Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Secret Origin of Skeletor Mini Comic Thread - Spoilers

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm wondering if the little girl (not Teela) speaking on the last page is supposed to be someone of significance. Reminds me of Lt. Andra.
    I was thinking that she kind of looked like Mara from NA. I can dream, right?

To me, it's the same basic story I've already heard, so nothing new there, plus Spector being in it, diminishes it for me.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Permit some self-indulgent wandering down memory lane for a moment here . . .

I was one of the first to espouse the Keldor Origin as a possibility, back in the mid-90s when Adam Tyner was first gathering information for his first web page. And I toyed with the idea that 'Skeletor may have some legitimate claim to the throne of Eternia' back on the mailing list, although I eventually decided that Keldor was the younger twin brother instead. Even when I was toying with the concept, though, I figured that there were several reasons that Skeletor would never press the claim--he resents his former family for imagined slights, and he's pledged himself to dark forces that espouse principles of chaos and conquest by force instead.

But it should be noted that the Keldor Origin has progressed through several stages.
    1. Back in the mini-comic "The Search for Keldor", there is no hint that Randor or anyone was suspicious of Keldor. All we know is that he was Randor's brother and a student of magic whose experiments went wrong and was "lost in dimensions beyond time." We also know that Skeletor was desperate to prevent him from being found, and that Randor was willing to go to some lengths to find his brother. Later behind-the-scenes material has revealed that Keldor was intended to be Skeletor, but no one but Skeletor knew that. There's also nothing that suggests he was anything but human--not that it's not a possibility, mind, but there are other possible explanations for that blue skin. Exactly how the transformation happened is a mystery, although some third-hand reports suggest possibilities that line up with the Powers of Grayskull and the Classics origin in fascinating ways.

2. In 200X, Keldor shows up, but we're never told that he's Randor's half-brother. Here again, we have to rely on authorial commentary for the relationship, as well as the anti-Gar sentiment. I don't think anything's ever suggested that he was the older of the two, and I believe the creatives have stated that Keldor was always supposed to be a 'bad seed'. He has some resentment of Randor, but that could be post-Great Unrest/Rebellion. In any case, there's no indication that he was somehow ill-treated outside of his own ego.

3. The Classics line has given us the heavy anti-Gar racism and the idea that Keldor was exiled before he went bad, as well as the 'unify the planet' ambition. (Matthew Ratzloff and I came up with that idea when brainstorming backstories for old Bonehead in 2001, and since Matt R. was in contact with Mattel to some extent, it may have made its way into Mattel's archives somewhere. Then again, it could just be simultaneous creation. I know I've been surprised at how many of my own ideas I've seen show up in 200X and Classics. ) I haven't read the mini-comic, but the DC Origin comic overplayed the 'poor Keldor' angle, IMO. If anyone remembers my own Skeletor origin fanfic, Keldor did lose his mother--but the major effect of that was to further convince him of his own superiority. Resentment of Randor for being first-born despite Keldor's obvious superiority, anger over the fact that many people 'failed to respect' his magical talents, a hunger for Graysull's power, and a strong cynical streak combined to do the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Permit some self-indulgent wandering down memory lane for a moment here . . .

I was one of the first to espouse the Keldor Origin as a possibility, back in the mid-90s when Adam Tyner was first gathering information for his first web page. And I toyed with the idea that 'Skeletor may have some legitimate claim to the throne of Eternia' back on the mailing list, although I eventually decided that Keldor was the younger twin brother instead. Even when I was toying with the concept, though, I figured that there were several reasons that Skeletor would never press the claim--he resents his former family for imagined slights, and he's pledged himself to dark forces that espouse principles of chaos and conquest by force instead.

But it should be noted that the Keldor Origin has progressed through several stages.
    1. Back in the mini-comic "The Search for Keldor", there is no hint that Randor or anyone was suspicious of Keldor. All we know is that he was Randor's brother and a student of magic whose experiments went wrong and was "lost in dimensions beyond time." We also know that Skeletor was desperate to prevent him from being found, and that Randor was willing to go to some lengths to find his brother. Later behind-the-scenes material has revealed that Keldor was intended to be Skeletor, but no one but Skeletor knew that. There's also nothing that suggests he was anything but human--not that it's not a possibility, mind, but there are other possible explanations for that blue skin. Exactly how the transformation happened is a mystery, although some third-hand reports suggest possibilities that line up with the Powers of Grayskull and the Classics origin in fascinating ways.

2. In 200X, Keldor shows up, but we're never told that he's Randor's half-brother. Here again, we have to rely on authorial commentary for the relationship, as well as the anti-Gar sentiment. I don't think anything's ever suggested that he was the older of the two, and I believe the creatives have stated that Keldor was always supposed to be a 'bad seed'. He has some resentment of Randor, but that could be post-Great Unrest/Rebellion. In any case, there's no indication that he was somehow ill-treated outside of his own ego.

3. The Classics line has given us the heavy anti-Gar racism and the idea that Keldor was exiled before he went bad, as well as the 'unify the planet' ambition. (Matthew Ratzloff and I came up with that idea when brainstorming backstories for old Bonehead in 2001, and since Matt R. was in contact with Mattel to some extent, it may have made its way into Mattel's archives somewhere. Then again, it could just be simultaneous creation. I know I've been surprised at how many of my own ideas I've seen show up in 200X and Classics. ) I haven't read the mini-comic, but the DC Origin comic overplayed the 'poor Keldor' angle, IMO. If anyone remembers my own Skeletor origin fanfic, Keldor did lose his mother--but the major effect of that was to further convince him of his own superiority. Resentment of Randor for being first-born despite Keldor's obvious superiority, anger over the fact that many people 'failed to respect' his magical talents, a hunger for Graysull's power, and a strong cynical streak combined to do the rest.
    We definitely think alike in many ways! I've been fooling around with the Keldor story ever since I first read "The Search For Keldor" in 2000 (due to the commemorative series) and I've also been surprised how many of my ideas coincidentally worked their way into the official canon.

I love the concept of Keldor so much that I wrote a 84,000+ word novel about it, so I get excited when official stuff like this comes out (even if I end up ignoring it, lol).
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

It was decent. I know space is an issue, but they did a better job here than on the other minis.

There are some...awkward things. The whole "oops I killed the queen" bit was lame. Also little Adam, Teela, Stratos, Clamp Champ, and Ceratus, all sitting around together, dressed exactly how they are as adults. What is this, Muppet Babies?
    But I liked seeing Keldor's journey and such. It would have been neat to see him rescue Panthor, though.

I've seen people ranting and raving about Spector being in the new comic and all I can say is...wow. People are going over-the-top on this one. It's a tiny appearance in a tiny panel. Honestly, he's quickly representing time-travel which might not be easy to convey so briefly otherwise. I knew exactly what that panel meant when I saw it. And then he was gone. I understand that people don't like Spector being in a lot of things, and I tend to agree, but in this case the anger just isn't warranted imo.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    the funny thing is it partially matches the story i wrote and posted here in the fiction forums now i was using the bios for filler but to think i got it pretty close is cool.

as for the skeleteen son of he-man bible stuff scott did say he had access to the archives when the classics line started
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    i like what you said. In response I'd say can't he be both? Can we feel a little sorry for him, but then have him come back and do such terrible things that the pity we once felt is now severely diminished because of the horror of his more current acts. I think MOTU has room for both and most characters have room to start out one way and then EVOLVE to another.

and as far as the extra dimensional mini comic part. To me that makes sense as Demo mans position, the merging of Keldor and Demo man was the perfect opportunity for Demo man to come into the dimension of Eternia and gain control.
    I'm happy with the 'prince wronged' tragedy as well. I think it builds the determination and motivations within Keldor to make that final decision that once he begins this path of evil, there is NO turning back! He will exact revenge and more for what he (and his mother) have endured. I want that 'product of their environment' character to NOT reach the road of forgiveness, but to rot, decay and become even darker. I am tired of the "we sorry we wronged you can we make amends" story (although it doesn;t hint that it will ever get there) and hope that Skeletor is the "you had your chance... Now It's MY TURN". I mean consider the deeds he did during his rise to evil I don't think he will ever want redemption and that's the way to go.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    It was decent. I know space is an issue, but they did a better job here than on the other minis.

There are some...awkward things. The whole "oops I killed the queen" bit was lame. Also little Adam, Teela, Stratos, Clamp Champ, and Ceratus, all sitting around together, dressed exactly how they are as adults. What is this, Muppet Babies?
    But I liked seeing Keldor's journey and such. It would have been neat to see him rescue Panthor, though.

I've seen people ranting and raving about Spector being in the new comic and all I can say is...wow. People are going over-the-top on this one. It's a tiny appearance in a tiny panel. Honestly, he's quickly representing time-travel which might not be easy to convey so briefly otherwise. I knew exactly what that panel meant when I saw it. And then he was gone. I understand that people don't like Spector being in a lot of things, and I tend to agree, but in this case the anger just isn't warranted imo.
    Evil Lyn hands him the son of Skeletor....that's a pretty major thing!

I've seen people ranting and raving about Spector being in the new comic and all I can say is...wow. It's a tiny appearance in a tiny panel. Honestly, he's quickly representing time-travel which might not be easy to convey so briefly otherwise. And then he was gone. I understand that people don't like Spector being in a lot of things, and I tend to agree, but in this case the anger just isn't warranted imo.
    If it was a mere cameo appearance i'd agree with you, but inserting Spector into this story (even for just one panel) has several ramifications:

1) It adds new info to BG Evil-Lyn's bio, which just said that she used the Cosmic Key to escape to the future. No mention of Spector.

2) Despite Toyguru saying that Spector would use his powers to prevent villains from altering history, now we see him helping them.

3) Spector now plays a huge role in shaping the future of Eternia for the worse. If he'd stopped EL from escaping then Skeleteen may not have become a villain.

Well the question is do we know for sure that Skeleteen becomes evil. I haven't read the comic yet, will here in a bit.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    If it was a mere cameo appearance i'd agree with you, but inserting Spector into this story (even for just one panel) has several ramifications:

1) It adds new info to BG Evil-Lyn's bio, which just said that she used the Cosmic Key to escape to the future. No mention of Spector.

2) Despite Toyguru saying that Spector would use his powers to prevent villains from altering history, now we see him helping them.

3) Spector now plays a huge role in shaping the future of Eternia for the worse. If he'd stopped EL from escaping then Skeleteen may not have become a villain.
    Evil-Lyn had sent their son to the future long before she followed suit after the Ultimate Battleground. She is handing the baby to Spector, not following him through the gate. Spector didn't take her (well, presumably. Maybe more info would change her bio).
    Spector didn't alter history, he took a child to the future. Bringing him to the past would have altered history (well, it might have altered history depending on your point of view, but time travel makes everything convoluted and silly and creates arguments for both sides, which is why it sucks). Also, he took an infant with him to the future, and an infant is innocent.

I thought the comic was pretty good. Not the best of the 4 but not the worst, either. I like some of Skeleteen's look, like the mohawk and the skull mask, but there's a way to make that look REALLY scary, whereas now it just looks kinda 'punk', which looks silly on a battlefield. Also, the name is terrible...it would have fit fine in a Filmation spin-off with him fighting Dare, but the MOTUC cannon is a bit more mature than Filmation, so if they're gonna stick to that, then they should stick to that.

But I still hate the idea of He-Man's and Skeletor's sons fighting--mainly I hate the idea of Evil-Lyn having a kid, cuz her wanting and having one just makes her less evil to me.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post

Cast aside by her secret husband after his transformation, Evil-Lyn® sent their infant son into the future and plotted to overthrow Skeletor® by releasing his enemies from their dimensional prisons. In a series of miscalculations, she helped free the Snake Men™, Hordak® and Gygor™ — increasing her adversaries threefold! After Randor and Miro returned from Despondos™, the Three Towers rose and Evil-Lyn® found herself again allied with Skeletor® during the Second Ultimate Battleground. At the end, defeated and stripped of her powers by the new Sorceress® of Grayskull™, Evil-Lyn® used the Cosmic Key™ and the Power of Central Tower to return to the future to find a new life with her long lost child — The Son of Skeletor®!

The kids was sent to the future long before she got the cosmic key, and she didn't go with him then...

Here's a question I'm curious about... We already KNEW there was time travel, and that the kid was sent to the future...

Why does it matter who opened the portal? I'm not really seeing any ramifications that Spector started, that wouldn't have happened with Evil Lyn doing it.

Also on a seperate note... why do we think that the third panel is Skeletor's kid? To me I figured it was a NA Skeletor... or Horde Prime Skeletor or something... It doesn't reallly look like 'a mask'... as much as skeletro without a hood. There's a big assumption going on here, but I think I missed some information

Read it last night, every time I turned the page, I felt I skipped a page. I even more feel like the comic was pseudo continuity considering the last page said all that stuff that was in the bios was tall tales.

the panel with the Skelepunk he has a neck and hair. Of course we have no real context for that picture and what is going on. The Faceless One's comment also is interesting, he gives Keldor's staff to protect the guardian's line.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I even more feel like the comic was pseudo continuity considering the last page said all that stuff that was in the bios was tall tales.
    I thought that was more Songster trying to deflect the kids' very complicated questions than an admission of "fuzzy continuity" with the MOTUC bios and mini-comics. Are you going to tell the prince of Eternia that he has a twin sister who was kidnapped in infancy or explain to a little girl that she's really a clone of a powerful sorceress who can't divulge her identity to her?
    Wolfman Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    I'm happy with the 'prince wronged' tragedy as well. I think it builds the determination and motivations within Keldor to make that final decision that once he begins this path of evil, there is NO turning back! He will exact revenge and more for what he (and his mother) have endured. I want that 'product of their environment' character to NOT reach the road of forgiveness, but to rot, decay and become even darker. I am tired of the "we sorry we wronged you can we make amends" story (although it doesn;t hint that it will ever get there) and hope that Skeletor is the "you had your chance... Now It's MY TURN". I mean consider the deeds he did during his rise to evil I don't think he will ever want redemption and that's the way to go.
    Right! I feel like when we witness Skeletor being Skeletor the fact that he was once more humanish would actually make him scarier. Have him be twisted, evil, powerful and merciless and then show him deny any sentiment that he was ever part of something good. We as the audience get to witness the transformation and evolution from someone considered noble that we may like to relate to, to someone despicable that we would be afraid to relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The version we have is from 1988. It is a bit different from the later version I've seen online and is basically Dare set in the NA universe/world vs. the Space Mutants and Skeleteen. From what it appears, this bible became/evolved into what we know as NA He-Man and dropped the offspring aspect. We'll see if we can do a spotlight on it in the near future now that characters from it are appearing in the bios and mini comics. Their are some very interesting tid bits in it including the notion that it would have mixed animation with a live action frame story in each episode.

This is 100% conjecture on my part but based on what I have seen. it appears the 1996 version that has shown up online is a second completely different version that went back and took a look at the Dare character who was clearly dropped from the original 1988 version and gave him a new story. But the origin of the character appears to be from the 1988 version. I don't know if that clarifies or complicates things, but there are clearly multiple early He-Ro SOHM storylines that were mixing around, none of which ever launched. The 1988 one appears to have become/evolved into NA He-Man (based on the look of Dare; his name appears under an image we have come to know as NA He-Man) and the inclusion of the Space Mutants and Guardians (most using their original name like Icarius for Flipshot). I showed a page from this bible at SDCC a few years back.
    Would love to see the entire bible one day Scott

Here's the page:

I've been trying to transcribe it, here's what I've got so far, can anybody make out the rest, I've put question mark on bits I'm not sure about:

He-Ro and The New Masters

In addition to Darius and Madre?. He-Ro gathers about him a fighting force of all the leaders of the planet:

HYDRON – Hydron is a warrior from the underwater city of Serus. He is a masterful aquatic warrior who can swim underwater for hours. His people have developed a sophisticated marine technology. and Hydron brings this expertise to the Master's cause. He can also communicate with certain variates of marine life.

ICARIUS – Icarius is a ???? from the floating city of levitan. He is a master of aerial combat and is more at home in the air than on land. With his jet powered wings he is a most capable ally.

VIZAR – Vizar comes from the underground city of Onnor. He is a skilled tunneller and can blast his way through most materials. He is a master spy and can blast in and out of any fortress.

Nocturna – This noble warrior is schooled in a different discipline - even as old as that of the Masters themselves. He can sneak? into the middle of the enemy camp in the middle of the night unnoticed and disarm his opponent? without their knowledge.

In addition to these living allies, He-Ro still has the Zquelan? the vehicle Man-at-Arms built for him so long ago. This versatile? space craft carries him and his loyal followers through space to meet SkeleTeen on his own ground.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Evil-Lyn had sent their son to the future long before she followed suit after the Ultimate Battleground. She is handing the baby to Spector, not following him through the gate. Spector didn't take her (well, presumably. Maybe more info would change her bio).
    Spector didn't alter history, he took a child to the future. Bringing him to the past would have altered history (well, it might have altered history depending on your point of view, but time travel makes everything convoluted and silly and creates arguments for both sides, which is why it sucks). Also, he took an infant with him to the future, and an infant is innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Cast aside by her secret husband after his transformation, Evil-Lyn® sent their infant son into the future and plotted to overthrow Skeletor® by releasing his enemies from their dimensional prisons. In a series of miscalculations, she helped free the Snake Men™, Hordak® and Gygor™ — increasing her adversaries threefold! After Randor and Miro returned from Despondos™, the Three Towers rose and Evil-Lyn® found herself again allied with Skeletor® during the Second Ultimate Battleground. At the end, defeated and stripped of her powers by the new Sorceress® of Grayskull™, Evil-Lyn® used the Cosmic Key™ and the Power of Central Tower to return to the future to find a new life with her long lost child — The Son of Skeletor®!

The kids was sent to the future long before she got the cosmic key, and she didn't go with him then...

Here's a question I'm curious about... We already KNEW there was time travel, and that the kid was sent to the future...

Why does it matter who opened the portal? I'm not really seeing any ramifications that Spector started, that wouldn't have happened with Evil Lyn doing it.
    I look at it this way: Spector kidnaps SkeleTeen away from his relatives in the Royal Family (Adam, Randor etc) and alters the course of both Present and Future history by preventing ST growing up in his proper time, placing him into a time period where he previously did not exist. This also ends up altering history for the worse (there was no Skeleteen in King He-Man's time before this). The HEROIC Spector also failed to capture EVIL-Lyn, and aided her in the abduction of an innocent child from his proper time and home.

The story would have worked better if it was all Evil-Lyn's doing. Throwing Spector into the mix was completely unnecessary and just raises too many questions. Why is he helping a criminal tamper with time travel? Why take the baby into the future at all?

Also on a seperate note... why do we think that the third panel is Skeletor's kid? To me I figured it was a NA Skeletor... or Horde Prime Skeletor or something... It doesn't reallly look like 'a mask'... as much as skeletro without a hood. There's a big assumption going on here, but I think I missed some information
    It was confirmed by Toyguru back on post #35 of this thread. Also, none of the three Skeletor NA figures look like that, and he certainly doesn't have a green mohawk.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; March 30, 2013 at 12:36pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I think Evil-Lyn/Keldor son will have a deep hate & rivalry towards Skeletor.
    After all Evil-Lyn will raise him. Maybe the Faceless-One will help raise son of Keldor also.
    In doing so he would want to rule Eternia & hate his father.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

I am a very accepting chap - I have no issue with the smaller Castle Grayskull, I was fine with the mildly awkward clone element to Teela's bio, I am happy with just about every figure, no problems with reverse shoulders or black plastic, happy with Vykron as the SDCC exclusive, fine with Shadow Weaver as the sub-exclusive, am happy to accept the MOTUC bios as my cannon, am fine with all the real names, think Scott is a stand up guy and does an amazing job for the brand, have no complaints about any characetrs being released as a priority over any other and I even find Digital River's flaws almost endearing at this point...

However...

I cannot find it in myself to find any tollerance for the name "Skeleteen" and even if Roger Sweet, Dolph Lungren, Mark Taylor, Pixel Dan and Val all turned up at my house with bibles, manuscripts and secret mattel blueprints I still would shake my head, close my ears and put my fingers in my ears. I think it is just such a bad name.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Would love to see the entire bible one day Scott

Here's the page:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...psf63af39c.jpg

I've been trying to transcribe it, here's what I've got so far, can anybody make out the rest, I've put question mark on bits I'm not sure about:
    This is what Me and Kevann deciphered, back when it was shown during Flipshot/Icarius's initial reveal -

HE-RO AND THE NEW MASTERS

In adition to Darius and (looks like "madre." Maybe "cadre?), He-Ro gathers about him a fighting force of all the great leaders of the planets.

HYDRON - Hydron is a warrior from the underwater city of ????,
    He is a masterful aquatic warrior who can swim underwater for hours. His people have developed a sophisticated marine technology, and Hydron brings this expertise to the Master's cause. He can also communicate with certain varieties of marine life.

ICARIUS - Icarius is a wing-man from the floating city of Levaton. He is a master of aeriel combat and is more at home in the air than on land. With his jet powered wings he is a most capable ally.

VIZAR - Vizar comes from the underground city of ?????. He is a skilled tunneler and can blast his way through most materials. He is a master spy and can blast his way out of any fortress.

NOCTURNA - This noble warrior is schooled in a different discipline - one as old as that of the masters themselves. He can sneak into the middle of the enemy camp in the middle of the night unnoticed and disarm his opponents without their knowledge.

In addition to these living allies, He-Ro still has the Javelin vehicle Man-At-Arms built for him so long ago. This impossible space craft carries him and his loyal followers through space to meet Skeletor and his own ground!

There may still be lots of mistakes, but interestingly, back then, we all seemed to assume that the He-Ro that was being mentioned was Pre-Ternia He-Ro, and not He-Man's son He-Ro (Dare version)....This subtle connection between the two He-Ros' really starts to add more weight to the fact that they might be one-and-the-same person in the MOTUC canon (ie He-Man's adopted son He-Ro, gets sent back in time by the overlords of Trolla, and ends up in Pre-ternia, as Pre-ternia He-Ro)...at least that's how I hope it goes (I know many disagree, but I think it would be cool, adding more depth to He-Ro as a character and filling blanks of both He-Ro's with one stone)

---------------------

EDIT: OMG you are right - it does say SkeleTeen!!!! That means that back in SDCC 2011, we actually had confirmation of the name SkeleTeen right in front of our eyes and didn't realise it!!!!!!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 31, 2013 at 07:37pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

why does everyone think Skeleteen (worst name in toy history) is going to be a bad guy? even if it was so in the "original" SoHM/NA concept, it doesn't have to be like this in MOTUC. to have Skeletor's son fighting He-Man's son would be the most uninspired and lamest thing to do. there is a reason why the concept was discarded back then! why would a bad concept then be a good concept now?

there are actually two hints that might point towards Skeleteen being a good guy. 1: Faceless One is actually a good guy; he gave his Havoc Staff to Skeletor freely, because he knew it would eventually end up in the right hands. 2. TMS is a good (i.e. fighting on the good side) guy; TMS might have taken Skeleteen to the future to fight the remains of the Horde/Skeletor empire. Skeleteen definitely has some rebel charme.

and here's my guess why Skeleteen had to be brought to the future (from TMS's/King He-Man's point of view): it might well be that Dare ends up being sent into the (time) vortex by Horde Prime (in some time travelling twist of the story) to land in Preternia. Dare's/He-Ro's mind is wiped out and he takes the name Gray (that is Preternian for John Doe). After he is healed by Eldor he might remember parts of his life and becomes He-Ro again. He is also given the Power Sword (the question is what happens to the sword he left in the future?). this would also exlain why He-Ro is such a great wizard - he is actually the son of the Sorceress (i.e. Teela)!

Now, since He-Ro had to be "sacrificed" to the past to start the whole history of the Power Sword in the first place and since there is a vacuum of Grayskull's heirs in the future (let's leave She-Ra's heirs out for a moment), TMS takes Skeletor's son to the future - who is a legitimate heir to the Power of Grayskull! even though there had to be some time travelling twists, it would all make sense.

i really don't hope that Skeleteen turns out to be Unnamed One. this would be so lame. we already have He-Man's character doubled (King Grayskull), please don't make the same mistake with Skeletor as well.

Personally, I still hope that the Unnamed One (no gender revealed!) turns out to be our beloved Mistress of Darkness, Shapoopie.

ps: though i loathe the character TMS, Scott did a great job in this comic. it's probably the best of the new mini comics. an intriguing story that explains a lot and leaves some parts open - not because of lack of ideas, but to make us think about the story. i don't like stories that try to explain everything and end up being a big mess (like a lot of the bios - from today's perspective). this comic really wants you to see more and adds depth to the MOTUC canon.
    Last edited by danvin; April 2, 2013 at 11:57pm.

the other point to take in is what Faceless one says, he says the guardian line must be protected or something along those lines. This could be why Spector has not tried to change Keldor becoming Skeletor, because if he did it would mess up something with Skeleteen and Dare, meaning one of them becomes evil and the other is never born.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    THe two He-Ros have to be two different people in my mind, otherwise He-Man's son is also his ancient ancestor (I still go by that old continuity), and that is just all sorts of disturbing...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior

You mean like this, Scott?