Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Mattel giving us black plastic and painting over it?

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Besides what you mentioned, I think he coordinates everything (like the motherboard of the computer). He communicates with upper management, the 4H, the vendors/suppliers, manufacturers, the customers, the media etc... And as many problems as I have with TG, I believe he is the a big part of the fuel that keeps this going inside Mattel.
    Thank you. That is what I wanted to know. Now, if he can get management, design, and the factory to work out this black plastic issue, we will be good.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Thank you. That is what I wanted to know. Now, if he can get management, design, and the factory to work out this black plastic issue, we will be good.
    Well, just to be clear, I THINK that is what he does. Well I'm sure he does that, but I'm sure he does other things too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Maybe I'd agree if MOTU is Scott by himself in the factory, mixing the chemicals, pouring plastic in the molds, painting the pieces, assembling the figures, boxing them up, and mailing them out, running the website, coding the database, and crunching the numbers. Do you really think it's within his authority to take MOTU to another factory? Do you really think it's up to him to reprimand individual workers who put things together wrong? Do you really think it's up to him to fix the website? Do you really think it's up to him what the prices of materials are? He is one cog in a GIGANTIC multinational machine.

There are problems. Black plastic painted over sucks. But man, you need perspective.
    And I think you need to learn what the term "manager" means.

He is in CHARGE of coordinating all those things.

A manager, when the people who are working on various things screw up, you work to prevent it from happening again. You don't throw them under the bus, you don't throw your hands up and say, "sorry, not my fault!", you don't talk down to customers, you don't blame customers for your screw-ups or those of the people who work on the brand you MANAGE.

A manager has accountability. A manager works with various suppliers, distributors, designers, to take care of problems and work to prevent them from happening again.

We have the same things happening over, and over, and over. And instead Scott spends his time being snarky to customers, making completely unprofessional comments about other companies (true or not, it's business and you don't do that unless you are Donald Trump), and deflecting criticism like a grade-schooler pointing the fingers at everyone else.

I think the problem is that some people think of him as their buddy, their friend, and really don't understand how business works. That's part of why he has gotten away with this behavior for so long, and why he thinks he can speak to people the way that he does. He is not some fellow poster on a message board. When people cheer his snarky comments to customers, they show an utter lack of understanding of business professionalism. It doesn't matter how rotten a customer posts a question, you do not return in kind. And, in this case, unlike most businesses, he doesn't HAVE to reply to every one. And he doesn't. He apparently, on top of his utter lack of management skills, has no filter or impulse control. I don't know how anyone can see the words he has said in the last week or so, and not be completely floored.

But besides that, how many years have we been dealing with the same problems? The same problems he comes out every three to six months and pledges to fix? If he is as impotent as people like the above poster project, then he's a liar for saying he would have these problems addressed in the first place.

This is the reality of the situation. Not opinion, fact. People seem to have very short memories around here. I've used the analogy before, but it bears repeating. Is one little scratch on a car a huge deal? For most people, not really. But when the scratches keep adding up, are on most sides of the vehicle, and in spite of promised otherwise keeps getting scratched - it becomes a much bigger problem. If a new scratch happens, you cannot say "it's just a scratch" - because on top of all the other scratches, it now has become major damage.

But it's all Ruben's fault, right. Or the 4H's design decisions. Or the manufacture employees. He even has the nerve to regularly blame issues on the customers.

That's just insane behavior on his part to not take accountability. He has skated by all this time by fans saying "Oh this is just a little scratch", but when the car is as scratched up as this one is, and sub sales have dropped by half for each of the last two years, it's still not the Brand Manager's fault for managing the line into the ground. It's everyone else. If you cannot see the problem with that, then I have to say - you just do not know about real-world business and need to look at this situation outside of the MOTUC bubble.

As bad has he has been before, it's clearly a whole new level the last week or so. Especially noticeable after the sweet-talking of getting us all to sub up again. Something has happened, it's clear - maybe he's already been given his walking papers and is being allowed to exit (guffaw) gracefully, maybe they have already said no 2014, it could be several things. But it's clear he has lost any bit of professionalism he had left - which is remarkable, as he had very little to begin with.

Exactly - not one ounce of care for the customer in making that decision.
    I think they honestly thought we wouldn't notice so quickly. That's why black plastic is a real problem - because it is something that may be fine now, but eventually, paint will rub off all these figures, one way or another, now. It's like a hard drive on a computer - it's not if, it's when. It very well could be many many years for some of us, but for others it's happening right out of the package. I'm sure they thought the line would be done and gone before it was noticed, but as Black-Plastic-Gate (BPG) has shown, we customers a lot smarter (most of us) than they think "fans" really are.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree with the post above.

As long as these figures cost money, Mattel/brand manager are responsible for the quality. And the quality right now is below standard. So their job is to fix the issues.

I often got the impression that many fans forgive everything as long as MOTU is printed on the product and they don't care much of paying money for often poorly executed action figures.
    Last edited by Berserker79; September 17, 2012 at 07:50am.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    As bad has he has been before, it's clearly a whole new level the last week or so. Especially noticeable after the sweet-talking of getting us all to sub up again. Something has happened, it's clear - maybe he's already been given his walking papers and is being allowed to exit (guffaw) gracefully, maybe they have already said no 2014, it could be several things. But it's clear he has lost any bit of professionalism he had left - which is remarkable, as he had very little to begin with.
    I think you're on to something here. I personally had the same thought a long time ago. I have a sneaking suspicion that upper management canned the line for 2014 and told Scott that 2013 is now the last year.

I really can't feel too bad about it if it's true. I LOVE my MOTUC collection (despite all the complaining I do about Matty). But, I wouldn't complain if I didn't care. I truly want the line to continue to 2017 and beyond, but not if the figures keep getting worse. The Matty fans will have us believe that sub sales keep slipping due to the lack of heavy-hitters. This simply is not true. There are plenty of heavy-hitters left. Plenty of great figures to be made. People are just tired of Matty's shenanigins. I'm one of them. This black plastic thing could very well be the straw the broke the camel's back for me. I'm really considering cancelling my credit card and my 2013 sub at this point. I almost didn't even sub for 2013 because I was so mad with Mattel and Scott.. However, Scott's PROMISE that he would finish out all heavy hitters in 2013 swayed me...and now he's saying that won't happen and that we "Only made 135% of sub sales". For me, that was the world's biggest "*** Moment" I've ever had. 135% of sub sales isn't good enough? Then *** was the 100% mark, if reaching 100% was just the "bare minimum to even consider making the line".

Seriously, Matty is the worst company to deal with. They have made this line NO FUN to collect any more.

Heroic Warrior
    I discussed the topic with other fans:

It's true, I also lost the fun of collecting the line because of all the issues. I'll try to get my hands on my few left faves, but it's not fun anymore.

I purchased some Sideshow, LEGO & 4HM's Outer Space Men stuff and it's very nice, getting flawless products from other companies.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I started having more fun with the line again when I stopped dealing with Mattycollector and started ordering with BBTS. Yes, I'll pay more (epsecially next year), but, unlike folks who dealt with Matty, when I got a Sorceress in a Fisto box instead of Fisto, I actually wound up a Fisto to replace it. THere's things like this that other e-tailers can't control, but I would be a lot more forgiving in this case if it wasn't on top of the worst customer service on the net.

When people decide to deliberatley avoid the main site selling these figures just to enjoy collecting them, that should be a signal to Mattel that something is majorly wrong.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    The same people saying the same rehashed version of what someone else said in a previous thread or post... Glad you guys have something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    The same people saying the same rehashed version of what someone else said in a previous thread or post... Glad you guys have something to do.
    The same person pointing out the same thing that someone else said in a previous thread or post. Glad YOU have something to do.

P.S. I don't have a life.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Well according to the Pictures of Cy-Chop on the Prototype / Test Shot page....like the Snake Man before him, is appearing to be an unpainted final figure, and showing there is no end to the black plastic garbage, at least for the foreseeable future....and to be honest, it's wearing on me, enough not to change my card info that expires in January....if the black plastic is still present on Decembers figures, and I hear no resolution for 2013 on this, I will let my sub go, I am not paying for a whole year of Black figures, painted because of some overpaid design team member who is too dull to understand even basic facts that you can't simply paint tight action figure joints, or reverse anatomically correct forearms, and needs to go as far away from MOTUC as possible, and a multi million dollar company who is too cheap to do high priced figures well enough that they look like crap after you move a leg for the first time.

$25 plus shipping is too much for black painted plastic that chips under even careful posing.

I refuse to be told you have to buy a sub to keep these figures coming, then find out they turn then into garbage, and for them to expect to keep getting my money for their ineptitude, or just plain greed or both. As I said smaller figures I can buy in a store for $10 - $15 no shipping....whatever, they are what they are, but these are "collector" high end for Mattel toys, we can only get online, and shipping is a premium as well, and I will not justify my money for figures that look as if Mrs McCallisters 4th grade class was learning to finger paint. Some Vykrons look as if they are not even fully painted, the factory painters are too lazy with basic details to not slop paint around a figure, now you want them to paint an entire figure? Yeah....great idea.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 17, 2012 at 12:09pm.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Well according to the Pictures of Cy-Chop on the Prototype / Test Shot page....like the Snake Man before him, is appearing to be an unpainted final figure, and showing there is no end to the black plastic garbage, at least for the foreseeable future....and to be honest, it's wearing on me, enough not to change my card info that expires in January....if the black plastic is still present on Decembers figures, and I hear no resolution for 2013 on this, I will let my sub go,
    Pardon me butting into your business, but I would recommend you base your decision on resolutions you SEE, not hear, by your January deadline. There is no integrity behind Mattel's words - they have shown time and time again that they will not stand behind their words or deeds. I'd hate to see you out $700 that you don't want to spend based on more false words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I discussed the topic with other fans:

It's true, I also lost the fun of collecting the line because of all the issues. I'll try to get my hands on my few left faves, but it's not fun anymore.

I purchased some Sideshow, LEGO & 4HM's Outer Space Men stuff and it's very nice, getting flawless products from other companies.
    Collecting the line was no longer fun for me either. It was very hard not to buy DB Skeletor or Frosta today. Those were 2 of my most wanted figures since day 1. I'm glad there are threads like this that remind me why I made the decision to drop the line after Spikor.

I'd really like to buy those Hot Toys Batman, Bane, Cat Woman, and Joker figures, but I'm not dropping $1K on 4 figures. I'll just make do with my comics for now. At least those are cheap enough that I don't have regret buying them.

Pardon me butting into your business, but I would recommend you base your decision on resolutions you SEE, not hear, by your January deadline. There is no integrity behind Mattel's words - they have shown time and time again that they will not stand behind their words or deeds. I'd hate to see you out $700 that you don't want to spend based on more false words.
    That is actually what I meant....I have to see something to believe it, but if I hear there hasn't even been an attempt at a resolution, then it's over....I mean in 2013 I only see one figure I absolutely have to have from what's been revealed, and I already have him PO'd at BBTS in case there was an issue with my card anyway, and that's Ram-Man & maybe Jitsu. So to cancel my sub by letting the card go, would not hurt me one bit. And all I need after that is Mantenna & Dragstor to finish my personal collection, aside from BA He-Man which I still have to track down, but that is another story.

I bought a sub to have a bigger collection, and to avoid DOS, I like the Foe Men & Netossa, but I do not have to have them, if they will all be painted like the last half of this years are. For the higher prices of $25 plus a higher shipping, they seriously had better pull it together for 2013 to keep my money.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    However, Scott's PROMISE that he would finish out all heavy hitters in 2013 swayed me...and now he's saying that won't happen and that we "Only made 135% of sub sales". For me, that was the world's biggest "*** Moment" I've ever had. 135% of sub sales isn't good enough? Then *** was the 100% mark, if reaching 100% was just the "bare minimum to even consider making the line".

Seriously, Matty is the worst company to deal with. They have made this line NO FUN to collect any more.
    I'm onboard with you. We're coming off of such a great moment where I thought the fans really came through and accomplished everything that was being asked of them and more only to keep hearing retractions coming from Scott on his major 2014 assurances. Then we get the outbursts on his forums we he is reduced to comparing himself to other brand managers and MOTUC to other lines which can hardly be categorized as "adult collector" quality. Discouraging and disappointing to say the least.

And I think you need to learn what the term "manager" means.

He is in CHARGE of coordinating all those things.

A manager, when the people who are working on various things screw up, you work to prevent it from happening again. You don't throw them under the bus, you don't throw your hands up and say, "sorry, not my fault!", you don't talk down to customers, you don't blame customers for your screw-ups or those of the people who work on the brand you MANAGE.

A manager has accountability. A manager works with various suppliers, distributors, designers, to take care of problems and work to prevent them from happening again.

We have the same things happening over, and over, and over. And instead Scott spends his time being snarky to customers, making completely unprofessional comments about other companies (true or not, it's business and you don't do that unless you are Donald Trump), and deflecting criticism like a grade-schooler pointing the fingers at everyone else.

I think the problem is that some people think of him as their buddy, their friend, and really don't understand how business works. That's part of why he has gotten away with this behavior for so long, and why he thinks he can speak to people the way that he does. He is not some fellow poster on a message board. When people cheer his snarky comments to customers, they show an utter lack of understanding of business professionalism. It doesn't matter how rotten a customer posts a question, you do not return in kind. And, in this case, unlike most businesses, he doesn't HAVE to reply to every one. And he doesn't. He apparently, on top of his utter lack of management skills, has no filter or impulse control. I don't know how anyone can see the words he has said in the last week or so, and not be completely floored.

But besides that, how many years have we been dealing with the same problems? The same problems he comes out every three to six months and pledges to fix? If he is as impotent as people like the above poster project, then he's a liar for saying he would have these problems addressed in the first place.

This is the reality of the situation. Not opinion, fact. People seem to have very short memories around here. I've used the analogy before, but it bears repeating. Is one little scratch on a car a huge deal? For most people, not really. But when the scratches keep adding up, are on most sides of the vehicle, and in spite of promised otherwise keeps getting scratched - it becomes a much bigger problem. If a new scratch happens, you cannot say "it's just a scratch" - because on top of all the other scratches, it now has become major damage.

But it's all Ruben's fault, right. Or the 4H's design decisions. Or the manufacture employees. He even has the nerve to regularly blame issues on the customers.

That's just insane behavior on his part to not take accountability. He has skated by all this time by fans saying "Oh this is just a little scratch", but when the car is as scratched up as this one is, and sub sales have dropped by half for each of the last two years, it's still not the Brand Manager's fault for managing the line into the ground. It's everyone else. If you cannot see the problem with that, then I have to say - you just do not know about real-world business and need to look at this situation outside of the MOTUC bubble.

Very good points. As a manager I can't see how he wasn't aware of the black plastic "MOTUC austerity" measures. I also find it obtuse that he responds with "I'll submit this for review"... Scott, you're in charge of the review to begin with!

Anyway, if ever there was an example of how damaging it is to make promises you can't keep and being honest without being tactful, this is it. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt in saying he wasn't purposefully lying just to squeeze the last remaining drop of loyalty out of us, but as for myself I'm all wrung out from all the 2013 sub hoopla. All goodwill he had with me is used up.
    Last edited by Inhibitor; September 17, 2012 at 12:53pm.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

You know, I can live with a painted forearm, a bicep, heads even, loose joints can be fixed with superglue or nail polish, even somewhat sloppy paint apps, but 3/4 of a figure even tight joints that are guaranteed to chip being painted is enough, when adding all the other things up, price increases, dealing with Matty at times, it has become BS to enjoy, at least the collecting side of it, and that is half the fun of it. So this issue has me aggravated and worried that this is the future of the line, and as I said if it is, count me out, I will let my sub cancel itself, and collect the last 3 figures I must have from the line, IF, and a big IF, they even get made....well 2 after Ram-Man.

You have now a Brand "Manager" who isn't in charge of the brand? Management may have the final say over Scott, but Scott has to OK things....if not, why in the hell is he there at all? If design runs the line, then why do we need to go through Scott anymore? You know some clarification would be nice, to who is actually in charge of MOTUC anymore, as having the final say, under all the Upper, Upper Management buck passing.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 17, 2012 at 01:02pm.
    Coming....
    Considering....

Heroic Warrior

Well said as usual. I remember during the sub drive one of the prominent Orgers said that “Scott is one of us.” That statement made me want to throw up. I really hope people open their eyes and realize that this man is not their friend and that they have nothing to gain by kissing his ass. He’s in this for his own glory and will do his best to sweep any and all problems under the rug instead of fixing them.

I find it amazing after the line almost died last month that Scott still has not learned anything as to why it almost did.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Well according to the Pictures of Cy-Chop on the Prototype / Test Shot page....like the Snake Man before him, is appearing to be an unpainted final figure, and showing there is no end to the black plastic garbage, at least for the foreseeable future....and to be honest, it's wearing on me, enough not to change my card info that expires in January....if the black plastic is still present on Decembers figures, and I hear no resolution for 2013 on this, I will let my sub go, I am not paying for a whole year of Black figures, painted because of some overpaid design team member who is too dull to understand even basic facts that you can't simply paint tight action figure joints, or reverse anatomically correct forearms, and needs to go as far away from MOTUC as possible, and a multi million dollar company who is too cheap to do high priced figures well enough that they look like crap after you move a leg for the first time.

$25 plus shipping is too much for black painted plastic that chips under even careful posing.

I refuse to be told you have to buy a sub to keep these figures coming, then find out they turn then into garbage, and for them to expect to keep getting my money for their ineptitude, or just plain greed or both. As I said smaller figures I can buy in a store for $10 - $15 no shipping....whatever, they are what they are, but these are "collector" high end for Mattel toys, we can only get online, and shipping is a premium as well, and I will not justify my money for figures that look as if Mrs McCallisters 4th grade class was learning to finger paint. Some Vykrons look as if they are not even fully painted, the factory painters are too lazy with basic details to not slop paint around a figure, now you want them to paint an entire figure? Yeah....great idea.
    Realistically... given how far ahead these figures are often manufactured... we may not see an end to the use of black plastic (if in fact we do at all) until Jan/Feb 2013. And no I don't purport to represent fact as relayed to me by anyone w/in Mattel, but based on previous posts on similar topics, this seems about the soonest they would be able to stop this use. Again, assuming they plan to stop at all.

Personally I just want a reasonable explanation as to, A) Why they started using it in the first place, B) How soon they will stop using it, C) If there are any plans to go back to 'press' on figures known to have black plastic use and much paint wear as a result- meaning just about all of the figures in the last several months.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Realistically... given how far ahead these figures are often manufactured... we may not see an end to the use of black plastic (if in fact we do at all) until Jan/Feb 2013. And no I don't purport to represent fact as relayed to me by anyone w/in Mattel, but based on previous posts on similar topics, this seems about the soonest they would be able to stop this use. Again, assuming they plan to stop at all.

Personally I just want a reasonable explanation as to, A) Why they started using it in the first place, B) How soon they will stop using it, C) If there are any plans to go back to 'press' on figures known to have black plastic use and much paint wear as a result- meaning just about all of the figures in the last several months.
    Here you go:

a - can't answer due to legal reasons
    b - can't answer due to legal reasons
    c - there will be no reissues after, who is it, Man-e-faces?

Easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Well said as usual. I remember during the sub drive one of the prominent Orgers said that “Scott is one of us.” That statement made me want to throw up. I really hope people open their eyes and realize that this man is not their friend and that they have nothing to gain by kissing his ass. He’s in this for his own glory and will do his best to sweep any and all problems under the rug instead of fixing them.

I find it amazing after the line almost died last month that Scott still has not learned anything as to why it almost did.
    I really don't mean to offend anyone nor am I trying to squash an open, honest discussion, but why the egregious and vitriolic hate here guys? PPC's comments quoted above are only one in a long litany of gripes by many others lately. This smacks of almost making it personal. Calling for Scott's job, bashing on Scott for every perceived slight, and worst of all assuming way more than may even be reality.

I guess sometimes just openly commenting rather than censoring helps the healing process (such as it is in this case), but sometimes it's best to realize that what you say can't be unsaid. Be upset and offer constructive criticisms if you must, but at least try on some level to keep things professional. Otherwise you're no better than the person(s) your nailing to the wall.

Heroic Warrior
    I really don't mean to offend anyone nor am I trying to squash an open, honest discussion, but why the egregious and vitriolic hate here guys? PPC's comments quoted above are only one in a long litany of gripes by many others lately. This smacks of almost making it personal. Calling for Scott's job, bashing on Scott for every perceived slight, and worst of all assuming way more than may even be reality.

I guess sometimes just openly commenting rather than censoring helps the healing process (such as it is in this case), but sometimes it's best to realize that what you say can't be unsaid. Be upset and offer constructive criticisms if you must, but at least try on some level to keep things professional. Otherwise you're no better than the person(s) your nailing to the wall.
    It absolutely can be unsaid! It's called the edit button.

Scott tries to "unsay" his things all the time. You should try it!

By the way, keeping things professional is his job, technically speaking. But I'll do my part as well. I never hear him rise up in anger whenever there's swapped shoulders, unpainted colors, and the like. It does make we wonder what kind of fan he is, to be honest. Just my opinion.

Speaking for myself, I am not a fan of throwing my hard-earned money at anybody that can't earn my money in return. It's my expectation as a customer, as lofty as you may think my expectations might be.

I can buy a half-baked Frosta, or a definitive Mega Man D-Arts figure WITH Rush and Met with the same money. That's the market they are in.

- - - Updated - - -

All I am thinking is best-case scenario He-man returns to retail in some capacity. The bucks are available, and there will be the window to undo all the warts of the Collector line. If it manages to reach retail, I would certainly start with:

-Spikor
    -Stinkor
    -Snout Spout
    -King Hssss
    -Teela
    -Sorceress
    -Frosta
    -Roboto
    -She-Ra
    -Figures 07/2011-XX/2012

The list goes on....retail would go a long way to help the line.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; September 17, 2012 at 02:15pm.

Heroic Warrior

It's really pretty simple and the point has been made countless times. After four years of continued problems with the line along with a brand manager's snarky arrogant demeanor rubbing salt in the wound of said problems, people have just had enough. Scott gets what he gives I guess.

It's really pretty simple and the point has been made countless times. After four years of continued problems with the line along with a brand manager's snarky arrogant demeanor rubbing salt in the wound of said problems, people have just had enough. Scott gets what he gives I guess.
    Yes, but at the risk of possibly offending anyone (hopefully not, but these things happen), snarky is as snarky does. Scott has a certain way with words that many don't agree with, especially when it's deliberately obstreperous, but what are you gonna do? Calling for his job or continuing to bash his perceived mis-management accomplishes nothing. Perhaps its clamorous sturm/drang helps get it out of your system, but it's not going to accomplish a damn thing in getting Scott fired/to step down, pardon my candor.

Again, focus on the black plastic issue is my point. That's what started this whole deal anyway and is the most important factor at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    It absolutely can be unsaid! It's called the edit button.

Scott tries to "unsay" his things all the time. You should try it!
    Hah... this is funny. Thanks for the dose of reality.

I really don't understand how Mattel uses the term 'manager'. I'm a manager, all issues ultimately fall on me. If something goes wrong I can't say "oh Bob did, I'll ask, if you provide evidence." I also know that an answer of "oops, well that's how it is and is going to stay that way, be happy we did it at all" or "well the it is done 6 months in advance and Joe didn't see it 2 weeks before so it's not a big deal" would also cost me my job.

My actions, in relation to the company, always have to be done professionally. Even if it's my off hours, if it's about the company I'm held rresponsable for what I say 24/7.

I have only noticed the black paint on Vykron, it just looked off on the arms. Part of this is because of the org and I am no longer truly trying to pose my figures due to fear of paint rub. I used to open them and test every joint and try finding a new unique pose before going on the shelf.

Hopefully this ends soon.

J

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, but at the risk of possibly offending anyone (hopefully not, but these things happen), snarky is as snarky does. Scott has a certain way with words that many don't agree with, especially when it's deliberately obstreperous, but what are you gonna do? Calling for his job or continuing to bash his perceived mis-management accomplishes nothing. Perhaps its clamorous sturm/drang helps get it out of your system, but it's not going to accomplish a damn thing in getting Scott fired/to step down, pardon my candor.
    Complaining about complaining doesn't accomplish anything either, but you still do it. Why is that any different than me wanting someone who can't manage a line correctly to be let go? Expressing that opinion may not accomplish anything, but it's what I believe is the best solution when a Brand Manager's antics actually costs a company sales.

Complaining about complaining doesn't accomplish anything either, but you still do it. Why is that any different than me wanting someone who can't manage a line correctly to be let go? Expressing that opinion may not accomplish anything, but it's what I believe is the best solution when a Brand Manager's antics actually costs a company sales.
    I see a heap of difference in trying to redirect the conversation back on topic and outright complaining. And if complaining is all you see in my comments PPC, perhaps you should look at the subtext a little closer. I'm more than willing to see what you and others (not trying to single you out by any means) are saying and honor that wholeheartedly, regardless of how ham-fisted my methods. I just don't see the point in laboring the issue of how bad a manager Scott is or isn't. That's all I'm trying to say.

Heroic Warrior
    I see a heap of difference in trying to redirect the conversation back on topic and outright complaining. And if complaining is all you see in my comments PPC, perhaps you should look at the subtext a little closer. I'm more than willing to see what you and others (not trying to single you out by any means) are saying and honor that wholeheartedly, regardless of how ham-fisted my methods. I just don't see the point in laboring the issue of how bad a manager Scott is or isn't. That's all I'm trying to say.
    The conversation is on topic. The black plastic and Scott's performance in dealing with that problem are apart of the same issue. It all comes back to his mismanagement, PR, lack of responsibility, etc. for the sub par quality of these high priced figures and the mood of the customer.

You're the one not staying on topic because you are busy calling out other people because their posts don't meet your expectations. BTW you did single me out. That's how this whole diversion began.
    Last edited by PPC; September 17, 2012 at 04:03pm.