Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 203

Thread: The Secret Origin of Skeletor Mini Comic Thread - Spoilers

  1. #51
    Queer Sorcerer Telkan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't have King he-Man yet, but this reminds me...we know nothing of Miro's wife/Randor's mother. She wasn't even in Filmation...
    This is what I'm most interested in from this story, personally: the previous queen. Is she given a name? Is there any indication of her relationship to Keldor (i.e., bio-mom or step-mom)?
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

    Zoar28, Facebook


  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    This is what I'm most interested in from this story, personally: the previous queen. Is she given a name? Is there any indication of her relationship to Keldor (i.e., bio-mom or step-mom)?
    No name and it is not stated she is the step mother but it is easily alluded to because they reference Keldor as being Gar and neither she or Miro are. On the same note, it is not stated that she is Randor's biological mother either. She simply could have adopted them after marrying Miro. This ambiguity is why i love the depth Star Wars has, you know everything about the tiniest characters who have literally 0 screen time. MOTU does not share that luxury and we are left guessing.

    I want to know how the Earth is tied to Eternia!!!!

  3. #53
    Queer Sorcerer Telkan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    No name and it is not stated she is the step mother but it is easily alluded to because they reference Keldor as being Gar and neither she or Miro are. On the same note, it is not stated that she is Randor's biological mother either. She simply could have adopted them after marrying Miro. This ambiguity is why i love the depth Star Wars has, you know everything about the tiniest characters who have literally 0 screen time. MOTU does not share that luxury and we are left guessing.

    I want to know how the Earth is tied to Eternia!!!!
    Thanks for answering, wundarwarrior! I only wish your answer had been slightly different, LOL! I'm with you on the love of SW for the depth of knowledge about every single character--I'm not personally one of those fans who wants a bit of mystery. Nope, I want to know it ALL! LOL!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

    Zoar28, Facebook


  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Thanks for answering, wundarwarrior! I only wish your answer had been slightly different, LOL! I'm with you on the love of SW for the depth of knowledge about every single character--I'm not personally one of those fans who wants a bit of mystery. Nope, I want to know it ALL! LOL!
    No problem. I don't mind a temporary mystery but I always want to find out the answer at some point but this is definitely not the property for answers lol. 30 years later and there are probably more questions than answers. Oh well still the most enjoyable universe i can think of

  5. #55
    Completely Serious. Bri-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    right behind you...
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    No name and it is not stated she is the step mother but it is easily alluded to because they reference Keldor as being Gar and neither she or Miro are. On the same note, it is not stated that she is Randor's biological mother either. She simply could have adopted them after marrying Miro. This ambiguity is why i love the depth Star Wars has, you know everything about the tiniest characters who have literally 0 screen time. MOTU does not share that luxury and we are left guessing.

    I want to know how the Earth is tied to Eternia!!!!
    yeah, i'm extremely curious about the earth/eternia link...

    i'm also curious if miro is an innocent character, and if so, how does he maintain innocence? there seems to be a lot of scandal revolving around him.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior Micro-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    685
    Cool, I finally got to read the mini-comic today and I liked this origin story better than the DC comic. King Miro wasn't a jerk, Hordak looks like himself, there's more backstory, and it made me appreciate Keldor as his own character. The murder of the queen and banishment of Keldor is a very important moment that was rushed but I understand that there wasn't enough pages to go in-depth with everything. The same thing happened with the Ultimate Battleground story.

    Was Keldor set-up or did he really kill the queen? It seems like there's a good murder mystery there!

    The quick glimpse into the future was interesting. I'm still not sure how I feel about "Skeleteen" but he has a kinda Mad Max vibe to him, which could be fun for the Son of He-Man era. I know I can't post scans of the comic itself but for those who didn't get the new mini-comic, here's a quick, rough sketch of Skeleteen that I just drew. Sorry I didn't color it but imagine him with blue skin, green mohawk, and a brown trenchcoat...?



    So far, I've enjoyed the MOTUC mini-comics more than the DC comics so I hope there's a way to get more in the future!

  7. #57
    Eternian Sorcerer zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    11,798
    Oooh! I like that Skeleteen design a LOT. Kinda reminds me of some of the baddies from Batman Beyond. He looks like he'd be a bad-ass magic (ab)user. I hope we get a pack with him Vs. He-Ro at some point

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Cool, I finally got to read the mini-comic today and I liked this origin story better than the DC comic. King Miro wasn't a jerk, Hordak looks like himself, there's more backstory, and it made me appreciate Keldor as his own character. The murder of the queen and banishment of Keldor is a very important moment that was rushed but I understand that there wasn't enough pages to go in-depth with everything. The same thing happened with the Ultimate Battleground story.

    Was Keldor set-up or did he really kill the queen? It seems like there's a good murder mystery there!

    The quick glimpse into the future was interesting. I'm still not sure how I feel about "Skeleteen" but he has a kinda Mad Max vibe to him, which could be fun for the Son of He-Man era. I know I can't post scans of the comic itself but for those who didn't get the new mini-comic, here's a quick, rough sketch of Skeleteen that I just drew. Sorry I didn't color it but imagine him with blue skin, green mohawk, and a brown trenchcoat...?

    http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5...eleteen001.jpg

    So far, I've enjoyed the MOTUC mini-comics more than the DC comics so I hope there's a way to get more in the future!
    AH, yes it's got that Batman Beyond design to it but I'm diggin' it slightly. Makes me feel this SOS (Son of Skeletor) is possibly gonna be a character deeply rooted in the mystic arts and maybe this style is gearing towards the voodoo priest fashion style, far from the tech aspect of MOTU? I would eat that up!

    The only thing that I would've hope for and I know this is difficult considering that it's been established a long time ago Skeletor would have a son, is that it would've been a daughter instead. I think that dynamic would've been fantastic! And the design would've looked something like this...

    Female-Skeletor-Cosplay-Costume-5.jpg

    I think the dynamic of having a daughter so twisted and evil would've rocked some foundations and opened the door for many more angles, just my thought.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  9. #59
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,676
    I didn't like that son of Skeletor idea to begin with...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior Micro-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    The only thing that I would've hope for and I know this is difficult considering that it's been established a long time ago Skeletor would have a son, is that it would've been a daughter instead. I think that dynamic would've been fantastic! And the design would've looked something like this...

    Female-Skeletor-Cosplay-Costume-5.jpg

    I think the dynamic of having a daughter so twisted and evil would've rocked some foundations and opened the door for many more angles, just my thought.
    I agree, a twisted daughter of Skeletor would be more dynamic! That's why In My CanonTM, I have He-Ro and the Masters of the Universe dealing with Keltra, the Daughter of Destruction instead! She's cuter too, heheh!


  11. #61
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,313
    The BIG question is, how will he be called after he crosses his teenage ? Or his 30's ?? Skeleveteran ????


    OR like a member on matty forums said, the progression would go like Skeleteen -> Skeleadult -> Skeleold Man -> Skelenior Citizen -> Skeleton !

    Heck, even "Papa Shango" would have been a better name than this joke !

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I agree, a twisted daughter of Skeletor would be more dynamic! That's why In My CanonTM, I have He-Ro and the Masters of the Universe dealing with Keltra, the Daughter of Destruction instead! She's cuter too, heheh!

    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4148/keltra14x.jpg
    wOw..... We've hit the nail on same time ! LOL !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

  12. #62
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,815
    I wish we could Lou Scheimer if "Skeleteen" was something he created. He may not be doing well physically, but his mind is still plenty sharp (he was actually rather funny when I met him at sdcc).

    But in any case, wherever "Skeleteen" came from, why did Scott use it? If it did come from previously written material, why keep it? It's not a good name

    I mean, I know that several of the names of MOTU characters are a bit silly... but "Skeleteen" is just on another level... it sounds like something out of a small small kids story-book about Halloween or something. I don't care for the name.

    Looking forward to seeing this comic on Monday though
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  13. #63
    Claw Full Of It Clawful Ofit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    814
    Ha! Thats a horrible design! Just what Eternia needed a whiney wrist cutter! Nice jacket dork. Hope he doesn't get stuffed in his locker at school for being the brooding, outcast loner. Terrible name & design.

    Just as I was coming around to KHM & SOH a little I see this. Easy pass. Now, in my canon Skeletor & Evil-Lyn can't have babies.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!


  14. #64
    Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,010
    Skeleteen's look is ok and I don't mind Skeletor having a son. It pretty much makes sense that MOTU characters have a love life and children at some point in their lives. The only negative thing is the name "Skeleteen" which sounds a bit silly. I hope this is only a nickname and not his real name!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

    Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

  15. #65
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,815
    The way BG Evil-Lyn's bio read, I expected her son to be HEROIC in the future... strange...
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,862
    Sorry, but I honestly think that "Skeleteen" is a lame name. It seems to to keep the character stuck in his teenage years.

    And from the drawing and explanations Micro-Man gave us, I'm pretty sure that I won't want this figure included in the line. From what I saw, I don't like Skeleteen's look.

    It looks like the "Son of He-Man" era is going to be a lame one... so I'm not in a rush to see these characters being released. Bring on the demanded characters first (vintage MOTU, POP, Filmation, 200x, NA & mini-comics) !

    So far, in MOTUC, the only brand new character I liked was Draego-Man. Scott and Matty will have to improve greatly and come up with better ideas than Spector, Laser-Lot, Skeleteen or even Despara (basically, she looks to me like an uninspired Adora wearing a Hordak-looking armor... blech !) to make me spend money on their brand new, never seen before new figures.
    Last edited by Prahvus; March 17, 2013 at 06:37am.

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    986
    I'd be much more apt to see Skeletor's daughter than son. It would create a better dynamic with Dare/He-Ro.

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    476
    I see the Mighty ego... I mean Spector made an apppearence And Skeleteen? Someone please keep Scott Neitlich as far away from these in future as possible. It won't be long until he renames the brand "Neitlich of the Universe".

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I agree, a twisted daughter of Skeletor would be more dynamic! That's why In My CanonTM, I have He-Ro and the Masters of the Universe dealing with Keltra, the Daughter of Destruction instead! She's cuter too, heheh!

    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4148/keltra14x.jpg
    Nice! I like what you have done. Does she wear a skull like battle mask to honor / or continue the legacy as well?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I wish we could Lou Scheimer if "Skeleteen" was something he created. He may not be doing well physically, but his mind is still plenty sharp (he was actually rather funny when I met him at sdcc).

    But in any case, wherever "Skeleteen" came from, why did Scott use it? If it did come from previously written material, why keep it? It's not a good name

    I mean, I know that several of the names of MOTU characters are a bit silly... but "Skeleteen" is just on another level... it sounds like something out of a small small kids story-book about Halloween or something. I don't care for the name.

    Looking forward to seeing this comic on Monday though
    Yeah the name is sorta stunting the potential (besides him not being female) this character can have, yet I guess we have to wait until anything else evolves from this reveal. From the Micro-Man translate from the mini, I really wish that the skull mask was more menacing!

    I would not have seen the name 'Skeleteen' as such a problem as it can maybe be used by others in this "universe" where it's used to mock the character, which drives this kid to become whatever they have planned for him.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  20. #70
    Completely Serious. Bri-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    right behind you...
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I'd be much more apt to see Skeletor's daughter than son. It would create a better dynamic with Dare/He-Ro.
    THANK YOU!

    i've been saying this for a while! why does it always have to be sons in these things?

    personally, i thought it would be cool if illumina was skeletor's daughter, being that she has the gar look, but evil-lyn's white hair. and i thought it would be even cooler if she rejected the path of evil and fought for good...and that she eventually becomes the sorceress after teela.

    i pictured her in a bird outfit, but one that was all red (a nice contrast with her blue skin, and a nod to screeech). i just thought it would be really cool that after all that time of her parents fighting to gain control of castle grayskull, skeletor's daughter is given it willingly...all because she chose the path of good.

    but no, they's rather have he-man vs. skeletor, version 2.0
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior evenflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Jersey Represent
    Posts
    4,297
    I wasn't expecting Skeletor's son to have a skeleton head. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior dagodfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I wasn't expecting Skeletor's son to have a skeleton head. Just doesn't make sense to me.

    Its a mask.

  23. #73
    Evil Warrior Invicta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    708
    I can only wait for son of Beastman called "Bestboy". However it is really hard to top Skeleteen as when it comes to awful names and concepts. I hope this was the first and the last time we see Skeleteen.

  24. #74
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,473
    If anyone who already has the comic can help update the MotUC-Timeline that would be absolutely fantastic as it will take some time until I get my copy. Thanks!

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    yeah, i'm extremely curious about the earth/eternia link...

    i'm also curious if miro is an innocent character, and if so, how does he maintain innocence? there seems to be a lot of scandal revolving around him.
    I am expecting the earth link to be that some Eternians came through a time warp and crashed on Earth having to populate it or vice versa.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •