Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spikor's lazy eye syndrome

Spikor's lazy eye syndrome

I got my 2 spikors yesterday and one of them have eyes that goes all over the place. Luckily I bought 2 so the other one was okey. Not perfect though since one pupil was larger than the other. This seems like a common problem with this fig. Now if they expect us to buy their expensive sub issues like this shouldnt be acceptable! Not everyone is good at repainting figures

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I got my 2 spikors yesterday and one of them have eyes that goes all over the place. Luckily I bought 2 so the other one was okey. Not perfect though since one pupil was larger than the other. This seems like a common problem with this fig. Now if they expect us to buy their expensive sub issues like this shouldnt be acceptable! Not everyone is good at repainting figures
    And not everyone is a loose collector... what about the MOC collectors?
    What a mess!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    My Spikor's eyes are painted OK - but I'm more concered about his limbs cast in black and painted purple! Wouldn't that start chipping away in time if you're not careful? Also I read somewhere that Vykron is also cast in black plastic and painted.

I really hope this is a one-off decision - much like the reversed Stikor forearms.

but other than that Spikor's an incredible figure and is an instant favourite of mine!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

One eye on my Spikor is a little lazy. But it's not terrible. I really like his head much better in person than in the pics.

Heroic Warrior
    Eyes on my Spikor are "okay", but sloppy paint apps aren`t good PR for buying subs.

The eyes on mine were perfect luckily, but I did have a paint rub on his arm attachment. Lukily it's in a place where you can't see it with the attachement on. There must have been a new guy on the line painting pupils. Maybe he had a lazy eye himself? TG does say that each is hand painted.....Anyway, hopefully they have enough QC stock to hook ya's up with a non-lazy eye Spikor. I don't think anyone should be forced to repaint a figure they just bought just to have it correct!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    And yet another example of why people are not subscribing. Seriously, how do they expect to keep getting away with this?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    And yet another example of why people are not subscribing. Seriously, how do they expect to keep getting away with this?
    If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say spin and then treating fans like children being spoken to by authority figures enough that they start to act like them and copitulate.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    My figure is painted perfectly... looks GREAT !!! Once again... another satisfied customer! Thanks Matty!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say spin and then treating fans like children being spoken to by authority figures enough that they start to act like them and copitulate.
    Agreed. See my latest thread... http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Already-Saved

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    You can't really gripe about these things. We pay more for MOTUC because of the low production numbers, not because they are of a higher quality than a standard mass-retail figure. Go to any mass-retailer (Wal-Mart, Target, etc) and look at the paint apps on a hand-full of $16 figures (which is about what MOTUC would cost if they were produced in greater numbers for mass-retail.) They are no better. The fact that every figure is not 100% perfect is a pet peeve of OCD collectors like myself but it is normal in the toy industry. And after 30 plus years of this being the standard, no one should expect it to be otherwise.

Huge errors like exploding crotches, broken noses, and reversed forearms are one thing. If you're not subscribing because of these things and you don't want to deal with the hassle of refunds and exchanges, I can't fault you. But if a small error like a lazy eye is truly the reason someone is not subscribing, a person should understand this kind of thing is normal with any figure line and they personally are better suited to buying toys at retail where they can scrutinize each figure for the best paint job.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Out of my two spikor's, one is fine. The other one looks like he's coming down from a three day eternian cocaine binge.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Mine has the jacked up eyes as well. In fact, both of my sub figures had them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    OMG guys. It ain't like Spikor was winning any beauty contests to begin with. Let's not turn this into another "Ear-Bleed-Orko".

Now if say...Glimmer or Casta has this problem, it would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    My Spikor's eyes are painted OK - but I'm more concered about his limbs cast in black and painted purple! Wouldn't that start chipping away in time if you're not careful? Also I read somewhere that Vykron is also cast in black plastic and painted.

I really hope this is a one-off decision - much like the reversed Stikor forearms.

but other than that Spikor's an incredible figure and is an instant favourite of mine!
    I'mreally worried about my paint chipping off. There are issues already with it bubbling in a few tiny spots. I won't be posing him very much either.

Such a disappointment. Buy mine has good eyes.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's a legitimate concern, but it is true that this problem is one that is industry wide. You want an earful on QC standards and eyes, talk to folks who bought Hasbro's Indiana Jones line. The paint problems there may well have contributed, at least in part, to the line's ultimate failure.

Besides, Spikor was never the brightest of Skeletor's henchmen; he probably gave himself googly eyes knocking himself on the head with his club a few too many times, or went out partying with the original release red-eyed "Eternian Booze Binge" He-Man...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Both of mine have it as well.

This one was the worst. I opened him to try and fix the eye myself with some Citadel paints.

I kept this one for my MOC collection.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

How long should it take to receive a replacement? Not sure how long I should wait before I start bugging DR about it.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    One eye on my Spikor is a little lazy. But it's not terrible. I really like his head much better in person than in the pics.
    Me too. The left eye is slightly lower than the right, but it isn't the awful googly-eyes I've seen on here. I can live with it, but I feel bad for the people who got figures with the really bad eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...tor/spikor.jpg

How long should it take to receive a replacement? Not sure how long I should wait before I start bugging DR about it.
    I wouldn't wait, if they run out of replacement stock you can only get a refund.

But darn, they weren't even trying on this one ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I wouldn't wait, if they run out of replacement stock you can only get a refund.
    But darn, they weren't even trying on this one ...
    Fortunately you're given a tracking number when UPS picks up the figure being replaced. Mine successfully arrived two days ago to the warehouse. I wonder where those figures end up...

Say hi to Donatello for me, Spikor!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...tor/spikor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Both of mine have it as well.

This one was the worst. I opened him to try and fix the eye myself with some Citadel paints.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...3261_small.jpg
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...3260_small.jpg

I kept this one for my MOC collection.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...3255_small.jpg
    Ugh! Those are much worse than mine. That sucks. Sorry, guys.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Okay, I gotta admit, that's worse than any of my Indy figures. He really tied one on last night...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Yea Spikor is one of the worst painted figures yet... I was really disappointed with mine.. I do not like the purple painted arms and legs... I am not sure why they were cast in black, but I hope it never happens again... poor choice.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I like the lazy eye...gives Spikor some character!

The drawing the paint guys were working from must have had a lazy eye as well. How else could this be explained. We need a "First World Meme" drawn up for this as well...lol.