Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro is Better than Mattel because...

Hasbro is Better than Mattel because...

So I also collect a couple Hasbro lines, G.I. Joe and the 6 In Black Series, and MOTUC. Of the 3 product lines MOTUC is the least fun to collect. The costs are now at a point that I feel ripped off when they charge my card. $43 for 1 figure is unreasonable and you CANNOT justify it with me. The shipping is killing it for me. Aside from the price Mattel has openly said they care about the secondary prices. They said they didn't want to lower the prices on the secondary market so production of more figures of certain characters wasn't happening. The QC on MOTUC IS UTTER TRASH IMO. I have returned multiple figures, 7 I believe, in the past 18 months. I don't mind paint blemishes either, all of my returns were incorrect pieces or broken items. Now onto my list of why hasbro is just better at the toy game.

1. The costs are much more reasonable. Sure, they are at retail but for $20 I get better quality figures with more detail, more paint apps and NONE have ever been assembled incorrectly or broke upon opening. So I feel I am getting far more for my money. The Joes are also priced accordingly and they are store exclusives at this point, so not major retail.

2. Again, I have never in my years of collecting, ever opened a Hasbro figure and it not be assembled correctly. I was buying 5 of every troop builder and none were bad or have broken. Mattel has a very, very bad crap to good ratio from my personal history. Also, the paint apps are far superior from hasbro. Nearly all my MOTUC figures have smudges here and there but that doesn't really bother me, just pointing out another Hasbro strength.

3. Hasbro releases hard to get figures to help collectors finish their collection instead of letting the fans spend huge chunks on figures off ebay. At the Joecon this year Hasbro announced 5 figures being released to help people finish their sets. Mattel does not ever do that, in fact they have stated why they won't and it is an atrocious reason.

4. To get the Joe sub exclusive figure you simply have to spend $44 I believe to join the club. You get the exclusive and do NOT have to buy every other figure. Also, their sub service allows you to buy multiple figures with one sub. Yes, these 4" joes are pricey but they serve the same purpose the MOTUC line does. Mattel forces us to buy EVERYTHING if we want the sub exclusive which is far less cost effective.

5. Hasbro is just better at dealing with fans IMO. And they take big risks at retail, that Mattel cannot or will not take. Mattel does nothing to try and keep MOTU mainstream. Hasbro has been releasing joe product almost yearly even if In small capacities. We got a few crappy 2 packs from MOTUC at retail and they quickly abandoned that idea. Seriously, the she-Ra pack had no purpose, such laziness on that one.

Those are my reasons. I am sure people disagree but that is expected. I missed the Hover Robots today and honestly I don't care. Sadly my excitement for paying almost $50 for one figure has dwindled. I hope things change for next year, if not I am ok with MOTUC ending and instead focusing on Black Series and the Joe products. I am expecting to hear complaints about getting the Hasbro SDCC exclusives yes they are expensive and difficult to get, but thy're con exclusive so they should be. I would love to see what others think about this topic.

But Hasbro doesn't own the rights to Saurod, Snout Spout, or Faker...

I collect MOTUC, and I collect a few lines from Hasbro (Marvel Legends, Black Series, Transformers). Overall, my experience is the exact opposite of yours. I feel like the quality is much higher on MOTUC (from both an artistic perspective to engineering perspective). I understand where you're coming from, though, Hasbro does things differently from Mattel, and I can see someone liking their way better. I don't think Mattel is going to change what they're doing all that much, maybe MOTUC isn't for you any more? If all its causing you is mental pain, it might be time to move on. Your money might be better invested in a line you like better.
    Last edited by SonOfHeMan; April 14, 2015 at 11:43pm.

I've read on Joe and TF forums where fans talk about how great MOTU fans have it. To some, the grass always seems greener on the other side.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Hasbro has the rights to brands that are driven by other media and entertainment vehicles...movies, tv shows, other merchandising. MOTU doesn't have all that. MOTU is surviving on fans and some dedicated folks at Mattel who enjoy creating for the line.

And dude, Hasbro figures are pretty ugly. The ugliest female in MOTUC (Frosta) can beat any female character in a Hasbro line any day...they just have ugly sculpts to me, and the articulation breaks up the designs too much.

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I collect MOTUC, and I collect a few lines from Hasbro (Marvel Legends, Black Series, Transformers). Overall, my experience is the exact opposite of yours. I feel like the quality is much higher on MOTUC (from both an artistic perspective to engineering perspective). I understand where you're coming from, though, Hasbro does things differently from Mattel, and I can see someone liking their way better. I don't think Mattel is going to change what they're doing all that much, maybe MOTUC isn't for you any more? If all its causing you is mental pain, it might be time to move on. Your money might be better invested in a line you like better.
    This is pretty much my experience as well. I find MOTUC is superior in many ways to many other toy lines. What stands out to me perhaps the most is the quality of the plastic and paint, which at its best is my favorite in this scale. Hasbro makes some nice toys, I have collected or do collect several of their lines.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I want to finish the line because I do love it. And it is kind of hard to quit the line when you aren't allowed to cancel your sub In all honesty MOTU is my favorite property, I just wish it was handled differently. I'd rather see 2016 be nothing but 2 packs to make the shipping seem more reasonable.

Bitter about the Hoverbots?

Hasbro is really no better than Mattel. Every company has faults.

I've had bad product from Hasbro in the past several times. Everything from bad paint ops to miss-assembled figures. It happens to every company.

Have you seen the Star Wars Black human sculpts? They're atrocious. That Slave Leia is the biggest turd I've seen in years. That was a clear case of "bait and switch." The Luke, Han, Obi-Wan, and Anakin sculpts have all been bad. Are you seriously saying that's good QC?

While there may be Joe product at retail, that doesn't mean it's selling. My TRU has a 3 foot section of Joe stuff all on clearance and it's just sitting there collecting dust. I counted 25+ Baroness/Lady Jayne 2 packs just last week. At least the She-Ra vs. Supergirl pack sold at my TRU. That Baroness/Jayne pack they couldn't give away.

The Joe Club stuff BTW isn't actually Hasbro. It's Fun Publications Inc. which is completely different.

Hasbro's only real strength is that it understands the collector market. I'm not saying they do a fabulous job cause they don't, but at least they're better at it than Mattel. Mattel really has never had any kind of collector lines, with the exception of Hot Wheels and Barbie, in their "boys lines." MOTUC has been a completely new endeavor for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I've read on Joe and TF forums where fans talk about how great MOTU fans have it. To some, the grass always seems greener on the other side.

I've seen the same thing... Joe fans more than TF fans.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post

And dude, Hasbro figures are pretty ugly. The ugliest female in MOTUC (Frosta) can beat any female character in a Hasbro line any day...they just have ugly sculpts to me, and the articulation breaks up the designs too much.
    I'll disagree....again.

The female sculpts done over the last year in Marvel Legends have been great. That Black Cat sculpt alone is better than any female sculpt done by Mattel in the same time.

The human Star Wars Black sculpts though have been garbage.

I have been collecting MOTUC since the beginning and have been/am a collector of other lines. Most recently I have picked up a few Hasbro Marvel Legends 6 inch figures bc I feel like they have finally upped their game and character selection to pull me in...I never thought I would own a Machine Man figure....ever. I collected the modern era GI Joe line with a passion and at one time was a die hard Star Wars fan...that being said, the two best lines that I have collected in the last 10 years have been MOTUC and DCUC without question.

First, character selection has been vast and core characters have been there since the beginning.

Second, sculpting and consistency in size is unmatched...these figures look incredible together on the shelf...the Four Horsemen have an ability to take the best elements from all media and create a figure that sometime I did not even know I wanted.

Third, this is a line going 7-8 years strong 200 figures deep...that's incredible.

QC issues...sure. I have been fortunate enough to not experience the OP's issues of incorrect parts, breakage issues, etc. and I have purchased from Matty as well as second hand, retailers, etc...never one major issue. Sure reversed roboto shoulders, fat armor, blastic and the like but these were known issues. This has not been so severe across the entire line that it has been a major issue.

Cost has always been a factor....and I knew that going in. I knew that when I strated and they were $20 a pop and $7 shipping...I thought I must be crazy. Now they start at $27 (if you sub) and shipping is an insane $10! I know...that sucks. I could spend my money on other stuff. But here's the deal for me. It's only two figures at retail. A 6inch figure is $20 retail these days. When I started the line...6inch retail figures were $10 then quickly jumped to $15 now $20 so yes they are half the price and that sucks...

But they are not He-Man...not even close.

I love this line. Good, bad, ugly. I'm seeing it through.

Man...I wish Star Wars Black was as easy to collect as MOTU! All I can ever find in the store is Han Solo and McGregor Obi Wan. And SDCC exclusives....good luck. Thats what I had scoring Jaba last year but man it was impossible to get Han in Carbonite. I will never pay those prices for him either. The cardboard version in Jaba's box will have to suffice. I wish Hasbro was as collector friendly with its exclusives and site as Matty is when it comes to SDCC offerings. As for the hover bots...limit of two and they were up for 20 minutes. Way better than any of the other sales have been. If they had done that for SOG I think there would have been a lot more happy people.

Heroic Warrior
    Hasbro wins at prices. But hasbro has issues with qc just like motuc. I'm wondering if it's just the factories in china. Look at boards recently and the marvel legends have sloppy paint on spiderman, sloppy lines in spiderwoman, warped gummy limbs in May Day spidergirl and spiderwoman, numerous reports of loose abs on machine man and dd, loose hips on hawkeye, excess plastic left on figures, hellcats horrible yellow paint over the blue plastic clashing with the rest of her cast in actual yellow plastic, hulk having two different shades of green etc. at least mattel for the most part when it comes to motuc have stuck with classic looks as opposed to hasbro with way too many of the modern looks and characters

And the faces--barring poor frosta-- on the motuc female figures are outstanding. Poor Leia looks like crap although hasbro really knocked the new classic spider woman and scarlet witch out of the park

Heroic Warrior
    The Hasbro figures do NOT have more paint apps. They are all about keeping costs down to make Wal-Mart happy. Those figures have gone way down in quality. Compare a Toybiz Marvel legend to a current one.

MOTUC has issues from time to time, but they blow away anything at mass retail. Not even close.

Mattel;
    The Good,
    They have an almost worth it subscription service/model
    Their employees/sculptors are the best in the business!
    They occasionally listen to fan input
    The quality control is decent
    The give neat little add-ons and accessories and try to incorperate all the different elements of the all encompassing story
    Their SDCC convention items are fairly easy to obtain, and they don't have some kind of 3 ring circus in place on the convention floor.

Hasbro:

The Good,
    They have a fair guesstimate on the fans and collectors and their wants and desires
    They let Brian Savage have a field day with the rights and the brand where Joe is concerned.
    They have the Joe and Trans conventions and several other ones where their brand awareness is in full force
    That leeds me into the way Hasbro keeps their brands alive and promotes them well with movies, merchandise, and loads of media tie-ins
    They do their best to get out the short packed figures in later waves
    They take more chances on big ticket items

Mattel,
    The Bad;
    They have an atrocious shipping policy/cost
    They are completely out of touch with supply and demand i,e horde troopers
    They cheap out on their repaints and redo's Filmation Hordak and Battle ground Evil-Lynn
    They have no fore thought on the future accessories to match the figures, ex. Sorceress on Greyskull throne, and she-ra on Swiftwind
    They don't take gambles on something they may or may not make money on

Hasbro
    The Bad,
    Their sculpting on the faces is pretty terrible on their 3 and 3/4 lines
    They chose to take from both sides of the well by putting Marvel Legends on hold and fading into Marvel Universe essentially making everyone "re-buy" all their favorite characters in a new scale.
    Their prices are going up all the time, while their quality keeps going down
    Constant reuse of the "popular" characters and less variety of the supporting characters

Mattel
    The Ugly,
    Digital River bar none the worst website/company/customer service, website is awful, very glitchy, overpriced shipping!
    Overpriced toys, (battle ram) very much not worth 110.00
    They tend to bait and switch, we were promised the be all end all with castle greyskull, what we got was great, but not what was promised
    Intentionally short producing popular figures , Shadow weaver, horde troopers,

Hasbro
    The Ugly,
    SDCC is the worst experience ever, spend a day waiting in line to what? ...... get a ticket to wait in line the next day. They do make the experience easy, even if you have a ticket to SDCC
    Lack of trust in female characters and being gun shy to release them, still holding to them not selling
    Their distribution is shoddy at best, they do a terrible job getting new product into the stores
    Dumbing down many aspects across all of their brands and coming up with strange silly concepts, Star Wars/Transformers???

Which one do I choose? Both when they suit my interests, and neither when I find them to not be worth it.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Both companies have their pros and cons, however overall MOTUC figures better made than say Marvel legends - which have always come across as cheap IMO.

I recently started to cherry pick the latest ML waves as some of my favourites are finally making an appearance. The QC is atrocious! The figures themselves are very lightweight and feel cheap, the paint is a little sloppy in places, joints are very loose - waists, legs, ab crunch etc. Yes in MOTUC we have had our issues with loose ankles and reverse shoulders - but at least the overall figure still functions well and stands up and feels like a solid piece of heavy plastic.

Also the female faces from MOTUC blow Hasbro females out the water, there is no comparison.

SW Black series is better as there seems to be more care taken with these figures, I don't have any quality control issues with them, but some of the faces are off, but that's it really. Overall I'm happy with this line and whenever I cherry pick TF stuff, I've not had an issue.

I'd say Mattel has improved over the years with their fan interaction and what they offer to adult collectors, so that's a plus. Let's hope it continues.
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

I'm not interested in GIJOE. I am interested in He-Man. So, Mattel gets my money, warts and all.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    There's probably more than a bit of truth in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I'm not interested in GIJOE. I am interested in He-Man. So, Mattel gets my money, warts and all.
    Same for me.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I don't collect much from Hasbro, so I can't comment too much on all of the ins and outs of how they do things.

As far as MOTUC goes, there are many frustrating downsides (digital river, the inability to combine shipping on different orders placed in a short time of each other.... or a sub order and manual order, etc.).

That said, by and large I haven't had that many QC issues with MOTUC outside of the widespread ones (i.e. when the entire run of a figure has reversed shoulders, and so forth). I've been collecting this line since it started, and the number of times that I've had a unique issue that required a replacdment I can count on one hand. I don't know if the OP is just really picky about what constitutes a QC issue that warrants a replacement, or if he has just had a lot of coincidental bad luck in receiving a lot of unique 'dud' figures, but this has not been my experiece.

I've commented a few times that I'm about ready for this line to end, and with it all of the annoyances, hassles, expense, and frustrations there of. However, there are two thing that I like about how this line is handled...

1. The subscription service. I know this is a point of contention for many, especially cherry pickers. I'm not saying that it is perfect, and I'm not thrilled about how things have gradually gone more and more tiwards a 'sub or die' model. HOWEVER, as someone who is a completest with this line, I do find it very convenient being able to sign up for the sub, and let it do most of the work for me. Not every item is available in the sub, but at least most are. Even if the sub was still just a convenient option, and not needed for the line's survival, I woud still be signing up for it.

2. For the most part, we know when things go on sale in advance, and at what time. So for most any non-sub items, for example, we are given a specific day and time when they go on sale. Sure, it sucks when thing sell out super fast, and some items, like the 'chase' figures, have limited quantities go up for sale in early access, while we otherwise annoyingly wait for them to randomly pop up. But overall, we know when to be online for it. Sure, it may happen in the middle of a work day, and some people may simply be unable to get online during that time, but if you can work that part out, odds are you can get what you want.

Like I said, I don't know a ton about Hasbro's practices, but I have heard horror stories about SDCC items and the like going up for sale online after the con at some random time and people completely missing out. I'm glad to not be dealing with that hassle.

Since they first started coming out in November last year, I have been collecting Nintendo's Amiibo figures. And for those unfamiliar with them, they are figures that have compatibility with many of Nintendo's games, and many of them have been selling out insanely fast with little or no restocks outside of a few 'main' characters. It's been a royal pain and struggle to collect them. It has done a great deal to reinvigorate my very deep HATE for the chase, and appreciate what we have with MOTUC all that much more.

Even if MOTUC was at retail, allowing us to skip the high shipping fee (and I do agree that it is high), but with the online sub option still being available with the current shipping prices, I would still opt to sub just to not deal wth the hassle of the chase. I wish that there was a similar option for the Amiibos that automatically guaranteed me all of them, even if it cost $10 to ship them everytime a couple of them came out. It would be worth it just to not deal with this chase crap.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; April 15, 2015 at 02:39pm.

In the name of the Lloyd!

You've returned 7 figures in the last 18 months? Wow - I have to say I have not had to return one due to bad paint / broken items / incorrect anything. I'm sorry to hear you've had such bad luck with things.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Ankle pivots!
    Help a homeless Evil Warrior! Build a Snake Mountain today!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Hasbro has the rights to brands that are driven by other media and entertainment vehicles...movies, tv shows, other merchandising. MOTU doesn't have all that. MOTU is surviving on fans and some dedicated folks at Mattel who enjoy creating for the line.

Apparently, you haven't seen some of the recent Marvel Legends figures like Scarlet Witch. One of the best looking female figures out there. Then again, I got the 4" Scarlet Witch from the movie yesterday, and she definitely looks more like the wicked witch of the west than the actress playing the role.

THere's good and bad on both sides, and both companies have some major problems. Hasbro still has more trouble with paint apps, like googly eyes, than most Mattel figures. And I have had a couple Hasbro figures with switched parts over the years, though nowhere near on the level of just MOTUC alone. And I've had a lot of ML figures with really soft plastic in some of the joints, which would do just as bad a job to a figure's chances of staying standing as the occasional loose MOTUC ankle joint. And if you want to see some disgust at Hasbro product, look in on some of the Jurassic Park toy boards and see what's being said about the upcoming Jurassic World toys. THen again, there are some ML figures that were shown over the past couple years that never made it into production that they are getting out now so folks can complete things like the Wrecking Crew.

All companies have good and bad points, to be fair. I've been highly critical of Mattel's corner cutting and QC problems over recent years, but Hasbro does have it's own issues, as well. Then again, both make some lines that I've followed for years, so I'm still a customer to both.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I actually left Syar Wars (my True Love) behind as far as collecting goes because it ceased to be fun. Mind, that was more on my part: it was too many EU characters and I wasn't enjoying it like I should have. This line has always been fun to me, but I've also had very good luck with quality and CS.

I have picked up the old habit a bit with the 6" Black series, of course, and have been very happy with it. I'm no longer army-building, only buying one of each trooper (but none of the repaints). (Okay, I did buy the Walgreens Proto-Fett.) I am not going "completest" on this line either, intending to pass on not only the trooper repaints but also (thus far) the Stormtrooper disguised Han and Luke. The quality is largely amazing, though some of the paint-aps have left me wanting (Slave Leia, Han's blue eyes (?), R2's panels, and the lack of paint on the latest weapons. Also, the upcoming Boushh Disguise Leia is too tall, the tiny Yoda could have used a few more pack-ins, and Vader's helmet is a bit wonky looking.

Mattel certainly doesn't do everything perfectly, and if I had to compare the full product lists of either, Hasbro is light-years beyond Mattel. For Barbies, Hot Wheels, and other in-house brands, Mattel does fairly well, in my opinion. Hasbro is far superior in 4" (or thereabouts) scaled toys. (I even like the idea of their 5POA offerings; Hermione loves her Rebels toys-the few we've been able to find in stores.)

At the end of the day, I will always love Hasbro a bit more because so many of my favorite toys have come from them (or Kenner, respectively). But at the end of that same day, MOTUC has brought me more joy and caused me less frustration.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    You've returned 7 figures in the last 18 months? Wow - I have to say I have not had to return one due to bad paint / broken items / incorrect anything. I'm sorry to hear you've had such bad luck with things.
    I was on a similar bad streak in 2014, but things have improved so far in 2015 (fingers crossed, knock on wood).

I sometimes wonder if Mattel just has it out for select customers because it seems the bad figures tend to hit the same customer. Aside from standard problems through out an entire figure I think I have only had one time where I thought about sending back a figure, even then it was just more disappointed with how part of it turned out. Honestly I don't even remember which figure it was at this point or what the problem was (I think it was one of the later POP sub figures). But then I think what mainly calmed me down was it was again a fairly common issue.

I haven't had much of a problem with paint apps on MOTUC, I did have to finger nail a fair bit of paint off Princess Leia though. Darth Vader, while a nice idea in concept the removable helmet is just bad, you look at him funny and the thing explodes off his face it really should have been separate heads. I know what I am getting into purchase wise with MOTUC, it's online and if there will be no DOS I make arrangements with another collector. Hasbro with Marvel Legends and Star Wars black I never know if it's going to be at my local store or not, if that particular figure will be an exclusive to a store I don't have good access to or not. I have had to order stuff online, and then either found it at retail later or though I would get it at retail and it was already sold out at all venues. That also adds pricing to figures with the shipping costs. Granted I often had similar problems with DCUC so there is that also.

Also I am sitting here looking at a BAF Thanos, which is awesome except that to get him I have to buy an Iron Man which I have three of (none of which I am completely happy with but make do), another Captain America (I am happy with the one I have), a Hulk (I am happy with the one I have), and then two characters I have no attachment to. For me that's an entire wasted wave of figures, since three of the characters have been easily gotten and there isn't anything specific for me to want those three which makes the two figures I wouldn't normally get even harder to justify. (I think you need spiderman for the other piece.. oh I have six of him already).

I am currently thinking about similar with the All father wave, Scarlet Witch was a buy to replace the eeeh Toybiz one, Hawkeye not sure if I prefer the new one over the Toybiz one yet or not. I have a Thor I like then again I have to get Sentry (who I could careless about), and another character I am eeeh about.

As others have said there's good and bad with both. I have been pretty lucky to have yet really get any backwards body parts or anything with any figures I have gotten. I have had to finish assembly on Funko Legacy figures though with legs and arms that weren't fully placed in the joint, had frozen joints with just about every line I have collected with no line holding first place in numbers of times I have had to fix it.

Another plus for MOTUC, I know when a figure is going to be available, there's none of this start looking for them at your stores during XX quarter which is a three month long period. With MOTUC it's coming out on a certain day it's coming out on that day typically no surprises, and they let us know in advance if there are any.

So there great selection isn't as great as it's been made out to be.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I have to respectfully disagree with the original post.

I have collected 3.75" SW since 1998. Right now, collecting this line has become depressing. The distribution for these figures is terrible. I can barely find any of the Rebels figures, let along the Black Series. Also, Hasbro reverted back to 5POA even for the Force Awakens figures. At this point, I am not that excited about the future of SW collecting even with 4 or 5 new SW movies on the horizon.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

The most recent toys I bought were so fragile that one of them more or less shattered in my hands. And I don't mean, like, "there was a production flaw and a QC issue," but "they are simply made of really awful material, and that's the way it is." (you can see them in the non-MOTU thread).

My favorite toy line has figures that are about 2"-3" tall. The chepaest are $10-$15, they average $25-$30, a lot are $40-$100, and a couple are flat-out $500 each.

Sometime we don't realize how good we have it here. Even the parts that suck aren't the worst.