Thread: What does the term "Jetlag" mean?

What does the term "Jetlag" mean?

Recently I've seen the term Flimation/Jetlag, thrown around here. And I have. No idea what it means. Is it an overseas term or something.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Jetlag is the animation company that produced the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon. Mattel purchased the Jetlag rights at the same time as the Filmation rights.

Fandom-wise, it also means the NA cartoon only characters like Master Sebrian, Crita, Mara, Drissi, Caz and the Primus Scientists.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    It's also that tired feeling you get after watching an episode of New Adventures....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Jetlag is the animation company that produced the New Adventures of He-Man cartoon. Mattel purchased the Jetlag rights at the same time as the Filmation rights.

Fandom-wise, it also means the NA cartoon only characters like Master Sebrian, Crita, Mara, Drissi, Caz and the Primus Scientists.
    Thanks that clears up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    It's also that tired feeling you get after watching an episode of New Adventures....
    Haha.......

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Yep, although Mara did have a prototype figure.

Master of New Adventures!
    As for the reason why it was named 'Jetlag', I thought I'd give a little explanation. Jetlag Productions was started by Jean Chalopin after he sold DIC Entertainment to Andy Heyward. I was Jetlag's first writer and wrote many episodes of many series for Jean, just as I had for him and Andy during my years on staff at DIC.

Jean lived in France at the time, but also had a home in Los Angeles. Additionally, he was frequently flying back and forth between L.A. and his KKC&D Animation Studios in Tokyo as well as to secondary studios in South Korea. With so much of his time spend aloft, 'Jetlag' was a natural choice for the name of his new venture.

Jack can you shed any light on how and why the NA He-man cartoon became part of the Filmation library? Was that question ever answered?
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Jack can you shed any light on how and why the NA He-man cartoon became part of the Filmation library? Was that question ever answered?
    Sorry, blackiecats, but I can't help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    They're both owned by Classic Media, when Mattel got the Filmation rights they also got the Jetlag rights.

Jetlag now makes so much sense thanks jack.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    As for the reason why it was named 'Jetlag', I thought I'd give a little explanation. Jetlag Productions was started by Jean Chalopin after he sold DIC Entertainment to Andy Heyward. I was Jetlag's first writer and wrote many episodes of many series for Jean, just as I had for him and Andy during my years on staff at DIC.

Jean lived in France at the time, but also had a home in Los Angeles. Additionally, he was frequently flying back and forth between L.A. and his KKC&D Animation Studios in Tokyo as well as to secondary studios in South Korea. With so much of his time spend aloft, 'Jetlag' was a natural choice for the name of his new venture.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonLimeGygor View Post
    They're both owned by Classic Media, when Mattel got the Filmation rights they also got the Jetlag rights.
    That wasn't the question that I asked. I asked how and why the NA He-Man cartoon became part of the Filmation library. When Entertainment Rights (now Classic Media) bought the Filmation library from Hallmark Entertainment, the NA cartoon was included among the Filmation shows... we can only assume that the cartoon rights for He-Man were sold to Hallmark as a package. I know L'Oreal owned the Filmation library, so maybe they bought the rights up to the NA cartoon around the same time Filmation closed?

I'd still like to get an official answer though...
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 19, 2012 at 03:06pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.