Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Secret Origin of Skeletor Mini Comic Thread - Spoilers

who's the old guy say "Where am I"?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Would one of you fine folks who's seen the comic so far do me a favor and at least describe what Miro's wife looks like? I know, it's an odd request; but, I feel like she's such a pivital character that's never even been mentioned before, and I'm gagging to know what she looks like...but won't have my comic until later this week.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...It's just not a regular day without SOMEONE stating or inferring that Toyguru is a liar, ek kids?? Cue the Circus-music!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    that's what I'd like to know! Does anyone know??

Quote Originally Posted by CrashWatchman View Post
    that's what I'd like to know! Does anyone know??
    yeah, this was the thing that confused me too. I wouldn't be so worried about it but since we are not getting any new comics after this one it kind of sucks.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Skeleteen... ?

Not the definitive canon... Avatars for my imagination... Avatars for my imagination... !!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd just like to say that I really enjoyed this mini comic - I just wish it was a few pages longer, there is a lot of information to digest in it. I really liked the art in this and it had a feel of the 200X comic series to it. I really dig the look of Skeleteen (if that is his name - it's not mentioned in the comic from what I can see) I also liked how Songster tells the kids the story and I like the intro from Scrollos!

My favourite pic has to be of Keldor and Mer-Man shaking hands That is probably the first and last time Keldor/Skeletor was friendly to poor old Squidish.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    I think it's just a random citizen of Eternos that was put under a spell. It's never explained in detail but I suspect that Hordak was behind the whole murder of the Queen Mother. Even though it looks like Keldor killed her, he still looks like he's in a daze when Randor finds him. Perhaps Keldor was enchanted as well...?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The version we have is from 1988. It is a bit different from the later version I've seen online and is basically Dare set in the NA universe/world vs. the Space Mutants and Skeleteen. From what it appears, this bible became/evolved into what we know as NA He-Man and dropped the offspring aspect. We'll see if we can do a spotlight on it in the near future now that characters from it are appearing in the bios and mini comics. Their are some very interesting tid bits in it including the notion that it would have mixed animation with a live action frame story in each episode.
    I think fans would be interested in at least a synopsis of what could have been back then; I know I would be. I'm assuming Mattel has the rights to the material (and thus could potentially share it) if some of it is showing up in the mini?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Would one of you fine folks who's seen the comic so far do me a favor and at least describe what Miro's wife looks like? I know, it's an odd request; but, I feel like she's such a pivital character that's never even been mentioned before, and I'm gagging to know what she looks like...but won't have my comic until later this week.
    She looks a bit like Queen Marlena did in the old minicomics, with elements of King Miro's 200X colour scheme and costume design. She has long grey hair with a crown, a blue dress, a green belt and wristbands.

I gotta say, Skeleteen might be the worst character design in MOTU history. Green mohawk, skull Halloween mask, and a Skeletor-inspired outfit with a sleeveless trenchcoat. He makes Spector look good by comparison.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; March 19, 2013 at 02:03pm.

A few thoughts:

• Love the design for Miro's wife, whatever her name might be!

• I agree - WHY does that guy say "W-where am I?" I don't get it at all. Was he the one who killed Keldor's mother? Is he there for some other reason? Very confused.

•*Loved Songster, and his design!

•*Skeleteen... erm... not a huge fan from what I've seen. But I could be swayed by an actual figure some day. I was hoping he'd be "good" too. Guess he could still be, but didn't seem that way. And... what exactly happened there? Faceless One was convinced by what he saw, so the legacy being carried on by Skeleteen seems to be a good things somehow... these are all things I'd be okay with being confused about if there were more comics coming. But the bios are just too confusing to follow for this sort of thing, if that's the plan.

•*Strange that the cover seems to have nothing to do with the interior at all! Keldor and Randor are much older before Hordak/Kur becomes a part of anything. Guess that's tradition in comics.

• The line about the "crown landing on his shoulders" was a bit odd. I'd think crowns would be landing on heads. I know what they mean, just some awkward phrasing.

• Overall, I didn't think the story was too bad, really. Still felt too rushed with too many gaps of knowledge left it, but it was fun as a freebie.

HOLY CRAP Skeletor's son is friggin' METAL! Forget Skeleteen, I'm callin' him SKELEDETH. Man I hope they have room for that guy in the line before it ends. He'll be the first figure that will have a guitar with him at all times - by default, even.
    Last edited by Alexx; March 19, 2013 at 05:15pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    HOLY CRAP Skeletor's son is friggin' METAL! Forget Skeleteen, I'm callin' him SKELEDETH.
    That would be an awesome name!

I really liked this comic, based on the action figures and the story on the bios. I wish we'd get more of these! But not over Stridor/Night Stalker, Skeletor's Robot Knights, and the Battle Ram!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Imagine if we got 200X Queen Marlena, but with an alternate "Miro's Queen"'s head? Or vice versa--Miro's Queen, but with a 200X Queen Marlena body and 200X Queen Marlena alternate head?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Skeledeth is an infinitely better name than Skeleteen.

Overall I liked it, definitely rushed, but still good. I also hope to get more comics oneday.

On to Skeleteen. My big issue with him, besides his name, is he is waaaaaay too much like Skeletor. Neck down he's Skeletor with 4 shoulder spikes, knee pads, moved the chest symbol to the belt, added a skull & switched from a cape to a sleeveless trenchcoat. Top it off with a discount Halloween mask. Way too similar & cheap for my tastes. King He-Man has nods to Randor, Skeleteen just raided Daddy's closet & super glued a couple extra bones on. Not a fan. Swing and a miss.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The version we have is from 1988. It is a bit different from the later version I've seen online and is basically Dare set in the NA universe/world vs. the Space Mutants and Skeleteen. From what it appears, this bible became/evolved into what we know as NA He-Man and dropped the offspring aspect. We'll see if we can do a spotlight on it in the near future now that characters from it are appearing in the bios and mini comics. Their are some very interesting tid bits in it including the notion that it would have mixed animation with a live action frame story in each episode.

This is 100% conjecture on my part but based on what I have seen. it appears the 1996 version that has shown up online is a second completely different version that went back and took a look at the Dare character who was clearly dropped from the original 1988 version and gave him a new story. But the origin of the character appears to be from the 1988 version. I don't know if that clarifies or complicates things, but there are clearly multiple early He-Ro SOHM storylines that were mixing around, none of which ever launched. The 1988 one appears to have become/evolved into NA He-Man (based on the look of Dare; his name appears under an image we have come to know as NA He-Man) and the inclusion of the Space Mutants and Guardians (most using their original name like Icarius for Flipshot). I showed a page from this bible at SDCC a few years back.

Sincerely, can you please stop crow-barring your characters into every single aspect of MotU? I know you are the brand manager, but it really is embarassing how you keep putting "yourself" into the stories in an attempt be woven into the MotU mythos. I have never known another person do this as you do. Please stop.
    You don't see any other brand managers invent characters multiple times over and then go on to place them in the timelines and furthermore, make important changes based on ego alone. You have Lt Spector and regular Spector. ONE FIGURE IS ENOUGH! Two is just pure vanity. The bios and now the comic hijack is just too much. Take a step back, be happy to have a background character. Don't put other characters down just to make yours look good. It reflects so badly on your position. It reminds me of Cartman's Ninja superhero from that South Park episode when he had to have every super power just so he could beat everyone else.
    And sorry, but taking established ideas, characters and events written by others and putting them in a comic does not mean you wrote it, Scott.
    Please stop with the self glorification. It genuinely ruins my enjoyment of the franchise. I don't want to follow the Neitlich show. I want He Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    HOLY CRAP Skeletor's son is friggin' METAL! Forget Skeleteen, I'm callin' him SKELEDETH. Man I hope they have room for that guy in the line before it ends. He'll be the first figure that will have a guitar with him at all times - by default, even.
    You take a mortal man...
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Interesting comic. I agree that Skeleteen (that really does sound like a Monster High name) looks very 90s. I still think a two pack of him and Dare, or a two pack of the Queen and good guy Keldor would be cool to see some day.

I forget, is this the first time Clamp Champ (if that kid is him) has been called Raenius? Also if CC is a contemporary of Adam, what the heck is he eating because he looks way older as a figure!

I liked the queen's design. She reminds me a little of the 1987 movie Sorceress with Miro's colors and bird-wing crown instead of the crystal/feather headdress.

I'm curious why Keldor and Randor are so young on the cover when they are both sporting beards in the book. Shorthand to show it's a prequel on the cover? Awesome choice of costumes for young Keldor though!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I think it's just a random citizen of Eternos that was put under a spell. It's never explained in detail but I suspect that Hordak was behind the whole murder of the Queen Mother. Even though it looks like Keldor killed her, he still looks like he's in a daze when Randor finds him. Perhaps Keldor was enchanted as well...?
    Yeah, if you look in the page before it, there's a mystery character in a black hood with glowing red eyes hanging out in the crowd and who suggests they give the crown to the Queen. Then after she's killed the person in the black hood is some old guy wondering where he is, so it looks like some evil force (most likely Hordak) had possessed him to set the events in motion. Presumably Keldor was likewise possessed and killed the Queen too.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Snappy Threader
    Wow man I can't wait to get this. Mine is currently making the trek accross Wyoming, South Dakota and Kansas. Sounds pretty wicked cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Interesting comic. I agree that Skeleteen (that really does sound like a Monster High name) looks very 90s. I still think a two pack of him and Dare, or a two pack of the Queen and good guy Keldor would be cool to see some day.

I forget, is this the first time Clamp Champ (if that kid is him) has been called Raenius? Also if CC is a contemporary of Adam, what the heck is he eating because he looks way older as a figure!

I liked the queen's design. She reminds me a little of the 1987 movie Sorceress with Miro's colors and bird-wing crown instead of the crystal/feather headdress.

I'm curious why Keldor and Randor are so young on the cover when they are both sporting beards in the book. Shorthand to show it's a prequel on the cover? Awesome choice of costumes for young Keldor though!

Yeah, if you look in the page before it, there's a mystery character in a black hood with glowing red eyes hanging out in the crowd and who suggests they give the crown to the Queen. Then after she's killed the person in the black hood is some old guy wondering where he is, so it looks like some evil force (most likely Hordak) had possessed him to set the events in motion. Presumably Keldor was likewise possessed and killed the Queen too.
    BRAVO SIR! You have an eye in the sky and an ear to the street!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I really enjoyed this one! Congrats to all the creatives on the book, great job!

I also am under the impression that Hordak possessed the old man in the crowd and somehow causes the death of Keldor's step-mother, as well as stoking the rage against the Gar.

As far as Skeleteen, I think it would be interesting to see Keldor and Lyn's son grow up and learn his father became Skeletor. What causes him to sympathize with his fathers goals? Does he learn Keldor's tragic story and try to reclaim what his father had lost, the throne of Eternia? Maybe King He-Man tries to shelter him from the truth, but upon learning of his heritage, he rebels. There is definitely some cool territory to explore there!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I loved, loved, LOVED seeing Skeletor standing there at the end with his skull floating…pure awesome sauce!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I don't understand why King Randor and Keldor are so young on the cover... At first I thought King Randor was a woman and that King Miro was stopping short.