak.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I'm pretty sure there will be no secret-identity in the film. Adam is basically going to be Adam throughout. I think that's the most controversial aspect the movie could have.
    Adam was Adam throughout in the Justin Marks script, and I thought it worked rather well, whatever other problems that script DID have.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I think the real trick to getting the difference between Adam and He-Man is to get how he can transform and 'if' he can transform back.

The secret identity thing is basically the same as superman or spiderman if they can change back anytime.

Its never been done, but if He-Man was a very solid choice, and turning back required bigger or different magic, then He-Man can just be Adam as a bigger dude.

..Also I see She-Ra as a growth of change, that she becomes She-Ra over time and also can not easily turn back without bigger or different magic.

Dragons perhaps have this magic.

Heroic Warrior
    Peter Dinklage as Ram Man? Are you kidding me a horrible crack list.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk