Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Think the Line is Already Saved...

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)

I Think the Line is Already Saved...

We are at 70% subscriptions. All Mattel has to do is issue 30% to cherry pickers (who will snap that amount up) and voila, the line is saved!

Also, the issue at this point is I believe Mattel is trying to milk the momentum that has been built for all it is worth. TG says we are hovering around 65% to 70%. Well which is it? Like he hasn't done the actual calculation.

Either way... release the remainder to day of sales, and the line continues. It is really very simple.

IMO, it's not just about getting close to the minimum or reaching it in the way that you explained. Even if 2013 gets approved, the amount of funds/tooling allocated to 2014 will likely be crap. We have to try harder to surpass the 100% minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    We are at 70% subscriptions. All Mattel has to do is issue 30% to cherry pickers (who will snap that amount up) and voila, the line is saved!

Also, the issue at this point is I believe Mattel is trying to milk the momentum that has been built for all it is worth. TG says we are hovering around 65% to 70%. Well which is it? Like he hasn't done the actual calculation.

Either way... release the remainder to day of sales, and the line continues. It is really very simple.
    I would like to believe this is true, but it's dangerous to assume because we just don't know if Mattel will decide to go this route.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; August 2, 2012 at 11:10am.
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

@70% they'll go for it, DoS will likely be priced at $30 per figure and 2014 will be vintage heavy no new tools no beasts no vehicles. it will go back to what it was in the first/second years
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'd pay $50 per figure to avoid a sub.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

From what I gather, the minimum is the guarantee they need in order to produce them, versus taking a risk on day-of-sale stock.

Oops, never mind.....my reading is misleading....I thought the title said "The Line is Already Saved" rather than "I THINK the Line is Already Saved"....my bad!

The title of this thread is awfully misleading.....

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    From what I gather, the minimum is the guarantee they need in order to produce them, versus taking a risk on day-of-sale stock.
    Well in that case... keep buying subs people!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    IMO, it's not just about getting close to the minimum or reaching it in the way that you explained. Even if 2013 gets approved, the amount of funds/tooling allocated to 2014 will likely be crap. We have to try harder to surpass the 100% minimum.
    Exactly! If we don't hit 100% the line will likely be scaled back even further for 2014, which possibly means no fully tooled figures and less figures overall. Scott is going to need every spot possibly in 2014 to finish all the vintage MOTU and most popular POP and NA. I don't see management approving it if we can't hit the minimum for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    +1 Too much wasted plastic announced so far for me to get a sub. Happy that people are getting some figures they love but I want a Ram Man and i am good so far for 2013 Deep hopes for better choices to come after him. Two bad and the Horde troopers would be great.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

This thread should be called:

"Counting your chickens before they hatch!"

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Exactly! If we don't hit 100% the line will likely be scaled back even further for 2014, which possibly means no fully tooled figures and less figures overall. Scott is going to need every spot possibly in 2014 to finish all the vintage MOTU and most popular POP and NA. I don't see management approving it if we can't hit the minimum for 2013.
    they'll probably offer a bare bones sub in 2014, 2 figures a month no new tools vintage only, if this year goes through it's the last possible chance to get more unique figures, Rokkon, Stonedar, Energy Zoids gwildor etc. not sure they can be done next year but it's a better chance than 2014 at this point.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

2 figures a month, I don't think so! Well be lucky to get 1 figure every other month in 2014 at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    2 figures a month, I don't think so! Well be lucky to get 1 figure every other month in 2014 at this rate.
    naw as an initial offering IF 2013 reaches or surpasses 100% minimum they'll at least PITCH 2 figures a month and also I can see them revealing the entire line up at sdcc.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    naw as an initial offering IF 2013 reaches or surpasses 100% minimum they'll at least PITCH 2 figures a month and also I can see them revealing the entire line up at sdcc.
    I don't think we are going to hit the minimum for 2013. It just not happening. It would require us to raise 6% per day between today and the 6th and that statistically isn't happening. While not impossible, it just isn't likely. Any betting man would call these very bad odds. Mattel is probably already working the contingency plan as we speak. I hope I'm wrong, but realistically...

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    +1 Too much wasted plastic announced so far for me to get a sub. Happy that people are getting some figures they love but I want a Ram Man and i am good so far for 2013 Deep hopes for better choices to come after him. Two bad and the Horde troopers would be great.
    Ok if you guys are willing to pay $50 for just the figures you want, you would be paying less then that by getting a sub and selling the extras even some of them at a loss. if there are 6 figures you want and you are willing to spending $50 each, thats $300, so why not get 12 figures for $300 and sell the 6 you dont want for whatever you can get for them. even if you sell them at a loss its still cheaper then buying 6 you want at $50 each.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Lol you will be paying more than that! The sub holders like me will buy up the stock before dos just to make money off non sub holders.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I don't think we are going to hit the minimum for 2013. It just not happening. It would require us to raise 6% per day between today and the 6th and that statistically isn't happening. While not impossible, it just isn't likely. Any betting man would call these very bad odds. Mattel is probably already working the contingency plan as we speak. I hope I'm wrong, but realistically...
    I can see them extending it even though they guaranteed they wouldn't.

Fear is faith in failure

Yeah 2 figures per month will not happen in 2014. Some months may have 2 figures if they follow a similar lineup as 2013, but they will not be looking to make the subscription larger in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post

No thats incorrect. The 100% minimum to go forward is including Day Of sale. It's been posted over on ASK MATTY Forum so no the line isn't saved yet. Where many people got paid yesterday and bought subs TG is going to look at the numbers and try to put up the new % we are at sometime today.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I can see them extending it even though they guaranteed they wouldn't.
    Yeah, that's probably part of the contigency plan they are most likely working now. Don't get me wrong, I think 2013 will likely happen even if we fall short, but unless we do way over the minimum, I don't see a whole lot of hope for a robust 2014 line.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Lol you will be paying more than that! The sub holders like me will buy up the stock before dos just to make money off non sub holders.
    Huh? Early access is only for non sub items. Like weapons packs
    the ignore list is my new best friend
    Posted from iOS app

Blacksun442
    Matty Member
    Posted August 01, 2012 07:11 PM

If we end with just under 100% like 85% would you do still do sub and still make 100% of the figures. The extra 15% could be day of sales. you know they would still sell out and you'd still get to your 100% total that you want.

TheSpiritofGrayskull
    Matty Moderator

Posted August 02, 2012 02:34 AM

Day Of Sales were definitely factored into the Sub Minimum number.

Asher99
    Matty Member

Posted August 01, 2012 05:02 PM

Hello TG,

Today was payday for many of us and I was wondering if you saw a substancial raise on the subs percentage so far? Please keep us posted when you can about the sub status. Hoping for a great 2013. Thanks!

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

Posted August 01, 2012 05:15 PM

I'll look in the AM and post an update!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Blacksun442
    Matty Member
    Posted August 01, 2012 07:11 PM

If we end with just under 100% like 85% would you do still do sub and still make 100% of the figures. The extra 15% could be day of sales. you know they would still sell out and you'd still get to your 100% total that you want.

TheSpiritofGrayskull
    Matty Moderator

Posted August 02, 2012 02:34 AM

Day Of Sales were definitely factored into the Sub Minimum number.
    There you go. WE'RE NOT SAFE YET!
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I have no doubts on the 2013 subscription happening. I think Scott is just being told by his bosses he needs to get the subs or they cannot afford to put the mony into the line. HOwever, if you recall a while back, Scott said they need 7 months for a figure to be in production in order to hit its release date. As such, half of the 2013 revealed figures must already be in production, so we are going to get them no matter what.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.