Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spikor's lazy eye syndrome

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I know that Spikor's eye paint is pretty bad, and while I've sort of decided most other QC issues are somewhat unimportant to me (no breaks on anything yet knock on wood), this is as glaringly obvious as the red Orko ears were.

That being said, I'm a bit on the fence about fixing it. It almost goes well with his pug-ugly face. I may just end up leaving it for aesthetic reasons, as weird as that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    I like the lazy eye...gives Spikor some character!
    Yeah, it really makes him 'pop'
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    It almost goes well with his pug-ugly face. I may just end up leaving it for aesthetic reasons, as weird as that sounds.
    Lol. Sorry to all those that are wiggin' out about the Uncle Ruckus eye, but I love it. I wish mine had a lazier eye. Lol.

Me too!
    1 out of 2 has a "strange" eye.

This is a true issue I hope Mattel will address (if not already). (If the line goes on...)

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Lol. Sorry to all those that are wiggin' out about the Uncle Ruckus eye, but I love it. I wish mine had a lazier eye. Lol.
    Hey, I'd be happy to trade with you ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

At least he doesn't have TMNT Classics Donatello eyes;

Oh wait, I guess he does

That Donatello really pops!
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

I just got my Spikor yesterday. I actually like the eyes! Gives him character

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Wow, I've been blessed with this line: My problems thus far amount to one cracked Roboto (replaced), one floppy-neck Green Goddess (which I fixed easily) and a collapsed Megator head hole (again, I fixed it). My Spikor has 20-20 vision... My woes with Modern Era GI Joe are in double digits, by comparison.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    a collapsed Megator head hole (again, I fixed it).
    That happened to me too! The very first time I switched the heads, right out of the box.

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...tor/spikor.jpg

How long should it take to receive a replacement? Not sure how long I should wait before I start bugging DR about it.
    Yup, got one of these!! Although not as bad as this one, that really terrible, sorry man, hope you get a perfect one soon. I got two, and luckily one was fine so I could open it. Awesome figure otherwise. Anyway, its going back this time. I am usually too lazy to return, but I have had it. I may take this opportunity to return my split trunk Snout Spout. Since this was a delayed issue and I no longer have the packaging, I wonder if this will be a problem. Anybody had this issue with DR?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Hey, I'd be happy to trade with you ...
    Mine looks like yours from your first pic. I'd want one like Adultcollector's.

See now that's unacceptable. Just the reason I didn't order online and waited to cherry-pick through my TRUs fresh case. I've had 4 perfect Classic Turtles as of last Friday.

Wow, I've been blessed with this line. My woes with Modern Era GI Joe are in double digits, by comparison.
    Omg. If most MOTUC collectors only knew how good they got it! Between broken peices, bad paintjobs, fused joints, switched parts, and just all around horrible design and sculpting on so many figures, MOTUC is perfect compared to Joe or MU.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...tor/spikor.jpg

How long should it take to receive a replacement? Not sure how long I should wait before I start bugging DR about it.
    I literally LOL'd from that pic. I'd keep it, goes well with the whole inept henchmen thing Skeletor has going on.

Mine also suffered from lazy eyes(the eyes were going in 2 different directions). I had to repaint them myself to fix him, he looks alot better now. I hope this isn't a new trend. Tmnt Classics Donatello suffers from this as does Marvel Universe Jubilee and the upcoming Rogue figure.

I agree! After all, he is a monster....
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Wow, I've been blessed with this line: My problems thus far amount to one cracked Roboto (replaced), one floppy-neck Green Goddess (which I fixed easily) and a collapsed Megator head hole (again, I fixed it). My Spikor has 20-20 vision... My woes with Modern Era GI Joe are in double digits, by comparison.
    Really? I haven't had a single qc issue with modern era joes. Guess I know how it feels now to be blessed with good qc in a line that others have had problems with...
    Quote Originally Posted by iumma View Post
    Yup, got one of these!! Although not as bad as this one, that really terrible, sorry man, hope you get a perfect one soon. I got two, and luckily one was fine so I could open it. Awesome figure otherwise. Anyway, its going back this time. I am usually too lazy to return, but I have had it. I may take this opportunity to return my split trunk Snout Spout. Since this was a delayed issue and I no longer have the packaging, I wonder if this will be a problem. Anybody had this issue with DR?
    You can get a refund, but there is no qc stock to exchange snout spout for. Just warning you.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Mine looks like yours from your first pic. I'd want one like Adultcollector's.
    Maybe if my replacement Spikor comes with the same Wonky eyes I can trade it to someone for their fixed one.

I received my Spikor in the mail today, and I got one with mid-range "derp" eyes, similar to Crusader's.

My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Mine also suffered from lazy eyes(the eyes were going in 2 different directions). I had to repaint them myself to fix him, he looks alot better now. I hope this isn't a new trend. Tmnt Classics Donatello suffers from this as does Marvel Universe Jubilee and the upcoming Rogue figure.
    Just noting- any 4 of the Turtles could possibly have this problem. I've seen all of them with wonky eyes.

I know that I might be in the minority but I find his lazy eye kinda funny. He's the perfect companion piece to...well... any other figure. Pose him getting socked up the side of the head and it'll look perfect. *doy!* Mines aren't that bad, but yeah, Adult Collector's got a real severe case there.
    Besides he was none too clever in the filmation toon so it's kinda fitting! #lookingonthebrightside
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

I just received my replacement Spikor figure in the mail. It has the same problem as the last one! One pupil on the top of the eye, and the other on the bottom. I'm requesting a refund. At this point I don't care if I have to pay extra for it at my local toy store.

Replacement

Original
    Last edited by AdultCollector; August 11, 2012 at 11:31pm.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I got lucky...My Spikor's eyes both look at the same angle!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

No QC issues w/ my Spikor. Perfect eyes. I almost like the lazy eye look.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I'm afraid that the returned Spikors will be sold again in Matty like remaining stock.

Both of my Spikor's have messed up eyes.
    END OF LINE