Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Secret Origin of Skeletor Mini Comic Thread - Spoilers

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I am expecting the earth link to be that some Eternians came through a time warp and crashed on Earth having to populate it or vice versa.
    Prince Adam and Eve (-il-Lyn) and King Hiss crash on Earth...
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Curious as to whether the "mystery item? that showed up at Toyfair is in the comic?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I can only wait for son of Beastman called "Bestboy". However it is really hard to top Skeleteen as when it comes to awful names and concepts. I hope this was the first and the last time we see Skeleteen.
    BEST Boy ??????????

Ok, how about Beasteen ????

Trapteen ?

Mer-Teen ?

Tri-Kloteen ?

Whipteen ?

Clawteen ?

Faketeen (Ver 2.0) ?

All these "teens" can serve Skeleteen !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Hmm, Scott mentioned that Skeleteen comes directly from the SoHM bible but I don't recall that. Since I'm currently redesigning the SoHM world, I've studied the series bible carefully. In fact, I went back to it last night and couldn't find any mention of the Son of Skeletor. Perhaps Scott has a more complete version of the bible...I noticed that the one posted here kinda ends abruptly at page 58.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Nice! I like what you have done. Does she wear a skull like battle mask to honor / or continue the legacy as well?
    Yes, I did design a special battle armor for Keltra with a skull mask to inspire terror. Keltra is a fun character for me to write because she's not just a new Skeletor in my canon. In fact, she often hates being in the shadow of her father (And yet, struggles for his approval a lot) and likes doing things her way instead. Hopefully I can get more of this story written soon, I have a lot of fun ideas for this era that I'd like to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    If anyone who already has the comic can help update the MotUC-Timeline that would be absolutely fantastic as it will take some time until I get my copy. Thanks!
    Sure, I'll help, I really like the MOTUC Timeline you've put together for us! I'll post an overview of the events in the mini-comic soon. Actually, I noticed some interesting tidbits during my second reading of it!

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    BEST Boy ??????????

Ok, how about Beasteen ????

Trapteen ?

Mer-Teen ?

Tri-Kloteen ?

Whipteen ?

Clawteen ?

Faketeen (Ver 2.0) ?

All these "teens" can serve Skeleteen !

Man-E-Faces' son, Teen-E-Faces, can temporarily be on the side of evil serving Skeleteen. He would have really small faces.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

No worries, he dies before his 20th birthday so you can all sleep well tonight.

Junk like "Skeleteen" is why I don't care or follow the story TG is conjuring up in MOTUC. Serious lack of imagination is kill"een" teh line storywise!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I am expecting the earth link to be that some Eternians came through a time warp and crashed on Earth having to populate it or vice versa.
    It's the latter--at least according to the comic book adaptation of the Movie. I don't know if they have rights to that or not. There's a huge starship (or something that looks like it) buried under the ground on the Subternia map, but I haven't found out if it's the Starfinder 5.

And Lou Scheimer says in Inventing the Filmation Generation that "I don't think we had Skeletor have any kids like Skeleteenager; after all, who would bone Skeletor?" Scheimer's memory in that book isn't always the greatest, especially for character names--he seems to forget the link between Hero and the Land of Legends and MotU, but it's obvious if you compare what he says about Jak's transformation sequence and the 1987 Style Guide says about Gray's transformation into He-Ro. But this might be where 'Skeleteen' comes from; I sure don't remember seeing it in the copies of the He-Ro bible I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Curious as to whether the "mystery item? that showed up at Toyfair is in the comic?
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    BEST Boy ??????????
    My typo made it even better (worse)! Watch out for Mattel trademarks!

Quote Originally Posted by dagodfather View Post
    Its a mask.
    Good to know, i didnt realize that.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Junk like "Skeleteen" is why I don't care or follow the story TG is conjuring up in MOTUC. Serious lack of imagination is kill"een" teh line storywise!!
    i know it would have cost some money, but i wish they would have hired a writer that has been involved with the property before...like, paul dini, larry ditillio, or j. michael straczynski. i don't mind fan-editing the continuity we've been given, but obviously it would be awesome if there was just one mythic, non-convoluted storyline that all fans could celebrate and embrace- "yep, that's the story of MOTU!"

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    It's the latter--at least according to the comic book adaptation of the Movie. I don't know if they have rights to that or not. There's a huge starship (or something that looks like it) buried under the ground on the Subternia map, but I haven't found out if it's the Starfinder 5.
    are they pulling a planet of the apes (tim burton version)?!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    It's a Skull mask. Like in Karate Kid. (Look close you will see the string). Incidentally, that design (and name) came from the vintage He-Ro SOHM bible. Too cool not to use!
    No it didn't Scott. I've seen the He-Ro SOHM bible. it was made available for the fans to view online years ago. I saved a copy of it. And it doesn't mention anything about any child of Skeletor at all.

You also claimed that the NA He-Man armor was originally designed for Dare. Again it's not in the bible. Furthermore the bible is from 1996, several years after NA had come and gone.

herobiblepage1.jpg
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    No it didn't Scott. I've seen the He-Ro SOHM bible. it was made available for the fans to view online years ago. I saved a copy of it. And it doesn't mention anything about any child of Skeletor at all.

You also claimed that the NA He-Man armor was originally designed for Dare. Again it's not in the bible. Furthermore the bible is from 1996, several years after NA had come and gone.

herobiblepage1.jpg
    He has said that the initial idea of New Adventures was going to be the Dare stuff but it evolved into the NA story. If that is the case it sounds to me like Mattel has the original, original SOHM Bible not the Lou Scheimer one from the mid 90's. This would explain the differences he has brought to light. Also, the pic from the new mini includes advanced looking ships which could've been from the original NA inspired Dare Bible. These are just ideas I'm kicking around. Regardless I am a huge fan of what may come out of the SOHM era.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

herobiblepage1.jpg

The version we have is from 1988. It is a bit different from the later version I've seen online and is basically Dare set in the NA universe/world vs. the Space Mutants and Skeleteen. From what it appears, this bible became/evolved into what we know as NA He-Man and dropped the offspring aspect. We'll see if we can do a spotlight on it in the near future now that characters from it are appearing in the bios and mini comics. Their are some very interesting tid bits in it including the notion that it would have mixed animation with a live action frame story in each episode.

This is 100% conjecture on my part but based on what I have seen. it appears the 1996 version that has shown up online is a second completely different version that went back and took a look at the Dare character who was clearly dropped from the original 1988 version and gave him a new story. But the origin of the character appears to be from the 1988 version. I don't know if that clarifies or complicates things, but there are clearly multiple early He-Ro SOHM storylines that were mixing around, none of which ever launched. The 1988 one appears to have become/evolved into NA He-Man (based on the look of Dare; his name appears under an image we have come to know as NA He-Man) and the inclusion of the Space Mutants and Guardians (most using their original name like Icarius for Flipshot). I showed a page from this bible at SDCC a few years back.
    Last edited by Toyguru; March 18, 2013 at 01:17am.

Can you please scan and post the entire bible?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Or if legal reasons you can't scan entire thing... Maybe just show it partially.
    I'm sure fans would love to get a glimpse of it. We have never heard of this SOH bible-version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Seconded. I have to wonder why this bibles existence has never been mentioned before now?

Its never been mentioned before because this top secret SoHM story actually stands for "Scooter's Own He-Man" bible.

....(whispers) conspiracy....
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The way BG Evil-Lyn's bio read, I expected her son to be HEROIC in the future... strange...
    He is. Dare turns evil and Skeleteen has to give him a weggie to get him to turn from his evil ways. And this all takes place in a cool Eternian high school.
    Dare - the cool, school bully, always taking Skeleteen's lunch money
    Teelananananana - his hot, snobby girlfriend
    Dunkin' YoFace - his jock best friend
    Strateen - Stratos' smart but sensible daughter
    Trap Jaweena - Trap Jaws nerdy daughter

You get the idea...

One of my favorite parts of the mini is that Keldor had Panthor prior to being banished. It is an example of how good Keldor actually was and the devotion of his pet.

Ok, the guy with scar in the crowd, is he the hooded figure with glowing red eyes? If so he is inciting the riot and then confused about where he is. I think he was being compelled to do so by Hordak who also killed the queen somehow. Hordak had to be responsible for Keldor's fall.

Has it ever been mentioned as to why

Keldor 'slipped' and killed his mother?
    Fit of rage one assumes, but this is not explained whatsoever in the mini-comic and left me scratching my head a little. Also, has it been explained as to why Keldor and Randor are brothers, but Keldor is Gar and Randor is human? Again, another point of confusion. Lastly, the element of Keldor being banished and his seeming lack of passionate distaste for this concept seemed stilted in the comic. Perhaps he merely knew it was coming (based on the killing of dear ol' mom) and simply excepted his fate, but that piece of the puzzle seemed ill-fitting to me.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Utter pap.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Has it ever been mentioned as to why Fit of rage one assumes, but this is not explained whatsoever in the mini-comic and left me scratching my head a little. Also, has it been explained as to why Keldor and Randor are brothers, but Keldor is Gar and Randor is human? Again, another point of confusion. Lastly, the element of Keldor being banished and his seeming lack of passionate distaste for this concept seemed stilted in the comic. Perhaps he merely knew it was coming (based on the killing of dear ol' mom) and simply excepted his fate, but that piece of the puzzle seemed ill-fitting to me.
    they are half brothers, no? as in two different mothers?

which again, begs the question of miro being an innocent guy. i would love it if he wasn't, but somehow i think that kind of complexity may be avoided.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    they are half brothers, no? as in two different mothers?
    Right, that much is obvious, but the comic left a lot unexplained in this regard. One figures Keldor

killed only his step-mother
    but still the comic (perhaps given its limited space?) left much of this back story to the readers interpretation. I guess... keep reading he bios or some such?
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!