Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: What does the term "Jetlag" mean?

  1. #1
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385

    What does the term "Jetlag" mean?

    Recently I've seen the term Flimation/Jetlag, thrown around here. And I have. No idea what it means. Is it an overseas term or something.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  2. #2
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,426
    Jetlag is the animation company that produced the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon. Mattel purchased the Jetlag rights at the same time as the Filmation rights.

    Fandom-wise, it also means the NA cartoon only characters like Master Sebrian, Crita, Mara, Drissi, Caz and the Primus Scientists.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  3. #3
    Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dark Hemisphere - Texas Region
    Posts
    3,133
    It's also that tired feeling you get after watching an episode of New Adventures....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

  4. #4
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Jetlag is the animation company that produced the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon. Mattel purchased the Jetlag rights at the same time as the Filmation rights.

    Fandom-wise, it also means the NA cartoon only characters like Master Sebrian, Crita, Mara, Drissi, Caz and the Primus Scientists.
    Thanks that clears up a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    It's also that tired feeling you get after watching an episode of New Adventures....
    Haha.......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  5. #5
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    8,120
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Jetlag is the animation company that produced the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon. Mattel purchased the Jetlag rights at the same time as the Filmation rights.

    Fandom-wise, it also means the NA cartoon only characters like Master Sebrian, Crita, Mara, Drissi, Caz and the Primus Scientists.
    Yep, although Mara did have a prototype figure.

  6. #6
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,451
    As for the reason why it was named 'Jetlag', I thought I'd give a little explanation. Jetlag Productions was started by Jean Chalopin after he sold DIC Entertainment to Andy Heyward. I was Jetlag's first writer and wrote many episodes of many series for Jean, just as I had for him and Andy during my years on staff at DIC.

    Jean lived in France at the time, but also had a home in Los Angeles. Additionally, he was frequently flying back and forth between L.A. and his KKC&D Animation Studios in Tokyo as well as to secondary studios in South Korea. With so much of his time spend aloft, 'Jetlag' was a natural choice for the name of his new venture.

  7. #7
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,923
    Jack can you shed any light on how and why the NA He-man cartoon became part of the Filmation library? Was that question ever answered?
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  8. #8
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,451
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Jack can you shed any light on how and why the NA He-man cartoon became part of the Filmation library? Was that question ever answered?
    Sorry, blackiecats, but I can't help you with that.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior LemonLimeGygor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    American Canyon, California
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Jack can you shed any light on how and why the NA He-man cartoon became part of the Filmation library? Was that question ever answered?
    They're both owned by Classic Media, when Mattel got the Filmation rights they also got the Jetlag rights.

  10. #10
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    Jetlag now makes so much sense thanks jack.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    As for the reason why it was named 'Jetlag', I thought I'd give a little explanation. Jetlag Productions was started by Jean Chalopin after he sold DIC Entertainment to Andy Heyward. I was Jetlag's first writer and wrote many episodes of many series for Jean, just as I had for him and Andy during my years on staff at DIC.

    Jean lived in France at the time, but also had a home in Los Angeles. Additionally, he was frequently flying back and forth between L.A. and his KKC&D Animation Studios in Tokyo as well as to secondary studios in South Korea. With so much of his time spend aloft, 'Jetlag' was a natural choice for the name of his new venture.

    Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks.

  12. #12
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonLimeGygor View Post
    They're both owned by Classic Media, when Mattel got the Filmation rights they also got the Jetlag rights.
    That wasn't the question that I asked. I asked how and why the NA He-Man cartoon became part of the Filmation library. When Entertainment Rights (now Classic Media) bought the Filmation library from Hallmark Entertainment, the NA cartoon was included among the Filmation shows... we can only assume that the cartoon rights for He-Man were sold to Hallmark as a package. I know L'Oreal owned the Filmation library, so maybe they bought the rights up to the NA cartoon around the same time Filmation closed?

    I'd still like to get an official answer though...
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 19, 2012 at 03:06pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •