Here's a run down of the story, just going off memory. Don't have it in front of me.
- Scrollos introduces the story in text
- Songster is in the royal palace telling kids the origin of Skeletor. The kids look like young tiny versions of Teela, Clamp Champ, Adam, Whiplash. Not sure if it's really them.
- We see prince Randor and Keldor taking on Marzo. Marzo banishes Miro. Marzo is turned into an old man and imprisoned.
- Back at the palace, Randor tells the people Miro has fallen in battle and Keldor is next in line. The people revolt about a Gar king, race of murderers and what not. The queen should take over instead they say. Randor tells his mom to go get Keldor to talk to the people.
- Somehow Keldor accidentally impales the queen, people want his head, so Randor banishes Keldor from the kingdom. Probably my least favorite part of the comic. Everything happens as a matter of fact and without any character development.
- Keldor with Panthor travel together and run into Hordak in spirit/hologram form. He teaches Keldor how to use magic. Tells him about the Havok staff.
- Keldor invades Zalasia and fights the Faceless One. He sees the future of Keldor (Evil Lyn, their baby, Skeletor, etc) and hands over the staff voluntarily.
- Keldor now empowered with the staff tells Hordak he no longer needs him and attacks him.
- Keldor gathers an army of outcasts from around the world (Beast Man, Kronis, Tri-Klops, etc)
- Battle against Randor ensues, acid burns Keldor's face. Keldor goes back to Hordak begging. Hordak turns him into Skeletor.
- Back at the palace the kids make references to major things from the bios and say none of that is real to Songster.
- Randor overhears and sadly says it is true.
You know it was actually pretty good, basically putting together a bunch of the stuff we read in the bios. Story flowed well and nothing weird happened like Orko becoming the main villain.
Who is the old man in the crowd that is confused about where he is? I don't think it is Marzo because he doesn't have a mustache
That sounds simply awesome! I'm glad they're starting to weave story threads together. I've always thought that the majority of Keldor/Skeletor's accessories were as soon as I saw Zalasia brought up in the 2002 series. Now in the Classics mythos, it's official that he got the staff from the Faceless One. Take a look at Panthor's helmet and the Keldor swords we got in last year's weapons pak. Both are "ram" inspired and fit the motif. I think Keldor comes across Zalasia after his banishment, shacks up with Evil Lyn, and then they plot to take her father's power for themselves. I'm on cloud nine right now, story wise! So very very awesome.
MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr
Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26
That is supposed to be Keldor and Evil-Lyn's son with the mohawk correct? I'm assuming his name is Skeleteen based on the box art vote. I think he needs a figure asap because he is the Eternian version of a Dreadnok! I hope that's a mask and not his actual face though. Overall the comic was amazing compared to the previous issues.
Reading it a second time, Faceless One hands over the staff to allow his bloodline to continue, even through Skeletor.
Yeah the comic was good, maybe the best one of the new minis. No new information though.
"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."
Well, it reminds me a scene from Spider-Man 1 Movie :-
Ring Announcer : What’s your name kid ?
Peter Parker : The Human Spider !
Ring Announcer : The human spider ? That’s it ?? That’s the best you got ???
Peter Parker : Yeah… !
Ring Announcer : Oh that SUCKS !!!!!!
I Can't Wait For MOTU 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't realize that was Skeletor's son.
strike first! strike hard! no mercy!
kobra (khan) kai
This storyline adds so many layers to the character of Skeletor! He is more of a tragic figure now, and there are some very real themes going on...racism, betrayal, brother vs. brother, duty, honor, etc. Scott and Co. knocked this one out of the park!
songster, lil adam, lil teela, lil stratos!, elders doing something! he-mans granny!, strange scarred red eyed old man, cool kitty, loada staffs wheres teelas snake staff?, the mighty one, punk- kid skeletor,joining into 200x, lil clampy, whos the other redhead
all in all i loved it designs were cool answered a few questions while adding 50 more.
when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!
I don't have King he-Man yet, but this reminds me...we know nothing of Miro's wife/Randor's mother. She wasn't even in Filmation...