Thread: Spikor's lazy eye syndrome

Hybrid View

Spikor's lazy eye syndrome

I got my 2 spikors yesterday and one of them have eyes that goes all over the place. Luckily I bought 2 so the other one was okey. Not perfect though since one pupil was larger than the other. This seems like a common problem with this fig. Now if they expect us to buy their expensive sub issues like this shouldnt be acceptable! Not everyone is good at repainting figures

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I got my 2 spikors yesterday and one of them have eyes that goes all over the place. Luckily I bought 2 so the other one was okey. Not perfect though since one pupil was larger than the other. This seems like a common problem with this fig. Now if they expect us to buy their expensive sub issues like this shouldnt be acceptable! Not everyone is good at repainting figures
    And not everyone is a loose collector... what about the MOC collectors?
    What a mess!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    My Spikor's eyes are painted OK - but I'm more concered about his limbs cast in black and painted purple! Wouldn't that start chipping away in time if you're not careful? Also I read somewhere that Vykron is also cast in black plastic and painted.

I really hope this is a one-off decision - much like the reversed Stikor forearms.

but other than that Spikor's an incredible figure and is an instant favourite of mine!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

One eye on my Spikor is a little lazy. But it's not terrible. I really like his head much better in person than in the pics.

Heroic Warrior
    Eyes on my Spikor are "okay", but sloppy paint apps aren`t good PR for buying subs.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    The eyes on mine were perfect luckily, but I did have a paint rub on his arm attachment. Lukily it's in a place where you can't see it with the attachement on. There must have been a new guy on the line painting pupils. Maybe he had a lazy eye himself? TG does say that each is hand painted.....Anyway, hopefully they have enough QC stock to hook ya's up with a non-lazy eye Spikor. I don't think anyone should be forced to repaint a figure they just bought just to have it correct!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    One eye on my Spikor is a little lazy. But it's not terrible. I really like his head much better in person than in the pics.
    Me too. The left eye is slightly lower than the right, but it isn't the awful googly-eyes I've seen on here. I can live with it, but I feel bad for the people who got figures with the really bad eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    My Spikor's eyes are painted OK - but I'm more concered about his limbs cast in black and painted purple! Wouldn't that start chipping away in time if you're not careful? Also I read somewhere that Vykron is also cast in black plastic and painted.

I really hope this is a one-off decision - much like the reversed Stikor forearms.

but other than that Spikor's an incredible figure and is an instant favourite of mine!
    I'mreally worried about my paint chipping off. There are issues already with it bubbling in a few tiny spots. I won't be posing him very much either.

Such a disappointment. Buy mine has good eyes.