Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moss-Man, how to unflock...

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar

Moss-Man, how to unflock...

Now that we've seen Moss-Man and his flocked ears how do we go about unflocking?

It's got to be pretty simple right?
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

I would like to say that it should be a simple case of using acetone free nail polish remover and some cotton buds/q-tips and cocktail sticks but i fear that the glue used to stick the flock down may leave his ears looking like Mike Tyson has set them on fire then allowed them to scar over.
    Truth is we won't know until we have him in hand. So be patient?

Goo Gone maybe, on a q-tip?

evidentally based on their trepidation on flocking too close to the joints, I belive we just give them a good rubbing and apparentally it'll just come off.

That's my first thing to try.

Test any goo gone or acetone on the head plastic first. Probably on the underside where it won't be seen if there's a bad reaction. (eating away of the plastic)

It should work. I would NOT use acetone or goo gone on his torso as it's ABS plastic and it will be eaten or distorted or ruined with acetone and/or goo gone.

But the arms, legs and head are a softer poly based plastic that should be safe from acetone or goo gone.

When I de-flocked my 200X Panthor, I used hot water and toothpicks. I just worked at an area until the glue softened and came off. It took TONS of work and patience.

Thankfully with Moss Man, it's just the ears I'm cleaning off!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Hot water and toothpicks sounds best. Me? I'm keeping 'ole fuzz-head fuzzy to match my other two Moss Men!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I know I'm gonna de-flock his head a bit so it matches his prototype head.

If you use alcohol or Aceton BE SURE TO CHECK the plastic colour of the head first!!!!
    Mattel most of the time uses the same colour plastic for the head as the assessoires.
    Fakers head is purple, Stratos wings are blue as the jetpack.

I have a feeling Mossman head will be brown plastic like the bag and club.
    So if you use aclohol you will also remove the paint and you will be stuck with unflocked BROWN ears

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    Baena & Johnny_E know what they are talking about. Do not use alcohol or acetone, if you do though-don't let it soak in for too long or bye bye paint and hello to distorted plastic.

I too have deflocked panthor and also a mossman with nail polish remover (non-acetone, usually colored pink) and hot water. You will want to definately use a few toothpicks to vigorously scrape off any flock inside all the little details after you soak them well enough.
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    If you use alcohol or Aceton BE SURE TO CHECK the plastic colour of the head first!!!!
    Mattel most of the time uses the same colour plastic for the head as the assessoires.
    Fakers head is purple, Stratos wings are blue as the jetpack.

I have a feeling Mossman head will be brown plastic like the bag and club.
    So if you use aclohol you will also remove the paint and you will be stuck with unflocked BROWN ears
    You're right, I had seen my He-Man with brown face when I used acetone to repaint it, but you can cover easily with a good acrylic...
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Use a weed a Weedwhacker.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Would Isopropyl alcohol do the trick? I have read that it is safer to use on plastic than acetone but would strip off any paint also. Maybe a 50/50 solution would work? Painting his ears shouldn't be a problem if I stuff up, I guess

Normally I would never attempt to customize a MOTUC. For some reason I have this weird quirk that I believe they have to remain unchanged in any way.

However...in this case, these ears MUST be de flocked.

I'll be keeping up on this thread and the custom forum to see how some of the pros get this ear flocking injustice fixed so I can copy.

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

How about Magic Eraser??

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Weed Killer
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Weed killer is for babies! What a pro would do would be to first take a very sharp razor or a scalpel and cut off his ears, then throw them into dishwasher and after - simply glue them back on with a super glue... BOOM! It's done and looks as new!

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Weed killer is for babies! What a pro would do would be to first take a very sharp razor or a scalpel and cut off his ears, then throw them into dishwasher and after - simply glue them back on with a super glue... BOOM! It's done and looks as new!
    But then, how will he listen natures call?!

If you're implying that the glued ears won't work as they were before.. putting aside it's just a toy.. ;-P did you hear what modern medicine can do nowadays? They even sew back some unfaithful guys penis and now he's a start in adult movies..! So of course they will work and the Beast will hear everything as he did before the "operation"! ;-P

Court Magician
    Now that he has been around anyone got a perfected way to do this? I need to unflock his whole face for a custom. And also his feet.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I did a custom moss man and turned out good i did the SDCC version that we never recieved, i think i used nail polish or metho, but i do remember that the moss came off easy but the glue was a pain in the butt, had sore thumb nails.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    I thought flocked ears was worth money? Why would you deflock it?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I thought flocked ears was worth money? Why would you deflock it?
    Which I find ironically hilarious. When he was first shown, there was a near riot to get them to 'unflock' the ears.... now everyone WANTS the rare one!

While on the subject of moss man riots... I thought just adding water made the flocking come off

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    This thread is over three years old.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Warrior
    I looked up both on ebay and neither are worth crap lol. I know the flocked ear ones were rare and everyone wanted one due to the rarity. I was one of the guys that was able to get both. Im still going to keep that one clos ed d and hung on a wall since I have no need to have two open. I might of even bought one from big lots too. So I may have three.

Well I'd love to see the finished product. I have a few Mossmans and would love to deflock it.

So please if it works for you I'll try it.
    Oh well whatever never mind.