Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Secret Origin of Skeletor Mini Comic Thread - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    They show his face and say he merges with Keldor.

Why does Skeletor have a green mohawk in the flash forward from Faceless One?

J
    I don't have the comic, but that must be Son Of Skeletor- yellow and blue make green

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Please do not request scans in this thread. thanks.
    Which thread should I ask for them in? *rimshot*
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Here's a run down of the story, just going off memory. Don't have it in front of me.

- Scrollos introduces the story in text

- Songster is in the royal palace telling kids the origin of Skeletor. The kids look like young tiny versions of Teela, Clamp Champ, Adam, Whiplash. Not sure if it's really them.

- We see prince Randor and Keldor taking on Marzo. Marzo banishes Miro. Marzo is turned into an old man and imprisoned.

- Back at the palace, Randor tells the people Miro has fallen in battle and Keldor is next in line. The people revolt about a Gar king, race of murderers and what not. The queen should take over instead they say. Randor tells his mom to go get Keldor to talk to the people.

- Somehow Keldor accidentally impales the queen, people want his head, so Randor banishes Keldor from the kingdom. Probably my least favorite part of the comic. Everything happens as a matter of fact and without any character development.

- Keldor with Panthor travel together and run into Hordak in spirit/hologram form. He teaches Keldor how to use magic. Tells him about the Havok staff.

- Keldor invades Zalasia and fights the Faceless One. He sees the future of Keldor (Evil Lyn, their baby, Skeletor, etc) and hands over the staff voluntarily.

- Keldor now empowered with the staff tells Hordak he no longer needs him and attacks him.

- Keldor gathers an army of outcasts from around the world (Beast Man, Kronis, Tri-Klops, etc)

- Battle against Randor ensues, acid burns Keldor's face. Keldor goes back to Hordak begging. Hordak turns him into Skeletor.

- Back at the palace the kids make references to major things from the bios and say none of that is real to Songster.

- Randor overhears and sadly says it is true.

-The End

You know it was actually pretty good, basically putting together a bunch of the stuff we read in the bios. Story flowed well and nothing weird happened like Orko becoming the main villain.

Heroic Warrior
    Who is the old man in the crowd that is confused about where he is? I don't think it is Marzo because he doesn't have a mustache

Heroic Warrior
    That sounds simply awesome! I'm glad they're starting to weave story threads together. I've always thought that the majority of Keldor/Skeletor's accessories were as soon as I saw Zalasia brought up in the 2002 series. Now in the Classics mythos, it's official that he got the staff from the Faceless One. Take a look at Panthor's helmet and the Keldor swords we got in last year's weapons pak. Both are "ram" inspired and fit the motif. I think Keldor comes across Zalasia after his banishment, shacks up with Evil Lyn, and then they plot to take her father's power for themselves. I'm on cloud nine right now, story wise! So very very awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    - Scrollos introduces the story in text
    WOW Scrollos, thats so sweet man! I can't wait to get this comic but it takes like four weeks for my packages from Matty to arrive.
    Do we see a picture of him or is it just signed 'Scrollos' like in the UK comics?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Yeah just text

That is supposed to be Keldor and Evil-Lyn's son with the mohawk correct? I'm assuming his name is Skeleteen based on the box art vote. I think he needs a figure asap because he is the Eternian version of a Dreadnok! I hope that's a mask and not his actual face though. Overall the comic was amazing compared to the previous issues.

Reading it a second time, Faceless One hands over the staff to allow his bloodline to continue, even through Skeletor.

Yeah the comic was good, maybe the best one of the new minis. No new information though.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    That is supposed to be Keldor and Evil-Lyn's son with the mohawk correct? I'm assuming his name is Skeleteen based on the box art vote. I think he needs a figure asap because he is the Eternian version of a Dreadnok! I hope that's a mask and not his actual face though. Overall the comic was amazing compared to the previous issues.
    It's a Skull mask. Like in Karate Kid. (Look close you will see the string). Incidentally, that design (and name) came from the vintage He-Ro SOHM bible. Too cool not to use!
    Last edited by Toyguru; March 15, 2013 at 05:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    That sounds simply awesome! I'm glad they're starting to weave story threads together. I've always thought that the majority of Keldor/Skeletor's accessories were as soon as I saw Zalasia brought up in the 2002 series.
    That already was established in MVC's 200X comics. There, Keldor travelled back in time and demanded the Havoc Staff in exchange to taking baby Evil-Lyn into the future, saving her from Zalesia's destruction by Serpos. Emiliano's pitched plan to MVCreations was to have Keldor give her away after that. before meeting her grown-up self years later.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    It's a Skull mask. Like in Karate Kid. (Look close you will see the string). Incidentally, that design (and name) came from the vintage He-Ro SOHM bible. Too cool not to use!
    Please oh please- I know there's a new roadmap and blah blah blah, but can't we at least get He-Ro Son Of He-Man Vs. Skeleteen Son Of Skeletor SDCC Exclusive Two-Pack! You know you want to...

Well that would explain why that looks like such a bad 90's design. Making it kewl fer da kidz.

So, Son Of Skeletor's name is............... SKELETEEN ???????

Well, it reminds me a scene from Spider-Man 1 Movie :-

Ring Announcer : What’s your name kid ?

Peter Parker : The Human Spider !

Ring Announcer : The human spider ? That’s it ?? That’s the best you got ???

Peter Parker : Yeah… !

Ring Announcer : Oh that SUCKS !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I didn't realize that was Skeletor's son.

strike first! strike hard! no mercy!

kobra (khan) kai

Please oh please make him! I want him and Dare before this line ends!! And thanks for the clarification.

This storyline adds so many layers to the character of Skeletor! He is more of a tragic figure now, and there are some very real themes going on...racism, betrayal, brother vs. brother, duty, honor, etc. Scott and Co. knocked this one out of the park!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    This storyline adds so many layers to the character of Skeletor! He is more of a tragic figure now, and there are some very real themes going on...racism, betrayal, brother vs. brother, duty, honor, etc. Scott and Co. knocked this one out of the park!
    None of that is new. Nor did Scott come up with any of that.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    None of that is new. Nor did Scott come up with any of that.
    When were the Gars made into a hated race? Was it ever stated in MYP or anywhere prior to this continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    When were the Gars made into a hated race? Was it ever stated in MYP or anywhere prior to this continuity?
    Check out the bit about king Miro

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-for-the-Comic
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    songster, lil adam, lil teela, lil stratos!, elders doing something! he-mans granny!, strange scarred red eyed old man, cool kitty, loada staffs wheres teelas snake staff?, the mighty one, punk- kid skeletor,joining into 200x, lil clampy, whos the other redhead
    all in all i loved it designs were cool answered a few questions while adding 50 more.
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I don't have King he-Man yet, but this reminds me...we know nothing of Miro's wife/Randor's mother. She wasn't even in Filmation...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Very cool link! There is a lot of info there for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I think Scott has said on RGD that the Skeletor mini-comic is based on MOTUC-bios. Just like the 3 earlier ones.
    So by that note, there will be Demo-Man possibly mentioned, or shown.
    Jukka make that shown... very briefly but you see him in the panel in the lower left corner... my facebook page has it if you can copy and add it please do.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....